Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DruTheFu
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Sick, just sick. I purchased the clear shooter lane protection and laid it in to test fit it, but didn't secure it. I was working on the game and had it up on the service rails and I heard a "pop". No more slings... Everything else worked perfect, all other coils, lighting, witches and both flippers. Then saw that the shooter lane protection raised up and seemingly jammed the auto plunger switch. Suspecting this may have caused the problem.

Entered the Service Menu... No Technician service reminders. No node board errors. And the slings fire when cycling the coils. But slings still didn't fire when normal gameplay started. Decided to run a Factory "Reset". Still no slings, but now the right flipper locks "on" so I turn the game off immediately and the flipper falls.

I manually inspected the Node boards for any obvious burnt components... none. I posted this in the Ghostbusters club as well.

Any advice or ideas before I email Stern in the morning? Thanks.

#2 3 years ago

Well, normally when you short a component the first thing you do is the check the associated fuses...did you do you that yet? 2. all the components that you're having issues with is controlled by node board 8....the flipper energizing when you turn the game on is most likely a fried transistor, the good news is that it has through the board transistors that you can replace. If you have no experience with board work, you can send it out for repairs but first you have to find the bad component, I'm thinking it's one of the transistors on node 8....so start there.

https://www.amusementrc.com/dev/Ghostbusters%20Pro%20Pinball.pdf

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Well, normally when you short a component the first thing you do is the check the associated fuses...did you do you that yet? 2. all the components that you're having issues with is controlled by node board 8....the flipper energizing when you turn the game on is most likely a fried transistor, the good news is that it has through the board transistors that you can replace. If you have no experience with board work, you can send it out for repairs but first you have to find the bad component, I'm thinking it's one of the transistors on node 8....so start there.
https://www.amusementrc.com/dev/Ghostbusters%20Pro%20Pinball.pdf

Thanks for the input. I couldn't find any associated fuses. Am I missing something? Where should I look? I know when I experienced a flipper stuck energized on my Sega game, I had to replace transistor and the diode on the flipper coil. I didn't see any diodes on these coils though. I was suspecting node board 8...

Is this logical? I get a new node board 8, drop it in, then repair my existing board and keep it as a spare. I'm just worried because I remember when one node board went out on our Stern Star Wars, it affected other node boards...

#4 3 years ago

It's hard to shotgun something without having more info. I can only tell you that all the issues your having is pointing to node board 8. I can also tell you that it's most likely one or more of the transistors on that node board that's fried. Don't worry about the diode on the coil, games have the diode on the board rather than the coil now. As far as my fuse comment, it was just a general comment, I don't have GB and the spike system on that is the older gen. If you own a multimeter you can find which transistor is bad....

Checking for a shorted transistor the quick method:
Power off, Set meter to Buzz tone-Cone shape symbol
1.Place black probe on ground
2.place red probe on the metal tab (top of transistor) of Transistor
3.If you get a null or no reading or buzztone that Transistor is bad/shorted.

If you're still confused

1 week later
#5 3 years ago

Any update on the fix?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 49.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-pro-spike-slings-shots-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.