IMG_3572 (resized).JPG
IMG_0639 (resized).JPG
IMG_3554 (resized).PNG
IMG_3553 (resized).PNG
IMG_3552 (resized).JPG
IMG_3548 (resized).JPG
IMG_3546 (resized).JPG
IMG_3545 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 7 years ago

The idea that gameroom guys are liable to repair your machine is ludicrous. If the motor is defective, you're due for a replacement of course. And some email assistance on how to repair your node board. A couple years back, a run of motors came wired wrong. I noticed mine was wired wrong and swapped the wires before installing it. The responsibility of installing mods is on the installer not the seller.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Node boards are becoming a 4-letter word around here. They are constantly acting as a major failure point. Not sure if they're designed to be a failure point rather than the main board or if they're unexpectedly problematic, but man, those dang node boards are bringing down games quite a bit.

Pinball machines have boards that fail. In the old system you had a big power driver board that was the point of failure. In spike, this is distributed across several node boards. Those node boards can fail just like the old driver boards failed. So it sounds like mode boards are extra fragile but they're really the only point of failure on the system since they carry all the drivers for all the coils. These boards should be repairable just like older driver boards (except I think the components are not through hole making it harder) .

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

So from what I gather, you guys assume just the cabinet node board is faulty? Would it cause complete shutdown of the main CPU besides just the 48 volt LED flashing?

Have you tried disconnecting the cabinet node board from the system to see if the game boots up without it? Checked all system fuses?

This is not a "mod"...its an upgrade that is a factory Stern part. Regarding the motor number, it doesn't match any Spike system from what I have researched. The only motor I was able to match it to was for a Tron pin. They sent the wrong motor for a Spike machine and in turn caused the damage to my Node board. This is not user error...I've installed these before on a Spike machine.

An upgrade is by definition a mod. If they sent you the wrong part, you probably should have caught that before installing it (although I can see it being an easy mistake) . Still, a parts seller is not responsible for your machine repairs. I wouldn't expect them to buy you a node board for your machine.

#27 7 years ago

I don't want a repaired board in my brand new machine...I need a new $185 board sent with the right shaker.

This is purely emotional and not relevant at all. A properly repaired board is as good as a new board. These boards are fairly simple.

Anyways, with those expectations, your "brand new machine" is going to be down for a long time while you argue with grg.

#31 7 years ago

So when your fancy smartphone or 4K TV breaks you're totally cool with one out of the box with repaired boards in it right? I don't think requesting a new $185 board is unreasonable here. I'm not asking for a new machine...new part in a timely manner...oh and the right shaker. The emails from the sales manager assured me it would be taken care of next week so hopefully it's not a bunch of drama like Pinside

Pinball machines are operator serviceable unlike smart phones and 4k TVs. It's not at all the same type of thing.

Also, what do you think stern does with all the broken node boards that they get back? If you think they throw them in the trash to make sure you get a "new" board in your machine you're wrong. They get repaired and stuck in the node board box where the assembly team grabs them and uses them while assembling machines.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe
Toppers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-pro-shaker-motor-install-failnode-board-smokingwtf?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.