• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ahdelarge
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hi all,
Did something amazingly stupid and formatted my SD card instead of my USB thumb drive on Ghostbusters Pro.

Does anyone have a backup image of the Ghostbusters Pro SD card I could download?

Cheers!
Adam.

#2 7 years ago

Hate to say it, but you may not find anyone willing to pull their SD card and attempt to make a backup image - know I'd be hesitant to pull it. Might be best to reach out to Stern.

#3 7 years ago

if you try to update the unit via usb with the sd card formatted, would it rewrite the required data back on the sdcard?

#4 7 years ago

Thanks, guys. I just thought I would see if someone has made a backup. You never know.

I've been told that it doesn't re-write the SD card. Was going to try it last night, but ran out of time. Had friends come over and they were getting impatient.

In the mean time, have emailed my distributor.

#5 7 years ago

I've got a premium/Le image if that helps?

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:

I've got a premium/Le image if that helps?

I wouldn't put that in a pro for fear of doing something very bad.

LTG : )

#7 7 years ago

While you're waiting, make backups of all your important data.

#8 7 years ago

Thanks for the offer, but yes, the two game codes are different.

Will be formatting both SD card and USB thumb drive as FAT32 tonight and will run the update again.

#9 7 years ago

You can't just copy it, it has protection or hidden sectors,
you need to use a program like this to create a raw copy file.
http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/
(you can make a raw copy to a file on your pc, so you can easily create a new sd card)

I would advise everyone to make a raw copy of the sd card on everyone of their spike-pin.

The good thing is, if you do that, it keeps your settings and highscores from the moment you do the backup.
If you use a copy to do the upgrade, you can simply downgrade in seconds by switching the sd cards.

So maybe someone can make a raw copy of their gb pro sd card and then send the file with "wetransfer" to ahdelarge ?
(Sorry mine is a gb le)

#10 7 years ago

or

dd if=/dev/sdX of=/dev/sdY

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dd_(Unix)

#11 7 years ago

Take the LE SD image being offered and write it to your card then do the software update from stern on the card to get the latest pro software.

#12 7 years ago

Thank you everyone for your help.

I re-imaged my SD card with game code (used the HDD Raw Copy software). Unplugged the two ethernet cables from CPU board. Plugged SD card in and USB thumb drive with Ghostbusters update. Turned machine on. Updated my machine and then plugged Ethernet cables in. My Ghotbusters is now working again. w00!!!!!!!!

#13 7 years ago

Stern should definitely be putting that kind of image out there for an emergency fix. Hell, they would be able to throw something together that is stripped down and only boots the update code so that there wouldn't be any worry about what the node boards might do if in the wrong machine (if that is even an issue?).

#14 7 years ago

I always backup the current image on my Spike games before doing any update in case I want to revert back. Here is the video I made showing how to backup and restore the SD card for Spike games.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:

Stern should definitely be putting that kind of image out there for an emergency fix. Hell, they would be able to throw something together that is stripped down and only boots the update code so that there wouldn't be any worry about what the node boards might do if in the wrong machine (if that is even an issue?).

Thanks heaps for all your help and going to the trouble you did. Extremely grateful.

Markmon, thanks for the advice also.

Thanks to everyone else for providing the additional info and the software to download. It all worked like a charm.

I don't know why Stern don't have a full SD card image online (even if it's hidden), so if something drastic happens, people don't have to wait around for their distributor or Stern to mail it out. Would be so annoying for an op to run into this issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-pro-sd-card and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.