“Ghostbusters (Pro) or Metallica (Pro)”

• Ghostbusters (Pro) 56 votes
    39%
  • Metallica (Pro) 83 votes
    58%
  • Other 4 votes
    3%

(143 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 7 years ago

Feel same as most comments. Tough call. I almost pulled trigger on a MET pro earlier this year. Not a big fan of music but liking gameplay more and more as I play it. There are a lot of rules but I like how easy it is to pick up on the basics. GB does have that new game high. I only played a few games but really enjoyed it. Looks awesome, interesting layout, fun theme, great toys, and code pretty decent. Downside is that some of the shots are extremely tight and overall a rough game. Need to play it more to get a better feel for modes. Being on the tough side isn't all bad but could get frustrating. If you have the budget and room, get MET now and GB next year. MET will be out of production soon and GB will no doubt be for sale a long while. You also get the benefit of the kinks getting worked out and better code at purchase. If you can only get one, I say GB.

1 week later
#37 7 years ago

Got to play a GB in location many times. Gameplay was brutal even with a loose tilt, especially for my kids. Getting anything over 50m was an achievement. Advancing the modes or even getting to MB was near impossible. Slimer didn't respond to hits, ball never went up right ramp, and of course the drains were fierce. Got to a point where it got old and rather play something else. I guess the game was not setup well but it does raise concerns. Thinking of changing my answer to MET as far as the game to get. Maybe GB prem will be better but seems like a really good idea to wait before buying GB. Maybe it will turn into a great game but not so sure right now.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So your opinion changed on what to buy after you actually played GB?
Interesting concept, that actually playing a game might influence your opinion on this.

Nope. Played a few games at TPF and really liked it. I was truly impressed. It looked good and was fun to play. The games there seemed to work better so not sure why the one I last played is so different. Felt like a whole different game. Thought maybe it's just because I suck but nobody else could do any better. Maybe it is just that one machine that needs tweaking. I'm still interested in getting a premium but no way I am buying one without first playing. I just hope the premium plays much better and a little more forgiving.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Don't buy @ launch
MET has compete code & all the bugs worked out
GB is incomplete based on every Stern game ever made before it, the slimmer mech has already changed, playfield has typos, the proton streams were cut last minute, the upper wireform bend issue has not been resolved nor has the lower lane metal wire. Plus the next game will have an LCD...
Risk management applies to investments, income, insurance & pinball lol
But I still want a GB

That sums up my thoughts perfectly. GB definitely has some kinks to be worked out. I still want one but smart thing is to wait for issues to be resolved. MET is a solid game but production is almost over. Then you have color displays coming out soon. Maybe there will be an awesome Star Wars with a great display that blows GB away. Probably will be a while for something like that, though. Not sure I want to end up with an all Stern lineup either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,600 (OBO)
$ 29.95
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 103.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-pro-or-metallica-pro?tu=jawjaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.