“Which one would you buy?”

• Ghostbusters (Pro) 36 votes
    55%
  • Aerosmith (Pro) 29 votes
    45%

(65 votes)

#1 7 years ago

Hey guys,

In the market for a new pin and trying to decide between these 2. Looking for some opinions.

Thanks

No Bashing please.

#2 7 years ago

Met Pro. Your welcome.

Reason I mention this is because it on your wish list, it is a proven game, you can still buy it NIB and it is the best bang for your buck NIB out there. You can play the crap out of MET while see how GB and AS play out and if you get tired of it with it and need a change you can get great trade and resale value for it in the future.

#3 7 years ago

Aerosmith all the way

#4 7 years ago

Pinny,

Your right! I already own a MET and love it!

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Jonjon74:

Hey guys,
In the market for a new pin and trying to decide between these 2. Looking for some opinions.
Thanks
No Bashing please.

Don't buy a pin until you confirm the software is good (Aerosmith). It shouldn't even be considered.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Don't buy a pin until you confirm the software is good (Aerosmith). It shouldn't even be considered.

I would normally agree with that, but in the last few years Stern has really done a great job with software updates.

#7 7 years ago

Met pro and/or TWD pro

#8 7 years ago

I've only played GB pro so who knows how good Aerosmith pro will be...but it does look good. I would wait till you can play both and see which one you like the best, but right now I would say GB as that game is great IMO...on 1.05 code is what I played.

#9 7 years ago

Ghostbusters. The layout of GB looks like it provides more shots and I prefer its story based ruleset compared to what I've seen so far in Aerosmith.

#10 7 years ago

why the rush before you play it? Pro's limited now? Why does the decision have to be made before you played 50 games on each? No matter what people say here, the only way you can make a sound judgement is to play both 50 times.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

why the rush before you play it? Pro's limited now? Why does the decision have to be made before you played 50 games on each? No matter what people say here, the only way you can make a sound judgement is to play both 50 times.

Couple things. I have the money now and I figure the longer I wait the more chance of a shortage.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I've only played GB pro so who knows how good Aerosmith pro will be...but it does look good. I would wait till you can play both and see which one you like the best, but right now I would say GB as that game is great IMO...on 1.05 code is what I played.

I've played GB pro and liked it overall but the drainers were a killer.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Jonjon74:

Couple things. I have the money now and I figure the longer I wait the more chance of a shortage.

I hear ya! However I got to agree. I think the conventional wisdom on Pinside is BS. There are only a handful of Pros shipping. Find out what's available and go play them for a hour or two. When I bought back in November, I could only find MET, ST, GB or KISS. Conventional wisdom was MET or GB. But when I played on location I liked KISS by far!

Since getting the KISS I still play the other 3 on location every couple weeks. I'm still trying to like GB. I have no regrets on KISS. KISS and ST Pros are no longer shipping so find out what YOU like. Bottom line is that you need to do what's right for you. There is no perfect game.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Jonjon74:

Put the money aside and wait? Don't get me wrong -- I get it, money earmarked for fun has a way of burning a hole in your pocket. That said, pulling the trigger on AS without playing it for fear of spending the money elsewhere isn't a great reason. AS will be in production for a long time, as will GB.

If you have to buy now, I'd buy a used GB pro as the hit is already taken on value. If it turns out you really like AS, you can sell GB to fund the AS without losing too much value.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Jonjon74:

I would normally agree with that, but in the last few years Stern has really done a great job with software updates.

I don't think I have ever read something like this on pinside

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

I don't think I have ever read something like this on pinside

To clarify what I meant.

IMHO - Did first version software suck. Yes

Did Stern release updates that shaped to the game to be what it is today. Yes

Did Stern release on a timely fashion. No

All I'm saying is that all the newer games started with not so great software and ended up being much much better.

#17 7 years ago

Modern pinball shortage.....

If it is that popular it will have a vault edition. Keep your money elsewhere. Buy once you are sure after playing them both.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Jonjon74:

Tell that to Kiss owners.

It's your money, your gamble. But between the QC and code issues, don't buy anything from Stern until it's clear they can make playfields that don't look like Swiss cheese after a few games & until they can finish code. GB quality is a shame. B66 quality and code is a shame. No one has played Aero.

Get something else that's proven.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Jonjon74:

Pinny,
Your right! I already own a MET and love it!

Oh! Good. Update your collection when you ask about buying advise. It lets folks see where you are at now so they can help you figure out your future.

I know some folks don't like these what should I buy threads, but I think they are helpful. Who else can we ask? Not my wife for sure. Although she will tell me what she does not want in the house. She does not like my RCT and did not like WCS????

#20 7 years ago

Ghostbusters is one of the most unique layouts in a long time and Aerosmith seems a lot of copy and paste. To me ghostbusters is a no brainer in less you love Aerosmith but unfortunately I would wait in till Stern sorts out there crap playfield mess it's still going on even with the bm66 look at the thread.

#21 7 years ago

If you want another "fan" layout with one mechanical toy and typical ruleset go Aero. Not even any drop targets !!!

If you want a "different" unique layout with many other mecanical action goodies go GB. Also GB has a killer ruleset that I don't think Aero will ever match. GB is the clear choice.

Not saying Aero is bad, most have not played it. I base my opinion on layout, toys, substance and proven code on GB.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Tell that to Kiss owners.
It's your money, your gamble. But between the QC and code issues, don't buy anything from Stern until it's clear they can make playfields that don't look like Swiss cheese after a few games & until they can finish code. GB quality is a shame. B66 quality and code is a shame. No one has played Aero.
Get something else that's proven.

KISS is great ! Other than the cities modes not in there what's not to like ?

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Oh! Good. Update your collection when you ask about buying advise. It lets folks see where you are at now so they can help you figure out your future.
I know some folks don't like these what should I buy threads, but I think they are helpful. Who else can we ask? Not my wife for sure. Although she will tell me what she does not want in the house. She does not like my RCT and did not like WCS????

But your wife doesn't even play pinball...

#24 7 years ago

Ghostbusters.

#25 7 years ago

Aerosmith hasn't made a great album since Rocks, but bustin' still makes me feel good.

#26 7 years ago

GB pro from what I can tell . The title is a home run fun facto a 10 arts a 10 ,code is still coming out .
AS looks good but really can't tell till you play it .

Real funny how it reminds me of guitar heroe .

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

GB pro from what I can tell . The title is a home run fun facto a 10 arts a 10 ,code is still coming out .
AS looks good but really can't tell till you play it .
Real funny how it reminds me of guitar heroe .

Games can 'look good' at first, but once home that impression can change. I thought KISS looked good (fun!) and expected it to get better with code updates, but that didn't happen. The more I played it, the more I realized how unfinished it was. GB is nowhere near as unfinished as KISS was, but that game still some some things needing to be worked out. Since AS seems to rely heavily on KISS base code, you would think AS should be fairly complete as it ships. Whether the rules keep you interested will be another story. I know I absolutely can't stand that super ramps whistle or the camera click spinner sounds. If I bought AS, I would change those 2 sounds right away. Even if you are re-using code, at least change the sound effects is what I would say to the programmer. Little things like sounds and lighting can go a long way in improving the playing experience.

Rob

#28 7 years ago

He asked about Ghostbusters and Aerosmith.

Between those, I would go with Ghostbusters, it is a great game.

A few other games have come up in this thread, The Walking Dead and Metallica. I own both those games and Ghostbusters, and would go with Ghostbusters over both. I also have an Aerosmith on order, and expect I will like Aerosmith more then The Walking Dead or Matallica.

Not to knock those other 2 games, they play well, but I will enjoy Aerosmith's music more.

That is the great thing about having different games to choose from, different people look for different things.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Met Pro. Your welcome.
Reason I mention this is because it on your wish list, it is a proven game, you can still buy it NIB and it is the best bang for your buck NIB out there. You can play the crap out of MET while see how GB and AS play out and if you get tired of it with it and need a change you can get great trade and resale value for it in the future.

I agree with pinnyheadhead, Met is a great game....Get it while you can, the others will be around for a while

#30 7 years ago

Threw together a couple Pro/Cons. Please add.

GB Pro:
Playfield/Quailty issues are sorted out.
It's more proven – know what to expect.

GB Con:
Lots of hate with the draining and air ball issues.
Having to add protectors.
No Color DMD. Is it even possible with Spike System?

Aerosmith Pro:
Dirty Donny Artwork!
LCD Display – Animations are very cool.

Aerosmith Con:
Unproven.
First run – possible quality issues.
More like MET then GB.

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 103.00
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-pro-or-aerosmith-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.