IMG_5521 (resized).JPG
IMG_5520 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
dzqmpe6hvip21 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_20180106_120414966 (resized).jpg
6CFEE5E0-7788-4981-AA39-E67D4D1C54BE (resized).jpeg
20180103_003032 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imagamejunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 6 years ago

Yes!!!!
I have to load this up on my premium now. Awesome.
Thanks mudflaps and cleland!

Junky

#49 6 years ago

Hey Cleland. Since you mentioned swapping SD cards instead of overwriting, are you aware of an easy way to transfer high scores from the stock code (and card) to the new code?

Mudflaps, do you know?

Thanks

#148 6 years ago

Hey guys.
I spent a bunch of time yesterday figuring out how to edit sound files with Audacity. Cool little program!
My original plan was to edit a few of the sound files that mudflaps, Cleland, and marcdaddy had graciously shared here with us. I was having fun with it and I ended up just creating my own crazy mix. So far I’ve changed 10 sound files with various music from some rock songs that I like. Nine inch Nails, White Zombie, Old Metallica, etc.. I’m not 100% satisfied with it yet. I need to make some adjustments. Yes, I am fully aware that this has absolutely nothing to do with the Ghostbusters movies. I just did it for fun.
If any of you Premium/Le owners would like to try it on your machines then PM me. I will share it when I’m done.
Junky

#158 6 years ago

Here are some modified premium/le 1.13 code versions for you guys.

The first one is cleland/mudflap's version from the first page of this thread. I made adjustments to the audio levels in the "ok who brought the dog" and "spooked librarian" modes. Nothing else is changed.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vRrGtGB-44hgGJIASzbi_tKAh3ok--Gy?usp=sharing

The second one is the same as above except I changed the "ball(s) in play-no mode" music from the normal ghostbusters theme songs to Bruno Mars-24k magic. I also turned the regular slimer audio into a creepy, EVIL DEAD slimer. I did this version just for fun and I'm sure it's not for everyone.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VyAs-FQcQYY67_63J_511_G75JEVE2YP?usp=sharing

I'm not selling these or asking for anything from anyone.

My recommendations are to adjust speech attenuation to 10 (quieter) and music attenuation to -10 (louder). I also like the treble at 80 and the bass at 100+.
Also, the default volume level on GB is WAY too loud. Do your speakers a favor and turn that down. I'm setting that no higher than 15 usually.

Enjoy!

#195 6 years ago

Yes! You beat me to it. Mode takes precedence. The storage facility MB music will only play if there is no active mode

1 week later
#277 6 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I’m new to this whole updating thing so I have just one question. Is the file we download to a SD card for the entire code and music? Would I just remove the existing card and save it and install the new card with the changes? If I wanted original back just swap back cards?

I recommend leaving your sd card in place. Much easier. Install the new code on a usb stick. Make sure you’re installing on the root of a formatted drive. Make sure it’s the correct version (pro or Prem/le). Plug it in the backbox with the pin OFF. Power on the pin and follow instructions on the dmd.
If you wanted to revert back to stock you would do the exact same thing with the code you can download from stern.
Junky

#278 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have successfully updated games with stern code using my 4 g memory stick, but i can't get this to work. I reformatted in fat32, empty stick. downloaded v3 of this code, saved it onto the stick. inserted stick while game is off, start up game, and it just goes to play mode, never initiating an update

My guess is that it’s either the wrong code (pro vs Prem) or you are having a problem with that one usb stick. I had the exact same issue with TWD. It turned out to be the stick brand. Switching sticks fixed it believe it or not.
Junky

#284 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Please forgive my ignorance here..... I have never had this issue. I see the file on the stick as the only file. How do I know it’s in the “root”directory? It says it’s 378 mb

I'm not at my computer right now to check. However I remember that the premium update file was closer to 900 megabytes so 300 seems way too small

#285 6 years ago

Root just means it's not in any folders structure.

#300 6 years ago

I'm gonna complicate this a little...
Something you could do.
Download/install pinball browser (it's free and easy).
Load the new custom code sdk of your preference from this thread into pinball browser. Manually input your existing high scores into pinball browser (as the new defaults). Save! Load this new saved code sdk onto an empty usb stick. Update your machine as normal. You will now have the new custom audio mix AND your old high scores.
Furthermore, there's no reason to remove your old SD card and save a copy of it. If you want to revert back to stock you can download it direct from stern and then update your machine in the exact same way. And if you wanted you could use pinball browser to manually input your scores into the stock stern code as well.
I don't mess with the scores myself. I just start over fresh each time I update code.

Junky

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 49.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

15,699 (OBO)
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imagamejunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-pro-custom-code-v113?tu=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.