IMG_5521 (resized).JPG
IMG_5520 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
dzqmpe6hvip21 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_20180106_120414966 (resized).jpg
6CFEE5E0-7788-4981-AA39-E67D4D1C54BE (resized).jpeg
20180103_003032 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mudflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Thanksgiving edit:

Version 1.17 uploaded (again):

Pro: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gp48ej1aj3mb8qc/Ghostbusters_pro-1_17_0_Mudflaps.spk?dl=0
Premium: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6svr424ormx7738/Ghostbusters_le-1_17_0_Mudflaps.spk?dl=0

- Volumes corrected to 175%
- Mystery song added to high score portion

Ghostbusters Pro & Premium custom code V1.17 with original songs and music from the film. Original soundtrack used during 'We Got One,' 'Spook Central,' 'Spooked Librarian,' video mode, and some others.

Free to download for your personal use only. Do not use for profit. If you download and enjoy, please consider an extra donation to pinside or your favorite charity.

Happy Thanksgiving!

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Nice Mudflaps, Thanks for your effort! Do you have a video of it in action?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Will this work for the premium or Le?

No, but I may do the Premium/LE in the future.

#12 6 years ago

Thanks for the nice comments. I’ve uploaded custom code for Mustang, Kiss, BDK, ACDC, etc without taking a cent, and without issue.

I didn’t want this to turn into a debate about code. If you’re concerned about warranty or anything else, I understand. Please keep this thread positive.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Just downloaded and will evaluate and port over to LE and Premium. Thanks Mudflaps, can’t wait to check it out.

Great, thanks Cleland! I had to look out for the poor Pro guys first.

#23 6 years ago

Also (and this is a first), it looks like Dropbox temporarily halted any more uploads... apparently, there was too much traffic!

There’s a daily bandwidth limit, so if you have trouble, try again tomorrow.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

OK, Premium and LE owners can download via the link below. The only thing I changed from Mudflaps song replacements are for the mode "We Got One" I put Bobby Browns "Take Control" there as I just like that for my own game. Also, if someone can make sure this update does stick. For Spike games I've actually been flashing the full ROM to a new SD card and keeping the original SD card safe.
Thanks Mudflaps, nice song adjustments!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/akh3laulnkvh0z7/ghostbusters_le-1_13_Mud.spk?dl=0

Nice! I updated the thread title.

#66 6 years ago

Stern has gone on record stating there is at least one more code update for GB.

Fear not, when that’s released, I’ll update the new version with the same music/songs (and maybe a few surprises).

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

is there a way to have both original and custom sounds play (ex - two songs are slotted for one mode and the game picks one randomly)? I love both soundtracks!

Not really. It’s one or the other, unless Cleland is aware of a graduate level setting.

I tried to find a good spot for ‘On Our Own’ on the Pro. I love the song and I think it fits, but I really like ‘Cleaning Up the Town’ during We Got One (same song used in GB 1 during that scene).

I tried to do Bobby Brown on the initials screen, but it’s this weird loop. I’ll revisit soon.

I had a hard time placing ‘Magic,’ but I think the video mode is perfect.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

installed the code last night, its cool. I find the sound levels are still a little low compared to the stern tracks. Spooked Librarian doesn't really get my blood pumping, same as Who brought the dog. The Bobby Brown song seems a little out of place for the mode its in, Spooked Central is cool. I think the whole set of tracks could be flushed out a little more over time, but this is a good proof of concept for what is possible for this game if someone wanted to spend some more time mastering the levels in the scores, and editing them so they loop more seamlessly. I will probably go back to my original code, but certainly interested to see if this gets developed out a little more.

Good feedback, and I definitely need to tweak the volume levels.

My Pro version didn’t have Bobby Brown. Other than that, the Spooked Librarian and Who Brought the Dog modes are meant to be more somber and moody.

Thanks for giving it a try. Stay tuned!

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ve never made it to stay puft mode or any other the final modes, what music is played during these?
Is cleaning up the town somewhere either in original code or this custom code?

‘Cleaning Up the Town’ plays during the custom code for We Got One.

The video shows everything that changed, plus I listed what changed in the GB thread.

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

The link to download the code in Post#1 is not working or disabled?
Any help would be appreciated.

The link is down again due to high traffic. Try again tonight.

#131 6 years ago

Original Pro code now re-uploaded to Dropbox (with Saving the Day, Cleaning Up the Town, Magic, etc). Link below should work.

A note on version control: I'm happy everyone is experimenting with music, volume, etc. If you upload your own version, please make the author or version clear. We're already seeing what happens when multiple folks upload their own code.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the code!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/msy6kcups9rnd6x/ghostbusters-1_13_original_Mudflaps_V1.spk?dl=0

#136 6 years ago

Anyone with the pro code having issues with the volume? I think the volume is fine. I didn’t compress the clip, but I did adjust the volume slightly to match.

#145 6 years ago

Yup, Dropbox Pro code is working. Get it while it’s hot!

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I’ll be installing and playing a bunch of games with the new soundtrack shortly: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

Awesome!

For the Pro owners, how is the volume? I never had any issues.

#166 6 years ago

No crazy loudness but the Spooked Librarian is a bit low. Pretty cool otherwise but I want some Bobby Brown in the mix so I’ll probably update again

I’d love suggestions on where to put Bobby Brown. Maybe Terror Dog hurry up? PKE Frenzy?

I like the song, but I don’t know where it fits.

I struggled with Magic, but I think the video mode fits it pretty well.

On the next iteration, I’ll adjust or change Who Brought the Dog and Spooked Librarian along with finding a home for Bobby.

#183 6 years ago

P.S. Let's get Bobby Brown in Storage Facility Mulitball!

I was actually looking at replacing Magic during Storage Facility Multiball. Honestly, in the context of the movie, that’s the song that played when the ghosts escaped from the Storage Facility.

Maybe On Our Own during We Came We Saw, or Mass Hysteria?

#194 6 years ago

Magic is in the video mode now, starts with the classic synth from the movie.

This weekend, I’ll look at the Storage Facility multiball music. When stacked with a mode, I believe the mode music takes precedence.

#201 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think mudflaps was doing the pro code.

I have a long weekend this week. No promises, but if I’m happy with the new Pro version, I’ll push to the Premium.

#215 6 years ago

Okay, V2 going live today. Here’s what I changed:

- Adjusted Magic during video mode to start with ‘Please’
- Changed ‘Who Brought the Dog’ back to default
- Increased volume of ‘Spooked Librarian’
- Added ‘On Our Own’ by Bobby Brown during We Came We Saw multiball

I’m pretty happy with everything now. Send some feedback, and I’ll upload a Premium version.

As I mentioned earlier, if you upload and enjoy the code, please consider a donation to Pinside or your favorite charity.

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I would throw in higher and higher for high score.

The problem with the high score music is that it’s a 15 second loop (unless I’m looking at the wrong label).

#226 6 years ago

Version 2 live. See the first post. Enjoy!

#231 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Great but ‘On our own’ only seems to play for a bit during multi ball. Need the best song longer and in more places. It’s really fits the theme perfectly.

We Came We Saw is about 2 minutes. There’s no spot in the game to get the entire song unless you want it playing all the time. Unfortunately, that’s one of the limitations of pinball browser.

It’s a good song, but not something I’d want to hear every game.

#237 6 years ago

I’ll do a Premium version of mine. That should make it roughly 7,000 versions of GB code.

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Assuming mudflaps wants to, the easiest thing to do is download my code, extract the high score edit that I made and inject into his code.

Good idea! I’ll give it a listen.

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

OK - weird. I updated to Ver 2 on my GB Pro- and now Slimer doesn't activate - in either game play or test. Anyone else have that issue?
I'm going to reload the original version of the updated sound package prior to the high volume librarian to see if that fixes the issue....it was working just prior to Ver 2.
I'll report back...

No issues here.

#245 6 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Ok - when I rolled it back it worked fine....now that I know for me it was the software- I'll try downloading again- and give it another try.
Who knows- anything could have gone wrong....

My Version 2 is for the Pro... I see you have a Premium. Is that the issue?

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Yup....100% then....makes sense too....did you update the premium

Snow day tomorrow... it’s on my list.

#253 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I uploaded delt31’s V3 version, and it’s pretty much perfection.

Rather than make yet another Premium version, I’ll defer any Premium changes or suggestions to Delt31 or Cleland.

I’ll be the ‘Pro’ dude, fighting for the poor guys.

#257 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

mudflaps
OK - why don't you put my version for the premium on your first post for premium people so it's clear where everything can be found. I believe ours are pretty similar now too based on your last updates. Here's the link if you want to update.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tTE0I1PVY7rKK_EsSaC4g_Ln0qfo68nx
Summary:
Premium Version
We got one = Clean'in up the town
Spook = Savin Time
Storage Facility MB = Bobby Brown On Our Own (my own mix with the best parts to fit in small spot)
Video Mode = Magic (fits so well in this) which begins on the "please please" spot.
High Score = Higher and Higher (edited to fit well and play the best part of the song - the part you remember from GB2 when their in the statue of liberty
Library mode and music before plunge= Instrumentals from GB movie soundtrack
....could be a few more. Happy with it for now.

Done

1 week later
#305 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I have the V2 Pro code on my GB. I appreciate and respect those that are working on changing the music, but I'm going to revert it back to Stern's code.
I feel like the music tracks subbed in don't have the same quality and fidelity as the Stern compositions. The lyrics in the "Spook Central" song just sound like mumbling to me, even with my Flipper Fidelity speaker setup. The Stern compositions sound more natural and seamless between tracks than the 80's songs. This isn't Mudflap's fault at all, and I hope he doesn't take it that way. It was fun to try it, at least.

Glad you gave it a try!

#309 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Our household is split on this issue. My wife and I are like the new music, but my 12 year old was playing and heard Bobby Brown and said "REALLY?!"
He had an idea, that I'm sure is not possible, to leave the original soundtrack and this new soundtrack and have them alternate for the modes to switch it up.

It’s not possible to have a ‘random’ mix of music, but it’s an important trait of family health to have an open and honest discussion about the cultural relevance of Bobby Brown.

2 weeks later
#317 6 years ago
Quoted from Sirphobos:

Maybe this is just personal preference, but Storage Facility should've been Magic and Video Mode should've been On Our Own.
Since Magic plays after the storage facility is shut off.
other than that, though, I've played mine hours more this weekend just trying to hear all the new music. This makes the game nearly perfect, to me.

You are more than welcome to make those changes and upload for the community.

1 week later
#328 6 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Umm, hmm, sorry , not sure i follow...how to get any of the bobby music to play then? Not hit another mode when you trigger it? Also what triggers it specifically? Thanks

We Came We Saw features Bobby Brown. Storage Facility does not have custom music. If you have a mode running during Storage Facility, it will play that music. If not, it plays the default music.

#331 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No you're right. My version (for premium only) has Bobby brown DURING storage facility. However, if any mode is running when you trigger mb it will not play as the mode music plays over it. If mode completed before MB Bobby goes on.
If storage facility mb is triggered during no modes Bobby will play.
I'm not good enough to leave Bobby to we came we saw haha. This way I can hear him.

Yeah, a few differences between the Pro and Premium. Thanks for clarifying.

1 year later
#344 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ve been running this for a while but what does the latest version have for storage facility mb and stay puft?
I finally got to stay puft and seemed to be default and the version I have has onnour own for storage facility. Game is a premium.

I did not do the Premium, but on the Pro, those two modes are running the default music.

On the Pro, ‘On Our Own’ runs during We Came We Saw. Stay Puft is default.

5 months later
#347 4 years ago

Hell yeah I’m going to update the sound package.

I’ll need a while to enjoy the code and explore what Dwight and company have done, but I’ll upload custom tunes as soon as I can.

1 week later
#360 4 years ago

Beta testing new tunes with V1.16 now. Stay tuned...

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
1 week later
#366 4 years ago

Good Lord Stern!

I’ll update this weekend. I’ll also increase the volume levels by about 20% based on feedback.

#368 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Good Lord Stern!
I’ll update this weekend. I’ll also increase the volume levels by about 20% based on feedback.

I waited on 1.17 based on the reports that it was difficult to load without a full update. Stern didn’t issue another update, so I’ll try to tackle 1.17 this week.

I’m sure 1.18 will drop as soon as I upload to Dropbox.

1 month later
#372 4 years ago

Updating V1.17 code now. Goal is to be finished before Thanksgiving break.

#373 4 years ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#377 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

Hey man! Thanks so much for doing these. Such a cool thing. FYI, I just added the update and for some reason, the music cues seem to play a lot quieter than they used to. Feels like 30% too low, in my opinion. Really noticed it on the We Got One, Spooked Librarian, Magic cues... Not sure what happened or if the other volumes got raised or something, but feels like all the great cues are barely audible now. Just my 2 cents but thanks again for all the effort. G

Weird. I actually bumped the volume up from last time. My Pro seems fine.

If anyone with a Premium has the same issue, please chime in.

#383 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Is there bobby brown on your own music in the mudflaps version?

No.

If I revisit the volumes, I may add it to the sequence after the match as the final song. There’s not a lot of good spots for it in the game.

#385 4 years ago

I’ll bump up the volume and re-upload. Weird, because my volume seems fine, but I’m also kind of deaf.

#388 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Is it ready to download yet?
Thanks for doing this.

Not yet. Will try to do before turkey day. Dad chores are calling...

#390 4 years ago

Here's the latest (and hopefully last) V1.17 update. Changes:

1. Volume levels increased 175%
2. Mystery song added to the high score portion

Enjoy and happy Thanksgiving!

Pro: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gp48ej1aj3mb8qc/Ghostbusters_pro-1_17_0_Mudflaps.spk?dl=0
Premium/LE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6svr424ormx7738/Ghostbusters_le-1_17_0_Mudflaps.spk?dl=0

#392 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Stock music for multiball?

Multiball music is about 60 seconds and defaults to mode music unless there’s no running mode. At least that was the last software version.

I tried to do something cool for multiball, but the software limitations meant there wouldn’t be any room for quality music.

#395 4 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Is Bobby brown in this version ?

#407 4 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

I haven't had an issue besides the "Who Brought the dog" gets cut off some times. It will only say "who brought".

Weird. I didn’t touch that song.

1 month later
#412 4 years ago

I haven’t received too many complaints, so hopefully the new code is working well for everyone.

By popular demand, I threw in Bobby Brown for the high score screen with the last update.

The only callout that still kind of bothers me is the Dana callout during the match sequence. What is she even saying? My thought is to replace it with what she said in the movie: “Oh shit.” Because that’s not family friendly, I haven’t changed it yet. Open to ideas though...

3 months later
#417 4 years ago
Quoted from mk47:

I noticed that all USB sticks I tried were USB 2 models. So I tried again with an USB 3 stick. But still no luck, the "invalid spk file" message remains.

I’d recommend re-downloading and trying another thumb drive. Stern games are notoriously finicky.

The file itself is fine, so there has to be something going on that is preventing the download.

8 months later
#426 3 years ago

Hey everyone,

I’ve had several pm’s over the past few weeks. I had to delete the code from DropBox based on storage issues.

If anyone has the latest custom code saved, please feel free to share. Same rules... no money, donate to kids, be nice to strangers, etc.

#438 3 years ago

I upped the volumes significantly with 1.17.

Jeez, when I deleted the file, I thought, “No one will notice it’s gone.”

I also thought I had a backup copy somewhere on my hard drive.

#448 3 years ago

Awesome, thanks everyone!

2 weeks later
#456 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

No lyrics.... boo! V. 1.17 is installed. Can I add modified code on top of already updated stern code?

Yes. Just update as normal.

9 months later
#465 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:I've spent the last few days tinkering with the mudflaps music mod for Ghostbusters Premium and LE.
In addition to the tunes replaced by mudflaps, I've replacing another 20 or so stock tracks with relevant movie soundtrack themes.
This mod won't be for everyone, but for those who prefer the movie themes, you now have slimer, gozer, zool, terror dogs and marshmallow man themes in the game linked to the relevant modes, among others. I've also replaced the soundtrack ghostbusters theme with a higher quality version, and swapped "Magic" from cross the streams mode to Storage Facility Multiball mode, as to me that's more in line with the movie.
There are still a couple of stock tracks in the game that I haven't figured out yet, in terms of which mode they relate to, so I may update the code again in future.
For now, here is the link for those who are interested: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pro9ZMmORz9rh9NVEQwT95iMJw8uqaEF/view?usp=sharing

Awesome, thanks for contributing!

Also, the link for my version is in this thread. I get a lot of pm’s asking me for the code. Just check the last few pages and you’ll find it.

1 month later
#481 2 years ago

Code is back on Dropbox. Remember, this is free, but please perform a good deed for humanity if you download.

Pro: https://www.dropbox.com/s/22fa3ye1m2ftux2/Ghostbusters_pro-1_17_0_Mudflaps.spk?dl=0

LE/Premium: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f6hj04smt7jp9xw/Ghostbusters_le-1_17_0_Mudflaps.spk?dl=0

6 months later
#487 1 year ago

I deleted the code from DropBox because it took up too much space, and others have shared links.

Please check a few pages back for the link.

#490 1 year ago

Glad to hear everyone is still enjoying the code. I don’t have the game anymore, so if Dwight manages another update, you’re on your own.

5 months later
#502 1 year ago

I’m glad everyone is still enjoying the code. Again, this is free to download, but please consider a Pinside donation or contribution to your favorite charity.

1 year later
#521 35 days ago

Man, I’m pleased to see people are still enjoying the code.

If there isn’t a public posting spot by this weekend, I’ll dig up the Dropbox link and drop it in the thread.

#526 34 days ago
Quoted from CPPinball29:

XatchieS 68Pontinut hawkmoon SDVmnt
Here is the 1.17 Premium code that was shared with me. Have not tested it yet.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MKo8TOWh9xnKoWRagizyKif2dJAb7197/view?usp=drive_link

Cool, problem solved! Enjoy everyone

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 103.00
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mudflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-pro-custom-code-v113?tu=Mudflaps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.