IMG_5521 (resized).JPG
IMG_5520 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
dzqmpe6hvip21 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_20180106_120414966 (resized).jpg
6CFEE5E0-7788-4981-AA39-E67D4D1C54BE (resized).jpeg
20180103_003032 (resized).jpg
There are 526 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.
#401 4 years ago

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I updated my code to 1.17, I have a premium. I think I clicked on the LE code when downloading, and the file has le in it. Looking at the readme file, it does seem that the LE/Premium go together, so did I still get and load the proper code? Just wanting to make sure. It says the LE code on the screen when I turn it on, and I don't remember if it said that or premium in the past.

#402 4 years ago
Quoted from callaway15:

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I updated my code to 1.17, I have a premium. I think I clicked on the LE code when downloading, and the file has le in it. Looking at the readme file, it does seem that the LE/Premium go together, so did I still get and load the proper code? Just wanting to make sure. It says the LE code on the screen when I turn it on, and I don't remember if it said that or premium in the past.

Yep you’re good.

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yep you’re good.

Thanks!

#404 4 years ago

Pro people - volume issues all straightened out?

#405 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Pro people - volume issues all straightened out?

I haven't had an issue besides the "Who Brought the dog" gets cut off some times. It will only say "who brought".

#406 4 years ago

Great, thanks!

#407 4 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

I haven't had an issue besides the "Who Brought the dog" gets cut off some times. It will only say "who brought".

Weird. I didn’t touch that song.

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Weird. I didn’t touch that song.

Not the song for Who brought the Dog, just anoucing the mode. It has done it to me twice, as it has a lot of other call outs for that mode.

#409 4 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Not the song for Who brought the Dog, just anoucing the mode. It has done it to me twice, as it has a lot of other call outs for that mode.

mine plays all the way through

#410 4 years ago

I tried to do the update, it shows completed but I notice nothing different about it. the update seemed way to fast to actually update anything. any tips?

1 month later
#411 4 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Hitting both flippers before the callout finishes stops the callout in its tracks and game play continues. Maybe your hitting the flippers half way through the call out ?

#412 4 years ago

I haven’t received too many complaints, so hopefully the new code is working well for everyone.

By popular demand, I threw in Bobby Brown for the high score screen with the last update.

The only callout that still kind of bothers me is the Dana callout during the match sequence. What is she even saying? My thought is to replace it with what she said in the movie: “Oh shit.” Because that’s not family friendly, I haven’t changed it yet. Open to ideas though...

#413 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Open to ideas though...

"That's just the bedroom, but nothing ever happened in there"

#414 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

"That's just the bedroom, but nothing ever happened in there"

That's a good one!

3 months later
#415 4 years ago

Hi,

i tried to install this 1.17 version on my GB Pro. But without success.
My GB Pro already runs the original 1.17 provided by Stern.

If I start the update process using Mudflaps' version it picks it up and is finished after a few seconds. But obviously nothing changed.
If I use +/- to force a full update, the process immediately stops with an "invalid spk file" message.
I already downloaded the file multiple times and tried different USB sticks. Any ideas?

#416 4 years ago

I noticed that all USB sticks I tried were USB 2 models. So I tried again with an USB 3 stick. But still no luck, the "invalid spk file" message remains.

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from mk47:

I noticed that all USB sticks I tried were USB 2 models. So I tried again with an USB 3 stick. But still no luck, the "invalid spk file" message remains.

I’d recommend re-downloading and trying another thumb drive. Stern games are notoriously finicky.

The file itself is fine, so there has to be something going on that is preventing the download.

#418 4 years ago

Yea , I just downloaded it a few days ago , worked great ! Really like the music choice and the high score music .

#419 4 years ago

The "invalid spk file" is shown if the file gets copied on an USB stick on macOS. This will create a second file prefixed with "._". This is the invalid file. Some people already mentioned "a file with dots at the beginning" here in the forum. So this was misleading.

So I switched to Windows. I tried 5 different USB sticks, quick formatted, formatted, ... no success. It always behaves the same. The update starts, no progressbar, after a few seconds it is done.

I tried to do the same with the original game code downloaded from Stern. The same behaviour. Therefore I don't think that the file is corrupted.

Could it be that you can't flash from 1.17.0 to 1.17.0? Do I have to downgrade first? If yes, where do I get an older game code?

#420 4 years ago

It finally worked using the cheapest no-name USB-3 128GB stick. Unbelivable that the other (better) sticks didn't.

#421 4 years ago

So far I like the new sounds. But their volume is way to low compared to the original sound track. Therefore I had to set the "Music Attenuation" to "-16" in order to boost the volume.

5 months later
#422 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Here's the latest (and hopefully last) V1.17 update. Changes:
1. Volume levels increased 175%
2. Mystery song added to the high score portion
Enjoy and happy Thanksgiving!
Pro: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gp48ej1aj3mb8qc/Ghostbusters_pro-1_17_0_Mudflaps.spk?dl=0
Premium/LE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6svr424ormx7738/Ghostbusters_le-1_17_0_Mudflaps.spk?dl=0

Hi, does anyone have a link to the Pro Version, i dont think this file exists anymore. Many thanks

1 month later
#423 3 years ago

Installed this yesterday on my Premium now I can’t get “Savin’ the Day” out of my head

Anyone else get a split second of noise right before your next ball? Sounds like a burst of song for half a second right after the bonus and the new ball pops out.

1 week later
#424 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Installed this yesterday on my Premium now I can’t get “Savin’ the Day” out of my head
Anyone else get a split second of noise right before your next ball? Sounds like a burst of song for half a second right after the bonus and the new ball pops out.

Can anyone recap what changes this current custom code will make to the most recent Stern code I have installed?

Sounds like Savin The Day to replace the stock version which would be great. Thing I'm struggling with a bit is that I really don't like the Bobby Brown song much and would prefer just the stock music where that would go. Is there a way to get the custom code without Bobby Brown (no offense to those that like it, just not my favorite. Thanks!

1 month later
#425 3 years ago

Can anyone link me the Pro 1.17? The old link appears dead. Thank you!

#426 3 years ago

Hey everyone,

I’ve had several pm’s over the past few weeks. I had to delete the code from DropBox based on storage issues.

If anyone has the latest custom code saved, please feel free to share. Same rules... no money, donate to kids, be nice to strangers, etc.

#427 3 years ago

Someone please share with me too.

#428 3 years ago

If anyone is able to share latest Pro code, I’d be forever grateful. If it counts for my donation, I did just spend $800 on project pinball tix LOL. Thanks!

#429 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Someone please share with me too.

Me three?

#430 3 years ago

I just found a user that is going to share the code. I'll host a dropbox link once I receive it.

#431 3 years ago

If I can get it from someone, I’ll set it up for others to DL.

#432 3 years ago

Awesome!! Thanks!

Quoted from Deez:I just found a user that is going to share the code. I'll host a dropbox link once I receive it.

#433 3 years ago

All I could get so far was the 1.16 version for the pro but I have the 1.17 for the Premium / LE.

If someone has the pro 1.17 version I can send a dropbox file request and will host it also.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i5irkj6hko8gvpy/Ghostbusters_PRO-1_16_0_Mudflaps.spk?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iuptrjm4oigcupj/Ghostbusters_le-1_17_0_Mudflaps.spk?dl=0

#434 3 years ago

Hey, I'll take what I can get! Thank you! If someone has 1.17 Pro Please Share. Please and Thank you.

Quoted from Deez:

All I could get so far was the 1.16 version for the pro but I have the 1.17 for the Premium / LE.
If someone has the pro 1.17 version I can send a dropbox file request and will host it also.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i5irkj6hko8gvpy/Ghostbusters_PRO-1_16_0_Mudflaps.spk?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iuptrjm4oigcupj/Ghostbusters_le-1_17_0_Mudflaps.spk?dl=0

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Thanks!

#436 3 years ago

are you sure not web browser? just tried on stern website and it works

#437 3 years ago

So I tried the 1.16 version in my pro and the music volumes are really low. Just a heads up. I'll continue to host it till I find the 1.17 version.

#438 3 years ago

I upped the volumes significantly with 1.17.

Jeez, when I deleted the file, I thought, “No one will notice it’s gone.”

I also thought I had a backup copy somewhere on my hard drive.

#439 3 years ago

They are pretty low. I’m sure there is someone that can provide 1.17.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

I upped the volumes significantly with 1.17.
Jeez, when I deleted the file, I thought, “No one will notice it’s gone.”
I also thought I had a backup copy somewhere on my hard drive.

#440 3 years ago

Anyone willing to share 1.17?

#441 3 years ago

im pretty sure i have 1.17 for LE

#442 3 years ago

I downloaded something in September. The file name is pomc_Ghostbusters.spk I never tried it. It would be the pro version. Is this possibly what you guys are looking for?

#443 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I downloaded something in September. The file name is pomc_Ghostbusters.spk I never tried it. It would be the pro version. Is this possibly what you guys are looking for?

I'm not sure if that is the code or not. The 1.16 version had mudflaps in the name. I can send you a Dropbox link and you can upload it and I will try it and host it. Can you check your game and see the version it boots to?

#444 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I'm not sure if that is the code or not. The 1.16 version had mudflaps in the name. I can send you a Dropbox link and you can upload it and I will try it and host it. Can you check your game and see the version it boots to?

I never installed it. I probably won't have a chance to until the weekend.

#445 3 years ago

Just wondering if it is possible to change how you get into God Mode? Is it possible to change that so like other newer Sterns it can be selectable by flipper combination instead of having to go into the coin door to change.

#446 3 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Just wondering if it is possible to change how you get into God Mode? Is it possible to change that so like other newer Sterns it can be selectable by flipper combination instead of having to go into the coin door to change.

+1

#447 3 years ago

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvm0jrwev3jc6sb/Ghostbusters_pro-1_17_0_Mudflaps.spk?dl=0

Shout out to pinsider @dimthedaylights. He provided the version 1.17 code.

Enjoy everyone.

#448 3 years ago

Awesome, thanks everyone!

#449 3 years ago

THANK YOU everyone!!!

Quoted from Deez:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvm0jrwev3jc6sb/Ghostbusters_pro-1_17_0_Mudflaps.spk?dl=0
Shout out to pinsider dimthedaylights. He provided the version 1.17 code.
Enjoy everyone.

#450 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Shout out to pinsider dimthedaylights. He provided the version 1.17 code.
Enjoy everyone.

I can check but does anyone know if high scores and settings on GB can be saved on a memory drive before updating or trying this code? I’d really like to try it out but don’t want to lose everything in the process. I know with my Spike 2 Jurassic Park you can save settings.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 103.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 526 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-pro-custom-code-v113/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.