IMG_5521 (resized).JPG
IMG_5520 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
dzqmpe6hvip21 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_20180106_120414966 (resized).jpg
6CFEE5E0-7788-4981-AA39-E67D4D1C54BE (resized).jpeg
20180103_003032 (resized).jpg
There are 526 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.
#252 6 years ago

I uploaded delt31’s V3 version, and it’s pretty much perfection.

#253 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Rather than make yet another Premium version, I’ll defer any Premium changes or suggestions to Delt31 or Cleland.

I’ll be the ‘Pro’ dude, fighting for the poor guys.

#254 6 years ago

Sorry but where can i find the link for V3 Premium?

#255 6 years ago
Quoted from Alby:

Sorry but when can i find the link for V3 Premium?

Post #233

#256 6 years ago

Mudflaps

OK - why don't you put my version for the premium on your first post for premium people so it's clear where everything can be found. I believe ours are pretty similar now too based on your last updates. Here's the link if you want to update.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tTE0I1PVY7rKK_EsSaC4g_Ln0qfo68nx

Summary:

Premium Version
We got one = Clean'in up the town
Spook = Savin Time
Storage Facility MB = Bobby Brown On Our Own (my own mix with the best parts to fit in small spot)
Video Mode = Magic (fits so well in this) which begins on the "please please" spot.
High Score = Higher and Higher (edited to fit well and play the best part of the song - the part you remember from GB2 when their in the statue of liberty
Library mode and music before plunge= Instrumentals from GB movie soundtrack

....could be a few more. Happy with it for now.

#257 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

mudflaps
OK - why don't you put my version for the premium on your first post for premium people so it's clear where everything can be found. I believe ours are pretty similar now too based on your last updates. Here's the link if you want to update.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tTE0I1PVY7rKK_EsSaC4g_Ln0qfo68nx
Summary:
Premium Version
We got one = Clean'in up the town
Spook = Savin Time
Storage Facility MB = Bobby Brown On Our Own (my own mix with the best parts to fit in small spot)
Video Mode = Magic (fits so well in this) which begins on the "please please" spot.
High Score = Higher and Higher (edited to fit well and play the best part of the song - the part you remember from GB2 when their in the statue of liberty
Library mode and music before plunge= Instrumentals from GB movie soundtrack
....could be a few more. Happy with it for now.

Done

#258 6 years ago

Thanks for link info.

#259 6 years ago

Well done guys- thank you so much! The mix is great.

#260 6 years ago

Thanks guys! I’ve been playing my Ghostbusters everyday since the updates. Nice job!

#261 6 years ago

Is the premium code on first page now the latest one with volume adjusted?

I had BB playing during multiball last night and with everything going in the game could barely hear it.

#262 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is the premium code on first page now the latest one with volume adjusted?

Looks like it’s linked to the v3 file, so yep!

#263 6 years ago

Looks like it’s linked to the v3 file, so yep!

Did you notice any volume issue for that one song? Everything else sounded perfect from what I could tell.

#264 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Did you notice any volume issue for that one song? Everything else sounded perfect from what I could tell.

The latest version of mine (premium) has MB Bobby brown extra loud to address that issue. Should be good to go. Played with it last night and Bobby was killing it over all the loud noise. I actually find myself trying to get to storage facility mb without any modes running so the don't isn't taken over.

#265 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The latest version of mine (premium) has MB Bobby brown extra loud to address that issue. Should be good to go. Played with it last night and Bobby was killing it over all the loud noise. I actually find myself trying to get to storage facility mb without any modes running so the don't isn't taken over.

I'll give it a try again. Do you have your speech or music attenuation adjusted in settings at all?

Need to get rid of the cat image and replace with vigo like another pinsider did a while back!

#266 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Is there more than one multi-ball mode? I don't hear it at all and I'm using v3. Strange cause i heard it using the previous version , it was just not loud enough as reported.

#267 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I'll give it a try again. Do you have your speech or music attenuation adjusted in settings at all?
Need to get rid of the cat image and replace with vigo like another pinsider did a while back!

No I don't. Just an FYI, bobby on the new version (v3) is 200% volume adjusted!

As for the cat - totally agree. do you have the images used?

#268 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Is there more than one multi-ball mode? I don't hear it at all and I'm using v3. Strange cause i heard it using the previous version , it was just not loud enough as reported.

It plays on storage MB only for now and the music will only play assuming you DON"T have a mode running. Unfort in GB, the modes music will play instead of the dedicated MB music if a mode is in use.

#269 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don't have a photo but I believe you can save an image in a pinball browser supported format and then replace with browser.

#270 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I don't have a photo but I believe you can save an image in a pinball browser supported format and then replace with browser.

I've reached out to the pinsider to see if I can get them and then inject into my mix.

#271 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've reached out to the pinsider to see if I can get them and then inject into my mix.

He gave them to me at one point when the machine first came out and I had mine on order. I cancelled early on and must have deleted the file.

Hopefully he has them yet to give you, would be pretty cool.

#272 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It plays on storage MB only for now and the music will only play assuming you DON"T have a mode running. Unfort in GB, the modes music will play instead of the dedicated MB music if a mode is in use.

Ok, now i understand whats going on, thanks for the info.

#273 6 years ago

Wow, what a great update! Thank you, guys! Can't believe how much better it makes the game.

#274 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I’m officially a moron!

I had V2 installed,lol.

#275 6 years ago

I’m new to this whole updating thing so I have just one question. Is the file we download to a SD card for the entire code and music? Would I just remove the existing card and save it and install the new card with the changes? If I wanted original back just swap back cards?

#276 6 years ago

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have successfully updated games with stern code using my 4 g memory stick, but i can't get this to work. I reformatted in fat32, empty stick. downloaded v3 of this code, saved it onto the stick. inserted stick while game is off, start up game, and it just goes to play mode, never initiating an update

#277 6 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I’m new to this whole updating thing so I have just one question. Is the file we download to a SD card for the entire code and music? Would I just remove the existing card and save it and install the new card with the changes? If I wanted original back just swap back cards?

I recommend leaving your sd card in place. Much easier. Install the new code on a usb stick. Make sure you’re installing on the root of a formatted drive. Make sure it’s the correct version (pro or Prem/le). Plug it in the backbox with the pin OFF. Power on the pin and follow instructions on the dmd.
If you wanted to revert back to stock you would do the exact same thing with the code you can download from stern.
Junky

#278 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have successfully updated games with stern code using my 4 g memory stick, but i can't get this to work. I reformatted in fat32, empty stick. downloaded v3 of this code, saved it onto the stick. inserted stick while game is off, start up game, and it just goes to play mode, never initiating an update

My guess is that it’s either the wrong code (pro vs Prem) or you are having a problem with that one usb stick. I had the exact same issue with TWD. It turned out to be the stick brand. Switching sticks fixed it believe it or not.
Junky

#279 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

My guess is that it’s either the wrong code (pro vs Prem) or you are having a problem with that one usb stick. I had the exact same issue with TWD. It turned out to be the stick brand. Switching sticks fixed it believe it or not.
Junky

I tried two different sticks, and I'm using v3 for premium in my LE. Ugh.

#280 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I tried two different sticks, and I'm using v3 for premium in my LE. Ugh.

verify the size and location of the file on your usb stick. Should be root

#281 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

verify the size and location of the file on your usb stick. Should be root

Please forgive my ignorance here..... I have never had this issue. I see the file on the stick as the only file. How do I know it’s in the “root”directory? It says it’s 378 mb

#282 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Please forgive my ignorance here..... I have never had this issue. I see the file on the stick as the only file. How do I know it’s in the “root”directory? It says it’s 378 mb

Are you sure it is fat32 and not exFat? Usually this happens when the USB is not formatted correctly. Did you try both USB ports?

#283 6 years ago

Just uploaded to my premium- love it! Great job guys!

#284 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm not at my computer right now to check. However I remember that the premium update file was closer to 900 megabytes so 300 seems way too small

#285 6 years ago

Root just means it's not in any folders structure.

#286 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I'm not at my computer right now to check. However I remember that the premium update file was closer to 900 megabytes so 300 seems way too small

thanks, guys.not sure what i did differently, but i started over, and the file was over 900mb. game is doing the update as i type thanks for your help and patience.

*** i wasn't sure what to expect with this. i think i kinda thought it was going to sound "hacked" with abrupt beginning/endings to sound clips. well, it is awesome. i really like the change to the cool instrumental tracks, and the mode songs jazz it up. i was happy with the stock set up, but man is this cool. Keeping it. thank you guys so much for taking the time to do this and share it.

#287 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

thanks, guys.not sure what i did differently, but i started over, and the file was over 900mb. game is doing the update as i type thanks for your help and patience.
*** i wasn't sure what to expect with this. i think i kinda thought it was going to sound "hacked" with abrupt beginning/endings to sound clips. well, it is awesome. i really like the change to the cool instrumental tracks, and the mode songs jazz it up. i was happy with the stock set up, but man is this cool. Keeping it. thank you guys so much for taking the time to do this and share it.

Glad to hear. Just read your message and 300 is way small should be much larger that was the issue. Enjoy!

#288 6 years ago

I would recommend caution before installing any alternate versions of code. At the least make sure you have created a backup image of the sdcard (and perhaps installed that image on an alternate sdcard so you can swap it back out in case of catastrophic failure)

Here is how I made a backup for my ubuntu linux operating system:

# Take the SD card out of ghostbusters to back it up.
# First check out your current mounts
jason@kitchen-desktop:/dev$ df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev 3.8G 0 3.8G 0% /dev
tmpfs 768M 18M 751M 3% /run
/dev/sda2 222G 18G 193G 9% /
tmpfs 3.8G 50M 3.8G 2% /dev/shm
tmpfs 5.0M 4.0K 5.0M 1% /run/lock
tmpfs 3.8G 0 3.8G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/sda1 511M 3.4M 508M 1% /boot/efi
cgmfs 100K 0 100K 0% /run/cgmanager/fs
192.168.1.2:/volume1/share 2.7T 422G 2.3T 16% /mnt/synology
192.168.1.2:/volume1/homes 2.7T 422G 2.3T 16% /home
tmpfs 768M 192K 768M 1% /run/user/1000001

# Now insert the SDCARD to see what changed
jason@kitchen-desktop:/dev$ df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev 3.8G 0 3.8G 0% /dev
tmpfs 768M 18M 751M 3% /run
/dev/sda2 222G 18G 193G 9% /
tmpfs 3.8G 50M 3.8G 2% /dev/shm
tmpfs 5.0M 4.0K 5.0M 1% /run/lock
tmpfs 3.8G 0 3.8G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/sda1 511M 3.4M 508M 1% /boot/efi
cgmfs 100K 0 100K 0% /run/cgmanager/fs
192.168.1.2:/volume1/share 2.7T 422G 2.3T 16% /mnt/synology
192.168.1.2:/volume1/homes 2.7T 422G 2.3T 16% /home
tmpfs 768M 196K 768M 1% /run/user/1000001
/dev/sdd6 2.9G 981M 1.8G 35% /media/jason/6a0287d6-8c55-4605-8566-a051032a18ff
/dev/sdd1 3.4M 32K 3.4M 1% /media/jason/D115-2EE6
/dev/sdd3 114M 39M 69M 36% /media/jason/44b9d3bd-d42f-482c-84ab-461e18350e90
/dev/sdd5 58M 1.4M 54M 3% /media/jason/161ff970-dfab-4e99-9f81-75c647c08e33
/dev/sdd7 54M 1.3M 50M 3% /media/jason/5153f443-9ca1-400b-8a2c-e5b772da4573

# Backup the volumes to an image file
jason@kitchen-desktop:/dev$ sudo dd if=/dev/sdd of=/tmp/ghostbusters_le.img

# Unmount the input volumes
sudo umount /dev/sdd6
sudo umount /dev/sdd1
sudo umount /dev/sdd3
sudo umount /dev/sdd5
sudo umount /dev/sdd7

# Eject the SDCARD and insert a different SDCARD to write the image to the card (make sure the card doesn't contain those baby pictures of your children because all the data is going buh-bye)
sudo dd if=/tmp/ghostbusters_le.img of=/dev/sdd

# Make sure it is done writing
sudo sync

# Eject the new card and put in your game and see if it works.

#289 6 years ago

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to do this and sharing it with others. It really makes the game come alive, I am loving it!

#290 6 years ago

Just so I understand how this works before I proceed:

Can I take out the official SD card that is in there right now that has the official 1.13 code on it, put in another SD card and then install the custom code? That way I can just swap out SD cards if I want to go between official and custom? Or does something else get written elsewhere other then the SD card which would prevent me from doing this?

And I guess the 2nd part of this question is, if the above can be done, does that mean that all current settings and current high scores will be saved on the original SD card and once I swap it back after trying the custom code, all my settings and high scores will remain as before? Or is all this information written elsewhere?

#291 6 years ago
Quoted from Gunnder:

Just so I understand how this works before I proceed:

There are two codes one for Pro, one for Premium/LE
Pick one and click on link to download to your computer
Forget about altering SD card(keep it in CPU slot and do not remove)-use USB stick and make sure it is clear and has no other files on it
File is already unzipped, just download onto USB and stick in machine USB port while game is off
Turn on game and it will prompt for code update...proceed
Once complete, turn off game and remove USB stick
Reboot and Voila-awesome new orchestrated edition of version 1.13

#292 6 years ago

No I understand all this; I think you missed the point of my post

I'd like to go back and forth between the codes if I need too, so this information is important to me before I proceed. I'd rather keep the original SD card and just use a new one for the new custom code. But also wonder about settings and high scores etc.

Quoted from pinmister:

There are two codes one for Pro, one for Premium/LE
Pick one and click on link to download to your computer
Forget about SD card-use USB stick and make sure it is clear and has no other files on it
File is already unzipped, just download onto USB and stick in machine USB port while game is off
Turn on game and it will prompt for code update...proceed
Once complete, turn off game and remove USB stick
Reboot and Voila-awesome new orchestrated edition of version 1.13

#293 6 years ago
Quoted from Gunnder:

I'd like to go back and forth between the codes if I need too, so this information is important to me before I proceed.

Sorry did not read all of the post before reply...
Still would not mess with SD card, they are more expensive than a USB stick anyway. Unless you want to change from different versions on the spot it would just be a waste imo. Separate SD cards will have their own high scores, etc.

I know when I switched cards on my SW that it resets settings every time it is switched, but they were different versions of code as well.

#294 6 years ago

Actually was able to answer my own question with some experimenting and reading. In essence, NO you cannot do the the way I described because the update files are just additions to the whole code. The actual size of the whole code is somewhere around 2.xxGB while the update is only 9xxMB. So first your have to clone the SD card using HDD Raw Copy Tool. I'm in the process of cloning the original v1.13 sd card onto a new sd card and then I will "update" the cloned sd card with the new custom code after I verify that the cloned sd card works with the original v1.13 code. This way I don't mess with the original sd card and I can mess around with custom code on a backed up sd card version.

Quoted from pinmister:

Sorry did not read all of the post before reply...
Still would not mess with SD card, they are more expensive than a USB stick anyway. Unless you want to change from different versions on the spot it would just be a waste imo. Separate SD cards will have their own high scores, etc.
I know when I switched cards on my SW that it resets settings every time it is switched, but they were different versions of code as well.

#295 6 years ago

Ahhh I noticed that when downloading and was wondering if I was missing another file. That makes sense now, I am still curious about high scores being saved if both cards are 2.XXGB and same version code but just altered audio files?

#296 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am still curious about high scores being saved if both cards are 2.XXGB and same version code but just altered audio files?

I can help with answering this question. If you cloned the current SD card with all your current high scores and dumped that on a new SD card and then applied the audio code update, it will wipe your scores because it’s being treated as a code update even though in reality it’s only the audio. Hope that makes sense.

#297 6 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

treated as a code update

that's what I thought

Still wondering, after switching code to new version on card, yes it will change high scores but after new scores have been placed on new card and you go back to old version card, will the game prompt as game code update and reset or will it recognize high score settings still. It seems like every time you put in other variations it will be treated as a code update and not save settings or scores.

#298 6 years ago

So does that mean that Stern on purpose overwrites the high scores and settings with each code update correct?

Quoted from Nightmare:

I can help with answering this question. If you cloned the current SD card with all your current high scores and dumped that on a new SD card and then applied the audio code update, it will wipe your scores because it’s being treated as a code update even though in reality it’s only the audio. Hope that makes sense.

#299 6 years ago

New code makes your score obsolete. To be fair Obviously not the music update but when the new official code is released. It should be pretty comprehensive I would think

#300 6 years ago

I'm gonna complicate this a little...
Something you could do.
Download/install pinball browser (it's free and easy).
Load the new custom code sdk of your preference from this thread into pinball browser. Manually input your existing high scores into pinball browser (as the new defaults). Save! Load this new saved code sdk onto an empty usb stick. Update your machine as normal. You will now have the new custom audio mix AND your old high scores.
Furthermore, there's no reason to remove your old SD card and save a copy of it. If you want to revert back to stock you can download it direct from stern and then update your machine in the exact same way. And if you wanted you could use pinball browser to manually input your scores into the stock stern code as well.
I don't mess with the scores myself. I just start over fresh each time I update code.

Junky

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 526 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-pro-custom-code-v113/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.