IMG_5521 (resized).JPG
IMG_5520 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
dzqmpe6hvip21 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_20180106_120414966 (resized).jpg
6CFEE5E0-7788-4981-AA39-E67D4D1C54BE (resized).jpeg
20180103_003032 (resized).jpg
There are 526 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.
#151 6 years ago

Sorry Jerry Thompson at Stern, he did the original sound, which is superb in my view and this is a step backwards. Really nice guy also.

#152 6 years ago

I love the original music in the game as well. I’m going to give the custom soundtrack a try for a while to freshen things up until the next Stern update hits though.

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I love the original music in the game as well. I’m going to give the custom soundtrack a try for a while to freshen things up until the next Stern update hits though.

I feel the same way - original is great, this is to mix it up. I would go back and fourth (as I'm getting back in the club soon).

#154 6 years ago

can you update the thread with a new link when you get the premium version volume issues adjusted on the most recent cut. It about blew me out of the room with who brought the dog. other than that its amazing.

#155 6 years ago

I agree, besides the volume levels it's perfect!

#156 6 years ago

Downloaded the version Marcdaddy uploaded in post #128 for the LE/Premium.

Most of the stuff is fine. Really like the We got one music.
However none of us liked the Who brought the Dog music at all.
It was screaming loud and sounded like it was from an old AM radio.
Had to put our volume level all the way down to 2 for just that one song.
Other then that one song everything was nice.
Really can't wait till Stern gives us some better code and game rules though.

#157 6 years ago

+1 for needing the who brought the dog audio fixed in marcdaddy's version.

Does cleland's have the same problem?

#158 6 years ago

Here are some modified premium/le 1.13 code versions for you guys.

The first one is cleland/mudflap's version from the first page of this thread. I made adjustments to the audio levels in the "ok who brought the dog" and "spooked librarian" modes. Nothing else is changed.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vRrGtGB-44hgGJIASzbi_tKAh3ok--Gy?usp=sharing

The second one is the same as above except I changed the "ball(s) in play-no mode" music from the normal ghostbusters theme songs to Bruno Mars-24k magic. I also turned the regular slimer audio into a creepy, EVIL DEAD slimer. I did this version just for fun and I'm sure it's not for everyone.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VyAs-FQcQYY67_63J_511_G75JEVE2YP?usp=sharing

I'm not selling these or asking for anything from anyone.

My recommendations are to adjust speech attenuation to 10 (quieter) and music attenuation to -10 (louder). I also like the treble at 80 and the bass at 100+.
Also, the default volume level on GB is WAY too loud. Do your speakers a favor and turn that down. I'm setting that no higher than 15 usually.

Enjoy!

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

The first one is cleland/mudflap's version from the first page of this thread. I made adjustments to the audio levels in the "ok who brought the dog" and "spooked librarian" modes. Nothing else is changed.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vRrGtGB-44hgGJIASzbi_tKAh3ok--Gy?usp=sharing

Got it.
Thanks.

#160 6 years ago

would love to see some videos with this audio in action! Should be back in the club on Friday!

#161 6 years ago

I’ll be installing and playing a bunch of games with the new soundtrack shortly: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#162 6 years ago

I’ll be installing and playing a bunch of games with the new soundtrack shortly: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

nice! I'll check it out.

btw - I know you love the pro but after owning the premium then going to the pro and trying to convince myself the pro was enough, I can't believe how different the two feel (prem to me is so worth it). Have you tried playing the premium? Not to say I'm right but as someone who loves the pro so much, I'm curious how you feel.

#163 6 years ago

Awesome!

For the Pro owners, how is the volume? I never had any issues.

#164 6 years ago

The second one is the same as above except I changed the "ball(s) in play-no mode" music from the normal ghostbusters theme songs to Bruno Mars-24k magic. I also turned the regular slimer audio into a creepy, EVIL DEAD slimer. I did this version just for fun and I'm sure it's not for everyone.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VyAs-FQcQYY67_63J_511_G75JEVE2YP?usp=sharing
My recommendations are to adjust speech attenuation to 10 (quieter) and music attenuation to -10 (louder). I also like the treble at 80 and the bass at 100+.
Also, the default volume level on GB is WAY too loud. Do your speakers a favor and turn that down. I'm setting that no higher than 15 usually.
Enjoy!

Thanks for the effort, this is so much better in re to sound levels - I can now appreciate what Mudflaps did!- great job- and thank you.

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Awesome!
For the Pro owners, how is the volume? I never had any issues.

No crazy loudness but the Spooked Librarian is a bit low. Pretty cool otherwise but I want some Bobby Brown in the mix so I’ll probably update again

#166 6 years ago

No crazy loudness but the Spooked Librarian is a bit low. Pretty cool otherwise but I want some Bobby Brown in the mix so I’ll probably update again

I’d love suggestions on where to put Bobby Brown. Maybe Terror Dog hurry up? PKE Frenzy?

I like the song, but I don’t know where it fits.

I struggled with Magic, but I think the video mode fits it pretty well.

On the next iteration, I’ll adjust or change Who Brought the Dog and Spooked Librarian along with finding a home for Bobby.

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’d love suggestions on where to put Bobby Brown. Maybe Terror Dog hurry up? PKE Frenzy?
I like the song, but I don’t know where it fits.
I struggled with Magic, but I think the video mode fits it pretty well.
On the next iteration, I’ll adjust or change Who Brought the Dog and Spooked Librarian along with finding a home for Bobby.

just curious - what about BB in the video mode? I had someone else's code before on my prem and they put BB in the PKE frenzy I believe. I think video could be good - especially b/c those modes are so forgettable but with Bobby? Never again.

#168 6 years ago

BB should be in the regular multiball, that way it would play often where you can actually enjoy it.

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

BB should be in the regular multiball, that way it would play often where you can actually enjoy it.

that song is so good I just youtubed it. Never gets old.

#170 6 years ago

I just youtubed just now also, it should be played during the regular multiball and start 24 seconds Into the song. Multiball would rock especially if you have a sub hooked up to your machine. Other than multiball the only other place would be at the game over music.

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

This is the correct answer. It needs to be during the multiball. “Cleaning Up the Town” should play during “We Got One.”

#172 6 years ago

Enjoy!

Got it installed earlier.
Volume levels are much better on Who Brought the Dog mode. Thanks.

#173 6 years ago

Got it installed ! Super awesome. Haven't got very far today, but so far so good. All 3 ladders during the first modes, can't stop smiling. Agree storage multiball should be BB. Easy to install. Thanks for doing this !

#174 6 years ago

I still haven’t started the video mode since uploading the new code. Please tell me it’s got the “Please. Please. Pleeeeeeeeeease!” part.

#175 6 years ago

Video mode didn't change in mine

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

nice! I'll check it out.
btw - I know you love the pro but after owning the premium then going to the pro and trying to convince myself the pro was enough, I can't believe how different the two feel (prem to me is so worth it). Have you tried playing the premium? Not to say I'm right but as someone who loves the pro so much, I'm curious how you feel.

I have played the premium. The toys are awesome, and quite impressive, but it makes an already difficult game even harder in a number of ways:

1. The physical ball lock holds the ball, and when the new ball is launched, it's in danger of a SDTM drain out of the pops. On the pro, you get a safe kick from the saucer to left flipper, bounced over to the right flipper where you can make a controlled shot.
2. Slimer flying all over makes starting a mode and completing modes where you need to hit him, even harder.
3. The magna slings can unfairly throw the ball SDTM.

You can remedy a lot of the game's flaws with mods and adjustments (airball protector on the left ramp, higher inlane guides to prevent hops, kickout strength, etc.), but the premium introduces a whole different set of issues that, from a gameplay perspective, make the game worse in my opinion.

So as much as I love the extras like the ramp that goes under the playfield and the hologram with ghosts, I'd never choose to own a prem/le over the pro.

P.S. Let's get Bobby Brown in Storage Facility Mulitball!

#177 6 years ago

I have played the premium. The toys are awesome, and quite impressive, but it makes an already difficult game even harder in a number of ways:
1. The physical ball lock holds the ball, and when the new ball is launched, it's in danger of a SDTM drain out of the pops. On the pro, you get a safe kick from the saucer to left flipper, bounced over to the right flipper where you can make a controlled shot.
2. Slimer flying all over makes starting a mode and completing modes where you need to hit him, even harder.
3. The magna slings can unfairly throw the ball SDTM.
You can remedy a lot of the game's flaws with mods and adjustments (airball protector on the left ramp, higher inlane guides to prevent hops, kickout strength, etc.), but the premium introduces a whole different set of issues that, from a gameplay perspective, make the game worse in my opinion.
So as much as I love the extras like the ramp that goes under the playfield and the hologram with ghosts, I'd never choose to own a prem/le over the pro.

I’ve been hoping for a premium code update with bobby brown on storage facility and higher and higher on high score entry or possibly pke frenzy.

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ve been hoping for a premium code update with bobby brown on storage facility and higher and higher on high score entry or possibly pke frenzy.

I like "Higher and Higher" for the high score entry. I actually think "Higher and Higher" is kind of a lame song in a pinball context (I just don't see myself getting pumped up to it during PKE Frenzy... or any mode), but it makes complete sense and would fit in well for a high score tune. The song sounds more like a celebration than a challenge to me.

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I like "Higher and Higher" for the high score entry. I actually think "Higher and Higher" is kind of a lame song in a pinball context (I just don't see myself getting pumped up to it during PKE Frenzy... or any mode), but it makes complete sense and would fit in well for a high score tune. The song sounds more like a celebration than a challenge to me.

I agree with that assessment!

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Wow that would be perfect. Higher and higher on high score? Total no brainer. I have experience with Pinball browser and will add this (and probably Bobby brown in mb) once I get my premium this weekend unless someone does it earlier.

As for the comments noted by Kevin above, those all make sense. Just my thoughts:

The physical ball lock feels so much better andi believe if it does go sdtm after pops I believe it shoots another one.

Owning a premium for almost a year I probably had magna slings throw 1 sdtm but maybe i was lucky? They are an incredible innovation and really ices the cake of a ghost theme.

Moving slimmer makes hitting him less of a chore. Stagnant slimmer is just so boring while moving makes you feel like you're using skill.

Right ramp actually feels good once you update the hex. Huge difference while the key left ramp shot feels and sounds so much better being metal.

Scaleris suck in both versions but I'm hoping code makes them actually interesting.

I would love to see you play a premium on stream that has been tweaked to perfection like your pro.

#181 6 years ago

Both pro and premium are good games and a good bit different from one another.

The one thing that often gets overlooked in general is that it is the one machine in the last few years with a totally different layout.

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Both pro and premium are good games and a good bit different from one another.
The one thing that often gets overlooked in general is that it is the one machine in the last few years with a totally different layout.

you're spot on with that. Def a unique layout!

Sorry to derail the thread a bit - back to music!!!

#183 6 years ago

I was actually looking at replacing Magic during Storage Facility Multiball. Honestly, in the context of the movie, that’s the song that played when the ghosts escaped from the Storage Facility.

Maybe On Our Own during We Came We Saw, or Mass Hysteria?

#184 6 years ago

PKE Frenzy is perfect for Bobby Brown ...the current default song is not that good and PKE is fairly easy to get so we can hear that song

#185 6 years ago

Magic for storage facility mb.
Higher and higher for entering a high score.
On our own for pke frenzy.

Someone make it happen!

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Magic for storage facility mb.
Higher and higher for entering a high score.
On our own for pke frenzy.
Someone make it happen!

That is a pretty slow song for a multiball mode isn’t it? Don’t think I would care for that one in that spot.

#187 6 years ago

Magic does sound great for the Storage Facility MB. Make sure to grab it at the 2:20 mark of the song and not before

#188 6 years ago

I think magic is too slow for MB. BB would be better imo

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

I think magic is too slow for MB. BB would be better imo

This. “Magic” is a great tune (and I agree that it needs to start pretty late into the song), but I don’t know if it’s got enough energy to carry the multiball.

“Magic” would sound great for Don’t Cross the Streams” or maybe Gozer the Gozerian.

If “On Our Own” gets moved to a mini wizard mode, I’m the only one in my house who will ever hear it . It should definitely be used for the Storage Facility multiball.

#190 6 years ago

If it goes in the video mode, I’d start “Magic” at 2:49, so you get the “Please. Please. Pleeeeease!”

#191 6 years ago

Actually, after listening to it again, on our own is more fun for multiball. Magic can be the video mode.

My biggest issue with GB's code is that for whatever reason I tend to always stack mass hysteria, storage facility, and pke frenzy. It gets real noisy, real fast.

I wish that the ghost awards "cashed in" the number of ghosts that you collected so that they didn't all stack.

Not sure what I'd do with mass hysteria multiball - the music there is a little silly if I remember correctly.

#192 6 years ago

When modifying the code and picking your song choices, I believe you are limited to the duration that the original music/loop plays for? So mass Hysteria is only a 20 second loop, that is what you are stuck with? or can Pinball browser change the durations as well?

#193 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

When modifying the code and picking your song choices, I believe you are limited to the duration that the original music/loop plays for? So mass Hysteria is only a 20 second loop, that is what you are stuck with? or can Pinball browser change the durations as well?

You can’t change lengths, must match them.

This is another reason to put on our own in multiball. Pretty sure it is one of the longer loops to modify.

#194 6 years ago

Magic is in the video mode now, starts with the classic synth from the movie.

This weekend, I’ll look at the Storage Facility multiball music. When stacked with a mode, I believe the mode music takes precedence.

#195 6 years ago

Yes! You beat me to it. Mode takes precedence. The storage facility MB music will only play if there is no active mode

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Magic is in the video mode now, starts with the classic synth from the movie.
This weekend, I’ll look at the Storage Facility multiball music. When stacked with a mode, I believe the mode music takes precedence.

Mode music taking precedence isn’t necessarily a bad thing, just adds even better variety to what you may or may not hear.

#197 6 years ago

Loving all the tweaks everybody is contributing, cheers!

#198 6 years ago

Wow - thread went silent all of a sudden

Checking in to see if anyone modified the premium code for BB on multi ball and higher and higher for score entry with adjusted volume levels?

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Wow - thread went silent all of a sudden
Checking in to see if anyone modified the premium code for BB on multi ball and higher and higher for score entry with adjusted volume levels?

#200 6 years ago

I think mudflaps was doing the pro code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 103.00
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 526 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-pro-custom-code-v113/page/4?hl=pinmagnet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.