IMG_5521 (resized).JPG
IMG_5520 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
dzqmpe6hvip21 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_20180106_120414966 (resized).jpg
6CFEE5E0-7788-4981-AA39-E67D4D1C54BE (resized).jpeg
20180103_003032 (resized).jpg
There are 526 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
#51 6 years ago

Just tried to download and it says error daily limit or something ?
Anyone got a fresh link to the pro code? Eg the op version without the Bobby brown song?

#52 6 years ago

Amazing work. Since final code is coming out in the coming months I'm wondering if I should hold off before I do the custom install. So this installs the same way as a Stern update correct? Thanks again Mudflaps!

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Amazing work. Since final code is coming out in the coming months I'm wondering if I should hold off before I do the custom install. So this installs the same way as a Stern update correct? Thanks again Mudflaps!

Either way way won’t this custom code potentially need to be tweaked a bit when the final code comes out?

#54 6 years ago

Thanks a lot guys!
Awesome stuff

#55 6 years ago

I'm sorry,have I missed something here? My GB/PRe was built in the afternoon, last day of the year,or so it says! It was nib and had the 1.13 code already installed! Are you all just now getting this code,or,is there another one coming???

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I'm sorry,have I missed something here? My GB/PRe was built in the afternoon, last day of the year,or so it says! It was nib and had the 1.13 code already installed! Are you all just now getting this code,or,is there another one coming???

1.13 has been out for a year. This is a custom code based off of 1.13 which includes actual tunes from the movies. A final code update is in the works by Stern which will be the final code for this game.

#57 6 years ago

Thank-you enjoy velvet!!

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Here is my link for you Pro guys! If one of you Pro users can report back that that the update is good that would be awesome.
Happy New Year my fellow Ghostbusters Pin Owners! I know the game gets a lot of negative talk, but It's one of my favorites. We had family over for New Years Day and it was the most played game....even over GOTG which is my current favorite.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h07me4k8paq20e0/ghostbusters-1_13_Mud.spk?dl=0

I just loaded on my Pro and played a several games... everything sounds great! From the day I brought this game home I wanted to hear the Bobby Brown track in the game. Thank you VERY much Mudflaps & cleland... I'm hoping you will port these changes over to the final code once Stern releases because this is now my favorite blend.

#59 6 years ago

I guess what I meant to say was even if you install this custom 1.13 code now, when the final code comes out it will just overwrite this when you install it.

To get the custom music back with final update someone will need to port the music over to the final code.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I guess what I meant to say was even if you install this custom 1.13 code now, when the final code comes out it will just overwrite this when you install it.
To get the custom music back with final update someone will need to port the music over to the final code.

You are correct. What I recommend is you get the current 1.13 code from Sterns site now so you have as a backup. You can then install the Mudflaps/Cleland version of 1.13 and if for some reason you want to revert you will have to official 1.13 to load back. In either case you should have no issue overwriting with the new code when it releases. Hopefully once that happens, Mudflaps/Clealand will update that final code with their custom soundtrack.

#61 6 years ago

I’m having a brain fart here....

Is there something different with the music during the match sequence at the end of the game with this custom code can’t remember what it was previously like.

#62 6 years ago

Looking forward to giving this a shot! Forgive the beginner question, but do you all recommend just updating with the custom code the same way as Stern’s updates, or first swapping the SD card? Will the USB update update the new SD card or does that need to be burned separately?

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Looking forward to giving this a shot! Forgive the beginner question, but do you all recommend just updating with the custom code the same way as Stern’s updates, or first swapping the SD card? Will the USB update update the new SD card or does that need to be burned separately?

I have always updated my machines via USB as Stern recommends without any issues. One of the more experienced members may be able to speak to the benefits of swapping SD cards instead.

#64 6 years ago

I updated with the usb. It’s the same 1.13 code just with different music. Once the final code comes out you won’t want to go back to 1.13 anyway so not sure it makes any difference.

When new code comes out you will update same way and I’m sure someone will port this music over to whatever the new code is.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Hey Cleland. Since you mentioned swapping SD cards instead of overwriting, are you aware of an easy way to transfer high scores from the stock code (and card) to the new code?
Thanks

You can do this in Pinball Browser and alter any scores, but I always leave them as default.

It's easy to load the songs back in when new code is released, so I will update when new code drops. Also, I took Mudflaps songs and compressed/maximized the volumes so they are the same level as the other stock songs.

As far as updating via USB or swapping SD cards. It's all up to what you are comfortable with and can accomplish tech wise. For Spike and Spike 2 games, I pull the SD card and make a disk image on my Mac and then store the original in the coinbox. I then write that back to a new SD card and do the sound changes. The thing is you need to start with a full base code which is around 4 gigs or larger. The updates that Stern releases are really just patches around 1 gig that add to the base code.

Quoted from Psw757:

I’m having a brain fart here....
Is there something different with the music during the match sequence at the end of the game with this custom code can’t remember what it was previously like.

Same as stock, not changed.

#66 6 years ago

Stern has gone on record stating there is at least one more code update for GB.

Fear not, when that’s released, I’ll update the new version with the same music/songs (and maybe a few surprises).

#67 6 years ago

is there a way to have both original and custom sounds play (ex - two songs are slotted for one mode and the game picks one randomly)? I love both soundtracks!

I might have to get back into this game especially with the upcoming code update.

Would love to see the bobby brown song in action if someone has a video of it from this mix!

#68 6 years ago

Very cool. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

is there a way to have both original and custom sounds play (ex - two songs are slotted for one mode and the game picks one randomly)? I love both soundtracks!

Not really. It’s one or the other, unless Cleland is aware of a graduate level setting.

I tried to find a good spot for ‘On Our Own’ on the Pro. I love the song and I think it fits, but I really like ‘Cleaning Up the Town’ during We Got One (same song used in GB 1 during that scene).

I tried to do Bobby Brown on the initials screen, but it’s this weird loop. I’ll revisit soon.

I had a hard time placing ‘Magic,’ but I think the video mode is perfect.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Ghostbusters Pro custom code V1.13

Thank you!

#71 6 years ago

heading home to install the premium code now.

#72 6 years ago

Got it installed on my premium and really like it. I don't save my high scores so got to initial up a few times. Good job!

#73 6 years ago

This is such an amazing job mudflaps!!!
it's like a whole new game and is feels just right!!!
I love GB even more now.
thank you and thanks Cleland for adding bobby!

#74 6 years ago

Sorry to sound new but are there instructions? Is this just like adding any update (just like it came from the OEM)?

If the person loading the 1.13 code needs to switch back (for a sale, route, etc.), can it be converted back to the lastest OEM code?

Thank for all your help.

#75 6 years ago

Great work Mudflaps and Cleland. .spk file downloaded. Can't wait to install onto my GB pro. Will buy a spare SD card too, so I can keep the original code. Do you know what size Stern uses. I would check but I'm not at home.

Again many thanks and a Happy New Year!!!

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Sorry to sound new but are there instructions? Is this just like adding any update (just like it came from the OEM)?
If the person loading the 1.13 code needs to switch back (for a sale, route, etc.), can it be converted back to the lastest OEM code?
Thank for all your help.

See Cleland’s helpful post on this:

Quoted from cleland:

As far as updating via USB or swapping SD cards. It's all up to what you are comfortable with and can accomplish tech wise. For Spike and Spike 2 games, I pull the SD card and make a disk image on my Mac and then store the original in the coinbox. I then write that back to a new SD card and do the sound changes. The thing is you need to start with a full base code which is around 4 gigs or larger. The updates that Stern releases are really just patches around 1 gig that add to the base code.

I see no reason why you could not just change back to the previous code with the original SD card.

#77 6 years ago

Can I make a request? I'm not a huge fan of the bobby brown song, but I'd *love* to seen the Doug E Fresh "Spirit" song put in for Midnight Madness.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from Reechard:

Can I make a request? I'm not a huge fan of the bobby brown song, but I'd *love* to seen the Doug E Fresh "Spirit" song put in for Midnight Madness.

+1 to this. I think the "On our own" for the "We got one" is a bit out of place but it definitely needs to go somewhere but "Spirit" for midnight madness would be super cool.

#79 6 years ago

Excuse my ignorance here, but how does this work? Can I just upload the SPK file to the game similar to using BIN files? Or is there some conversion in Pinball Browser required?

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Excuse my ignorance here, but how does this work? Can I just upload the SPK file to the game similar to using BIN files? Or is there some conversion in Pinball Browser required?

Just format USB to FAT32 and copy the spk to it. Plug USB into the machine and then power cycle. No PinBrowser needed.

#81 6 years ago

installed the code last night, its cool. I find the sound levels are still a little low compared to the stern tracks. Spooked Librarian doesn't really get my blood pumping, same as Who brought the dog. The Bobby Brown song seems a little out of place for the mode its in, Spooked Central is cool. I think the whole set of tracks could be flushed out a little more over time, but this is a good proof of concept for what is possible for this game if someone wanted to spend some more time mastering the levels in the scores, and editing them so they loop more seamlessly. I will probably go back to my original code, but certainly interested to see if this gets developed out a little more.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

installed the code last night, its cool. I find the sound levels are still a little low compared to the stern tracks. Spooked Librarian doesn't really get my blood pumping, same as Who brought the dog. The Bobby Brown song seems a little out of place for the mode its in, Spooked Central is cool. I think the whole set of tracks could be flushed out a little more over time, but this is a good proof of concept for what is possible for this game if someone wanted to spend some more time mastering the levels in the scores, and editing them so they loop more seamlessly. I will probably go back to my original code, but certainly interested to see if this gets developed out a little more.

Agreed great improvement and as you stated who bouggt the dog snd librarian mode leaves the game quiet and a little dead. Be good to keep everything else but return those 2 modes back to Sterns default. If this happens the mash of Sterns and the ops version would near be perfect. I put the original ops code on and not that loser druggies Bob Brown song version.

#83 6 years ago

You rock Mudflaps!

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Good feedback, and I definitely need to tweak the volume levels.

My Pro version didn’t have Bobby Brown. Other than that, the Spooked Librarian and Who Brought the Dog modes are meant to be more somber and moody.

Thanks for giving it a try. Stay tuned!

#85 6 years ago

I’ve never made it to stay puft mode or any other the final modes, what music is played during these?

Is cleaning up the town somewhere either in original code or this custom code?

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ve never made it to stay puft mode or any other the final modes, what music is played during these?
Is cleaning up the town somewhere either in original code or this custom code?

‘Cleaning Up the Town’ plays during the custom code for We Got One.

The video shows everything that changed, plus I listed what changed in the GB thread.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

‘Cleaning Up the Town’ plays during the custom code for We Got One.
The video shows everything that changed, plus I listed what changed.

Ok - I downloaded the premium version that was converted which has on our own in that spot.

I like that song, I like cleaning up the town s well. Was just curious what Stern has for those deeper modes, maybe on our own would work in one of them.

#88 6 years ago

I haven't installed it yet, but will. Did Savin' The Day make it anywhere in the game?

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I haven't installed it yet, but will. Did Savin' The Day make it anywhere in the game?

It’s during Spook Central.

#90 6 years ago

Bobby brown should be played during multiball, it needs to be in there somewhere because that song rocks.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Bobby brown should be played during multiball, it needs to be in there somewhere because that song rocks.

agreed.

I dont mind it during "we got one" as it is now ... it sounds amazing on my machine with the flipper fidelity speakers.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

agreed.
I dont mind it during "we got one" as it is now ... it sounds amazing on my machine with the flipper fidelity speakers.

Quoted from mzhulk:

Multiball would be a good spot for it and would probably allow you to use a longer song segment.

#93 6 years ago

Now if someone could code Yanosh saying “everything you’re doing is bad, I want you to know this” during a drain or loss in an outlane like it’s done on Williams Indy that would be awesome

#94 6 years ago

Ok I changed the premium back to Cleaning up the Town on We Got One and moving Bobby Brown over to multiball. I can post a Dropbox link if anyone want it. Also sneaking in Doug E Fresh somewhere too, just trying to find a home for it.

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Ok I changed the premium back to Cleaning up the Town on We Got One and moving Bobby Brown over to multiball. I can post a Dropbox link if anyone want it. Also sneaking in Doug E Fresh somewhere too, just trying to find a home for it.

Which multiball?

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Yes, please!!

#97 6 years ago

I love the collaboration. What's a good list of songs everyone would like? I deal well with instructions

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I love the collaboration. What's a good list of songs everyone would like? I deal well with instructions

From Ghostbusters...

Cleaning Up The Town
Savin The Day
Magic

Ghostbusters II...

On Our Own
Ghostbusters Run DMC

And if you could find a place for them...

Spirit
We're Back
Higher and Higher (Maybe high score initial enter?)

And obviously some of these songs would need to start at certain intervals and not just from the beginning if that is possible.

#100 6 years ago

I’d rather see higher and higher and flip city than spirit,that song just doesn’t fit in my opinion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 526 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-pro-custom-code-v113/page/2?hl=bent98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.