Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c3ce697b39fb1b38af1e9ad856cb20b60a642a1d (resized).jpg
GB Pro and LE.jpg
GB LE playfield.jpg
GB Pro playfield.jpg
#1 7 years ago

Recently I had the opportunity to play Ghostbusters Pro and LE side by side. One of my friends noticed that the LE playfield is much more blue than the Pro, which is very purple. Since then I've seen a few Pros and two LEs in person. All of them seem just like these to me eyes; Pro purple, LE blue. Apologies if this has already been mentioned in the other GB threads. They're too huge for me to keep up with.

I took a photo of each game: no playfield glass, same room, same lighting, same time, same camera, same flash, no filters. The difference is just as noticeable in person, if not more so.

Pro and LEPro and LEProPro LELE

#2 7 years ago

Very interesting. I also have a similar color contrast "inconsistency" on some of my Walking Dead pinballs.

#3 7 years ago

That LE looks way better.

#4 7 years ago

It could be the difference between silk screen printing and direct ink printing (big inkjet printer). Since Churchhill is is gone they may be using different printing techniques

#5 7 years ago

In another thread someone said there new star trek looked different then one received more then a year ago, something funny is going on around here

#6 7 years ago

I see more than just the purple. Almost all the colors on the LE look more vibrant.

#7 7 years ago

Same type of issue on newer Metallica Pros, some have nice bright colours, others look faded.

#8 7 years ago

Great now everyone has to check for faded playfields along with ghostin

#9 7 years ago

The ST color from the "Hey Stern! Are you serious?" thread.
New premium vs old LE.

c3ce697b39fb1b38af1e9ad856cb20b60a642a1d (resized).jpgc3ce697b39fb1b38af1e9ad856cb20b60a642a1d (resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago

Unless these photos were shot in the same environment with the same lighting, I have a hard time coming to a conclusion. Lighting and the camera can make a HUGE difference with colors.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Unless these photos were shot in the same environment with the same lighting, I have a hard time coming to a conclusion. Lighting and the camera can make a HUGE difference with colors.

From ngoett: "But also today I had to set up a new Star Trek Premium for a customer (August build date) and first thing I noticed was playfield color differences from the Star Trek Pro and STLE that we have in the shop. These are in the exact same lighting so its not the camera making them look different. Can easily tell that it is a different playfield manufacturer (shooter lanes have different style wood grains also)."

#12 7 years ago

Got it - I have noticed that my GOT LE shooter lane looks much different than GB. I always just thought it depended on the specific piece of wood for the shooter.

#13 7 years ago

I couldn't even get a GBLE with 2 side rails that match.

2 weeks later
#14 7 years ago

What was the comparison as far as ghosting goes? Was one worse than the other?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 103.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-pro-and-le-playfield-color-difference?hl=flato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.