Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Hdmike444
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

c3ce697b39fb1b38af1e9ad856cb20b60a642a1d (resized).jpg
GB Pro and LE.jpg
GB LE playfield.jpg
GB Pro playfield.jpg

#1 3 years ago

Recently I had the opportunity to play Ghostbusters Pro and LE side by side. One of my friends noticed that the LE playfield is much more blue than the Pro, which is very purple. Since then I've seen a few Pros and two LEs in person. All of them seem just like these to me eyes; Pro purple, LE blue. Apologies if this has already been mentioned in the other GB threads. They're too huge for me to keep up with.

I took a photo of each game: no playfield glass, same room, same lighting, same time, same camera, same flash, no filters. The difference is just as noticeable in person, if not more so.

Pro and LEPro LE

#2 3 years ago

Very interesting. I also have a similar color contrast "inconsistency" on some of my Walking Dead pinballs.

#3 3 years ago

That LE looks way better.

#4 3 years ago

It could be the difference between silk screen printing and direct ink printing (big inkjet printer). Since Churchhill is is gone they may be using different printing techniques

#5 3 years ago

In another thread someone said there new star trek looked different then one received more then a year ago, something funny is going on around here

#6 3 years ago

I see more than just the purple. Almost all the colors on the LE look more vibrant.

#7 3 years ago

Same type of issue on newer Metallica Pros, some have nice bright colours, others look faded.

#8 3 years ago

Great now everyone has to check for faded playfields along with ghostin

#9 3 years ago

The ST color from the "Hey Stern! Are you serious?" thread.
New premium vs old LE.

c3ce697b39fb1b38af1e9ad856cb20b60a642a1d (resized).jpg

#10 3 years ago

Unless these photos were shot in the same environment with the same lighting, I have a hard time coming to a conclusion. Lighting and the camera can make a HUGE difference with colors.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Unless these photos were shot in the same environment with the same lighting, I have a hard time coming to a conclusion. Lighting and the camera can make a HUGE difference with colors.

From ngoett: "But also today I had to set up a new Star Trek Premium for a customer (August build date) and first thing I noticed was playfield color differences from the Star Trek Pro and STLE that we have in the shop. These are in the exact same lighting so its not the camera making them look different. Can easily tell that it is a different playfield manufacturer (shooter lanes have different style wood grains also)."

#12 3 years ago

Got it - I have noticed that my GOT LE shooter lane looks much different than GB. I always just thought it depended on the specific piece of wood for the shooter.

#13 3 years ago

I couldn't even get a GBLE with 2 side rails that match.

2 weeks later
#14 3 years ago

What was the comparison as far as ghosting goes? Was one worse than the other?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Terra Ceia, FL
Playfield - Plastics
ModFather Pinball Mods
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside