IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1272 Cliffs install instructions for GB Posted by Cliffy (7 years ago)

Post #1359 Photos of the Stern upgraded side rails installed Posted by SilverballNut (7 years ago)

Post #1739 details on the "mystery coils" located in the backbox Posted by chucksmith (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#324 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Got a reply from local distributor that they talked with Stern and Stern should have two lines running full time by the week after next (already running and ramping up). Not delayed.
Expecting to get ours (first batch they receive) in a couple weeks and supposedly they have been told there shouldn't be issues. I'm going to stick with it and hope for the best. Just such a great theme for me.

"There SHOULDN'T be any issues"

That sounds scary to me. I'd much rather hear "the playfield problems have been identified and corrected"

1 week later
#576 7 years ago

Do you guys think Stern will eventually start putting air ball deflectors on these machines from the factory? I would be much more likely to buy one if they would address the air ball issues and slimer dragging his butt all over everything and stuff. I don't see how they can just ignore design flaws like this or why they would even want to. Ghostbusters could be their biggest game ever if they would just get the issues resolved. It makes no sensenat all.

2 months later
#1531 7 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Is it me, or does it seems like every Stern game needs something extra to make the game play correctly?

I think Stern does a pretty good job for the most part but things like fixing the air balls (plastic protector) and maybe raising the lane guides so the ball wont jump them does really bother me. It kind of makes me think that they don't care about their games. I mean how can you have a huge title like Ghost Busters and not address small problems like this? How did it not get addressed before the first game was even ever sold? I am saving up for a GB but I'd like to see things like this fixed so I don't have to when I buy my game.

#1549 7 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Seriously? You only contribute to the problem with that mentality, like Rarehero said Stern LOOOOOOVES you. I am only asking for a working game with the occasional code drop. Taking on the whole attitude of "Oh thank my lucky stars Stern is going to accept my money and allow me to own one of their games" is why they are pumping out flawed machines and DGAF.

No way this Jackazz is serious, he's just trying to start sh*t. Nobody can be that stupid for real.

3 weeks later
#1652 7 years ago

I finally got to play a GB Premium yesterday and it was F'ing awesome! The only thing that could stand in my way of getting this pin would be Batman 66. I definitely like the theme of Batman 66 and I would almost consider it my dream theme honestly, but Ghostbusters is so damn good that I highly doubt that Batman is going to be able to win me over from GB. GB is an amazing game and in my opinion is quite possibly Sterns best game.

#1654 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Get both, put them "side-by-each", praise them highly in spite of some minor flaws and piss off probably more than 70% of Un-Funside!
That's my plan at least.
Already halfway there too!

Lol that would be nice but right now I can only get one. Maybe one this year and the other one next year is possible!

#1657 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Nah, just ditch that GOT pro as you won't be playing it much once GB arrives.
I should know.

I would say theres some truth to that statement probably, but I still think GOT is still good enough that I want to keep it in my collection. That is a thought though lol.

#1662 7 years ago

I've played a Premium and a pro in the last 3 days and Pro feels very bare bones compared to the Premium. I'm not knocking the Pro by any means, it's still a great game but I gotta have the Premium for this pin. If the playfield debacle wouldn't have happened this game would have sold so well it would be unbelievable I bet. GB is a kick as game!

#1664 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It has sold incredibly well. People
love the theme and art so much, they've ignored the QC, design flaws, and code issues. I jumped ship and know a couple of others that did as well...but we're definitely a minority.

I bet it hurt sales more than you think, it made me hold off buying it and I bought a GOT instead. You must not have jumped ship totally if you are still following the GB threads right? You must be still thinking about buying one.

3 weeks later
#1720 7 years ago

Getting close to pulling the trigger on a GB Premium. Do the playfield issues seemed to be fixed now for the most part? I haven't heard near as many issues lately doesn't seem like as what I was hearing when the game first came out. I know there have been a handful of issues with games here lately....there will always be a bad one here and there no matter what, but does it seem to be pretty safe to buy now?

#1722 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Zero playfield issues on the Dec 2016 one we got in. Had a coil die after a couple weeks and Stern sent a new one. That's the extent of problems with it so far.
That said, DEFINITELY get a protector for the left ramp standup targets and the outlanes immediately, though. The crazy amount of airballs on a stock machine are bad for playfields.

Thanks, I already got the protectors from art so I'm good there. I'm getting the impression that the playfields have been much better lately, hope that's the case.

#1725 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

My premium has an October build date, and the playfield looks great.

That's awesome. I love GB, can't wait to get one and play the hell out of it. What's considered a good score? I got 2 billion on one a few weeks ago, but that's probably nothing spectacular I'm sure lol.

#1730 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Ouch. I haven't broken 1B yet. Need to play more. Life gets in the way so often that I don't play for weeks at a time, then when I do get back to it I am learning all over again. Oh, and I am a terrible player.

Its all good though because pinball is one of those games that you can suck at and still have a blast!

4 weeks later
#1758 7 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Today is delivery day for mine - I've been in contact with JJ and sounds like they will be getting more in soon. I've got cliffys ordered, but still need to order plastics for the ball hops. This is my first nib Stern so very excited! Are the lane guides higher on the newer runs or do the balls still jump them pretty easily? Pics to follow

You can (and should) buy the sling protectors from oldpinguy, that will keep the balls from jumping the lane guides. Buy the air ball deflector also, its a must. You can buy both sets for 45 dollars total. Art does great work also, his protectors look like they came on there from the factory.

Congrats on your first NIB pin, you couldn't have chose a better one imo. If i was you I would set the trough eject to 175 and the left scoop eject to 22.

#1762 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

In the first 100 games you will get lane hops. This is all part of break in. Once you get some games in it calmed down. I get a couple but it's average with any other weird hop on a game. cliffys on the shooter lane a must. Lower th shooter power and adjust the eject power. Also the airball deflector is a must in my book.

Turning down the trough eject power is a must, I cant believe this is not the default in the code. Where do you have your right and left eject scoops set at?

#1767 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

My left is at 36 but not entirely set on that. And the right is at 60. I'm happy with that.
Top of bubble is touching the line.
I appreaciate what you did with those plastics. Just not for me. I will eventually make a set slightly lager than the slings orbget sterns. I don't care for the plastic over the right side. But that's my own preference. If other like them great.
FortyTwo

Try the left one on 22 and see if you like it better.

4 months later
#1800 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Hi,
I have bought a premium , build date 23 august 2016. playfield stamp is july07.
It starts ghosting on 4 inserts. I think I have a le playfield in there , because it is signed.
This is now my third gb with ghosting. I have had the pro, the le and now the premium. I sold all 3 after they start ghosting.
That sucks. Is there a know build date of playfields where there will be no ghosting for sure ?
I can have an other premium with playfield build date 25, august. There the inserts look very good. But how long ?
Any info ?
Thanks

My game has a playfield date of October 2016 and it doesn't have any ghosting. If I'm not mistaken the playfields that were made from October on have been pretty good but I'm not 100% certain on that so don't take my word on it. Sorry to hear about your bad luck, that really sucks.

3 weeks later
#1808 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Same here. Cointaker one at pinburgh had it also.!

Not something you want to happen for sure but there is a good chance that it won't get any worse I bet.

#1810 6 years ago

That's good CAP, I'm glad they are giving you a new playfield. Can't beat that at all.

#1814 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

not convinced.

Not trying to convince you, just trying to make you feel a little better about your situation. It may chip all to hell for all that I know, but I do know of people that gave ghosted playfields that started early on and now they have thousands of plays on their games and it never got any worse. They aren't happy about it but at least their game still plays fine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.