IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1272 Cliffs install instructions for GB Posted by Cliffy (7 years ago)

Post #1359 Photos of the Stern upgraded side rails installed Posted by SilverballNut (7 years ago)

Post #1739 details on the "mystery coils" located in the backbox Posted by chucksmith (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tpoeckh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#836 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

The ball is not coming out of the subway about 20% of the time on my Premium. If I test by hand, I am getting 0 failures. At this point my only thought is that sometimes the ball is getting air when headed down into the subway and hitting the top of the tunnel entrance, losing some momentum. I am thinking of lowering my pitch about (at 7 degrees right now).
Anyone else run into something similar, have some suggestions?

I read previously that this can be adjusted. You need to get under the playfield and mess with a screw or bolt on the subway to fix this.

2 weeks later
#1059 7 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

This is killing me...I want to order my Premium in January and am wondering if I should wait even longer...

Supposedly the playfields are now fixed. I'm reading this here and was told that by my distributor, who also confirmed that some of the late September and early October playfields will have issues (all anecdotal, but he has been in the business a long time and is a large Stern distributor). My Premium ships tomorrow. I'll put quite a few games on it next week and if I see or don't see any insert ghosting I'll report back.

#1063 7 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Confused, their resolved but will still have issues?

Resolved for machines in production now. Some machines produced in September to early October will have the playfield issues. This is all anecdotal from my distributor.

#1074 7 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I am interested in the install of the protector. How hard is it to install. I may give it a shot if it is not too difficult and I can remove it if it does not work out.

Varies machine to machine. If you can do a decent top-side shop job, should be no problem. On MMR, it took me 3 hours total, including cleaning the playfield. It did require removing the castle and both ramps. I'll install the Ghostbusters Premium one next week when the machine arrives and let you know.

#1109 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

How are the scoreli protectors going to fit?! My targets are tight as hell in the pf holes.

The protectors are thin and should sit very flush. Just got them in the mail from Cliffy yesterday.

IMG_1891.JPGIMG_1891.JPG

IMG_1892.JPGIMG_1892.JPG

#1112 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

I was looking at the drops as well. Will be tough to fit a piece of paper in there, let alone a piece of metal. I've been thinking that the area needs something in my opinion(over time there will be issues), but thinking drops will have to changed/modified in order to fit.
Any thoughts on what to do here?

My Premium has already been shipped and is arriving next week. I'll post if there are any installation or fitting issues with the protector.

1 week later
#1258 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Anyone else get one recently. When was shipment date and how was the playfield

I received my Premium on Friday, shipped October 27th. October 14 handwritten on playfield edge. There appears to be a date stamp also but it is smudged and unreadable. Like someone else has previously mentioned in this thread or another, the colors on the playfield look slightly darker and more saturated than the Pros/LEs I've seen on route. Maybe 100 games played, no ghosting on inserts or any wear in the shooter lane. I installed a makrolon playfield protector, OldPinGuy's air ball protector, and Cliffy's for the Scolari Brothers before a single game was played.

#1262 7 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Did you use the Cactus Canyon ones from Cliffy's page or does he have new Ghostbusters one not on his site yet? And can you post a pick and tell if they were snug to get in there or not?

I used the ones for Stern Star Trek, which might be the same as the Cactus Canyon ones. I'll post pics tonight. Installation was fairly simple and they function 100% with the Cliffy's installed. Only issue is the right side Scolari protector needs to be trimmed (bottom side) because a screw from an led pcb board blocks it from clipping in place. I used a dremel tool to do this.

#1270 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

While I'm at it.......I've searched this thread and other GB threads. Not quite sure how/where to install these. I figure the one on the left is gonna go to the left of the shooter lane, where the ball ejects. Other two...not a f'n clue!

This link might be helpful for both your questions.

#1276 7 years ago

Here are pictures of the Cliffy drop target protectors with makrolon playfield protector installed. I had to trim the right protector (no more kink), since an led pcb board screw was located too close. No issues with fitment or looseness, even with the trimming and about 100 games of play.

IMG_1937.JPGIMG_1937.JPG

IMG_1938.JPGIMG_1938.JPG

IMG_1941.JPGIMG_1941.JPG

IMG_1939.JPGIMG_1939.JPG

IMG_1940.JPGIMG_1940.JPG

#1280 7 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Awesome pics! Thanks for posting. I'm supposed to be getting my premium this week so I'm paying very close attention. How long did it take to install the playfield protector?

It was a little tougher than MMR. About 5 hours, but well worth it, fits and looks great. I don't really notice any difference in play either between my Premium with protector and the routed LE I've been playing for a couple of months.

#1283 7 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I know this is a GB thread but I'd like to ask you where you got the MMR playfield protector. What tips do you have as well for installing it? Thanks!

I ordered directly from playfield-protectors.com out of Germany. They ship the protector flat, not rolled. On MMR, you will need to remove the flaps for the trolls, as the flaps will sit on top of the protector. No switches needed any adjustments for me. Take your time and take lots of pictures for reassembly. Also, install all your Cliffy's beforehand, since they will go under the playfield protector.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tpoeckh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info?tu=tpoeckh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.