Topic Stats

• 1,815 posts
  • 246 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by capguntrooper
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 328 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5380 (resized).JPG
IMG_5378 (resized).JPG
pic5 (resized).jpg
pic7 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4984 (resized).JPG
IMG_5327 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
drop2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1272 Cliffs install instructions for GB Posted by Cliffy (3 years ago)

Post #1359 Photos of the Stern upgraded side rails installed Posted by SilverballNut (3 years ago)

Post #1739 details on the "mystery coils" located in the backbox Posted by chucksmith (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stpcore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 3 years ago

Pre-ordered on March 10th, was asked to pay balance last week. Distributor guessed by the end of the month. Fingers crossed!

1 week later
#9 3 years ago

My distributor is now saying early August for my Premium. I'm picking up at Stern so I wonder if that speeds up the process or complicates it somehow?

#34 3 years ago

Trent at Tilt told me early August when we exchanged emails last week.

Is anyone getting the inner playfield blades? I'm trying to decide between mirror blades and the Zombie Yeti blades that Stern is offering. Has anyone seen them both on a machine (Pro or LE)? Would love to hear your input.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I have the Zombie Yeti blades, but no machine yet. They look great to me.

I'm leaning towards the ZY blades as well and I'm really looking forward to this pin. It will be a nice change of pace from my Twilight Zone and Scared Stiff.

2 weeks later
#87 3 years ago

I like your confidence, Visi0n. I also have a Premium on order. I'm going to stay excited about its arrival. If the inserts ghost I'll ask Stern for help and take it from there. Hopefully they have a new approach to the current playfields and a solid solution for those that are experiencing issues with their current pin.

1 week later
#101 3 years ago

I was also told most likely September by my distributor 2 days ago for Premiums.

#105 3 years ago

I put my deposit down on March 10th and paid in full about a month ago. I'm picking mine up from Stern so hopefully I'm in one of the first batches that get completed. Pretty anxious to play. End of August would be a pleasant surprise but September seems more realistic to me at this point.

#108 3 years ago

That looks like Logan Arcade's Premium...

2 weeks later
#158 3 years ago

Here's hoping that September is our month!

#161 3 years ago

I have one on order and I'm taking delivery as soon as they tell me it's ready, lol.

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

This is part of the problem. The only real voice you have is not accepting a sub-par product. When the numbers start racking up with people not accepting the pins MAYBE Stern will do something. I'm calling my distro and requesting a cancellation.

Sorry you feel that way. I'm well aware of the issues that have presented themselves here recently. Im also well aware of those that do not have any issues with their Ghostbusters pins. I've not personally had an issue with Stern before so I'm not going to alter my buying decision. I don't think that makes me part of any problem as I will support the company and the product until they personally give me a reason not to.

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

So as long as you're getting a good product you're cool with it. Screw the other pinheads. Got it. Don't come here and complain when your clear cracks and your inserts end up in the bottom of your cab. Seriously.

Thanks for your feedback. I think you are being a little over the top regarding my post but I do appreciate your opinion. I've always offered to contribute my services here to be of help an never had the attitude of "screw the pinheads" so I think you are off base. If my clearcoat cracks I'll contact my distributor and will save you the time of my updates since you told me I'm not allowed to do so.

Sorry for getting off topic. I'm looking forward to receiving my Premium. Sorry if that rubs anyone the wrong way.

#171 3 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Maybe I am. And if so, I apologize. Maybe I misconstrued your post but Betelgeuse hit the nail on the head on how I took it. In other news I'm hoping your pin is free of defects.

No apology necessary at all. My attitude about playfield quality concern is more hopeful than cavalier. The only way we will will know if playfield issues have been corrected is by obtaining feedback from buyers on new runs of machines (that's me). So I look at it as if I'm up next (been waiting since March) to receive my machine and share feedback on the latest run. I'm not trying to screw anyone by accepting my order. That line of thinking would lead me to believe that anyone that is buying a NIB Stern right now (including the Batman 66 preorders) is also screwing the community. I don't think that's anyone's intentions.

I see where you are coming from. I guess we just have different ways of looking at it and that's OK too. I hope that this next run of pins proves strong and you end up ordering your premium again!

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

wait so did stern show off the premium today or was that facebook mention not true?

They showed Premiums on the line today. Playfields on the rack were marked 8/23. Coin door looked to be single slot export models for overseas and a close up of one machine I noticed was clearly marked for Germany. You can go to Stern's facebook page and watch the video in its entirety. Domestic Premiums can't be too far off.

#207 3 years ago

Emailed Trent today and he confirmed that domestic Premiums should start shipping the week of September 12th.

#215 3 years ago

Must have been a misunderstanding as I asked for a "shipping eta" and he said "Domestic Premiums will start the week of the 12th". I never asked about production dates and he didn't specify production in his return email so I assumed he was answering my shipping question. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

#230 3 years ago

I wonder how many domestic Premiums are in the queue and how long it might take to fill those initial preorders?

#232 3 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

This is part of the problem. The only real voice you have is not accepting a sub-par product. When the numbers start racking up with people not accepting the pins MAYBE Stern will do something. I'm calling my distro and requesting a cancellation.

Noticed you ordered Art's Airball Plastic for GB today. So I guess you decided against canceling your Premium and have decided to join me as part of the problem?

#238 3 years ago

I'm sure this varies but is there any general rule with distributors when it comes to order fulfillment? For instance does it go in order of preorder down payment, paid in full, new customers versus repeat customers, etc? Who gets their pin first?

#255 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Hoping to get my LE soon!

For the record...I'm hoping you get your LE soon as well. What's your distributor saying? I know you've been patiently waiting.

#259 3 years ago

I don't think that a follow up call at this point would be considered pestering. Just make sure you didn't miss a call or an email somehow and he/she is not waiting on you. Good luck!

#267 3 years ago

That Premium at Level 257 in Schaumburg has a September 1 build date. Thought you all would like to know.

IMG_8861 (resized).jpg
IMG_8871 (resized).jpg

#270 3 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

But does it have Ghosting inserts?

To be very honest I don't know. My buddy texted me the pic of the machine as he was out at 257 with his wife. I knew exactly what that was and where it was and asked for him to check the build date. He reached around the machine and snatched the second pic of the build date. He doesn't know what a ghosting insert is and I wasn't in the mood to try to explain it to him.

I like the fact that a domestic Premium was built this month and was delivered within 5 days of build date and is on location. Next week might be interesting for those of us waiting...

#272 3 years ago

"The week of the 12th" is upon us. Hoping for an interesting week in this thread!

#278 3 years ago

Did most of you reserve the day it was announced? I put down money on March 11th (launch day) and paid in full when requested in July. Just curious as to what everyone's situation is?

#301 3 years ago
Quoted from Djsandoz:

My distributor says sten delays again not making them for another 2 weeks

Do you mind me asking who your distributor is? I'm starting to dread the phrase "2 weeks".

#306 3 years ago

At this point I'm not going to pay attention to shipping ETAs. I hope it gets here by Halloween as that's another 6 weeks. I would be disappointed if it went into November as that would be going on 7 months. That said I can appreciate Stern taking their time if it means better quality control and a defect free product.

I do wish I would get contacted by my distributor on this kind of stuff versus me reading it here and then asking for conformation though. That said this is my first new in box so I have no idea how this works or what to expect from the distro.

#313 3 years ago

I would be pretty stunned if this went into November for the first domestic premiums to ship. When is Batman 66 supposed to be shipping? Is it possible that Batman 66 starts shipping before GB premiums?

#322 3 years ago

So that makes more sense. Premiums are currently in full production and by November most orders should be filled. That sounds better than shipping starting in November. Thanks for clarifying that.

#334 3 years ago

Any US scheduled delivery or delivery confirmations yet?

#348 3 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I have some Shipping today and tomorrow. Working on reaching out to customers now.
JJ

That's great news and I really appreciate you taking the time to share. I would love to get some type of an update from my distributor soon. I preordered in March but not sure in what order the preorders are being filled or how the allotments work for number of machines. Thanks again for your update!

#351 3 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

That's great news and I really appreciate you taking the time to share. I would love to get some type of an update from my distributor soon. I preordered in March but not sure in what order the preorders are being filled or how the allotments work for number of machines. Thanks again for your update!

Downvote for this post thanking a distributor for sharing shipping info?

#388 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

First things first. Prepare slimer green apron..

I Iike your green apron but wondering if a purple apron would look better on the Premium since there isn't as much green going on in comparison the the LE? Id like to order one of your aprons in purple and give it a shot. Thanks for the pics.

#392 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Just got word my Premium should be shipping to me this Friday.
Very excited to say the least.

That's awesome, man. Great to hear!

#415 3 years ago

Anyone know which distributors get the largest allotments and quickest ship times?

#466 3 years ago

Anyone in the US due to receive their Premium this week?

#469 3 years ago

Hoping to get a call here soon. I was told by my distributor that I'm #20 in the queue. I have no idea how long it will take to fill 20 orders though.

#477 3 years ago

Honestly, when I preordered back in March I had no idea that I would be going into October without a machine. I think it seems like a long time because so many times over the months I thought I was close to pick up only to find out there was a delay. Don't get me wrong...the delays are fine if it means a better product and I completely understand.

Picking up Ghostbusters Premium has become a quest for me at this point and I'm hoping I'm close to the end of the journey. I'm anxious to finally get playing.

#508 3 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Ordered 8/18
Shipping - Tomorrow

That's incredible. I ordered in March on announcement day and I'm 20 deep on a list. Good for you, man! That's awesome!

#512 3 years ago

Just got an update on my GBLE, distro says it should be built in the next 2 weeks

I want you to get your LE more than I want myself to get my Premium. You should have a nice machine for the wait for sure! Maybe Trudeau will sign it twice, lol?

#513 3 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Thanks man and I hope yours comes soon. I will always tie this game to you haha. The only reason I didn't cancel is my distro is also my buddy and I didn't think it was right to cancel.

I'm happy you stayed in the game and it looks like the wait will be worth it. Congrats, man.

#518 3 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Hey get a room you two LOL :p

It was starting to get a little creepy!

#520 3 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

My distributer is waiting a week before taking his shipment. I'm on his first shipment though. Is the signature under the clear?

The signature should be under the clear on the LE model only. Premiums do not (purposely) have signatures on the playfield.

#608 3 years ago

October should be a busy month for domestic Premiums and deliveries. I know I'll be anxiously checking emails and/or hoping that "Ohio Number" shows up on my caller ID. I'd like to install these Ghostbusters mods I have that are spread out all over the place as well.

#635 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

The Premiums shipped to Australia were made and shipped months ago, right? The playfields sure sound like they were just continuations and extras of the LE playfield run. It shouldn't really be a surprise then if those games have the same issues as the LEs, right?

I believe Premium playfields that went overseas were stamped June or July. The more recent batch of playfields being used for domestic Premiums are stamped September and have yet to show any issues.

#756 3 years ago

Still waiting on my Premium. Anyone else kind of feel after reading these threads for so long it's as if you've actually owned the machine for months?

#777 3 years ago

I'm noticing playfield dates are either hand written or stamped. The most recent playfields (after Sept 20) seem to be stamped. I'm curious if this is a difference in manufacturers where one manufacturer hand writes the "born on" date and the other stamps that date. Anyone have any ideas on this?

#780 3 years ago

I don't know that it makes a difference. Just curious if it's 2 manufacturers or all in the same. Maybe the guy who shows up late for work gets the marker and everyone else uses the stamp, lol.

#818 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Don't cross the streams is going to be a second video mode in the next code update

How do we know this and is there an ETA on said code update? Thanks.

1 week later
#959 3 years ago

So with Expo behind us is anyone due for delivery on their GB Premium this week?

#961 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I have heard they weren't building anymore Premiums till next week. Would love to be wrong.

Sounds about right to me. Halloween (October 31st) was my "over/under" that I set months ago. I'm hoping it's "the under". Spoke with my distributor at Expo and he told me "before the end of the month."

#965 3 years ago

I don't know why but mentally "November delivery" depresses me, lol. I'm hoping for end of the month of October.

#982 3 years ago

Talked to my distro about my GBLE, was told Stern is waiting on a fresh batch of playfield's & my game will be built as soon as they come in.

Did your distributor happen to mention when the next batch of playfields are expected to arrive at Stern?

#1000 3 years ago

The longer I wait for delivery of my Premium the more expensive this pin is becoming. Since I can't play yet I find myself buying mods every couple weeks to satisfy my craving. On my way to Pinball Life right now for lollipop rails

#1002 3 years ago

Who would have thought that my Cubs would get to the World Series before my GB Premium was ready for delivery?!

In all seriousness (and not to get off topic) I'm so happy that after 41 years on this earth I'm about to witness something that hasn't been seen by many in their lifetime. Go Cubs!!!

#1015 3 years ago

I'm not saying I believe (or don't believe) regarding the October playfield issues on the above mentioned Premium but pics of the playfield and the stamped playfield date would be helpful in validating that story. Is it possible the owner thinks it's an October playfield simply because he/she took delivery in October?

Regardless it seems that the more recent playfields have certainly reduced or possibly eliminated the amount of playfield defects in comparison to the earlier builds. I don't know that it's fair to make a general assumption based on what is only hearsay at this point. Again, it may be true...it may be false...it may be a mistake by the owner...who knows until the story is substantiated? In any event, I don't think there is need to panic here.

#1017 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

whose playfield are you talking about? my playfield is stamped the 24th or the 26th, i dont remember which one.. i have ghosting on the tobin insert.
Playfields were made by two different companies... a company up here in wisconsin, which produced all of the ghosted playfields, and the regular playfield company Stern normally uses in Chicago....

I was referring to the playfield that was supposedly stamped in October and mentioned in the "Stern Are You Serious?" thread. Some comments about this where made a few posts prior.

#1049 3 years ago

Picking up my Premium tomorrow at Stern!

#1053 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Please ask lots of questions ,
Let us know pf date etc .
Man just flat out ask who makes the pfs, for all.of us .

I was told by my distributor that my Premium was made this week. I'll update tomorrow afternoon or evening.

#1077 3 years ago

Picked up GB today. The machine was born today with playfield date of 10/14. Everything looks great. Not playing until my Cliffy shooter lane pieces arrive.

20161027_164951 (resized).jpg
20161027_163316 (resized).jpg
20161027_163229 (resized).jpg
20161027_163447 (resized).jpg
20161027_163450 (resized).jpg
20161027_163207 (resized).jpg

#1080 3 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

Did you order through a distributor? If so, who?

I pre-ordered in March through Trent at Tilt Amusements in Ohio.

#1086 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

So what did they say about the playfields ????
Is it true Churchill is back ?
Are they fixed ?

I didn't talk to anyone that would know any details about the playfield manufacturing. Sorry I couldn't help there.

#1096 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I am huge proponent of lollipop side rails. Has anyone added these? Did you go with standard rails, upgraded stern rails or powder coded? I want to see the upgraded stern ones on a machine but I guess no one is as crazy as me to consider buying them.

I ordered lollipop rails from Pinball Life. I will post pics of those as they are simply black powdercoat but look nice.

1 week later
#1286 3 years ago

It's been 2 weeks since I picked up my Premium with playfield date of 10/14 and manufacture date of 10/27. I have ZERO ghosting or chipping anywhere at this point with over 200 plays. I did install Cliffys in shooter lane and the drain before I put one game on it. Very happy with my machine. Just wanted to check in at the 2 week mark with an update.

#1305 3 years ago

1.11 code has no weak left flipper issue on my GB Premium. Machine was tested during league night that just ended.

1 week later
#1396 3 years ago

Is it me or is bringing in the right outlane post much more involved in comparison to the left post? It looks like pieces are coming off just to get the clearance to remove the post or am I overthinking this?

7 months later
#1802 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

My game has a playfield date of October 2016 and it doesn't have any ghosting. If I'm not mistaken the playfields that were made from October on have been pretty good but I'm not 100% certain on that so don't take my word on it. Sorry to hear about your bad luck, that really sucks.

October 2016 Playfield on my Premium as well and it's perfect. No ghosting anywhere.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
6,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, ME
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Terra Ceia, FL
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stpcore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside