IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1272 Cliffs install instructions for GB Posted by Cliffy (7 years ago)

Post #1359 Photos of the Stern upgraded side rails installed Posted by SilverballNut (7 years ago)

Post #1739 details on the "mystery coils" located in the backbox Posted by chucksmith (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparechange1974.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#625 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

I'm still waiting to hear from others if they are having problems with the ball getting stuck bouncing around the left upper pop and the Gozer rings, and if they have figured out a solution. That's probably the most frustrating thing for me right now. I've got to shake the machine to break it free sometimes, otherwise I don't know how long it would get stuck there...
(Green triangle in photo)

I've read about one other on here that had that same issue, but I don't recall a resolution for the issue. The ball spends an incredible amount of time in the pops on this game, I grow impatient at times waiting for it to come down so I can make the next shot. I've not had any issues where its in a long term or near permanent hold pattern though.

#785 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Does anyone know what this pulsing sound is between the 13 sec and 16 sec mark in he video??? I hear it a lot. It can be anywhere from a few to several beeps randomly occurring throughout the game. It seems out of place. There are higher pitched pulsing sounds but I can see where those are linked to a mode timing out.
» YouTube video

I believe these are audio notifications to timers on modes/shots when you're running out of time. I think the insert typically starts flashing a little faster on the corresponding area was well.

#792 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

So far everything seems to be working perfectly *except* the right ramp. Yargh. I get a lot of rejects. I tried taking out the metal bracket and adjusting the top hole to try and angle it to the right more but I don't think it helped much. Lots of balls get to the top of the ramp and then fall back down. I know this has been addressed but I don't remember where. I tried a different rubber in case it's ball spin but still plenty of rejects.

The problem seems to be with the trajectory of the ball in that much of the momentum is taken away by it ricocheting on the metal sides at first on the way up. I've done what others have(Captain Neo I believe) which is bend the right side metal bracket to be flush with plastic instead of having a gap. It's easy, just needed to remove wire form and two two screws at bottom of ramp. I also took a bit of height(by grinding it down) off the standoff holding the ramp up while I was there. I haven't had enough games to tell you it's an absolute fix, only that it appears to make a difference. I'm believe I'm now getting extra balls off hitting the PKE ramp due to making the shot consistently which hasn't happened before, but need more time playing.

Whats interesting is that if you throw the ball up manually at a different angle than from the flipper, it doesn't take much to get up there.

First pics is before bend and last two are after

IMG_0350 (resized).JPGIMG_0350 (resized).JPG
IMG_0372 (resized).JPGIMG_0372 (resized).JPG
IMG_0374 (resized).JPGIMG_0374 (resized).JPG

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 weeks later
#1110 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

How are the scoreli protectors going to fit?! My targets are tight as hell in the pf holes.

I was looking at the drops as well. Will be tough to fit a piece of paper in there, let alone a piece of metal. I've been thinking that the area needs something in my opinion(over time there will be issues), but thinking drops will have to changed/modified in order to fit.

Any thoughts on what to do here?

IMG_0455 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_0455 (2) (resized).JPG

#1111 7 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

The protectors are thin and should sit very flush. Just got them in the mail from Cliffy yesterday.

Interested on how they fit, please let us know. Would love to put a set on mine.

2 months later
#1716 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

I decided to look closely at this as I had to work on the machine. At 240fps, I was able to capture on my phone a pretty good airball that went straight over the target toward the ramp and got airborn, hit the ramp, and bounced out on the playfield. It did seem that the Cliffy was the cause in this case. I'm going to tinker with the height of the drop target and pitch to make to a bit smoother.

I definately had to re-level mine after install of the Scoleri Protectors. For those who haven't done it before, there's quick adjust screws(2) right on bottom of each drop target mount. I don't think the game would play well without making sure those drops are flush

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
10,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, MA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparechange1974.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info?tu=sparechange1974 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.