IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1272 Cliffs install instructions for GB Posted by Cliffy (7 years ago)

Post #1359 Photos of the Stern upgraded side rails installed Posted by SilverballNut (7 years ago)

Post #1739 details on the "mystery coils" located in the backbox Posted by chucksmith (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rooky79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#264 7 years ago

I got a text earlier in the week that my GB Prem has left the Stern factory and is on route to the docks. Loving it

#266 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Great to hear
Let us know if you got a good one .

Will do chief. Gonna take a couple days annual leave. One to dial it in with the guru, fix up any issues and add the lane extenders, centre post and airballs plastic and one day with a box of beer and give it a good hiding with as many games as possible and see what happens.

If there are playfield issues? Fuck it. I'll rinse it out until there's a fix

No point crying over spilt cash and cosmetics

#287 7 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Any new reports of Premium's received and any ghosting/issues?
Our distributor confirmed ours have left Stern last Monday and are on their way! (Export models)

I've asked Kerry if he can find out the ships name so we can track it as I want to book off a couple days annual leave for it. If I find anything out I'll put it on the Pinball New Zealand Facebook page

#374 7 years ago

If you picked yours up today then should be arriving in Auckland soon!

Have fun with it mate. Sick day tomorrow innit? *cough cough*

#473 7 years ago

I posted this in another GB thread but an Aussie distro unboxed a premium for a customer and had JT signature. Not sure if it's an old LE playfield or just a mistake

Who knows

#611 7 years ago

Got the call on Saturday that even though mine left the factory, the container was only half full so they had to wait to fill it. Should get a round about delivery date in the next couple days. All good though. Extra curing time (that's what I'm telling myself lol)

#738 7 years ago

Grr fuck man, mine was sat in Auckland docks delivered yesterday. Stupid customs/MAF screening *grumble grumble*

#740 7 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

So you got it delivered yesterday or still waiting?
Prob take another week for ours to get down here...

Na hasn't been delivered yet. Dunno if it's at the office or still at the docks. Was hoping today so me and Kerrycan dial it in and sort out issues, add protectors etc.

If not, dunno when we'll get round to it. I'm off shooting guns next weekend down Palmy

#788 7 years ago

This thread has just been kicked off.

Maybe worth checking, maybe not?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attn-ghost-busters-owner

#845 7 years ago

Mine should be delivered today weather dependant and it's supposed to have showers today. Wish me luck boys!

#880 7 years ago

Unboxed mine yesterday. PF date of 23-Aug-16. No issues out of the box. Raised slimer a touch as he was scraping the left side. Still scrapes over the captive ball metal but Mylar is on that.

Few airballs, the airball plastic I got cut needs trimming. I will trim it and put it on.

Dimples (normal) are there.

Funny thing is this. I haven't put the lane extenders on yet. I haven't had one single cheap drain from a lane hop? Had a few SDTM though from the flipper gap. I am going to put the centre post in.

Kept 1.05 code in for now.

Bad news is 15 games in and where the ball ejects into the shooter lane, there is some CC cracking. Took pictures and put Mylar on it. Fuck it I don't care. I'll wait o see if there's any other problems first.

Question for you tech boys; I want to try out the new code but want to keep 1.05 in case I don't like it. How do I back up 1.05 and is it possible to rollback once updated to 1.10 if I want to?

Cheers

#906 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

and so it begins.....

Exact sane place where mine started. I put Mylar on it and it's stopped it from going any further.

Hey my slimer is fine on the left side but drags on the black metal captive ball cover. I've mylared it but just wondering if there's a fix. I don't want to raise him too high else I'm worried he'll be too high for the ball to register a hit?

#915 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I wouldn't worry about it. I raised mine up a bit and there is no issue with registering hits.

How did you raise him up mate?

#923 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

From earlier in this thread:

Cheers for that.

Don't really want to start bending arms about though.

I undid the hex screw to raise him up a bit but there's no way that it will raise him enough to stop dragging on the captive ball metal. He's really low on the right side. Good news is there's no metal nut dragging on the metal, just slimer. Although that might start having paint or whatever start rubbing off him

Does anyone know if there's a switch in adjustments to move him in and out to test it when I try to lift him up?

#926 7 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

If it makes you feel any better, I had to bend the arm on my one. After unscrewing the grub screw, the arm wouldn't budge. No other way around it.
Its not as bad as it sounds. Just be careful and brace the point where the bars join when you bend the Slimer end of the arm upwards. the metal is quite thick, not much chance of breaking it off.
There is a Slimer test in the menu utilities, where you can test the position and swing of the arm. You can also use a pinball and roll it up to Slimer to see if you have the right height.
Mine swings perfectly now and doesn't touch a thing.
Cheers

How's yours looking by the way? All good?

I Might see if I can raise the arm any more. Mine moved all good and hopefully I could go some more from that then re-evaluate

Cheers

2 weeks later
#1140 7 years ago

Hey guys I'm going to post this in a couple GB threads. I'd appreciate the help

So something weird happened yesterday.

On Saturday, I updated to 1.10 and played a bunch of games and noticed quite a few bugs

Last night I had a few games and I noticed the left flipper sometimes when I pressed it would stay up.

Any ideas on what this could be?

1 week later
#1255 7 years ago
Quoted from haunted1:

[Image/post mismatch]
I normally call stern but they are closed and I am hoping for help.
My game has gone into locating pinballs and the flippers are not working. If I press the button the Dmd reacts, so the switchs at the buttons are working. If I tap the button repeatedly, they might flip once every once and again. The lower inserts are not lighting.
I have replaced the node board twice due to the flippers sticking up(fixes by putting tape over theback of LED above the left scout where t was shorting out).
Any help would be apprecited.

My left flipper is sticking up too. I tried to recreate it and when it stuck up, I switched off the power and it stayed up so looks like mines mechanical and not electrical thank Christ. The flipper backstop (if that's what it's called) has wiggle in it and it should be solid so hoping it's that

#1260 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Check inside your cabinet and see if there is "Gold dust" My ST flippers were sticking up and it was the flipper coil stops, good to see Stern has fixed them

Phil Ward is coming over today to have a look. All part of the NIB service up here

#1302 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Unfortunately it was just a bug fix basically ....but hey something is better than nothing .

I know what you mean but a bug fix is good. Feel bad for the KISS boys they must be spewin'

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 103.00
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rooky79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info?tu=rooky79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.