IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1272 Cliffs install instructions for GB Posted by Cliffy (7 years ago)

Post #1359 Photos of the Stern upgraded side rails installed Posted by SilverballNut (7 years ago)

Post #1739 details on the "mystery coils" located in the backbox Posted by chucksmith (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ramegoom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1133 7 years ago

I've been waiting for my PRE with the target in September, then October, now November, but I really don't mind, even if I need to wait until after the first of the year, as issues (and software updates) are being addressed.

My logic is, the longer I wait, the better the product. That is, until a new machine gets introduced - then I'll wish I got on board with the latest creation.

Nah, I'll wait.

2 weeks later
#1319 7 years ago

Took delivery yesterday. Filled the right side card holder with this one:
GB-card1 (resized).jpgGB-card1 (resized).jpg

#1324 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd put the actual Ghostbusters number (1-800-555-2368) instead of the "I ain't afraid of no ghosts" part. Make it look like a calling/business card.

How's this?
GB-card-phone2 (resized).jpgGB-card-phone2 (resized).jpg

#1332 7 years ago

Actually came real close to the factory color. The image I posted above was the actual jpg image and I printed it on heavy paper on a laser, came out almost perfect with that yellow. I have a base jpg image with no printing, maybe your image could be added?

#1335 7 years ago

New machine arrived Monday. After playing several games, I have these observations:

Left and right drains need some serious tweaking.

SDTM is the easiest shot ever.

Airballs seem to have increased the more games I play.

I plan to slightly revise the guide placement on the left and right drains.

To counteract the SDTM, I removed my tilt mechanism, put nylon glides on the legs, and now when it's heading dead center, I quickly slide the machine to either side, directing the ball to one of the flippers. Works for me.

Now for the airballs...hmmm.

#1337 7 years ago

I'm thinking rather than raise the guide, it would make more sense to slightly relocate it to narrow the opening. Or, add an additional guide beside it, on the inside, to narrow the space a bit. Just enough for a ball to slip in, but not too large.

I'm picturing another identical guide laying next to the original...maybe there's enough room to do it, time to experiment.

The airballs seem to happen all over the playfield, landing the ball on top of some of the plastic props, bouncing all over the lanes, etc. Seems it's a ball-speed issue more than anything.

The center post - I'm not convinced yet.

1 week later
#1454 7 years ago

I did a little more than "bump" the outlanes, but it works nicely. Getting some grief from other forum members for drilling holes in the playfield though. Owell...

This mod reduces the sucker drains quite a bit, but the ball will still drain when hit directly. Happy player here.
outlane_rails_modification (resized).jpgoutlane_rails_modification (resized).jpg

#1456 7 years ago

Sure did. Hey, when you do it right, there's no downside.

#1470 7 years ago

Lane hops are one thing, but the relentless out-lane-ball-drain-game-killer is an entirely different issue. Yes, I drilled my playfield (I'm an engineer and build cars among other things) and I'm not intimidated in modifying anything, especially a pinball machine. It was done with precision and a great deal of forethought.

Drilling my playfield with those four evil 3/16" holes actually helped the ball drain issue considerably. And it certainly won't drop the value by $500 (as one pinsider put it). That's funny.

SO NOW

The game is "funner" to play. Just my two cents worth.

#1510 7 years ago

I had the same problem with airballs jumping over, and went ahead and tried the bump trick. Then I thought about what might happen.

With regard to bumping the outlane rails: I would advise against it. The playfield is roughly 1/2" thick, and the rails are set the entire depth of the thickness. You will need at least a good 1/4 inch rise over factory location. But. By bumping them even 1/4 inch, you are weakening the hold on the rail and if hit hard enough, run the chance of chipping or damaging the playfield at the drilled hole. Then you're in trouble.

Just my opinion.

#1513 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

That's what I'm thinking, has to be another way to accomplish this. Would have been so easy for Stern to make them taller to start with.

See post #1454. My solution to the problem.

#1519 7 years ago

Actually I just like to bust balls---like this guy ^^

#1542 7 years ago

Looking for a code hacker who can edit the code and remove the "OK, who brought the dog" and swap it with "Nice Shot". Top dollar paid. Enquire within.

1 month later
#1740 7 years ago

With the capacitors on the solder tabs above, they act as what's known as "L-C" filters. High frequency noise that travels within the wiring is removed with them. Likely prevents unwanted resets or switch noise.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ramegoom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info?tu=ramegoom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.