IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1272 Cliffs install instructions for GB Posted by Cliffy (7 years ago)

Post #1359 Photos of the Stern upgraded side rails installed Posted by SilverballNut (7 years ago)

Post #1739 details on the "mystery coils" located in the backbox Posted by chucksmith (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinscott.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 7 years ago

For now, I am keeping my order. However I will postpone if Stern does not respond to this issue in a positive way, i.e., playfield swaps for affected machines. The size of this problem dictates they announce something soon or they will lose customers, at least this one.

3 months later
#1322 7 years ago

Just got notified myself - game will hopefully arrive by this Friday. March order date so I've had plenty of time to accumulate mods & protectors. Time to do some site prep!

1 week later
#1434 7 years ago

I expected perfection from FedEx as well. Apparently that isn't always the case. Thankfully no damage was done to the machine, but my heart dropped when I saw this.

Box damage (resized).jpgBox damage (resized).jpg

#1438 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Did you make the driver wait while you opened it and inspected for damage?

You better believe I did.

He moved the box into my garage and then waited while I opened it and inspected. He was a very calm person but also a little too nonchalant about the entire issue. My guess is he has seen plenty of people blow their stack in his day. I did clue him in on the cost of these toys so that he could appreciate my tension.

I documented the issue on the bill of lading in case other problems surfaced and he contacted his office. If there was damage, it would have been a huge letdown but I wasn't concerned about coverage because of FedEx and Cointaker.

The funny thing is that while inspecting the game, I discussed pinball with the driver and I really believe he was hoping I would play a few games in the garage prior to signing off!

#1442 7 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

I would have went BALLISTIC!!!!!!!

Trust me, I was ready to. But I've been there/done that multiple times and it typically makes matters worse. The driver knew I was pissed and was quick to point out he didn't cause the damage or see it happen.

Should I have rejected it upon first sight? Clearly an option. I decided to inspect because it appeared the box damage was not caused by the game falling over and I was prepared to reject if there was any hint of game damage. Risky and unwise perhaps, fortunately it worked in my favor.

#1503 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

How do I fix the 2x,3x target airballs? Do I need to remove the targets pull out the black foam and put something thicker?

You can do that, but I shimmed the target by lifting the playfield, loosening the two screws that secure the target, and then placing a narrow piece of .020" styrene between the PF and target bracket. This will angle the target forward. The foam was not touched.

#1516 7 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Can the switch bracket just be bent?

Yes, but you have to remove them to do that and the amount of bend is difficult to control. Effect is the same.

#1560 7 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Anybody else having issues with Slimer going out of calibration mid game. He will swing all the way to his right (playfield left). Once this happens you can't start a game and have to power off and back on and he will reset. On code 1.11

I had an issue where the two mechanism pulleys were out of alignment and causing frequent calibrations. Posted my fix in the GB Issues thread.

2 weeks later
#1628 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Now has anyone put PDI or invisiglass on their game and does it help a lot? I imagine it would but hate the $300 price tag on the glass, wish there was a better low cost option.

I took the sheet of PDI off my TAF and it makes a big difference. PDI glass is one of the best mods available IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

15,699 (OBO)
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinscott.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info?tu=pinscott and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.