IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1272 Cliffs install instructions for GB Posted by Cliffy (7 years ago)

Post #1359 Photos of the Stern upgraded side rails installed Posted by SilverballNut (7 years ago)

Post #1739 details on the "mystery coils" located in the backbox Posted by chucksmith (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Man.....crickets on the premiumsame shipping. Anyone hear anything?

GB LE back on the line this week after parts shortages (I'm assuming playfields), so at least two weeks of that before they get to Premiums, assuming they don't run into more bad playfields again. So probably the end of August for Premiums to start rolling out, at the earliest.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I was golf end of August as well

Touch typist? Golf=told.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

As Stern are refusing to acknowledge the playfield issues with the LE, how many people have or are considering cancelling their premium orders?
I'm getting close....
There's been no guarantee given that these machines wont be from the same batch!

I don't see how Stern can guarantee or even address anything publicly on this ongoing issue now. I think it will take a long time before they even understand what the root problem is (insert material change? clearcoat change? process change? cure time change? who knows?).

Essentially, if you're buying a GB LE you should be comfortable with the idea of swapping the playfield yourself since when you get the ghosting, you're not getting a populated exchange. Based on what's gone down so far, at best you get a playfield to swap yourself, which is kind of sad for an $8500 machine. I was ticked when I had to do one for a new ~$3500 simpsons back in the day.

1 month later
#498 7 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Proper Hot Wheels Ecto 1. $7.00
In place where it should be at the firehouse at the pf artwork

I'd probably put it over the ramp entrance on a custom piece of plastic, heading up the ramp. Would look like it's leaving the firehouse, and the plastic it's on would also stop airballs. 2 in 1 solution, plus it makes sense thematically since the ramp is a "road".

#564 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

You can buy perfect made airball protectors for 20 bucks. looks great i got mine https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/38920

I'm just not a fan of the shape of this one.

1 month later
#1266 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I feel like a complete jackass........but gotta ask.
Trying to install the cliffy's on my premium. Just undid the two screws underneath the hooks that the apron is screwed into.
Apron still won't budge. Took a look around, can't see anything.
HELP! LOL

Lift your instruction and price cards off.

#1314 7 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

My Premium was delivered last Wednesday.
After 85 games:
- Playfield looks great, no ghosting no chipping, no problems
- Game is fast and a ton of fun
- V 1.11 installed and haven't seen any issues
- My air ball preventer didn't quite last 80 games
+ The ball made contact with the preventer after initial installation
+ Installed a washer at the two mounting points across the ramp to add clearance
- Switch at top of the left ramp needed to be adjusted
- Slingshot switches needed to be adjusted
- Plastic shim that Tony Scoleri target latches onto snapped after 60 games
+ Still using factory springs
+ Fabricated new shim out of a spare piece of plexi
Overall impression is this is a beautiful game that is fast and fun to play. I see this game as a keeper.

That shouldn't have happened to the airball protector if it was made from PETG. Are they made from acrylic?

On the scoleri target are you talking about the little angled shelf the drop target hangs on when it's in the "up" position? That's the same one that was obliterated on a game of thrones I worked on. Stern thinned them to save money. They don't hold up. <- pun intended

#1320 7 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Took delivery yesterday. Filled the right side card holder with this one:

I'd put the actual Ghostbusters number (1-800-555-2368) instead of the "I ain't afraid of no ghosts" part. Make it look like a calling/business card.

#1331 7 years ago

If you do your layout with a white background, you can get the "right" paper for a Stern yellow at FedEx office to make "official" looking cards once printed. Trying to match that yellow with CMYK on a printer is a lost cause.

I was thinking something along these lines:
Ghostbusters - Free Play Card (resized).jpgGhostbusters - Free Play Card (resized).jpg

#1366 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

When a game ships directly from Stern do most people get an email from their distro saying its shipping or do they just get a call from the shipper before it is delivered?

I've always got a call or email from the distributor giving me the tracking information for the shipper.

1 week later
#1437 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I ordered last May and my dealer is now saying it may not be delivered until after the new year. Is that timeline consistent with what others are hearing?
I'm glad so many games seem to be shipping at this point and no recent talk of playfield problems. Can't wait to join the club!

Who was the dealer? That's not normal. Stern is almost completely caught up on GB Premiums, so yours should have come weeks ago.

#1447 7 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I ordered my GB Premium back in August. I haven't heard anything yet. I Stern really caught up with Premiums?

Some distributors are delivering orders that were made only a few weeks ago, so I'd say they're close to caught up with the backorders that are sold, at least.

#1481 7 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

I ordered a Premium from a reputable distributor (at least according to Pinside) back in May. In the last two or three months, I've called them a handful of times (to get an update on when my game will ship). Each time the response is something like "should be in the next one to two weeks". Then they get a batch in, and there aren't enough Premiums to fill all their orders, or they get a batch in that contains everything but GB, or whatever. After 7 months, I still don't have my game and I'm scratching my head as to why my distributor can't give me more concrete information. Apparently, they know they're going to get some games, but they don't know exactly what they're going to get, or when they're going to get it. Is that normal? This is the first time I've ordered a NIB game from a distributor.

I'd check around with other distributors and you should be able to find one that can fill within 1-3 weeks now. I know of at least one that has stock ready to go. Then call yours and tell him you need it in 7-10 days or you want a refund. Stern is shipping out a bunch more now from what I heard, so all the major dists should be getting more very soon.

What distributor did you buy from?

#1485 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Can someone please send me the 1.05 premium file?

Stern link to GB Prem/LE 1.05 isn't on their site, but it still works:
http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/ghostbusters_le-1_05.spk

#1489 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Cool txs. I'm gonna switch back tonight. Hopefully 1.12 is imminent.

What's wrong with 1.11?

#1496 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

OK,here's one for ya_ I've also been waiting since May for my GB/PRe! Dealer finally said it was shipped last friday!Got a call yesterday from them to say,they got the pin back from the shippers,cause Stern called and said a board of some kind was faulty,and did they want to reinstall it,or,send it to me to reinstall? SO,I had them do it and they said delivery by the 16 for sure! Well'see!!!

That's a weird story. Was this a widespread problem with a board? How would Stern know it was bad enroute to you? Who was the dist?

2 weeks later
#1618 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Getting My game today.
What setting did someone suggest for the ball trough kick out to be set at instead of the max setting?
Also, can I adjust the brightness level of the those bright A$$ flashers on top of the playfield or even adjust all of the lights on the game?
Thanks

There's a flasher power "low" option in the setup. Unfortunately, I don't think there's an option like JJP has for 4 or 5 levels of insert brightness. All you get is retina-searing mode for the inserts.

#1621 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Thanks. Set my new game up last night and it still has 1.05 installed. Wonder why they didn't install 1.11

Probably because 1.05 has less issues with weird bugs than 1.11. But go to the 1.12 thread and get the stealth release of 1.12. It solves the main problems with 1.11. The only thing you lose is magna sling adjustment, which they took out after 1.05.

1 week later
#1643 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

My Premium came with an LE pf signed by John Trudeau. The pf has handwritten on the side in sharpie 11-22 and a hand written sticker on the bottom that says Harold L-E 4 and another hand written sticker on the top that says Display Premium.
Anyone think I should put mylar over the signature?

The signatures are under the clear, right? I can't imagine it will wear enough to affect them.

#1648 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

It looks like it's on top. Guess I need to really inspect it but I am too afraid to even touch it.

Pretty sure they sign them before they're cleared. If you shine an LED flashlight at an angle, you can see if the ink is on top or underneath the clear. Pretty sure it's under.

#1650 7 years ago

I went a different way with the airball protector for GB Premium I'm setting up (i.e. bulletproofing) for a buddy to put on his route. This is my second version, which is a first version trimmed to allow more headroom for the ball heading up the ramp (so the inside cut was by hand and is not pretty). Works really well - no airballs since install. I'll refine it a little more before I make the real one, but if anyone else is trying this, I'm connecting to the post adjacent to the ramp on the right rather than crossing over. I just had to replace the screw in the post with a threaded-top post. Works great.

version1 (resized).jpgversion1 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1687 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm picking up my premium sometime this week. I want to buy some protectors for the shooter lane and drain hole, but I don't see these on Cliffy's site.

Just ask for his complete Ghostbusters protector set. It's like ~$90 shipped and has the shooter lane, ball trough, drop targets, and two rollover switch protectors for where the ball drops in.

#1698 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Hey all I just got a storage facility multi ball and over the course of it, it added 2 more balls for a total of 5. Does anyone know how you get balls added to the multi ball? I can't figure out how it's done

You hit the "add a ball" from the captive ball that only lights up during multiball OR you got three "add a ball" from the pop bumper slot machine. If you look at the inserts, below the captive ball, you'll notice one is "add a ball".

#1702 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

The Add a ball is on the left scoop right?

Light the Add a Ball at the captive ball during multi-ball, collect it at the librarian scoop.

#1709 7 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Playfield date Dec 14 Machine born on date Dec 29th...I thought they coosed the factory between Christmas and New years. Guess not...

They were definitely working since I talked to people there a few times in that period.

2 weeks later
#1721 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Getting close to pulling the trigger on a GB Premium. Do the playfield issues seemed to be fixed now for the most part? I haven't heard near as many issues lately doesn't seem like as what I was hearing when the game first came out. I know there have been a handful of issues with games here lately....there will always be a bad one here and there no matter what, but does it seem to be pretty safe to buy now?

Zero playfield issues on the Dec 2016 one we got in. Had a coil die after a couple weeks and Stern sent a new one. That's the extent of problems with it so far.

That said, DEFINITELY get a protector for the left ramp standup targets and the outlanes immediately, though. The crazy amount of airballs on a stock machine are bad for playfields.

#1723 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Thanks. It's impossible to watch the dot matrix so I been watching others while they play and never caught the poppers giving that. My buddy just got 9B on the machine. That's a heck of a score.

That's a pretty awesome score. Best I've been able to manage is 6.7B.

#1726 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That's awesome. I love GB, can't wait to get one and play the hell out of it. What's considered a good score? I got 2 billion on one a few weeks ago, but that's probably nothing spectacular I'm sure lol.

Top 10 high scores on pinside:
https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/ghostbuster-premium-le/scores

Are currently 2.6B to 9.2B, with most in the 2.6-6b range.

#1733 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

But those all appear to be on older code, so they aren't valid if you are running 1.13.

Given that 1.13 just came out this week, that's no surprise, give it time. Most of the high scores are 1.11-1.12.

#1736 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

A few questions for Premium owners of recently built games (Dec 2016 forward).
I was groping that some of the bugs may have been worked out with the LEs and initial premiums.
Any playfield issues? I'm assuming the PFs are now from a different company. Is that correct?
What cliffy protectors are included?
Does the game have the metal rail protector across from the trough eject? Pics anyone?
Any unresolved issues still showing up on the newer games?
Thanks
Chris

No playfield issues with the one we got, but you might want to check the build date. All LEs are probably the "bad" playfield run. Nov-Dec built Premiums are probably okay.

They come with zero cliffys. In fact, the one protector at the librarian scoop that's like a cliffy is just a naked ripoff of his work. Trough eject has no metal protector in the lane. Needs a cliffy there, too. A complete GB cliffy set is a hair under $100 shipped from cliff.

We had no issues with the one we got except that a coil on the subway failed. Stern sent a replacement right away.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.95
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.