Topic Stats

• 1,815 posts
  • 246 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by capguntrooper
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 328 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5380 (resized).JPG
IMG_5378 (resized).JPG
pic5 (resized).jpg
pic7 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4984 (resized).JPG
IMG_5327 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
drop2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1272 Cliffs install instructions for GB Posted by Cliffy (3 years ago)

Post #1359 Photos of the Stern upgraded side rails installed Posted by SilverballNut (3 years ago)

Post #1739 details on the "mystery coils" located in the backbox Posted by chucksmith (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#701 3 years ago

two?

#702 3 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I know you guys are saying the issue is not fixed, we have seen one or two domestic premiums with shooter lane kick out issues. That's not the "issue" are there any domestic premiums that have shown ghosting?
Thanks.

I think both the clear cracking and the ghosting are both issues albeit two issues.

#713 3 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

:(Well, that makes me more worried... Same playfield date as mine. So far I only have the shooter lane issue. but I feel like it's just a matter of time.
I guess I'll just play the hell out of it and see what happens...

Best way to deal with it...They are meant to be played and I think they will take swap these out once they figure the cause of the problems.

#717 3 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Anyone know are they sending out replacement populated play fields or bare play fields? The last thing I want to do is have to populate the replacement play field after spending 7K!

The rumor is populated playfields if approved by Stern that your playfield qualifies sometime starting after Jan 1st, 2017.

#723 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

It's odd that it's January now because I was told by Gary October and I believe kpg was as well.

Probably pushed back to make sure there playfield issue is fixed....since Sept 8th playfields are still having confirmed issues it's my opinion they do not have the problem solved as of yet pushing back the swap date. Hey they don't want to swap a playfield twice now do they.

#724 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Still waiting on my GBLE to be made and shipped here.. I got impatient and bought an STLE, now I'm low on room and have TBL and GBLE coming. I may have to make some hard decisions

Yeah that is crazy. Congrats on the STLE though. Maybe they have run out of LE playfields and are making a new one for you with no issues!

#726 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Got my prem today.
Put Mylar on the shooter lane and ball drop into the trough, until cliffs get here.
Anyone have a corner like this? It was on the front.

Kinda funny that the QC stamp is right next to that. Not a big deal in my book since nobody will ever see it. Is the structural integrity alright?

#732 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I haven't really stressed the corner, but when I wiggled it, the seem paint moved a little but didn't seem bad?

Well it is good you took a picture maybe forward it to your distributor in case it fails later on or give them a call about it stating your concerns then play on my friend...congratulations on a great game!

#822 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Don't cross the streams is going to be a second video mode in the next code update

I took it more that they are going to release the proton stream add on pack to fill those outlane holes.

2 weeks later
#1126 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

my chrome Premium

Looks good!

#1170 3 years ago

If the clear is cracking in the shooter lane at less then 100 plays it surely is an indication that the playfields are probably going to suffer bigger durability issues. Playfields with decent shooter lanes are indicaters that the playfields are relatively resistant to damage. My RCT shooter lane and outhole is in fantastic shape after all this time as well as the playfield. When I owned TSPP the shooter lane was in fantastic condition when I sold it. I personally do not care what the shooter lane looks like cosmetically within reason but if it indicates future problems down the road then yes I am concerned. It will be something everyone checks when buying games from these manufactured time periods in the future by informed buyers as well as the unseen out hole.

#1174 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

remember, those are white star games. different setup in the ball feed system. Spike and SAM systems I think are harder on the playfield on how they extrude the ball.

The outholes are the same...I think the clear is the problem but the shooter lanes could be a combo of both the clear problems and harder ejects.

#1199 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't think they are. My LOTR doesn't have chipping or crushed in the shooter lane but my AC/DC and TF do. I think the system is different. The ball fires hardcore on my SAM systems ,and not so much on my whitestar games. I think the top of the exit has changed. Where it's directing the ball more up and then downward instead of out to the wall.

I was just saying that there is chipping in the outholes or ball drain underneath the apron leading me to believe the clear has changed or the process or something. That's what I was referring to as the same.

#1200 3 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

bwaahahahahaa, no just forgot that I had that mod on there as well. I know I will take a hit for opening it and putting a couple of hundred plays on it. but figured with the cliffy's, the speakerlights and acrylics, and the PBL centerpost/rail protector thingy's, that I might be able to break pretty close to even with the current demand higher than the current supply. plus, I have one of the non-issue playfields with what seems to be an exceptional clear coat. (one of the nicest I have seen out of all my newer sterns.)
I really do want to love this pin, I love the theme and the artwork, the lighting, I just haven't been able to "fall in love" with the play of the machine.
ok, I broke down and did it. take a look, let me know if any questions.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/41294

Do you think your feelings would change at all when the code gets more polished (assuming it does) or do you mean the play of the physical layout of the machine? Just saying I wouldn't want you to regret saleing the game if down the road you did fall in love with it when the code is complete.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.99
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sunbury, PA
$ 29.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Allentown, PA
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside