Topic Stats

• 1,815 posts
  • 246 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by capguntrooper
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 328 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5380 (resized).JPG
IMG_5378 (resized).JPG
pic5 (resized).jpg
pic7 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4984 (resized).JPG
IMG_5327 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
drop2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1272 Cliffs install instructions for GB Posted by Cliffy (3 years ago)

Post #1359 Photos of the Stern upgraded side rails installed Posted by SilverballNut (3 years ago)

Post #1739 details on the "mystery coils" located in the backbox Posted by chucksmith (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1029 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Stern stopped using churchill presumably because Churchill started making jjp playfields and Stern got upset. They are now being made in by a company in Wisconsin that's involved in some type of coin op buisness.
It was a bad decision by stern and we are all receiving shitty playfields because of it.
Someone in the are you serious thread just mentioned stern is going back to Churchill but no proof of that yet.

I believe JJP uses Mirco in Germany for their playfields unless they recently switched. All JJP playfields for The Hobbit appear to use baltic birch (can tell by the multiple wood layers) which from what I read on here is a sign that the playfield was made in Europe as American made playfields typically use maple.

The rumors that I heard with the Stern playfields is that they hired a new company to make playfields that never made them before and that is why the issues are occurring. Whether or not they are still with that company (or ever were if that rumor is even true) remains to be seen. Since then I read here on Pinside that Stern has tried to make playfields in house.

Stern should just go back to Churchill as they are one of the few (maybe just two with Mirco) playfield manufacturers that have the process down to a science. If Stern was pissed that Churchill wanted more money per playfield (just speculating) then they should suck it up and pay them when Stern is increasing prices with every release.

3 weeks later
#1317 3 years ago
Quoted from DocOck:

Anyone order from GameRoomy Guys? I see on their website it says "In Stock" but a friend said they didn't get theirs yet? Was wondering if I ordered would it come in time by Xmas.

Haven't ordered from them but they seem like a good company from what I heard. I think they charge a bit more then the usual going rate for NIB games from what I've seen.

2 weeks later
#1544 2 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

BRUH, If you bought a brand new HD 4K TV and the buttons on the remote didn't work and you needed to put a book under the stand for the tv to sit upright you would take that POS back to the store and swap it out, can't really do that with a NIB pin. so imagine buying 5 4k HD TVs all at once and they didn't work. Am I asking for perfection? NO, but it damn well better work and be pretty close to perfection.

Yup. As prices of NIB games have continued to rise so have expectations for quality, value and code support being offered.

#1593 2 years ago
Quoted from Level3623:

300 games and my lower right vuk switch broke. My only other Stern is TSPP and it uses different vuk switches. Ordered a bunch and hoping I don't have to replace often.

I think Stern switched to a cheaper design for their switches in the latest games? Someone posted a picture of the new switch design a while back and said that it contains less metal parts then the older traditional switches which have been in games for years.

Nothing like adding cheaper parts and yet increasing prices...I'm sure Stern would put plastic balls in their games if they could get away with it, lol.

3 months later
#1791 2 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

The whole part of this that's just ridiculous to me is that we should NOT have to buy new springs to fix a game that should be working RIGHT FROM THE FACTORY

Absolutely. I can understand early games not having the stronger springs installed but it should have been corrected in a couple months. Also kits with the new springs for free should have been offered to existing owners.

I've been considering purchasing a GB Premium again but for the prices Stern is asking issues like this should be not be a worry out of the box for a game that has been out over a year.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 26.50
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside