IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1272 Cliffs install instructions for GB Posted by Cliffy (7 years ago)

Post #1359 Photos of the Stern upgraded side rails installed Posted by SilverballNut (7 years ago)

Post #1739 details on the "mystery coils" located in the backbox Posted by chucksmith (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#330 7 years ago

They should be shipping this week.....

#336 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

just curious where are you hearing this?

distribution. So, it could be delayed again, but that is what we know.

#347 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

That's what they always say.....

yeah....wish they would stop saying "in the next 2 weeks". I hear that from stern over and over and then for MMR it was "in the next few months"

#435 7 years ago

someone in MN got a prem the other day with a build of sept 20th, 2016. No issue I've heard yet, so anyone in the US getting le/prem from now on should have a new build. Unless they are dumping old pf's in, but they you would think be smart and put new pf's in from all the noise thats been made.

1 week later
#655 7 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

Can you tell me what lane kit we are talking about, and where I could get it? Is this to keep the ball from jumping the outlane rails? And I assume your game is a premium. Can I ask where you are located? and when you got your game? Just wondering if you might happen to be outside the US and your playfield may have been built with the LEs, before the issues were supposedly fixed? Thanks again.

Cliffy has a 3 part kit for GB

http://www.passionforpinball.com/

email him to ask about the GB shooter lane kit
[email protected]

Great guy! Use his products on all my games

#720 7 years ago

Got my prem today.

Put Mylar on the shooter lane and ball drop into the trough, until cliffs get here.

Anyone have a corner like this? It was on the front.

IMG_2626 (resized).JPGIMG_2626 (resized).JPG

IMG_2619 (resized).JPGIMG_2619 (resized).JPG

#730 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Kinda funny that the QC stamp is right next to that. Not a big deal in my book since nobody will ever see it. Is the structural integrity alright?

I haven't really stressed the corner, but when I wiggled it, the seem paint moved a little but didn't seem bad?

#736 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I heard that rumor too... Mine act just like every other one I've played (even like my Megatron drop target on TFLE btw) - hard, direct shot and the target stands up and sends the ball flying back to the flipper. At first I thought it was a big deal on all the GB pros I played, but then I learned you gotta play them differently and be more strategic about it. If that ends up being my only issue I'll consider myself to be lucky.

If I could hit the stupid targets I could post up on how mine are

#812 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

This might have already been addressed if so I missed it. When my left scoop ejects the ball barely hits the tip of the right flipper. What's the easiest way to adjust this. I noticed there are 2 Allen wrench screws on the top of the playfield and one hex screw under the playfield. This is a little different then my other pins. Normally I loosen the hex screws under the playfield and twist it a little. Any new way to adjust these that I'm not aware of?

Go into adjustments and change the power of eject. Did that for my left scoop, went to 20 and it trickles to my left flipper so 25-30 may be good to hit that flips nicely.

#840 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I read this too, and I couldn't see exactly where people were making the adjustment, and I also figured since everything worked by hand (and most of the time when shooting), it wasn't the same problem.

Thanks! I'll do some playing around tonight, post any progress I make.

how old is your game?

Mine is the new build and I've had zero issue with that. Maybe they made a change in the factory? Someone with a new build or I could take a look and post a pic

#849 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Thanks, but mine is pretty new (sept 19 build). I don't think it is a machine defect or anything, it is just something is off my a mm or so causing the issue. Just the normal fun of dialing in a NIB machine.
What is your playfield pitch at?

Mine was just after that. Yeah I know what you mean. Actually I set mine up and never checked for level or anything. The only thing I've changed is the power of the left scoop (turned down) and the volume down. mmmm I'll have to check when I get home.

#946 7 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

Is there a link for the cliffy protectors? I can't find the ghostbusters one there.

you have to contact him. They are not on his site.

1 week later
#1104 7 years ago

How are the scoreli protectors going to fit?! My targets are tight as hell in the pf holes.

#1106 7 years ago

Have a pic?

#1145 7 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Hey guys I'm going to post this in a couple GB threads. I'd appreciate the help
So something weird happened yesterday.
On Saturday, I updated to 1.10 and played a bunch of games and noticed quite a few bugs
Last night I had a few games and I noticed the left flipper sometimes when I pressed it would stay up.
Any ideas on what this could be?

THe button itself can somtimes stick in, holding the leaf switch. Or you can get the flipper mech binding. You'll need to figure out which or what is causing it.

#1167 7 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

There's an adjustment on my gb that allows for turning down that up kick coil that is much softer than the traditional Stern kick. It's a lot better

I turned mine to 200, still works. However I don't remember if I had a double ball with this setting once.

2 weeks later
#1326 7 years ago

Congrats to all those with Games coming!!! It's such a kick ass game!

Don't forget to get your Cliff's and mods now as they take a while to ship

#1336 7 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

New machine arrived Monday. After playing several games, I have these observations:
Left and right drains need some serious tweaking.
SDTM is the easiest shot ever.
Airballs seem to have increased the more games I play.
I plan to slightly revise the guide placement on the left and right drains.
To counteract the SDTM, I removed my tilt mechanism, put nylon glides on the legs, and now when it's heading dead center, I quickly slide the machine to either side, directing the ball to one of the flippers. Works for me.
Now for the airballs...hmmm.

All the issues have been addressed to some level.

Get the air ball protector that goes near/in front of the left ramp. Many people sell them (art has one) and I think someone even released a template so you can make your own.

The guides on each side can be tapped up from below 1/8-1/4" to help, or you can order the protectors. I have the slime ones from modfather and they do very well.

The SDTM, well...that is just part of the game. I don't have my tilt bob in, but I can't slide my game. You could get the middle post plastic, or just keep nudging or sliding.

#1340 7 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

I'm thinking rather than raise the guide, it would make more sense to slightly relocate it to narrow the opening. Or, add an additional guide beside it, on the inside, to narrow the space a bit. Just enough for a ball to slip in, but not too large.
I'm picturing another identical guide laying next to the original...maybe there's enough room to do it, time to experiment.
The airballs seem to happen all over the playfield, landing the ball on top of some of the plastic props, bouncing all over the lanes, etc. Seems it's a ball-speed issue more than anything.
The center post - I'm not convinced yet.

If you want narrower outlanes, just set the post lower, and there was someone else making a mod or guide to add a rubber to the outer wire guide. No need to add another. Mmmm could be in the other thread, main gb one.

The air balls do happen more when the game is new, once break in happens it settles down, but 80-90% of them are stopped with the one piece at the ramp entrance. However you are right, the speed is fast and the ball does rip and fly some, but again most of them are stopped.

The center post has been commented on by plenty that have used it. Great way to stop sdtm until you want to open it up again.

#1391 7 years ago
Quoted from Spike5494:

Got my premium on Monday of this week and absolutely love it! Question for the group, when mine powers on the ecto goggles look like they're attempting to power up 2-3 times before they actually show the Stern logo (brief white flicker). This is with 1.11 code, is anyone else seeing the same thing? Once they finally power up, the game plays fine, just want to make sure it is normal.

Yes, normal for mine

#1411 7 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Just got the call, mine will be delivered Monday!

rock on!!! game is @#$@#$ amazing! Get your protectors and mods ordered up, they take forever to come

#1417 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Listen to what Jody has to say at the 12 minute mark. Sounds like if there are issues with the playfield, Stern will take care of it. Am I reading to deep into his words?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-factory-tour-courtesy-johns-arcade

Stern will take care of the GB pf issues.

#1426 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

I had my Cliffy shooter lane protectors installed day 1, just did the outhole and tried the drop targets, but it won't fit. I've seen them on other machines so I'm guessing just enough tolerances on build. Debating options: leave it for now, when wear becomes obvious, sand the drop hole a bit to widen and install Cliffy; or, sand down drop target a little. Could also do Mylar, but even that would be a tight fit. Any one else do anything for the drops?

Those drops are tight! Mine is in my home so I'm leaving it. If they are flat with the pf you should be ok. You could Mylar around them?

#1443 7 years ago
Quoted from PinScott:

Trust me, I was ready to. But I've been there/done that multiple times and it typically makes matters worse. The driver knew I was pissed and was quick to point out he didn't cause the damage or see it happen.
Should I have rejected it upon first sight? Clearly an option. I decided to inspect because it appeared the box damage was not caused by the game falling over and I was prepared to reject if there was any hint of game damage. Risky and unwise perhaps, fortunately it worked in my favor.

My met pro showed up with some box damage and the driver was extremely nice. Just remember they are the last person to touch it, it went through many hands and trucks before your house. He knew the drill and was told me to unbox and verify or he would be pissed as well. Game was untouched inside

#1459 7 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

I did a little more than "bump" the outlanes, but it works nicely. Getting some grief from other forum members for drilling holes in the playfield though. Owell...
This mod reduces the sucker drains quite a bit, but the ball will still drain when hit directly. Happy player here.

As much as many of us would recommend against it, it is your game and you can do as you wish! As long as you are enjoying it you can mod and change, and stay happy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 103.00
$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
15,699 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info?tu=northvibe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.