Topic Stats

• 1,815 posts
  • 246 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by capguntrooper
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 328 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5380 (resized).JPG
IMG_5378 (resized).JPG
pic5 (resized).jpg
pic7 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4984 (resized).JPG
IMG_5327 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
drop2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1272 Cliffs install instructions for GB Posted by Cliffy (3 years ago)

Post #1359 Photos of the Stern upgraded side rails installed Posted by SilverballNut (2 years ago)

Post #1739 details on the "mystery coils" located in the backbox Posted by chucksmith (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 3 years ago

being told August here in the UK but unless they are on a crate on a boat now I'm slightly skeptical.

Neil.

1 week later
#45 3 years ago

I'm told August, no specific date, but feels more like september just from posts above.

3 weeks later
#125 3 years ago

my UK dist says September...

4 weeks later
#290 3 years ago

Container for UK folks is in the country now!

1 week later
#447 3 years ago

Personally I think it's one of the deepest games out there!

I think everyone with a premium on order in the UK got it late last week or will get it this week. Mine arrived

IMG_6162 (resized).JPG

IMG_6174 (resized).JPG

IMG_6173 (resized).JPG

#601 3 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Ok so GB Premium arrived in Nebraska. mine came in at noon today and I went and got it. Here is the pictures. Got everything added before a single ball was played. I also took a few pictures of the playfield and dates in mine. So here you go. Playfield looks great.
Seem like a fairly new machine.
Magicchiz

looks great and the newest machine from a play field point of view. We will be following your updates with interest to see if the new play fields are solved of the build quality issues as some are saying.

#648 3 years ago

sometimes its hand written in some sort of three year's old scrawl.

The premiums shipped to UK were all Aug 25th...

#676 3 years ago

Jrockne sorry to see that and appreciate the post. I Think it's fair to say that playfield a are
NOT fixed. Now dreading when this inevitably happens to my table.

1 week later
#930 3 years ago

two things:

Airball protector
Shooter lane protector.

Neil.

#988 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Talked to my distro about my GBLE, was told Stern is waiting on a fresh batch of playfield's & my game will be built as soon as they come in.

Which I find kinda suprprising as in the factory last week there was loads of GB play fields! Maybe waiting on fixed ones!

#1025 3 years ago

LOL - Hello? Are you receiving? over?

Stern said at the factory tour not even two weeks ago - THE PROBLEM WAS NOT FIXED YET.

Neil.

#1073 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Please ask lots of questions ,
Let us know pf date etc .
Man just flat out ask who makes the pfs, for all.of us .

Don't ask that! Ask if it's freaking fixed!,!!

1 week later
#1184 3 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I have and am waiting for a response. The game was one of the first premiums with the Fun Industries playfields (same as LE's). My buddy just got a premium and it looks like a Churchill playfield. It's completely different than mine.

Any chance of some pictures of both ?

#1222 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

There seem to be HUO GB Premium sales lately where the owner did not like the feel or gameplay or connection to the game. Has anyone tried to retrofit the flippers to close the Creech gap? Would this make it a more enjoyable game?

No it would completely ruin the game. GB is all about ball control and that makes it fantastic.

#1253 3 years ago

Stay with 1.05

#1288 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Can the old style latch and lockdown still be installed on the new premium machines.

anythings possible but honestly I think the stern solution is much better!

#1303 3 years ago

Code is broken

#1313 3 years ago

almost at 300 games and no issues on play field also. not hopeful that it continues like that mind!

#1397 2 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

Alright folks, she's here. Long anticipated and very satisfied so far.
Below are the photos of the playfield date. No issues to speak of regarding ghosting on inserts at this point.
- Happily suprised to see scoop protectors from the factory (wasn't aware they came standard).
- Right captive ball wireform fix was installed from factory.
- I believe I have the new Ecto Goggles shield pre-installed.
- All switches out of the box operated with no adjustment, except SLIMER, he's dragging his behind on the captive ball as many have reported.
Overall all is looking good so far. Started adding a few of the mods I've collected over the last 8 months for the game. Chrome armor compliments it nicely I think (still in progress).

can you post pics of the above please?

#1398 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Someone was asking what the armor looked like on a premium and couldn't find high res photos.
Here's mine. I'm still installing stuff but almost done.

how does the amor install?

7 months later
#1801 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Hi,
I have bought a premium , build date 23 august 2016. playfield stamp is july07.
It starts ghosting on 4 inserts. I think I have a le playfield in there , because it is signed.
This is now my third gb with ghosting. I have had the pro, the le and now the premium. I sold all 3 after they start ghosting.
That sucks. Is there a know build date of playfields where there will be no ghosting for sure ?
I can have an other premium with playfield build date 25, august. There the inserts look very good. But how long ?
Any info ?
Thanks

My premium has playfield of 25th of August as have a load of them here in the uk and they are all fine- no ghosting or other issues so I'd go for that one.

Neil.

Added 22 months ago: had to have my playfield replaced as it ghosted.

2 weeks later
#1807 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

November 2016 playfield on mine was perfect for first six months, but a small sliver of ghosting recently appeared on two inserts.

Same here. Cointaker one at pinburgh had it also.!

#1813 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not something you want to happen for sure but there is a good chance that it won't get any worse I bet.

not convinced.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
€ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside