IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1272 Cliffs install instructions for GB Posted by Cliffy (7 years ago)

Post #1359 Photos of the Stern upgraded side rails installed Posted by SilverballNut (7 years ago)

Post #1739 details on the "mystery coils" located in the backbox Posted by chucksmith (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imagamejunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1769 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

In the first 100 games you will get lane hops. This is all part of break in. Once you get some games in it calmed down. I get a couple but it's average with any other weird hop on a game. cliffys on the shooter lane a must. Lower th shooter power and adjust the eject power. Also the airball deflector is a must in my book.

Hi guys. I'm a new GB Prem owner and I love it. The auto ball launcher is over powered. The ball hits stay Puft and the back wood of the cab. How do you lower the shooter power as was mentioned above?
Thanks

#1772 7 years ago
Quoted from GreatBug:

Check the alignment of the plastics in the back along the shooter lane. Out of the box, the ball would hit the edge of the plastic and go wild. loosening the screws, adjusting the plastics, and tightening back up made a big difference to me.

I can't find any misaligned plastics. But I appreciate your input. Thank you

#1773 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

You can lower the power of the shooter lane eject, not the autolauncher. To reduce auto launcher strength, recommendation is to put in a stronger spring. Worked well for me.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-437

Thank you. I'm going to try this. Why didn't it come with the correct spring to begin with? Ridiculous

#1776 7 years ago

Thank you guys for the responses.

So I've had 4 days with my Ghostbusters Premium now. I thought I would share my thoughts..

Overall this may be the most fun pin I've ever owned. It seems strange for me to admit that because I've always been a Williams/Bally guy. This is my both my first Stern and my first NIB pinball. I'm just really enjoying playing this. One thing I love is that it isn't the easiest game. For me, I enjoy the more challenging pins. They keep me more interested. My 8 year old son agrees with me. He just loves this pin too. He wants to play it a lot. That a plus for me.

The lighting is a 10/10. It's just awesome! The sound clips are entertaining. The variety of shots is fantastic and can be challenging. I love the left ramp being both the subway lock system and the super jackpot shot for example.

Here's what I've already added-
-Stern art blades (look great)
-Stern shaker motor (it really shakes and adds a lot to the game IMO)
-Art's airball deflector (this should be STANDARD from the factory! The airballs were SO BAD)
-Hooked on pinball's Ecto Goggles shield
-Cliff's 7 piece protection kit**
-I also added a small angle bracket in the corner on top of the plastic right above the library. It fits perfect on the screw. This prevents the ball from being stuck in the corner if it jumps up there. I will post a pic.

** I since removed the 2 Cliffy's on the drop targets because I didn't like the ball behavior rolling over them

Adjustments I had to make-
-Bent the switch on the right ramp. It wasn't registering half the time
-Bent the top switch in the 3 ball captive balls above the library. This one was stuck down from the factory.
-Moved the adjustment plate forward on the top of slimer which made him more sensitive to hits

Complaints-
-Slimer hits/drags on the black cover above the right captive ball. If I add washers like others have then he isn't low enough on the far left position making the ball go under him. I called stern and was told that they consider this to be normal and acceptable for slimmer to drag across the black cover. THAT surprised me.
-The auto plunger is too strong as I've said before. I am waiting on a phone call back from stern. I am assuming that they will release an updated game code in the future that will allow for a decrease in the power (like the trough eject). Because of this power the ball doesn't always make it through the top right metal gate.

Question-
If the ball is saved and the auto plunger fires (and IF it actually gets past staypuft and through the top right gate) then the ball doesn't pass under the electric gate on the top left. It hits the closed gate and then drops into the PKE lanes. Is this supposed to happen? Or is it supposed to make the top loop around? Stern is supposed to get back to me on this question also.

Once I made the above adjustments and added the needed airball deflector this game has been spectacular. I'm very happy with it.

Junky

#1779 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I installed the switch slot protectors on mine. I figured it was better to be safe than sorry. The one negative is that the ball occasionally gets hung up on the left one and I have to gently shake the machine to free it.

I'm wondering if yours isn't pushed down all the way. I haven't seen this happen once on mine

#1780 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Great stuff guys!
For those with cliffy set, are the protectors for he ramp drops really needed being they aren't directly aligned on this game and have factory mylar covers that part of playfield already?

These weren't part of the 7 piece kit that Cliff made up for me. I don't know if they're needed

#1787 7 years ago

The whole part of this that's just ridiculous to me is that we should NOT have to buy new springs to fix a game that should be working RIGHT FROM THE FACTORY

1 week later
#1790 7 years ago

Hi guys. I thought I would share a video I made that shows the current mods I've done on my GB Prem. If you have any questions, please ask.

Junky

#1794 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Where did you get the 2 green scoop mods?

Mezel Mods

https://mezelmods.com/collections/ghostbusters-pinball-mods/products/ghostbusters-pinball-scoop

I did both greens. I didn't want the pink one for the right scoop.
I also bought the green trough LED but haven't installed it because it's made with alligator clips and I don't trust them with this strong shaker motor. I may hardwire it still though.

#1795 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Yea I like the scoops, think I will be adding that to the list. they turned out sweet.

Thanks buddy

#1796 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Absolutely. I can understand early games not having the stronger springs installed but it should have been corrected in a couple months. Also kits with the new springs for free should have been offered to existing owners.
I've been considering purchasing a GB Premium again but for the prices Stern is asking issues like this should be not be a worry out of the box for a game that has been out over a year.

Bending the corner on the mechanical gate has helped some. I haven't changed any springs yet but I still may. I spoke with Chas at Stern. We discussed the need for a code update which would include the ability to decrease the auto plunger strength in the settings, just as the ball trough eject already has the option.

#1798 7 years ago

Thanks. How does the pink look in the scoop? I love IJ. I always have. It's been one of my favorites for years. I haven't owned one for long though. This one has a perfect playfield but the cabinet has some wear. I've hardly played it the past couple weeks that I've had this Ghostbusters though. I've been neglecting it. It's definitely easier

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 103.00
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

15,699 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imagamejunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info?tu=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.