IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1272 Cliffs install instructions for GB Posted by Cliffy (7 years ago)

Post #1359 Photos of the Stern upgraded side rails installed Posted by SilverballNut (7 years ago)

Post #1739 details on the "mystery coils" located in the backbox Posted by chucksmith (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1678 7 years ago

I'm picking up my premium sometime this week. I want to buy some protectors for the shooter lane and drain hole, but I don't see these on Cliffy's site.

#1680 7 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

You gotta email cliffy on his GB protectors.

Thanks! Are there any other protectors from him that I'll need? This machine was only built a couple months ago, so I think some of the protectors were already installed at the factory.

#1682 7 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Shooter lane, outhole, switch slots and scoleri bros are his current offering.

Will that outhole protector fit other games as well? That seems to be a common place of wear on all recent Sterns.

#1684 7 years ago

For those of you that have installed the Scoleri protectors, would you recommend them? Do they negatively affect gameplay in any way? I've never installed drop target protectors on any of my games in the past, but most games don't have drop targets so close to the flippers. That's the main reason I'm considering them.

#1690 7 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

My Scoleri protectors do not hinder my game at all. They work rather well. I did a video of the full install of Cliffys on my GB machine.

I watched your video earlier today. It's very helpful. Thanks for making it!

Quoted from wiggy07:

> TZ-GUMBALL-Twilight Zone gumball drop edge protector

So the outhole protector is the same as the TZ gumball edge protector? I guess that explains why it has the screw hole.

#1706 7 years ago

I picked up my premium yesterday. The game is playing mostly great. One minor issue appears to be the controlled gate at the top left. The ball is sometime getting hung up on it. I've had gates like these in many games, but this is the first one that has given me a problem. What is the best solution? Raise the gate? Bend it? Cut it? Something else?

#1713 7 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

My city plastic in front of Stay Puft, the screws have come out, can anyone tell me what size those screws are?

Where did the original screws go? Are they lost in the machine somewhere? I hate when that happens.

1 week later
#1724 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm getting the impression that the playfields have been much better lately, hope that's the case.

My premium has an October build date, and the playfield looks great.

#1727 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Top 10 high scores on pinside:
https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/ghostbuster-premium-le/scores
Are currently 2.6B to 9.2B, with most in the 2.6-6b range.

But those all appear to be on older code, so they aren't valid if you are running 1.13.

#1732 7 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

On the gate, there is a little arm that hooks over the bar where the captive ball is. On mine, they did not have that arm hooking over that bar so I had to loosen it, hook it over, and tighten it.

Thanks for the advice, but I'm confused. The controlled gate is nowhere near the captive ball. Are you referring to the one-way gate when the ball exits the pops?

#1741 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Looking at the wiring , they are using them as filter coils.
As you know, there is a woofer in the bottom & stereo mid range / tweeter up top. The caps & coils filter out the low frequency which is then sent to the woofer in the cabinet. This is a nice LC filter network (better than just a cap in series with the high frequency speaker.
From the manual: 11 511-7666-00 High Pass Filter Assembly

Quoted from ramegoom:

With the capacitors on the solder tabs above, they act as what's known as "L-C" filters. High frequency noise that travels within the wiring is removed with them. Likely prevents unwanted resets or switch noise.

So it's basically like a ferrite core on steroids?

#1743 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Stereo knockers!*

I wonder what a knocker would even sound like in the new metal backboxes?

2 weeks later
#1754 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Out of all the features i up paid for I believe the most lackluster is the ecto-goggles. I think there cool but no reason to ever look at during play. Aka I wouldn't notice if it wasn't there.

It is definitely underutilized in the current code.

1 week later
#1757 7 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Are the lane guides higher on the newer runs or do the balls still jump them pretty easily?

As far a I know, the lane guides are still the same height as they've always been. To be honest, I don't have a problem with them. I never adjusted mine or added any type of fix, and the ball rarely hops over.

2 weeks later
#1778 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

For those with cliffy set, are the protectors for he ramp drops really needed being they aren't directly aligned on this game and have factory mylar covers that part of playfield already?

I installed the switch slot protectors on mine. I figured it was better to be safe than sorry. The one negative is that the ball occasionally gets hung up on the left one and I have to gently shake the machine to free it.

#1781 7 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I'm wondering if yours isn't pushed down all the way. I haven't seen this happen once on mine

It's as flat as can be.

#1786 7 years ago

I swapped out the manual plunger spring and it helped a lot. A full plunge used to ram into the right gate, but now it mostly goes around smooth.

#1788 7 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

The whole part of this that's just ridiculous to me is that we should NOT have to buy new springs to fix a game that should be working RIGHT FROM THE FACTORY

Welcome to Stern ownership ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.95
$ 103.00
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info?tu=gweempose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.