IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1272 Cliffs install instructions for GB Posted by Cliffy (7 years ago)

Post #1359 Photos of the Stern upgraded side rails installed Posted by SilverballNut (7 years ago)

Post #1739 details on the "mystery coils" located in the backbox Posted by chucksmith (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider golfingdad1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#265 7 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

I got a text earlier in the week that my GB Prem has left the Stern factory and is on route to the docks. Loving it

Great to hear
Let us know if you got a good one .

1 week later
#357 7 years ago

All you guys getting the first batch of premiums please let us know how they look and hold up after playing the heck out of them .
It would be much appreciated, I hope the best for all.

#428 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

This is an older playfield with no issue out of the box, so it is clearly gameplay that is upsetting the inserts and not just the passage of time. Hopefully stopping the airballs is the answer.

I don't agree with this .
I have played a GB for 4 months , no air ball plastic nothing , bone stock.
And it's PERFECT, 1500+ games on route.

#431 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Sure, but what I meant was, if it IS happening then it's playing that's causing it. It's not happening just sitting there.

Sorry , but I also disagree with this , several reports of ghosting growing after coming home from vacation or not playing.

#433 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Ok, just to clarify a bit more, and indicate that I'm not looking for anyone to agree or disagree with me, here is a data point..My playfield was built in June. It is an early run premium playfield, made at the same time as the LE playfields. It has been untouched for four months. It has no ghosting. I am hoping that I am lucky and that maybe mine won't ghost at all, but if it does it will be interesting to see whether it is airballs that cause the movement in the inserts or if it is the passage of time. So far, the passage of time has not scored any points and has a four month head start over airballs. This is just my machine and may not represent the behaviour to be expected on any other.

I get it Bandit,
Please let us know how it holds up .
I have a premium pre paid and honestly my decision to accept delivery now vs later or ever will depend on what happens with these first ones delivered. Granted the domestic newer run playfields will be a better comparison.

#442 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

It's so weird you know. I'm checking the inserts after EVERY game! Is this any way to live, haha?

Play the hell out of it and let us know, besides everybody knows the ghosting only happens when the lights are out and nobody's around .

1 week later
#587 7 years ago

Can some of you comment on the right crossover ramp.
I know it may need some adjustments but how is it ? Is it cool, fun, way better than the right ramp on the pro, what ?
When I started playing the pro I hated the right ramp and that was a big reason to order the premium. Now that I have some experience and alot of time on the pro the right ramp isn't soooo bad . So I am very interested in finding out others opinion.

#591 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I used to hate the right ramp on the Pro until I played one that shoots super clean. Now it's my favorite shot in the game! Maybe it makes a difference if it's early run vs. late? The early run had tons of rejects and the ball would rattle it's way up on a seemingly clean shot and never clear more than a couple rollovers. The more recent run Pro that I play shoots clean everytime and almost always goes all the way up to the one way gate.

Good to know , so you haven't played a premium to compare

Quoted from Mitch:

My right ramp wasn't great at first but eventually broke in I guess. Works great now.

Is this on a premium?

#606 7 years ago

Alright folks Sunday morning check up.
Does any body have any ghosting of these premium playfields , how about shooter lanes and troughs ????
You guys have problably put 200 gmes on them by now. Let us know, please.

#609 7 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

No playfield problems. Have the slimed apron decals. Playfield date 25th August.

Thank you ,
Anyone else want to chime in...
That call is going to come soon and I honestly don't know what my answer will be .

#643 7 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Yep on the add a ball and the corner of the extra ball this was after 70 games

That sucks

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

no ghosting here anywhere. Over 200 games in. No wear on the shooter lane either.

Quoted from Wulftown:

No ghosting or shooter lane issues. I have had issues with the left ramp registering on quick shots up the ramp. I adjusted the switch and it seems to be fixed.

Good to hear
What are your guys playfield date ?

#644 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

I would get the air ball protector, and one of the lane kits. I wold also either put mylar in the shooter lane, or order one of the cliffy shooter lane protectors...
I looked close at my machine last night and noticed the clear was cracking in the shooter lane...
Still no ghosting inserts, but now I'm starting to worry that will be coming next...

What's the playfield date ?

#649 7 years ago

Thanks everyone.
Keep the dates and issues or not coming

#664 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Here you go...
Playfield date 9/8
110 games...

So this would be the most recently produced playfield with issues I believe.

#668 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

My distributor is only getting 4 machines in the first batch after they thought they were getting around 10 (I'm number 11), so it'll be a while before I can get one. I'm patiently waiting to see how the playfields do. If there are a lot more reports of issues on new playfields, I may just wait (after I just convinced myself last week to take the chance).

Who's is your Distributor?

#682 7 years ago

There is a minimum price that distributors are supposed to sell at but it's not full msrp.

#709 7 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Crap! Sending you an email now
JJ

#760 7 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Has anyone gotten their Premium from Cointaker yet?

Nope

#804 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Only issue so far is the left scoop shoots the ball straight down the middle. Has anyone else had this issue? How did you compensate for it? Did you turn down the strength of the coil? Or did you just bend the guide next to the scoop? Thanks.
I had this with the right scoop. I took used an adjustable wrench to carefully twist the scoop enough to hit the flipper. Now it's been great!

Yes it's a common issue. Reduce the coil strength to deliver to the left flipper.
I think it's 23

1 week later
#967 7 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Would love to hear that these are on the line again. Has anyone received a game from cointaker yet? Been waiting on mine forever.

Not me, invoice date April 1st.

#1018 7 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

whose playfield are you talking about? my playfield is stamped the 24th or the 26th, i dont remember which one.. i have ghosting on the tobin insert.
Playfields were made by two different companies... a company up here in wisconsin, which produced all of the ghosted playfields, and the regular playfield company Stern normally uses in Chicago....

How the Heck Do You Know That ...?

Please oh please continue.

#1050 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Picking up my Premium tomorrow at Stern!

Please ask lots of questions ,
Let us know pf date etc .
Man just flat out ask who makes the pfs, for all.of us .

#1052 7 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

I was told by my distributor that Churchill is making all of the play fields recently, once they discovered the issues. The bad ones were made by someone else.

Good to here but, until Stern confirms this ...

#1081 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Picked up GB today at Stern. The machine was born today with playfield date of 10/14. Everything looks great. Not playing until my Cliffy shooter lane pieces arrive.

So what did they say about the playfields ????
Is it true Churchill is back ?
Are they fixed ?

#1083 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

And why can't we order the cliffy lane protectors online somewhere? It's an email only request to him?

Just send Cliff an email tell him what you want and he will send you an invoice .

www.passionforpinball.com

#1099 7 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

There is a picture Above of protectors on the scoop. Is this come stock or something from cliffy?

Scoop has factory pro .

#1113 7 years ago

For the guys who have installed or have the new code , did it totally mess up the esp video mode ?

#1117 7 years ago

Our local op put the new code in and it seems the esp video mode doesn't work at all , it's a pro model

#1192 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

ok, so im seriously thinking about selling my gb:premium... this machine and I just cant seem to mesh with one another. have had just under 30 days. playfield is excellent, inserts are excellent. has cliffy's installed since day 3. has oldpinguy airball deflector installed. and I have the PBL center post kit and lane thingy's, I just haven't installed it yet. also has speaker light kit and ghost inserts... im guessing 150 plays or so? what do you guys think is a fair price? not looking to make money, but not looking to lose either. running code 1.10
let me know what you guys think. thanks.

Really ?
Well figure what you paid for it and take $200 off, Ya Really .
Pink balls, Really ?

#1197 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

You no like pink balls? Lol. It's just the right side captive that's pink. It's from Mezelmods. Also I have the original stern silver balls for the captives that can go back in. And to be honest I hate to say it but I don't remember what I paid. It was soooooooo long ago that final payments were due.
Thanks guys for the input I really do appreciate it.

All good, I lIke the pink balls actually it just seemed because you had pink balls you wanted more money. What are they like $2.50 each.

#1208 7 years ago

I believe the $6695 price is the Stern minimum pricing any distributor selling for less publicly would have problems. So most likely no one or any distribtor on here is going to say I got mine for "xyz"

Gotta make the phone calls yourself.

#1213 7 years ago

Congrats,
You know the routine. ..
Playfield date, stamped or hand scribble?

#1226 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Update (11/5) : GhostBusters Premium - Gets played every day.
Dates: PF handwritten: 9/20, printed: 9/22 , back cabinet: 9/29
Balls Played: 1631
* No Ghosting
* No shooter lane clear coat issues
* No clear-coat issues
* Everything is still looking good
* Cliffy shooter lane protector should be here soon.

Now that's different the shooter lane looks incredible and is a different wood from all the previous pics. Notice the dark band of wood in your photo, like the old days, recent pf shooter lanes are all one color . This is good .

#1229 7 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

I put my deposit down on May 2nd, and finally got my game today. The playfield is stamped with the date of Oct 18 2016.

Who is your distributor?
I paid on April 1st

#1264 7 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

I used the ones for Stern Star Trek, which might be the same as the Cactus Canyon ones. I'll post pics tonight. Installation was fairly simple and they function 100% with the Cliffy's installed. Only issue is the right side Scolari protector needs to be trimmed (bottom side) because a screw from an led pcb board blocks it from clipping in place. I used a dremel tool to do this.

Can you PLEASE post a pic of this cliffy on the drop target you had to trim.
Cliffy himself has requested this after I mentioned this post .

Thanks .

#1297 7 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Has anyone gotten a Premiun recently from Cointaker?

Told they are shipping this week...Direct from the lady.
Grain of salt .

#1299 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

New GB code 1.11 just dropped

Nice !

1 week later
#1375 7 years ago

Mine arrived yesterday, ordered April 1st.
Game looks great , playfield looks fantastic.
PF date stamped November 3rd

20161117_171056 (resized).jpg20161117_171056 (resized).jpg

20161117_143034 (resized).jpg20161117_143034 (resized).jpg

20161117_143432 (resized).jpg20161117_143432 (resized).jpg

#1386 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We can't tell due to the potato quality pics

Sorry

#1395 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Mods?? GB custom shooter rod,Spike4 headphone kit,Ecto-1, pbl lane guides and green super bands,pke mirror,yello,black banded flipper decals,Green slimed city signs,2 black Terror dogs,Green luminescent newton balls,Blu,and pink lum.balls for the 2 newton balls,green scoop lite,and I will use the center post,until I improve my game! Oh,and PDI glass!

I think you missed a couple ...

1 week later
#1441 7 years ago
Quoted from PinScott:

I expected perfection from FedEx as well. Apparently that isn't always the case. Thankfully no damage was done to the machine, but my heart dropped when I saw this.

Glad it's ok, I would have never accepted that or even unboxed it.

#1462 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

You drilled the playfield?!

Here we go again...

#1517 7 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

See post #1454. My solution to the problem.

We have all seen how you decided to handled the problem. I supported you when everyone and their brother were throwing you under the bus. Not sure if you want more criticism or just want to brag that you can drill holes in your playfield.

#1556 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone have tips on making those damn Mult targets less stiff? It's really the only "issue" I have right now.

Yes, add additional foam behind the 2x and 3x targets.
Do not remove what's there add another piece of the self adhesive foam cut down to about half the length of what's already there and stick it to the back side of the targets facing backwards, do not stick on foam but the backside of the target.
This creates a nice firm forward lean.

1 week later
#1607 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Bug in the software

This is definitely not a software bug.
That one way gate behind stay puft man has no wires and is not connected to anything.

2 months later
#1765 7 years ago

Anyone know where I can pick up the raw metal lollipop side Rails ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 49.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider golfingdad1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info?tu=golfingdad1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.