IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1272 Cliffs install instructions for GB Posted by Cliffy (7 years ago)

Post #1359 Photos of the Stern upgraded side rails installed Posted by SilverballNut (7 years ago)

Post #1739 details on the "mystery coils" located in the backbox Posted by chucksmith (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fxdwg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 7 years ago

ordered same day it was officially announced, am now pain in full. wasn't really given a date, I know it seems they have had delay after delay. I'm with others, I am excited, but it will get here when it gets here. In the meantime, I am playing my other games.

#51 7 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

I've been told August or September. So bored of waiting I've bought other games inbetween.

me too, just bought a MET premium to hold me over. dammit. LOL

1 month later
#274 7 years ago

Me me me me me me me me me me

Come on stern!! Lol ☺️

#286 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Did most of you reserve the day it was announced? I put down money on March 11th (launch day) and paid in full when requested in July. Just curious as to what everyone's situation is?

+1, I did exactly this...

Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Trent says production starts this Friday.

awwwwwe man, I was hoping they were already finishing the first round of making the premiums... ok, ill continue to wait...

1 week later
#475 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Hoping to get a call here soon. I was told by my distributor that I'm #20 in the queue. I have no idea how long it will take to fill 20 orders though.

Me too. Hoping my distributor gets more than 20 in the first shipment!!

#531 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Is anyone else in full-on "look at my phone every sixty seconds, hoping for an update from my distributor" mode?
Me neither. I'm just asking... for a friend. Yeah.

yes, I cant stay off this site or out of this thread ... grrrrrr.... damn friends. LOL

#674 7 years ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

Here are some quick pictures of my Ghostbusters premium that was just powder coated by Matt from Back Alley Creations.

beautiful! very nice powder coating you got there. I think I am going PINK on my premium when I get it. (only because my met is already purple.) but love the purple, the sparkle and the cutouts!!

#806 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

what's coming - sorry not following....

my guess would be he is talking about the plasma proton pack something or other that stern mentioned as an add on accessory for the machine. (quite some time ago.)

#807 7 years ago

slimer issue... not dragging, but many hits do not register. I know there were issues with the first version of the slimer mechanism. but this is on our new premium. I've tried searching, however with so many posts it has proven pretty difficult. can someone please point me in the direction of a fix? this is the last adjustment that I need to take care of, and our new premium will be dialed in pretty well.

thanks in advance for any and all help.

-troy

#813 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

After playing my premium a bunch I'm finding Slimer registers on direct, clean hits, glancing ones most frequently don't register. Although I'm not sure they are supposed to either... When I wait and smack him when he's right in front of the path to the gozer target he registers every time. When he's out of that position he is slightly elevated off of the playfield which would make it harder for good contact.

Ok thank you. Wasn't sure if this was by design or not. I agree small touches shouldn't score a bit but I don't want to have to knock him off his post either. Lol.

#851 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

The ball is not coming out of the subway about 20% of the time on my Premium. If I test by hand, I am getting 0 failures. At this point my only thought is that sometimes the ball is getting air when headed down into the subway and hitting the top of the tunnel entrance, losing some momentum. I am thinking of lowering my pitch about (at 7 degrees right now).
Anyone else run into something similar, have some suggestions?

I had two different issues with my subway ramp, one as mentioned, that it seems some of the time, the ball would not make it out of the subway. I loosened the nut on the bottom of the entrance to the subway and forced the plastic ramp against the right side of the playfield edge, and then tightened the nut while holding the ramp in place, that fixed one issue.

the other issue was after locking 2 balls in storage facility multiball, it would lose the 3rd one when locking, and go into a complete ball search, and finally give up saying "pinball missing", I found the diverter mech sitting in the subway ramp was a bit to high, and wouldnt divert ball number three for some reason so I bent that bracket down towards the ramp a but more and now that issue seems to have been corrected as well. (trust me it was very strange, not sure why locked balls 1 and 2 were fine, just #3)

one other thing to check is level left to right, I did notice along with the diverter issue, the ball would be sitting down there in subway ramp, and just wouldn't drop into the scoop whatchamacallit. LOL

best of luck.

1 week later
#1001 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

The longer I wait for delivery of my Premium the more expensive this pin is becoming. Since I can't play yet I find myself buying mods every couple weeks to satisfy my craving. On my way to Pinball Life right now for lollipop rails

i know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I didn't plan to add all that much, but when it took as long as it did to get my machine, I wound up with quite a bit of stuff for it!!

1 week later
#1100 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

guys - do I really need to drill a hole to install the cliffy lane protectors? Never done this before but it seems like a lot of work.

no drilling required for any of the cliffy shooter lane protectors on the latest sterns. I have them on all of mine. there is one self tapper that you use for the piece that mounts on the top right rail, one hole is there already (bubble level) you simply use the self tapper short screw for the other hole.

#1180 7 years ago

ok, so im seriously thinking about selling my gb:premium... this machine and I just cant seem to mesh with one another. have had just under 30 days. playfield is excellent, inserts are excellent. has cliffy's installed since day 3. has oldpinguy airball deflector installed. and I have the PBL center post kit and lane thingy's, I just haven't installed it yet. also has speaker light kit and ghost inserts... im guessing 150 plays or so? what do you guys think is a fair price? not looking to make money, but not looking to lose either. running code 1.10

let me know what you guys think. thanks.

#1188 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

ok, so im seriously thinking about selling my gb:premium... this machine and I just cant seem to mesh with one another. have had just under 30 days. playfield is excellent, inserts are excellent. has cliffy's installed since day 3. has oldpinguy airball deflector installed. and I have the PBL center post kit and lane thingy's, I just haven't installed it yet. also has speaker light kit and ghost inserts... im guessing 150 plays or so? what do you guys think is a fair price? not looking to make money, but not looking to lose either. running code 1.10
let me know what you guys think. thanks.

Quoted from Mando:

$6500? Gotta take a small hit when you can buy NIB you do have a few extras .

forgot that I also have the 3 green captive balls and the 1 pink captive ball. here are some pics. I was thinking 6700.00.

IMG_1280 (resized).JPGIMG_1280 (resized).JPG

IMG_1268 (resized).JPGIMG_1268 (resized).JPG

IMG_1269 (resized).JPGIMG_1269 (resized).JPG

#1196 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Really ?
Well figure what you paid for it and take $200 off, Ya Really .
Pink balls, Really ?

You no like pink balls? Lol. It's just the right side captive that's pink. It's from Mezelmods. Also I have the original stern silver balls for the captives that can go back in. And to be honest I hate to say it but I don't remember what I paid. It was soooooooo long ago that final payments were due.

Thanks guys for the input I really do appreciate it.

#1198 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

All good, I lIke the pink balls actually it just seemed because you had pink balls you wanted more money. What are they like $2.50 each.

bwaahahahahaa, no just forgot that I had that mod on there as well. I know I will take a hit for opening it and putting a couple of hundred plays on it. but figured with the cliffy's, the speakerlights and acrylics, and the PBL centerpost/rail protector thingy's, that I might be able to break pretty close to even with the current demand higher than the current supply. plus, I have one of the non-issue playfields with what seems to be an exceptional clear coat. (one of the nicest I have seen out of all my newer sterns.)

I really do want to love this pin, I love the theme and the artwork, the lighting, I just haven't been able to "fall in love" with the play of the machine.

ok, I broke down and did it. take a look, let me know if any questions.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/41294

#1205 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Do you think your feelings would change at all when the code gets more polished (assuming it does) or do you mean the play of the physical layout of the machine? Just saying I wouldn't want you to regret saleing the game if down the road you did fall in love with it when the code is complete.

I was trying to hold out for code updates (similar to TWD) but figured if code really made it better at some point, I could always buy again. just trying to minimize the hit by selling now since so many are still in demand. I don't HAVE to sell it, that is why its priced firm where it is, but if someone wanted one today without waiting, and they could come see and play it, figured I would see if there was interest.

#1206 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

People need to shop around u can get them cheaper than 6700 shipped.....

I was told distributors weren't allowed to sell premiums cheaper than 6700.00.

Quoted from musketd:

Who has them for cheaper then 6695$ shipped I'd like to know

I need to know this as well, in case I regret selling mine and have to buy another one.

#1218 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if you want the good prices, you have to pick up yourself.

fyi, other than my first machine (TWD) I have picked up every one of them direct from trent. (well he did bring my spiderman to the ohio show, don't know if that counts as delivery or not...) LOL

#1246 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

I got midnight madness last night at 11pm and 1am. Is there an adjustment for the clock? I figure I need to set the time or something

i believe the time setup is under the UTIL part of the service menu. check it out. my ghostbusters was doing its hourly chime at 20 minutes past the hour or so. and I think that is where I found it and set the correct time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 103.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fxdwg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info?tu=fxdwg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.