Topic Stats

• 1,815 posts
  • 246 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by capguntrooper
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 328 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5380 (resized).JPG
IMG_5378 (resized).JPG
pic5 (resized).jpg
pic7 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4984 (resized).JPG
IMG_5327 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
drop2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1272 Cliffs install instructions for GB Posted by Cliffy (3 years ago)

Post #1359 Photos of the Stern upgraded side rails installed Posted by SilverballNut (3 years ago)

Post #1739 details on the "mystery coils" located in the backbox Posted by chucksmith (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fortytwo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#120 3 years ago

I was told middle of August two weeks ago. I ordered in April, I have been emailing my Sist when my delivery time comes up and keep getting told two weeks. He's a few hours from stern and I'm a few hours from him. I plan on picking mine up from him same day he gets it.
No solid word on delivery. I'm going to give him a week before I email again. This is my first NIB experience and not a completely pleasant one.

#124 3 years ago

I'm hoping Gary delivers before Santa. At least it's nice out.

#128 3 years ago

I just checked my twinkles, today is their best by date.

#134 3 years ago

I was thinking about the ghosting issues. I have read that the playfeilds get signed and number. And then recleared for LE'S. Maybe this additional long cure no scuff and re coat is a cause for the majority of ghosting concerns. Premiums are LE playfeilds but short one additional clear.

#136 3 years ago

I understand. With enough play the dimpling gets hammered down. Or it's stabdard stern.

#139 3 years ago

I'm thinking this game will be in my collection for a long time. I'll give it a year or two and try to get e new playfeild for that someday.

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I was an early pre-order. My distributor told me the Premiums got pushed back again to middle of September, possibly October. I dont really care personally, as long as they have their playfield issues resolved. Get it right, then send it out. I want to play the game, not constantly fix stuff on it because it wasn't tested or poorly designed.

I agree, but still frustrated its taking them this long to solve the issues. I ordered mine mid April. I was recently told Sept-Oct as a time frame as well.

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from RJL:

This is more than slightly off topic; but the prior post makes me wonder why do US machines have two coin mechs?

I beleive during the tron run they had some USA machines made with one slot. Peoples complained and didn't like the look of it. So they went back to two slot for tradition.
What I heard. Correct me if I'm wrong. I personally like the two slot look.

#198 3 years ago

In the FB video. Did anyone notice if the premiums had the wire form fix installed. Also is the slimer detect mech the style with the blade sticking up? I don't mind this as long as it works.

2 weeks later
#305 3 years ago

I'm thourghy frustrated. I feel like in money pit. Every time it's two weeks. This is the last time I order a newly released game. Supposed to be my fist NIB.
I actually had money saved for another new release this year. I have spent it all in the last month on 8 project games.

#337 3 years ago

Knowing my luck. The asphalt crew just started prepping my driveway. And they say no heavy truck traffic for a week or so after they finish. Basically I have two weeks of driveway down time.
With that said murphys laws states my game will be done soon.

#367 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Nuthin' unusual about this..
Of course, if I have an accident I WILL die, as the machine comes careening through the cabin and minces me through the steering wheel.

I have had this thought more than once. At least the accident report would be interesting.
Is that a regular vehicle. I thought all cars in Australia were mad max like. Or is that just the desert.
Enjoy?

1 week later
#517 3 years ago

My distributer is waiting a week before taking his shipment. I'm on his first shipment though. Is the signature under the clear?

#521 3 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

The signature should be under the clear on the LE model only. Premiums do not (purposely) have signatures on the playfield.

Thanks, that's what I thought, then the photo that was posted looked like the game had black rails. I got premium thread tunnel vision.

#541 3 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Prototype done and tested... New adapter design tested, boards ordered and being run. Couple weeks should be ready..

Definitely interested.

#544 3 years ago

Can someone please explain how / where the ball is hitting the ecto goggles. I understand it's an air all from the left ramp multiplier targets.
Is it hitting the top?

#570 3 years ago

I have one of he templates. But if anyone has templates for these other ones. I kinda like the idea of mounting it on the left also. Not paying for one when I have all the tools and a 4 by 8 sheet of polycarbonate.

#586 3 years ago

?
I know I asked before but I would like an update "todo list" for my premium first NIB.
Wax playfeild?
Install airball protector.
Are scolariy brothers springs still needed?
Are people still installing shooter lane protector? Which one?

I ask because I still have time to get things ordered to I can install before playing.
Thanks

#688 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I know they are fixed. It could be leftovers from before. I have one of the first of the new playfields and I dont' have a speck of ghosting.

I know you guys are saying the issue is not fixed, we have seen one or two domestic premiums with shooter lane kick out issues. That's not the "issue" are there any domestic premiums that have shown ghosting?
Thanks.

#759 3 years ago

Got the email.
I'll be getting mine next weekend. Woot. It's been 6 months since I ordered.
And just got the drive reblacktopped. Let's hope I can drive on it next weekend.

#827 3 years ago

Can someone please measure the highest point of the backbox and how much leveler you have to go up? I decided to mount my custom topper to the wall I would like it get it installed before I get the game. Thanks

#852 3 years ago

I remember during an interview with John he mentioned the ring on the top of the ramp, this was to center the ball to make it work all the time. I would check that part and make sure it's centered.
Just a guess.

Can someone please measure the height of their game? And how much adjustments you have on the rear legs.
Thanks

#866 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Mine is a touch under 77" with the playfield set about 7 degrees

Thanks. I'll make sure my brackets are at 78 then.
Is 7 degrees the agreed upon angle?

#874 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Mine is a touch under 77" with the playfield set about 7 degrees

Thanks. I got it mounted tonight. Now all I need is the game and to figure out wiring.

IMG_3791 (resized).JPG

#876 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I always cringe when I see electronics plugged directly into a wall and are not plugged into a surge protection device. 30% of my repair jobs back home are because of this. Just some friendly advise, I would get a surge protector for at least the pins.

Thanks for your concern, but the plug in wall protectors don't offer any real protection. I have all games on their own sub panel that's protected. Plus I switch them off with a bank of switches in the other room.

#883 3 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

I ordered a little more expensive one that actually shows the voltage going through it, nobody i know uses those little plug ins, there are really nice ones I have hooked in the theater room equipment and tv, and i ordered one for the arcade machines. Cruthfield has a few good ones. Why is the roof not done, thats a killer arcade but the roof not only would look nice but also insulating it well will keep the noise down in the basement. I love ski ball machine, makes me think of the beach.

I work for a copier company that sells expensive surge protectorers. We have had demos and talk by vendors about the others short comings. The best for me is a panel surge and a switch that disconnects power.

Thanks , I built the house two years ago, did all the basement wiring and stained the concrete floor. The ceiling will get done but still working on trim in the rest of the house, and basement bathroom is in line before that. Plus the ceiling will make the basement taxable.

#893 3 years ago

Update. My distributer picked my game up yesterday. I will be able to get it from him this weekend when he returns. But the cliffys for the shooter lane have not arrived!

#911 3 years ago

Got my game Friday just in time to be busy Saturday.
Got it setup late last night and a few games in. Really fun. I have had to adjust both scoops power. I do have it steep but why make the game easy at home. Cliffys are on order but not here yet. Going to take it easy and or try to protect before they get here. Maybe even tape some plastic down. Only has to hold for a week.
I plan on integrating the topper within a week. Need to order some connectors. I will post a video when that's done.
FortyTwo

IMG_3814 (resized).JPG

#932 3 years ago

Got game Friday late late. Setup Saturday and enjoyed. Made a air ball deflector and have cliffys on order should have them this week.
This evening I temporarily hooked up the topper. Need to get some plugs and make proper taps but my random choice of flashers to tie to for the ones I was unsure of was correct. Here's a quick video but it doesn't do it justice. And I'm only tapping the logic low I have a relay board to take the load of the topper.
FortyTwo

#972 3 years ago

Just a checkup. What power do you have your scoops set to? I seem to be having a hard time getting the subway correct. I'm at about 7 degrees.
Thanks

#984 3 years ago

Loosen set screw. Remove arm and place washers on shaft. Reinstall or test. If arm is stuck. Like mine. Carefully bend up while bracing shaft. Test. Done enjoy.

#987 3 years ago

??
It's a set screw. On the slimer arm where it attaches to the shaft. On the firehouse side. No coils I can think of. Not following you sorry.

#989 3 years ago

Last night I added red LEDs to ecto 1a. I thought I read somewhere it fit without slimer hitting it and allows for the spinner to clear.
Has anyone been successful fitting the car here?

In this picture you can see slimers set screw facing the flippers.

IMG_3856 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#1449 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys I'm trying to figure out what in the game causes the magna sling white lights to be on all the time vs when the ball hits the sling area. Maybe it's a bug with 1.11 but sometimes the lights don't go off.
Also with guys that bumped up the outlanes, can you post pics here so I can see what they look like? Thanks

The triangles are supposed to be lit some times. I beleive its number of hits. The more lights the more interesting they react.

2 months later
#1752 3 years ago

Hello. Love my GB premium.
Out of all the features i up paid for I beleive the most lackluster is the ecto-goggles. I think there cool but no reason to ever look at during play. Aka I wouldn't notice if it wasn't there.
I had a cool idea to reincorporate the ecto-googles back in. How about a 10 ghost hurry up shot. A very quick count down from 10 to one. A shot that you may never get the chance to make.
Like the spaceship shot on SI pinball.

2 weeks later
#1761 3 years ago

In the first 100 games you will get lane hops. This is all part of break in. Once you get some games in it calmed down. I get a couple but it's average with any other weird hop on a game. cliffys on the shooter lane a must. Lower th shooter power and adjust the eject power. Also the airball deflector is a must in my book.

#1764 3 years ago

My left is at 36 but not entirely set on that. And the right is at 60. I'm happy with that.
Top of bubble is touching the line.

I appreaciate what you did with those plastics. Just not for me. I will eventually make a set slightly lager than the slings orbget sterns. I don't care for the plastic over the right side. But that's my own preference. If other like them great.
FortyTwo

#1768 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Try the left one on 22 and see if you like it better.

Thanks. Ill give that a try. Every thing seem different since the last fw update.

Pinball life has all the metal avalible raw I beleive.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 218.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sunbury, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fortytwo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside