Topic Stats

• 1,815 posts
  • 246 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by capguntrooper
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 328 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5380 (resized).JPG
IMG_5378 (resized).JPG
pic5 (resized).jpg
pic7 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4984 (resized).JPG
IMG_5327 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
drop2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1272 Cliffs install instructions for GB Posted by Cliffy (3 years ago)

Post #1359 Photos of the Stern upgraded side rails installed Posted by SilverballNut (3 years ago)

Post #1739 details on the "mystery coils" located in the backbox Posted by chucksmith (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 3 years ago

What is the change in manufacturing you guys are referring too?

#91 3 years ago

I have a good feeling that the premiums will be fine. I'm sticking with mine.

#98 3 years ago

Msch - I think you're trying to be helpful by alerting us of the potential but your last comment was a little much. Appreciate the input but if you're going to debbie down this entire thread, don't waste your time. We get your point.

#110 3 years ago

very excited to hear that these might be coming out soon. My first NIB pin.

1 week later
#143 3 years ago

wow - now potentially october? That sucks.

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

I was told september, not happy that I was asked to pay already but willing to wait for a good machine.

I'm assuming this is normal right? My distro cashed my check for the full amount (so all of my money is held up) and I won't have one until mid/late Sept based on our last discussion. Never bought a new pin though.

#187 3 years ago

wait so did stern show off the premium today or was that facebook mention not true?

#195 3 years ago

Anyone else think it's odd that they do global sales first than the US? If I was in AUS I would be super pumped b/c that never happens so good on you guys for catching a break but I'm just surprised Stern does it this way. Any specific reason?

#196 3 years ago

Just saw the video. It still amazes me how manual the process is to build these tables and the fact they're all made in the US is just awesome. I love how stern is super old school and trying to make a great product domestically. Glad to support them.

#214 3 years ago

I can confirm - PRODUCTION starts 9/12 (spoke to Trent as well.)

1 week later
#289 3 years ago

reserved and paid in full a month ago so prob not as early as some here. Ordered from Trent.

#312 3 years ago

no offense to the worldwide folks but it's a real kick in the balls to hear that people who live millions of miles away from an american made product are getting the product a month or more in advance then the local folks. Makes no sense to me. I'm all for people getting them the same time (that's smart) but now it seems US is getting Nov? and UK, AUS next week? damn...

#327 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Bugger kick in the balls is having to pay nearly double the US price.

wow really? that really is a kick in the balls. bloody hell

#332 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

They should be shipping this week.....

just curious where are you hearing this?

#360 3 years ago

Curious how distributors do rank - is it first who put deposit or first who paid full? I would expect the latter right?

Great to hear they're moving out though - especially with so many conflicting reports. I believe I'm 27th with my distributor which sounds like a lot in front of me but still hoping to receive soon!

#366 3 years ago

that's awesome. I'm excited for you - keep the posts and pics coming!

#386 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

First things first. Prepare slimer green apron..

where did you get the (LE?) slime apron from? Easy to install? How much?

#394 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Just got word my Premium should be shipping to me this Friday.
Very excited to say the least.

Great to hear and so quickly too (friday is only 2 days away). That's awesome. What distrib?

#396 3 years ago

For those getting the call/delivery date - can you confirm the distributor and when you reserved and paid in full? Just curious.

#401 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Paid in full in early May.

Wow in may? I can't believe how much time has gone by since it was introduced. I would have sworn it was announced in June but you're right

#452 3 years ago

so I'm trying to decide if I should put on the GB kit from pinball life (specifically the green lanes). They look really good but the premium seems less green than the LE. I'm def putting in a the green DMD (think it's a must as the red seems off) so maybe I'll continue with the green lanes. Thoughts?

#542 3 years ago

guys - did your distro email you about it being ready or did stern email you?

jaystile - which distro did you go through that got 5?

#632 3 years ago
Quoted from Lordanubis:

Yep, I've parked mine up until I get some protection for the shooter lane.

What would you get? Jesus that's ridiculous.

#665 3 years ago

back to people getting their machines - still no word for me. I feel like things have dried up a bit. It's October!

#677 3 years ago

so jealous - that's awesome!

good thing i picked up a RR WOZ - otherwise this wait would seem even worse.

#710 3 years ago

Wow this is pretty disappointing that premiums are still suffering from this stuff. Wonder if start seeing more than 9/8. I thought stern figured this out...

#727 3 years ago

Could be a dumb question but I've never laid down mylar in the shooter lane before. Is it just peel and stick?

#750 3 years ago

Just received the ready to ship email from my distro!

#772 3 years ago

like the impressions and pics - we need more of this as I wait for the game!

As for invisiglass - where did you buy it? Looking for some for this game as I have it on my WOZ and it really is special.

#805 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Coming soon as reported from Pinball Paparazzi FB page.

what's coming - sorry not following....

#829 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Not sure on the ETA, but hopefully soon.

how do you know this? was there a story somewhere?

#843 3 years ago

For the guys who got their game delivered did they just drop it off or was the timing scheduled by the trunk company? I thought the latter but was reading some guy came home and it was just there....

#848 3 years ago

ok thanks - I guess next call to expect is from trucking company. That's what I thought. Thanks.

#888 3 years ago

so I was told my game was ready to ship last Friday - still no call from the shipping company. Had problems with them in the past....hopefully things are still on the up and up.....what has the typical turnaround been for you guys (distro says ready and ship company calls you to schedule)?

#903 3 years ago

well still waiting for mine to be delivered. Told it shipped last Friday and a week and 1 day later still no update from the shippers. so annoying - well the waiting game continues until next week. Def calling on monday as unfort no one there today.

#908 3 years ago

does anyone sell a shooter lane protector for this game that's local and not overseas? After seeing these pics, I def want to buy something to protect the shooter lane.

#913 3 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

I just got one of cliffy's lane protectors for mine. I posted the chipping on my 9/8 premium playfield a while back. as soon as I noticed it I covered the area with 3m automotive stone guard, to help prevent it from spreading. So far it doesn't seem to have spread. On a good note, I still have no ghosting inserts.

You mind linking the product?

#916 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

No link. Just email him and ask. He told me he was super busy this week cuz of expo so have patience. I think it was $28.

Wasn't taking about cliffy I already emailed him but thanks for checking in

I was referring to the automotive stone. Never heard of it.

#921 3 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

I work in a body shop, so I grabbed some of the clear film that we use to prevent rock chips on the hood of cars. I'm sure you can find some at a auto store. I can grap a part number tomorrow.
But I would contact cliffy, his protector will do a much better job of protecting the area.

thanks - I am getting one.

#949 3 years ago

how hard to install the cliffy? Also - I'm assuming since you put it over the shooter, you can see if the damage starts to occur first and then install right? I ask b/c I rather not install and it seems this thing covers the shooter so you wouldn't know if the shooter has damage or not.

Also - found out the tough news that my pin was never picked up for shipment which is why I haven't seen it even though it was expected to be shipped on 10.7. Pin is now shipped so I should get it soon - hopefully!

#968 3 years ago

Premium is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Will be my first NIB. Plan on sharing pics and experiences. The question I have now is do I update the code or not.......leaning towards not.

#971 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

You might already have the new code on your game.

pretty sure it doesn't as it's been sitting waiting for pickup since 10/7. It accidentally wasn't picked up for delivery so I lost a week but the issue was immediately resolved and sent 1 day transit.

#983 3 years ago

so got my premium and all looks good except for slimer dragging. I know a lot of you have had this issue too. What is the easiest way to fix this?

#986 3 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Loosen set screw. Remove arm and place washers on shaft. Reinstall or test. If arm is stuck. Like mine. Carefully bend up while bracing shaft. Test. Done enjoy.

which set screw are you referring to? If it's the top right before the coil meets (has a circle on top of it) - where do I unscrew? Seems like there is a side opening too.

#991 3 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

??
It's a set screw. On the slimer arm where it attaches to the shaft. On the firehouse side. No coils I can think of. Not following you sorry.

I figured it out - the screw on the side of it. I raised a little and it's perfect.

#1054 3 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Picking up my Premium tomorrow at Stern!

Glad to hear!

#1079 3 years ago

guys - do I really need to drill a hole to install the cliffy lane protectors? Never done this before but it seems like a lot of work.

#1127 3 years ago

chrome looks nice but where did you get the new york license plate and sticker? That's awesome!

#1129 3 years ago

very very nice. Where did you even get that plate though?

#1132 3 years ago

awesome - just bought this one

amazon.com link »

#1136 3 years ago

exactly the topper.

#1141 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Switched to 1.10 code but I do not allow modes to time out, just mode continue.

This game sure has an amazing sound package. And you *can* tell that it's in stereo, despite being told by Stern for years that it wasn't necessary because there isn't enough L/R separation. We all knew better.

Agree and agree. I like modes continue only and the sound is really amazing.

#1173 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

my chrome Premium

So my license plate came in. How do you install it on the machine with lights?

#1189 3 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

forgot that I also have the 3 green captive balls and the 1 pink captive ball. here are some pics. I was thinking 6700.00.

6700 easy - the game will sell fast.

#1191 3 years ago

exactly - it's b/c they are back ordered. People want it now and this gives them it. If you want to sell GB - you do it now while you can't get it.

That's why he can get 6700 if not more. Plus the fact it's a good PF. no question

#1225 3 years ago

guys - how sensitive is your slimer to actually register a FULL hit? Mine never has any issues with a shot head on. When it hits a little on the side, it makes an effect but doesn't register as a full hit. Just confirming this is normal.

3 weeks later
#1448 3 years ago

Guys I'm trying to figure out what in the game causes the magna sling white lights to be on all the time vs when the ball hits the sling area. Maybe it's a bug with 1.11 but sometimes the lights don't go off.

Also with guys that bumped up the outlanes, can you post pics here so I can see what they look like? Thanks

#1450 3 years ago

Oh OK. So the more they get hit by the ball the higher likelihood that the lights stay on and when they are on they act even more crazy?

#1452 3 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Right. The Magna-sling lights tell you the mags are active and "could do something" If they are off, you wont see any strange ghostly behavior.

OK. A lot of times the lights are completely off but when the ball hits the sling the light
turns on. Are you saying unless the lights are on before the ball enters the slings,
their reaction won't be abnormal?

#1467 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

If your lights are on all the time your switch is stuck closed.
This happened on mine on the left side sling.
Just put some more slack on the rubber or bend the switch gap a little larger.

no they're not on all the time. Explanations here explain why they are on though (lit solid) which is helpful.

#1551 3 years ago

so got my GB playing really well and love it. I still have airballs though and they are all a result of that left ramp. I have the air ball protector but the ball still jumps up especially that left Multi target. It's like the protector should have been deeper like the right side. I even have the ball jump off the ramp if it hits it. Happens seldom but GD this is a viloent PB game.

Anyone have tips on making those damn Mult targets less stiff? It's really the only "issue" I have right now.

Also - the game drains big time on the outlanes (hits the mid outlane and then drops to the far outlane). Brutal.

#1552 3 years ago

btw - I want to buy the green GB logo speaker grills. Where are you guys getting this from? Don't see it on modfather either.

#1566 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Yes, add additional foam behind the 2x and 3x targets.
Do not remove what's there add another piece of the self adhesive foam cut down to about half the length of what's already there and stick it to the back side of the targets facing backwards, do not stick on foam but the backside of the target.
This creates a nice firm forward lean.

I think I understand but could be some typos. If you have a pic that would be great.

3 weeks later
#1672 2 years ago

dumb question but for the speaker kits, I need to buy the speaker kit and the acrylic pair right or does the speaker kit include the acrylic pair already?

#1674 2 years ago
Quoted from SteveMan:

Unless they changed something, I bought both a few months ago.

thanks!

btw - anyone know what led strip combo would work to light up the space behind the flippers?

#1688 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

For those of you that have installed the Scoleri protectors, would you recommend them? Do they negatively affect gameplay in any way? I've never installed drop target protectors on any of my games in the past, but most games don't have drop targets so close to the flippers. That's the main reason I'm considering them.

def get them. Installed them on mine and very happy. No issues and super easy to install. This game def needs them.

#1692 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

I find the easiest is Comet Pinball's Matrix system. Buy the length of strip you want (3, 7 or 10 SMD), an extension cable (3, 6 or 12inch) and a wire pack (for the alligator clips). Should cost you about $3 plus shipping. Or buy the kit for $2.95. 8 colors to chose from.

thanks - I usually do that but this new stern table - I don't think I can just alligator clip onto existing lights? Or can I?

#1703 2 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

I decided to look closely at this as I had to work on the machine. At 240fps, I was able to capture on my phone a pretty good airball that went straight over the target toward the ramp and got airborn, hit the ramp, and bounced out on the playfield. It did seem that the Cliffy was the cause in this case. I'm going to tinker with the height of the drop target and pitch to make to a bit smoother.

I can confirm that air balls did begin to occur after installin cliffys. After looking into it, I determined the drop target itself wasn't flat which likely happened during the installation of the cliffy. After tweaking it I have no air balls anymore. Bottom line, don't take off the cliffy - you will need it. Just make sure the drop target is aligned properly.

#1717 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Yes, to any socketed light, either GI or Flasher, as they are both 5V.

Thanks worked great.

2 months later
#1797 2 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Hi guys. I thought I would share a video I made that shows the current mods I've done on my GB Prem. If you have any questions, please ask.
» YouTube video
Junky

Hi guys. I thought I would share a video I made that shows the current mods I've done on my GB Prem. If you have any questions, please ask.
» YouTube video
Junky

» YouTube video
Junky

Nice mods. I have the scoops too but went pink for the one to the right to match the underground scene in the movie. Also - you have the same exact setup I'm TRYING to get. I haveGB but looking for Indiana Jones TPA. That's awesome. Hope to find one soon! How do you find having the two play off each other?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 103.00
Playfield - Plastics
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside