Topic Stats

• 1,815 posts
  • 246 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by capguntrooper
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 328 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5380 (resized).JPG
IMG_5378 (resized).JPG
pic5 (resized).jpg
pic7 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4984 (resized).JPG
IMG_5327 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
drop2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1272 Cliffs install instructions for GB Posted by Cliffy (3 years ago)

Post #1359 Photos of the Stern upgraded side rails installed Posted by SilverballNut (3 years ago)

Post #1739 details on the "mystery coils" located in the backbox Posted by chucksmith (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cserold.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1429 3 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Nice. Delivered by FedEx. I trust Fed-Ex over UPS every time not to smash things. What was the seller you purchased from?

I think CoinTaker sends via FedEx.

#1469 3 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Last call....YES he drilled his playfield...his game, leave him alone. I am desperately seeking a fix as the ball hops / drains are making me want to smash the glass.....if he was near me, I would consider....that being said has anyone bought the clear outlane covers? Do they help?

I bought and installed the clear out lane covers and they fix the "lane hop" drain. However, I still want to smash the glass or tip game over!

#1501 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Just bumped up my rails and wow what a difference! Didn't have one ball jump over, no more cringing when the ball goes towards the inlanes lol
How do I fix the 2x,3x target airballs? Do I need to remove the targets pull out the black foam and put something thicker? Also how do I safely remove the targets?

I would recommend the airball protector from Little Shop of Games. http://littleshopofgames.com/product/ghostbusters-plastic-air-ball-fix/ They have two different versions and one seems to work better on the Premium I think. You may ask them.

#1521 3 years ago

I have this but haven't installed it yet as I've had no air balls from the left ramp. Only air balls are off the multiplier targets.

This blocks the airballs from the multiplier targets. I think this is what folks actually mean when they refer to "left ramp airballs"

#1525 3 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

I got one and the ball sometimes gets stuck on the way back down if it does not make it up the ramp. I stops for like 3 -4 seconds then comes out. I will check out the other one!! Otherwise flawless, no ghosting or chipping or anything. CORRECTION. Thats the one I bought. Unfortunately not working well and no more thread to add a washer

They have a modification to the one that is shown on the link that better fits newer Premium games. I actually still have the old one but they are mailing me the new one. I was able to get to old one to work great by using a rubber piece with no nut on top for the top left corner along with washers beneath the deflector on other two nuts (see pics)

IMG_3500 (resized).JPG

IMG_3502 (resized).JPG

#1561 3 years ago

Just tried to install, no good, balls rubs on it. I picked and asked for premium too. I guess I need to ask them for the new version.

Did you put washers below the plastic to make it sit higher off playfield? See below. After doing this mine clear just fine

IMG_3502 (resized).JPG

IMG_3500 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#1601 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ahh, off to the hardware store before tomorrow.
Thanks for the help.
Just curious, I believe you were the one who suggested Oldpinballguy's airball protector. Did your ball clear when installing without washers?

The new design they sent me cleared with no washers. I was also able to get the original design to clear by putting washers below the deflector

#1602 2 years ago

It seems like my right loop sucks. Tons of shots rattle out while shaking crap out of marshmallow man. Some shots hop into shooter lane and here is a rules question: I will get the "gozer" mode flashing on the right loop and make the shot several times and the mode won't start. Is that right??? Thought a flashing mode light meant it was ready to start on next shot. These shots are definitely reaching the rollover switch in back right corner. Anybody else seeing this? If I'm misunderstanding rules please let me know. Thank you!

#1609 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Agreed. I looked this part over closely. It appears to be there to guide the ball but has not switches or sensors.
(checked in switch test as well)

What would be the downside of removing this gate all together? It's clearly doing the opposite of guiding the ball on my game.

#1614 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Yeah, I think taking out a one way gate would be bad. Be much better off raising the gate a bit if possible (bend it up a bit?), or trimming it as others have done to stop any balls hitting on orbit.

Quoted from T-800:

^^^^^ Say goodbye to any high values for the PKE if you can't get the ball to the pops to build the jackpot value.

Quoted from bhwolf:

I'd need to look at my machine to get it, but I'd think the gate would be to keep ball grounded for right orbits, but then prevent left orbits or the ball dropping down the right side when it's intended for the pops? Without the gate you might get a lot fewer balls in the pops and down the right side?

Good points and thanks for the feedback. Will setup some video to capture what's going on back there and try to modify/adjust. Thanks gents!

#1629 2 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

My brother in law ordered his premium last week and received it last night. 12-8-2016 build date, 11-23 PF date. Holy smokes, the game is f'n beautiful!
The outlane guides are perfect on his, no need to hammer them out like the earlier runs. It came with 1.05 installed but we updated to 1.12 without any problems so far. Only issues are slimer needs to be adjusted to be more sensitive (not sure the best method for that) and the right orbit, unfortunately, seems to be designed like dog poo. Big, stinky, cucka. Solid shots bounce around, fly off StayPuft and often land in the shooter lane. That's really the only part of the game I dislike. The game is set to a 6.6 degree incline and we double checked the level side to side.
We got the airball protector installed, but it didn't really work with the small stand-offs that were included. Took out the standoffs and used a couple of washers instead with far better results.
I know some folks are saying the slings are dialed down in the new code but not what we've experienced at all. they're pretty friggin crazy the longer your game goes and they do some really cool stuff.

Here's instructions on what I did to adjust my slimer. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-slimer-shot-registration-issues-on-gb

#1631 2 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

I get my Premium delivered on Thursday. I've waited a long time for the issues to be resolved. Now the challenge will be to get all my mods installed, especially the Cliffy's, before I start playing it.

Congrats. Not sure what others thought but the ball eject Cliffy was definitely the hardest one for me.

1 week later
#1685 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

For those of you that have installed the Scoleri protectors, would you recommend them? Do they negatively affect gameplay in any way? I've never installed drop target protectors on any of my games in the past, but most games don't have drop targets so close to the flippers. That's the main reason I'm considering them.

I think they are definitely needed. Mine were easy to install and have had zero game play issues with them.

#1691 2 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

My Scoleri protectors do not hinder my game at all. They work rather well. I did a video of the full install of Cliffys on my GB machine.
Also here is the parts list that Cliffy sent to me.
You may want to email him and tell him you talked to me about the Cliffys that are needed.
crinear@comcast.net
GB Parts List :
>
> GB-EJ3-Ghost Busters 2pc shooter ejects and Rail GuardT protector set
>
> 1-DROP-Universal single bank drop target slot protector
>
> TZ-GUMBALL-Twilight Zone gumball drop edge protector
>
> Stern-EJRT-LONG-Right side under rail shooter eject strip SPIKE
ยป YouTube video

This video was so helpful. Thank you

#1701 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

You hit the "add a ball" from the captive ball that only lights up during multiball OR you got three "add a ball" from the pop bumper slot machine. If you look at the inserts, below the captive ball, you'll notice one is "add a ball".

The Add a ball is on the left scoop right?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.95
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cserold.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside