IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1272 Cliffs install instructions for GB Posted by Cliffy (7 years ago)

Post #1359 Photos of the Stern upgraded side rails installed Posted by SilverballNut (7 years ago)

Post #1739 details on the "mystery coils" located in the backbox Posted by chucksmith (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#639 7 years ago

no ghosting here anywhere. Over 200 games in. No wear on the shooter lane either.

#646 7 years ago

I don't know the date, tried looking for a stamp, but there isn't one on the edge of the field.

#660 7 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

Can you tell me what lane kit we are talking about, and where I could get it? Is this to keep the ball from jumping the outlane rails? And I assume your game is a premium. Can I ask where you are located? and when you got your game? Just wondering if you might happen to be outside the US and your playfield may have been built with the LEs, before the issues were supposedly fixed? Thanks again.

you don't need the lane kit. Knock the rails up 1/4" with a drill bit and a hammer. Takes like 3 min, and not only fixes the jump over, but reduces your outlane drains by 30%

#687 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Jrockne sorry to see that and appreciate the post. I Think it's fair to say that playfield a are
NOT fixed. Now dreading when this inevitably happens to my table.

I know they are fixed. It could be leftovers from before. I have one of the first of the new playfields and I dont' have a speck of ghosting.

#824 7 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Regarding the right ramp: for my GB it was sufficient replacing the metall piece Holding the ramp by a shorter one. The current one is 2'' and I used 1.5". You can simly unscrew the metall piece from the bottom of the playfield After removing the ramp and out in the shorter one. The difference makes the Shot significantly easier.
The angle is certainly another reason for the Shooting problem, in my opinion a Design fault. But als this is more difficult to solve I would Start with the Metall piece.

you talking about the left side or right side rail on the ramp? The one holding the blue rubber or the wall side? how to you find a shorter version?

#830 7 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Neo, Looks to me they are talking about the hex spacer that holds the cross over ramp. I took mine out to measure as well and the ramp does lower quite a bit. look like if you get a smaller hex spacer it will make the ramp less steep. Only thing I am wondering about is the other end may need to be bent down a tad to level it out.
magicchiz

I did this as well. I explained it in my solution. I lowered the hex about 1/4" and attached the exit of the ramp, under the plastic and washer so that was lowered as well. Have no problems with the exiting. Actually might be exiting to fast, because sometimes it gets spin on it when it exits, and goes upwards. I wanted to find a way to shorten, the blue rubber side. this would increase the entry point a lot. I may trim my blue rubber down by half. Would allow a much better angle for the shot. They should have just rotated the ramp slightly clockwise about 2 degrees more and the entry point would have been much more natural.

#850 7 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

What about pulling the blue rubber side out a little and just putting a piece of rubber between it and the plastic ramp. opening up the entrance a little. Now it cant be much, or the ball draining down by the wire form gate may send the ball straight to the middle of the flippers. Just a thought.
Magicchiz

you can't really pull to the left with the blue rubber section. Because then your loop will be messed up. right now, balls coming down that side out of the pops, or from slow shots, barely catch the tip of the flipper already. If you move that wall out even more, everything from that orbit will just go down the middle. No room to play there.

#907 7 years ago
Quoted from hawke:

Got my delivery today, I'm in LOVE. Everything looks great, the game plays really fast. As soon as I booted it up, I was greeted by this little guy:
» YouTube video

that's Toonces. And we all know why he's a ghost.

1 week later
#1024 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

How the Heck Do You Know That ...?
Please oh please continue.

because we live like an hour away from the stern factory and people that work there, are all interconnected around here.

If you want to be in the know, you have to be over here. Not way over there in, "my balls are draggin in the sand because it's so hot AZ".

#1034 7 years ago

i was told playfield issues were resolved and I still don't have any ghosting going on. I think i'm in about the 500 game threshold right now.

#1042 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

Are you having any clear chipping in the shooter lane?

not at all.

#1060 7 years ago

my field says 9.8 on it. Still don't have a speck of ghosting. I think it depends on who made your field.

#1152 7 years ago

please, cracking in the shooter lane? Then you better sell all your machines because any game with clear on it, will crack in the shooter lane no matter what. TZ, TAF, CFTBL all of them crack in the shooter lanes. They all get ground in dirt and it's ware and tear. It's going to happen. What's the point on owning a car if it's just going to sit in the garage. If it bothers you 20 years from now, have the playfield restored. It will need it anyway, because inserts will shift and raise anyway.

#1159 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

My HUO TSPP 3k plays
My TOTAN 20 years of play

it's the type of ball feed system that effects that. How the ball is brought into play has a lot to do with the damage done. WPC95 games don't fire the ball all that hard up the system. The way they are setup, the shooter lanes usually don't get that worn out. Sometimes they do, but usually the through is bent or misadjusted. I have to repair and restore a lot more WPC shooter lanes than WPC95.

#1162 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Forgive my ignorance and the Seinfeldian nature of my question, but what's the deal with shooter lane wear? Does it impact game play, and if not, why should I care?

I think the biggest issue is that people think that their game will look like it has more gameplay than it really does, as the shooter lane takes such a beating early in it's life. But really doesn't effect anything, and 7 and 8 years ago, people didn't even ask about the shooter lane. Collectors didn't give a shit and it was secondary. Collector market has become more anal about stuff that really doesn't mean shit in the grand scheme of things. Back in the day, you were happy if all the plastics were there, and only 1 was cracked. That a playfield wasn't worn beyond the edges of the inserts and the cabinet still had red or orange still in it.

#1172 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

If the clear is cracking in the shooter lane at less then 100 plays it surely is an indication that the playfields are probably going to suffer bigger durability issues. Playfields with decent shooter lanes are indicaters that the playfields are relatively resistant to damage. My RCT shooter lane and outhole is in fantastic shape after all this time as well as the playfield. When I owned TSPP the shooter lane was in fantastic condition when I sold it. I personally do not care what the shooter lane looks like cosmetically within reason but if it indicates future problems down the road then yes I am concerned. It will be something everyone checks when buying games from these manufactured time periods in the future by informed buyers as well as the unseen out hole.

remember, those are white star games. different setup in the ball feed system. Spike and SAM systems I think are harder on the playfield on how they extrude the ball.

#1175 7 years ago

I don't think they are. My LOTR doesn't have chipping or crushed in the shooter lane but my AC/DC and TF do. I think the system is different. The ball fires hardcore on my SAM systems ,and not so much on my whitestar games. I think the top of the exit has changed. Where it's directing the ball more up and then downward instead of out to the wall.

#1211 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Who has them for cheaper then 6695$ shipped I'd like to know

if you want the good prices, you have to pick up yourself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.95
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.