Topic Stats

• 1,815 posts
  • 246 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by capguntrooper
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 328 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5380 (resized).JPG
IMG_5378 (resized).JPG
pic5 (resized).jpg
pic7 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4984 (resized).JPG
IMG_5327 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
drop2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1272 Cliffs install instructions for GB Posted by Cliffy (3 years ago)

Post #1359 Photos of the Stern upgraded side rails installed Posted by SilverballNut (3 years ago)

Post #1739 details on the "mystery coils" located in the backbox Posted by chucksmith (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider air_pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Now that the LE model is arriving in people's homes, it's time to turn our attention to the Premium model. Have you been notified by your distro to pay in full? Any estimated dates for delivery?

Later, we can share unboxing photos, first thoughts, questions and concerns.

My distro asked for the money about 10 days ago. He couldn't give me an exact date, which I understand, but I'm guessing late July or early August.

What's your story?

#4 3 years ago

More LE games arriving today.....progress for us!

#6 3 years ago

Looks like LE machines are showing up in the U.S. now.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

I was told July.....
Of 2017 lol!

For your Hobbit?

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I just had my distro contact stern about my long awaited le and the good news is that our number is coming up,what ever that means so since we are in the third week of July and they are not even close to finishing up the le run or unless they are going to make premiums before they finish the le run which would not surprise me one bit you guys are a month out at least ,I don't expect my le until August, I wish I had a better feeling about what is going on

What makes you think they aren't close to wrapping up the LEs?

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I am only going on how any distors are still waiting for there le games but I a just letting off some steam because of my frustration,I hope you guys get your games tomorrow

You're right. My distro just told me that the rest of the LE's are delayed till August, with Premiums after.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

I don't mind waiting but this has got to be the longest LE release ever.

Which by extension makes it the longest Premium release too!

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

"Pain in full" pretty much sums up how I feel about my GB Pro. I paid for mine 1st week in May. A few got shipped then they stopped. Seriously considering an upgrade to Premium just to get the damn game sooner!

Plus it's a better game!

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Trent at Tilt told me early August when we exchanged emails last week.
Is anyone getting the inner playfield blades? I'm trying to decide between mirror blades and the Zombie Yeti blades that Stern is offering. Has anyone seen them both on a machine (Pro or LE)? Would love to hear your input.

I have the Zombie Yeti blades, but no machine yet. They look great to me.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Have not talked to Trent since he asked me to pay in full a few weeks back but said in his email it was supposed to ship mid July with very ish wording. So no idea and seems like dealers don't know a thing either.

He just told me the LE's won't finish up till August, and the Premiums after that.

Maybe late August? God, I hope so!

1 week later
#80 3 years ago

There was a supposed "pause" in LE manufacturing in the later half of July, and that the LE's are being made again this week.

I'm very curious to see if LE's made in August have the ghosting issue or not. That's going to determine whether or not I cancel my Premium order. I'm going to take it right up to the edge before canceling, because I want this so bad.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Bump Air-Pinball,me as well! Also,i kinda hated it when MrBellman sold his LE cause the LEDs blinded him!!

I'd sell an LE too, because that green is God-awful ugly! Thank God the Premium is so nice!

#90 3 years ago

Looks like the captive ball guide has been fixed on newer LE's. This bodes well for other tweaks on our Premiums.

lg_(resized).png

#92 3 years ago

From another thread.....update from Gary Stern.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-delays/page/20#post-3279611

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

The premium at Logan arcade has ghosting, so no.

That was probably made in July or earlier. There was a test one at Rock Mountain over a month ago.

Those aren't indicative of the August run coming up.

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Keep telling yourself that.

Nothing to tell myself.

So, unless you have pics of this "ghosting" Premium, and pics of it's manufacture date and playfield date being in August.......zip it.

#103 3 years ago

The Stern memo that leaked out a few days ago said they were going to build Premiums in August. I still think a few will trickle out by the end of the month, but only for those who were first in line with their deposits of course. I'm not one of those, but my friend might be. I'll have to enjoy playing his first.

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Games are still being shipped with bad playfields.
I played an LE that was built at the beginning of this month (August), and the playfield already had clear cracking around the ghosted inserts as well as multiple other inserts starting to ghost.

Really? No one has posted that yet on Pinside. The few August games that people have got look good so far.

#127 3 years ago

Talked to my distro today. He said domestic Premiums are going on the line in September. Other have mentioned that an oversees Premium run was done a few weeks ago, and those are arriving off the boat next week. I'm guessing those will have ghosting issues.

Hope to God that Stern has figured out this mess by the time the domestic Premiums are made next month.

#144 3 years ago

If it goes past the Alien reveal at Expo in October, Stern is going to be fucked. Seriously, I've always defended them in the past, but October is bullshit.

#191 3 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

In case one gets jammed...

Agreed. Why do the international pins only have one?

#205 3 years ago
Quoted from karl:

My premium was shipped early this week. It takes ca 4 weeks until it arrives in Oslo, Norway.

Too bad their is a giant pneumatic tube they could send it to you quicker!

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Emailed Trent today and he confirmed that domestic Premiums should start shipping the week of September 12th.

I checked with Trent in the last hour. He said PRODUCTION starts on the 12th.

Still.....some progress.

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Why can't it be both? It doesn't take a week to build a pinball machine. I can see them starting on the 12th and shipping them in the same week.

It can be, but no games are going to ship on the 12th.

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Why have we already seen new premiums already shipped and received then? Test run?

Those were the international shipments. They had one coin mech in the video on Stern's Facebook video.

#228 3 years ago

Well, yes, there were a few demo units. I saw one on YouTube almost two months ago.

None of that is helping us though.

#240 3 years ago
Quoted from Tech257:

We got one!
It's at Level 257 in Schaumburg IL

What's the build date of the machine and the playfield?

1 week later
#276 3 years ago

Trent says production starts this Friday.

#304 3 years ago

They have already made a run of Premiums for overseas. Those are hitting the docks about now. We'll know soon if the playfield issues are fixed on Premiums.

#308 3 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

The few I have already seen in Illinois looked great, but they hadn't seen a ton of activity yet.
Brad

Yeah, I'm not sure what those were...a few test runs perhaps.

Supposedly, the first domestic run hasn't started yet.

#311 3 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

I just got a email saying stock should be shipping mid November. They are in full production right now it states. I paid deposit on day one and I am second on list. I hope it gets here sooner.

You'd better. If production is taking place now, you should get it in a few days based on your position.

#328 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, I'm at the point where I might just cancel, or at the very least tell my distrib to put a hold on shipping mine until there's a code update to see if the game has improved its fun factor. Just went to a local place to play GBLE a few more times, and it's just not fun in its current form...and throw in all the possible defects the game might arrive with, do I really want to bother? Might be best to wait a year and get one then, or just buy a used one locally....or just skip it, I don't need another game lol

Yeah, you better skip it. I think you're in love with the theme more than the actual game, to be honest.

#340 3 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I heard from my distributor this morning that mine should be shipping within the next two weeks.

That's what they always say.....

#346 3 years ago

I'm so excited! Some movement!

#349 3 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Anyone here from Trent I don't want to bug him again

A friend with and order in with Trent too said he wrote this today.

"They are coming out slowly over the next couple of weeks."

#390 3 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I Iike your green apron but wondering if a purple apron would look better on the Premium since there isn't as much green going on in comparison the the LE? Id like to order one of your aprons in purple and give it a shot. Thanks for the pics.

Agreed. A translucent pink might be nice to match the look of pink slime.

#468 3 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Waiting to hear from the freight company. My premium should be here tomorrow or Wednesday.

Are you in USA/Canada or overseas?

#538 3 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

It was hard to set it up and rush back to work before playing a game, but this thing looks amazing! Also, the factory sound on this machine is incredible!
All inserts looked good too.
Gotta go now so I can finish work and get the hell home!

Interesting. Your Premium has LE decals on the apron.

#548 3 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

That's one of the cleaner looking airball protectors I've seen someone make. Is someone offering that type for sale or did you make that yourself? Looks great! I would really like to have one ready for when my machine gets here.

OLDPINGUY makes these. He has thoroughly tested it, refining it several times before selling it.

You can get it with or without decals. I just got the clear one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-air-ball-protector-now-available

#550 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

No I designed and made this myself. May be available from Pinball Heaven soon.

I wasn't implying they were they same protectors. I was just showing him an option.

#619 3 years ago

Hopefully I can call Stern and get some "Pro" apron decals. The LE ones don't match the astetchics of the Premium model.

#692 3 years ago

My friend and I are going through Tilt. He was a few spots ahead of me, and just got word his is about to ship!

Now, I'm really excited!

#694 3 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Do you know what your number was in the queue? I'm getting mine thru Tilt add well.

He was 20, I am 30.

At least as of a few weeks ago.

#737 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

- Slimer moves flawlessly. No rubbing or smacking into anything. Anyone who says Slimer is more fun on the Pro is delusional and lying to themselves.

That would be RareHero!

Quoted from T-800:

- Autolauncher flings the ball at Mach 10. Need to look into toning that down a little bit. About 15% of the time it smacks the back wall and trickles down through the right orbit.

Apparently, you can buy a spring for the auto launcher and a spring for the manual plunger that is less tense/powerful. I don't have the details, but they have been posted in other threads.

Quoted from T-800:

- Drop targets - just like every other GB I've played - hard direct shot straight at it rejects 80% of the time. Gotta plan the shot as a backhand...

You can take a few rungs off the springs on the drops....and they will drop correctly.

Glad to hear Slimer doesn't drag!

#752 3 years ago

Slimer is dragging....

Seriously....how are some Premiums shipping with Slimer not dragging, and some with?

#755 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

i assume the arm is not all the way down to the circlip. Seriously you don't need to bend the arm or shorten the wire, I just undid the grub screw and moved the arm up about 3mm (1/8th). no dragging.

I was referencing the video above....I haven't got mine yet.

Hopefully it works out of the box, but I'll start with your advice.

#810 3 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

I'm ready to pull the trigger on ordering a premium. I do not have a local distributor. What places have been offering the best deals?
Thanks!

Try Trent at Tilt Amusements.

#821 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Anyone able to figure out how to get the side plastics from pinball life doubled up like this photo below? The lane plastic 4 screws mounts aren't tall enough to get both on there.
http://www.pinballlife.com/images/products/preview/gb_pro_uk.jpg

Please don't put that monstrosity on your beautiful new Premium.

#892 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

electricians tape inside the first ring
That's it right? Do you get to this above or below the play field?

Yeah. A pic would help.

#905 3 years ago
Quoted from Flake:

Seven months later it finally arrived Monday!!

Man the Premium side art is so beautiful!

I love the midnight blue tone to it.

#927 3 years ago

My friend got his Monday.....no Slimer dragging.

So weird that this continues to be an inconsistent issue.

#931 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Not really. It is a matter of mm. Pins are hand assembled there are going to be variations. For example, some people needed to tweak the right ramp guide, mine was fine. My slimer is now fine, just took a bit of tweaking just like any other NIB I have bought.

A quick test before shipping should be able to catch that.

MM or not.....

#936 3 years ago
Quoted from jaystile:

6. The auto launcher fires like a cannon. It smashes into the back of the table and sometimes nearly takes out Mr. Staypuft or flies right back down the shooting lane. I'm considering putting in a compression spring with more coils to see if that slows it down. I have set the coil power to 'soft' in the settings. Let me know if you have any suggestions. NEED HELP!

Apparently, you can buy a different Stern spring for the Auto-Launcher (much like you can for the manual plunger) which isn't as powerful.

I wish I could remember what Ghostbusters thread that was in, but the guy showed the part for the Auto-Plunger.

#938 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I suppose. I guess I have just learned not to sweat the small stuff. I would highly recommend that anyone who gets bent out of shape having to do minor tweaks to a new pinball machine to just not buy NIB. Read the Hobbit and TBL threads, some people going through similar things on those machines. These are hand assembled with tons of parts. People are not perfect, stuff gets missed. <shrug>

Yes...minor tweaks are fine.

However, this is a issue that shows itself time and time again.

#940 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

The fix *is* a minor tweak. Maybe Stern will address it better in future runs, who knows, but for now, if you have the problem, either adjust Slimer up a bit with removing the set screw and moving him up, or bend the arm slightly, and done, play away.
I know everyone wants every pin to be 100% correct out of the box every time. I agree, it would be awesome, sign me up. That's not the reality. When fixes to issues like this are so minor it is odd to be complaining about it imo. Clear coat issues, big problem. 2 mins adjusting slimer, not so much.

Dude. I understand Pinball owners need to tweak things. I am also a big Stern supporter. Everyone on Pinside knows that.

Respect me when I say this, the Slimer drag is an embarrassing flaw that could be easily caught during QC.

#955 3 years ago

And I think....you get the green colored spring for the manual plunger. The orange one that it comes with can be too strong too.

I haven't got mine yet....it comes with orange right?

#960 3 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

So with Expo behind us is anyone due for delivery on their GB Premium this week?

I have heard they weren't building anymore Premiums till next week. Would love to be wrong.

#969 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Premium is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Will be my first NIB. Plan on sharing pics and experiences. The question I have now is do I update the code or not.......leaning towards not.

You might already have the new code on your game.

#970 3 years ago

Untitled (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 11.95
6,695 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, ME
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider air_pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside