IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1272 Cliffs install instructions for GB Posted by Cliffy (7 years ago)

Post #1359 Photos of the Stern upgraded side rails installed Posted by SilverballNut (7 years ago)

Post #1739 details on the "mystery coils" located in the backbox Posted by chucksmith (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bay78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#137 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

2 Weeks and 400 games and other than dimplearama my playfield is still perfect!

Wow 400 games in 2 weeks. That's a lot of pinball Awesome! Enjoy. I've been toying with the idea of buying one of those playfield protectors for my Ghostbusters Premium so when it arrives I install it before I even play a game on it and hopefully that would help with playfield issues and also the air ball dimples. Anyone else buy one? It's the guy on eBay from Germany selling them.

#140 7 years ago

Wow, no updates or speculation on Ghostbusters Premium lately? I was told September and maybe as late as October for me. Has anyone heard if these have hit the assembly line at all yet?

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I beleive during the tron run they had some USA machines made with one slot. Peoples complained and didn't like the look of it. So they went back to two slot for tradition.
What I heard. Correct me if I'm wrong. I personally like the two slot look.

Yes I do as well. I have a Capcom Airborne with a one slot European coin door and I think it looks silly beside all of the domestic games with two slots

3 weeks later
#393 7 years ago

Still no word on my Premium arriving in Canada. I'm sure it will be soon though with all this good news spreading here. Anyone else waiting on a Premium? My order is with Tommy at Nitro Amusements. He is top notch!

#427 7 years ago

Still waiting for some videos of a Premium on youtube

#525 7 years ago

Let's see some un-boxing pics and maybe a cool video or two. Ghostbusters Premium looks excellent. Let's see some beauty pics

#614 7 years ago

It's the first Stern that I know of to have a Midnight Madness. I've had Junk Yard which has a fun Midnight Madness and I've played Ghostbusters Pro and LE on location but not ever close to midnight. I can't wait until you Premium arrives. Distributor says maybe this week. I'm thinking it will be next week when I'm gone to Expo with my luck!

#617 7 years ago

It's the first Stern that I know of to have a Midnight Madness. I've had Junk Yard which has a fun Midnight Madness and I've played Ghostbusters Pro and LE on location but not ever close to midnight. I can't wait until you Premium arrives. Distributor says maybe this week. I'm thinking it will be next week when I'm gone to Expo with my luck!

Quoted from Concretehardt:How do you get midnight madness?

Play at Midnight. Or open up coin door and change time to 11:59pm and play a game

#686 7 years ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

Here are some quick pictures of my Ghostbusters premium that was just powder coated by Matt from Back Alley Creations.

Wow, I really like the purple. Where did he or you get the back box hinges with the Ghostbusters logo cut into it? Looks awesome e?

2 weeks later
#974 7 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Here is a picture of the cliffy installed

I got notification that my Premium will be shipping in the next week or so. I'm SO excited to get my hands on it. I got to play it A LOT at Expo last week and am ready to bring it in the house and play the crap out of it! My question to you is I see your picture of the Cliffy's installed in the shooter lane. I'm wondering I see in your picture that the right one is not straight and is slightly moved to the left. Is this the proper way it looks and works after install?

#975 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Tell me about it, I'm still waiting for my LE.

I saw an LE on the line when we toured the Stern Factory last Thursday during Expo. With any luck it was yours!

#1004 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Who would have thought that my Cubs would get to the World Series before my GB Premium was ready for delivery?!
In all seriousness (and not to get off topic) I'm so happy that after 41 years on this earth I'm about to witness something that hasn't been seen by many in their lifetime. Go Cubs!!!

Go Cubs Go! And come Premium come! Should have my Premium this week. Can't wait to play it again. I know it's only been a week since playing it at expo but I miss playing it. It really is a great looking and playing game. Hats of to John Trudeau and his team!

1 week later
#1124 7 years ago

Still waiting for my Premium. I was told almost two weeks ago that it was going to be soon. Hoping for it to be this week on one hand. But the other hand says the longer you wait the more chance of issues being resolved. Not to mention that it would sit in the box for a couple weeks anyway while I finish the basement.

#1214 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Congrats,
You know the routine. ..
Playfield date, stamped or hand scribble?

Lol let the guy get it setup and add the Cliffy's air ball protector etc. and play a few games first

#1261 7 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

I received my Premium on Friday, shipped October 27th. October 14 handwritten on playfield edge. There appears to be a date stamp also but it is smudged and unreadable. Like someone else has previously mentioned in this thread or another, the colors on the playfield look slightly darker and more saturated than the Pros/LEs I've seen on route. Maybe 100 games played, no ghosting on inserts or any wear in the shooter lane. I installed a makrolon playfield protector, OldPinGuy's air ball protector, and Cliffy's for the Scolari Brothers before a single game was played.

Did you use the Cactus Canyon ones from Cliffy's page or does he have new Ghostbusters one not on his site yet? And can you post a pick and tell if they were snug to get in there or not?

#1278 7 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

I wrote the following steps for Lee who will be doing a video but in the meantime maybe it will help a few here. I would appreciate any additions or corrections from those who've done it as I do not own the game... yet
GB main eject;
This protector uses two mountings- 3M adhesive and the headless studs already on the game. Prep by removing the headless studs, wipe area with alcohol to clean and also because alcohol activates 3M's adhesives. Peel backing film and top film on protector, line up over stud holes and press into place. Rub down with soft cloth to help activate adhesive as it's also pressure sensitive. Install the headless studs and tighten slowly and carefully watch for warping. Stop when that occurs. Just tight enough is good enough.
Right side eject;
This protector also uses two mountings - 3M adhesive dot and mainly clamping force from the rail. Prep by *NEARLY* removing the rail screws from the bottom. The tips of the screws MUST be below the top surface of the playfield. They can be completely removed but it isn't necessary just as long as they are below the surface. Sterns method of threading the screws into both the playfield and the rail creates a problem for us because it creates a "jack screw" instead of a "vice screw". Therefore the use of clamps is absolutely critical to a successful install of the right side eject.
Lift rail enough to slip the protector underneath. Peel both films from protector and slip under rail taking care to align the metal edge along the shooter groove edge AND the pas-through screw hole. Push the rail down by hand at first to check the protector alignment again. Now use Quik-Clamps or C-Clamps to squeeze the rail down onto the protector. Check alignment hasn't moved and if satisfied only then should you install the rail screws from the bottom. Remove clamps when finished. If done properly there is no way the protector can move out of position.
Rail Guard™;
Prep by removing bubble level screws on rail and film from Rail Guard™. Position Rail Guard™ on rail and align the two uppermost screws over the bubble level screw holes. The Rail Guard™ is notched to provide clearance for Sterns bubble levels. Install bubble level with it's screws through the Rail Guard™ and tighten. My design keeps the level at it's proper incline - you're all very welcome I include a #6 x 3/8" truss head screw for the tail end of the Rail Guard™ and people can choose to use it or not. The level screws are sufficient but some (me) prefer a more finished look with the bottom screw added. You can simply drive the screw in or pilot drill using a #40 drill but no bigger than #36.
Outhole Drain;
Prep by loosening the ball chute from the bottom and removing film from the protector. The chute may or may not need to be fully dropped out, I'm not familiar on GB so you're on you're own with this one I imagine it's similar to my Metallica though and loosening to create a gap for the clip tab was enough. Once the chute is loosened simply snap the protector in place from the top and reinstall the chute.
Drop targets;
Prep by dropping the drop target mechs from the bottom and remove the film from the protectors. Once mechs are dropped simply snap the protectors in from the top and reinstall the drop mechanisms.

Thanks very much Cliff! We all appreciate what you do for pinball! I'm wondering if the website is going to be updated as well and add Ghostbusters to the game list with all the updates like using the tZ gum ball protector on the ball drain and the drop target protectors etc? What is the likely hood of wear at the drop targets if left in-protected?

#1279 7 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

Here are pictures of the Cliffy drop target protectors with makrolon playfield protector installed. I had to trim the right protector (no more kink), since an led pcb board screw was located too close. No issues with fitment or looseness, even with the trimming and about 100 games of play.

Awesome pics! Thanks for posting. I'm supposed to be getting my premium this week so I'm paying very close attention. How long did it take to install the playfield protector?

1 week later
#1323 7 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

Alright folks, she's here. Long anticipated and very satisfied so far.
Below are the photos of the playfield date. No issues to speak of regarding ghosting on inserts at this point.
- Happily suprised to see scoop protectors from the factory (wasn't aware they came standard).
- Right captive ball wireform fix was installed from factory.
- I believe I have the new Ecto Goggles shield pre-installed.
- All switches out of the box operated with no adjustment, except SLIMER, he's dragging his behind on the captive ball as many have reported.
Overall all is looking good so far. Started adding a few of the mods I've collected over the last 8 months for the game. Chrome armor compliments it nicely I think (still in progress).

How is the toppers interaction with the game? I have one just waiting for my Premium to install it on. Do lots of modes trigger the topper?

#1351 7 years ago
Quoted from at_t_2d:

I ordered mine from Cointaker on 10/24, it shipped Tuesday and arrived today! Can't wait to open it up tonight

Wow! I ordered mine in May and still waiting for it lol

#1389 7 years ago

You guys LE or Premium? (Im LE)

Premium for me. Should be anytime I'm told. We will see

#1390 7 years ago

I just heard from Cointaker and my GBLE just arrived at their warhouse, it is shipping out to me on Monday

Have you bought any mods or anything while you waited for yours?

1 week later
#1422 7 years ago

FINALLY! I can't believe it but I finally picked up my Ghostbusters Premium in the 1987 GMC Rally STX G2500 van! And with my new 36" door no more need to take the door off to bring in games. Even if it's still in the box! Now to finish the basement renovations as fast as I can to open up the box and install all the Cliffy's and air ball protector and topper and shooter rod etc. Only thing still on my list to buy is the black Stern accessory side rails. Happy to finally join the club!

20161126_114959 (resized).jpg20161126_114959 (resized).jpg

20161126_115214 (resized).jpg20161126_115214 (resized).jpg

20161126_115111 (resized).jpg20161126_115111 (resized).jpg

IMG_0344 (resized).JPGIMG_0344 (resized).JPG

IMG_0348 (resized).JPGIMG_0348 (resized).JPG

IMG_0351 (resized).JPGIMG_0351 (resized).JPG

IMG_0352 (resized).JPGIMG_0352 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#1553 7 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

I had the same problem with airballs jumping over, and went ahead and tried the bump trick. Then I thought about what might happen.
With regard to bumping the outlane rails: I would advise against it. The playfield is roughly 1/2" thick, and the rails are set the entire depth of the thickness. You will need at least a good 1/4 inch rise over factory location. But. By bumping them even 1/4 inch, you are weakening the hold on the rail and if hit hard enough, run the chance of chipping or damaging the playfield at the drilled hole. Then you're in trouble.
Just my opinion.

With how big of an issue this seems to be in surprised none of the modding guys haven't made the Sam as original lane guides as Stern but just make them longer so you don't have to worry about lifting the originals too much. I know I would much prefer this option to what is out there now already. And keeps the game looking more original which I like

#1577 7 years ago

Do the new games all come with this installed? Mines still sealed in the box so I don't know.

2 weeks later
#1632 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Congrats. Not sure what others thought but the ball eject Cliffy was definitely the hardest one for me.

Same here. Although it wasn't really as difficult as I thought it would be. Just waiting for the Scoleri protectors now. All this done before playing even one game.

IMG_0037 (resized).JPGIMG_0037 (resized).JPG

IMG_0038 (resized).JPGIMG_0038 (resized).JPG

IMG_0039 (resized).JPGIMG_0039 (resized).JPG

#1649 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

My Premium came with an LE pf signed by John Trudeau. The pf has handwritten on the side in sharpie 11-22 and a hand written sticker on the bottom that says Harold L-E 4 and another hand written sticker on the top that says Display Premium.
Anyone think I should put mylar over the signature?

Is that the good old fashioned lollipop side rails used on Sam system Sterns?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bay78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info?tu=Bay78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.