IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 37.
#401 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Paid in full in early May.

Wow in may? I can't believe how much time has gone by since it was introduced. I would have sworn it was announced in June but you're right

#402 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wow in may? I can't believe how much time has gone by since it was introduced. I would have sworn it was announced in June but you're right

Announced March 10th.

#403 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah I just checked my date of deposit, March 23rd. I didn't realize it was that long ago either.

#404 7 years ago

Yep, It's been so long since I paid my deposit (March) that I am going to get my RZ shortly after this shows up...

#405 7 years ago

How long does Stern typically produce any given machine? I would like to order a Ghostbusters premium, but won't be able to until early next year.

#406 7 years ago

TWD has been in production just over 2 years now, so you will see GB's being produced for quite awhile.

#407 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I see a Premium was just delivered today in MN.

Curious, where did you see that?

#409 7 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

How long does Stern typically produce any given machine?

3 years!! So no need to rush out and buy a game just because it is the newest one out now. Wait it out a bit so they can work out many of the manufacturing issues and hopefully even have a couple of code updates by that time too.

#410 7 years ago

Star Trek production is coming to the end sometime this year.

#411 7 years ago

Just got the call, my premium is shipping Friday!!! So sometime early next week

#412 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Just got the call, my premium is shipping Friday!!! So sometime early next week

Great news.
What distributor?

#413 7 years ago

I just got my email stating that my GB Premium is ready. He's running the final payment now. The wait is almost over! It should be shipping friday or monday.

#414 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Great news.
What distributor?

Automated

#415 7 years ago

Anyone know which distributors get the largest allotments and quickest ship times?

#416 7 years ago

I heard maybe 3 weeks ! I have been hearing this for months though

#417 7 years ago

Last I heard was hopefully next week ?

#418 7 years ago

So many GB threads, lol. Where to post?
Playfields on premiums that are being unboxed now are older and will suffer like the LEs.
Happy to report that changing the flipper angle makes the right ramp too difficult so going the way of others with plastic to stop the airballs. This is one of my Arwen ramps cut back to fit. Not pretty, but is doing the job and will do until I get something better.
This is an older playfield with no issue out of the box, so it is clearly gameplay that is upsetting the inserts and not just the passage of time. Hopefully stopping the airballs is the answer.

IMG20160923082930 (resized).jpgIMG20160923082930 (resized).jpg

IMG20160923082921 (resized).jpgIMG20160923082921 (resized).jpg

#419 7 years ago

IM glad to see Premiums rolling out ! IM hoping I get notified of mine shipping soon !

#420 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Playfields on premiums that are being unboxed now are older and will suffer like the LEs.

Bummer.....

#421 7 years ago

It sure is, I was going to grab a Prem but will be sitting on my $$ until this whole pf fiasco is over or I may move towards another title.

#422 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Happy to report that changing the flipper angle makes the right ramp too difficult

Why are you happy about that? Personally, I am very sad to hear this. Is it hard or impossible to hit the right ramp?

I will get my premium sometime during the next two weeks and I am not that fond of the steep JT flipper setup. I was happy when I heard a interview with him, saying that changing the flipper set-up is easy and no problem if you don't like it like he does.

I have also heard that people with pros have done it with great success and having no more difficulty hitting the far left and right shots.

But I can see that it might be a bit harder to hit the far right ramp. I can live with harder, but if it is impossible to hit it, I can just forget about changing the flippers

#423 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Why are you happy about that?

Only to indicate that I was happy to admit I was wrong.
Yes, you can still hit the shots on the right, but the same decrease in energy that reduces the airballs also means a lot of the time a clean shot to the right ramp gets halfway up then rolls back down. I thought I could cope with it but after too many rejected good shots it's a bit annoying.
You could always raise the right flipper and leave the left at factory. Not sure a single pinhead on the planet could handle the aesthetic asymmetry though, haha.

#424 7 years ago

that's probably not an option but thanks for the explanation

#425 7 years ago

"We got ONE" 21/09/16

Instasize_0922144702 (resized).jpgInstasize_0922144702 (resized).jpg

#426 7 years ago

Come join the fun

#427 7 years ago

Still waiting for some videos of a Premium on youtube

#428 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

This is an older playfield with no issue out of the box, so it is clearly gameplay that is upsetting the inserts and not just the passage of time. Hopefully stopping the airballs is the answer.

I don't agree with this .
I have played a GB for 4 months , no air ball plastic nothing , bone stock.
And it's PERFECT, 1500+ games on route.

#429 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I don't agree with this .
I have played a GB for 4 months , no air ball plastic nothing , bone stock.
And it's PERFECT, 1500+ games on route.

Sure, but what I meant was, if it IS happening then it's playing that's causing it. It's not happening just sitting there.

#430 7 years ago

Mine was inboxed today and ready to deliver tomorrow morning with my GOT premium.

I went to check it out and the inserts had like small bubbling on the inside of them, quite a few were like that,but got it swapped over for another one.

Tomorrow I will post some set up picks.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#431 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Sure, but what I meant was, if it IS happening then it's playing that's causing it. It's not happening just sitting there.

Sorry , but I also disagree with this , several reports of ghosting growing after coming home from vacation or not playing.

#432 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Sorry , but I also disagree with this , several reports of ghosting growing after coming home from vacation or not playing.

Ok, just to clarify a bit more, and indicate that I'm not looking for anyone to agree or disagree with me, here is a data point..My playfield was built in June. It is an early run premium playfield, made at the same time as the LE playfields. It has been untouched for four months. It has no ghosting. I am hoping that I am lucky and that maybe mine won't ghost at all, but if it does it will be interesting to see whether it is airballs that cause the movement in the inserts or if it is the passage of time. So far, the passage of time has not scored any points and has a four month head start over airballs. This is just my machine and may not represent the behaviour to be expected on any other.

#433 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Ok, just to clarify a bit more, and indicate that I'm not looking for anyone to agree or disagree with me, here is a data point..My playfield was built in June. It is an early run premium playfield, made at the same time as the LE playfields. It has been untouched for four months. It has no ghosting. I am hoping that I am lucky and that maybe mine won't ghost at all, but if it does it will be interesting to see whether it is airballs that cause the movement in the inserts or if it is the passage of time. So far, the passage of time has not scored any points and has a four month head start over airballs. This is just my machine and may not represent the behaviour to be expected on any other.

I get it Bandit,
Please let us know how it holds up .
I have a premium pre paid and honestly my decision to accept delivery now vs later or ever will depend on what happens with these first ones delivered. Granted the domestic newer run playfields will be a better comparison.

#434 7 years ago

I'm actually starting to worry more about the linear modes now. Yikes, I've bought a three-mode pin.

#435 7 years ago

someone in MN got a prem the other day with a build of sept 20th, 2016. No issue I've heard yet, so anyone in the US getting le/prem from now on should have a new build. Unless they are dumping old pf's in, but they you would think be smart and put new pf's in from all the noise thats been made.

#436 7 years ago

Well, at least the GB bashing has taken a backseat for now. Looking forward to getting it "soon" with infinite Free Plays to figure it out.

#437 7 years ago

Anyone else agree that the Premium is the best looking of the 3 versions? I could have gone LE but thought this looked so much better.

I assume yes but am just wondering since I hadn't seen it mentioned myself.

#438 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Anyone else agree that the Premium is the best looking of the 3 versions? I could have gone LE but thought this looked so much better.
I assume yes but am just wondering since I hadn't seen it mentioned myself.

It's the happiest I've been with a translite in a long time. Is it the best of the three? Maybe, but I'm so happy with the artwork overall that I think any package would do.

#439 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I get it Bandit,
Please let us know how it holds up .
I have a premium pre paid and honestly my decision to accept delivery now vs later or ever will depend on what happens with these first ones delivered. Granted the domestic newer run playfields will be a better comparison.

It's so weird you know. I'm checking the inserts after EVERY game! Is this any way to live, haha?

#440 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

My Playfield was made in June.. Give it 150 games. Let us know then

#441 7 years ago

2 new arrivals today......weekend set for some pinball fun!

"I GOT ONE"

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#442 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

It's so weird you know. I'm checking the inserts after EVERY game! Is this any way to live, haha?

Play the hell out of it and let us know, besides everybody knows the ghosting only happens when the lights are out and nobody's around .

#443 7 years ago

No, you got two

#444 7 years ago

Unboxed mine last night, build date of 29 August. No playfield issues out of the box and installed an airball plastic before playing the first game - will keep an eye on the inserts and post if I do see any ghosting. Played the Pro a fair bit but really impressed with the added features, especially the magna-slings. Very happy so far.

IMG_4960 (resized).JPGIMG_4960 (resized).JPG

#445 7 years ago

Another LOTR recycle. Recognise this? It's the left return lane shield. I don't need it since fitting the brass version.
150 games and no insert issues. The experiment continues..

IMG20160924225329 (resized).jpgIMG20160924225329 (resized).jpg

IMG20160924232510 (resized).jpgIMG20160924232510 (resized).jpg

IMG20160925100233 (resized).jpgIMG20160925100233 (resized).jpg

#446 7 years ago

Any feedback on the code yet? Do we know how deep this game is or isn't?

#447 7 years ago

Personally I think it's one of the deepest games out there!

I think everyone with a premium on order in the UK got it late last week or will get it this week. Mine arrived

IMG_6162 (resized).JPGIMG_6162 (resized).JPG

IMG_6174 (resized).JPGIMG_6174 (resized).JPG

IMG_6173 (resized).JPGIMG_6173 (resized).JPG

#448 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Hi guys, after a two year pinball break I'm back in the game with GB Premium, and have the same build date as TimeBandit, so we can both compare our play fields, mine is the same as his with no ghosting at this stage. Only issue I have had is a ball got stuck in the subway ramp a couple of times and the ecto goggles are half broken with static lines and artefacts on one side, but we have a really good relationship with our distributor down here so I'm not worried. Absolutely love the machine and have had 80 games in two days ..

#449 7 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

I wonder if there's any chance they will change the code so the modes are non linear?

#450 7 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

There has been tons of code talk.

It's deep-ish in the sense that it has a lot of content and things to keep you busy - unfortunately as it stands the code makes it very punishing, repetitive and difficult to advance through the modes, as you have to spell GHOST to start Slimer, then defeat Slimer to light a mode, then hit the shot to start a mode - then complete complete the mode to advance to the next. If you drain or time out, you have to go through that entire process to start the same mode again, rather than advancing to the next like all other games. Due to this mode logic, I find the game to be repetitive and not very fun, and have put my Premium order on hold until it's resolved with an update.

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I wonder if there's any chance they will change the code so the modes are non linear?

Zero chance, but they might change it to be less punishing/repetitive. Example - an option allowing the mode to continue into the next ball if drained, or an option disabling completion requirements.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.