Topic Stats

• 1,815 posts
  • 246 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by capguntrooper
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 328 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5380 (resized).JPG
IMG_5378 (resized).JPG
pic5 (resized).jpg
pic7 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4984 (resized).JPG
IMG_5327 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
drop2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1815 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 37.
#151 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Hosting a tourney Oct 9th.
Would sure love to have my Premium Stern.

Talk to CaptainNeo. He had to reschedule his Premium Launch Party twice and now the third time he is just waiting to get his game before setting a date.

#152 3 years ago

Fyi, mine did not ship. I got notice from pinballstar, but it was an email mixup, and was in reference to an le (not mine). False alarm, but he said soon.

#153 3 years ago

I talked to jj at game exchange he said next week their building premiums should have mine second week in September

#154 3 years ago
Quoted from Djsandoz:

I talked to jj at game exchange he said next week their building premiums should have mine second week in September

When did you order? I heard the same and ordered it last Thu.

#155 3 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

When did you order? I heard the same and ordered it last Thu.

I ordered mine from JJ before the game was even officially announced.
Not that I don't want you to get your game soon but I hope he ships them in the order they were paid in.

#156 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I ordered mine from JJ before the game was even officially announced.
Not that I don't want you to get your game soon but I hope he ships them in the order they were paid in.

Oh I totally agree. No offense taken. Just an FYI tho I didn't order from JJ.

#157 3 years ago

Sweet. Ordered day it was announced. Hope all issues have been worked out, very excited to finally be able to play one.

#158 3 years ago

Here's hoping that September is our month!

#159 3 years ago

I was told they are on the line as of today

#160 3 years ago

I have one on order, but I won't take delivery until I hear that the playfields are fixed. I hope your guys' is in excellent condition. I played the pro and am very excited to put some time on a premium.

#161 3 years ago

I have one on order and I'm taking delivery as soon as they tell me it's ready, lol.

#162 3 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I have one on order and I'm taking delivery as soon as they tell me it's ready, lol.

This and this.

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

This is part of the problem. The only real voice you have is not accepting a sub-par product. When the numbers start racking up with people not accepting the pins MAYBE Stern will do something. I'm calling my distro and requesting a cancellation.

#164 3 years ago

Don't blame you for cancellation I just saw that I have a 1inch Crack in clear in the Pop area also looks like some paint is coming up

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

This is part of the problem. The only real voice you have is not accepting a sub-par product. When the numbers start racking up with people not accepting the pins MAYBE Stern will do something. I'm calling my distro and requesting a cancellation.

Sorry you feel that way. I'm well aware of the issues that have presented themselves here recently. Im also well aware of those that do not have any issues with their Ghostbusters pins. I've not personally had an issue with Stern before so I'm not going to alter my buying decision. I don't think that makes me part of any problem as I will support the company and the product until they personally give me a reason not to.

#166 3 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Sorry you feel that way. I'm well aware of the issues that have presented themselves here recently. Im also well aware of those that do not have any issues with their Ghostbusters pins. I've not personally had an issue with Stern before so I'm not going to alter my buying decision. I don't think that makes me part of any problem as I will support the company and the product until they personally give me a reason not to.

So as long as you're getting a good product you're cool with it. Screw the other pinheads. Got it. Don't come here and complain when your clear cracks and your inserts end up in the bottom of your cab. Seriously.

#167 3 years ago

I have seen a handful of people with cavalier attitudes about the playfield issues until their machines started ghosting. Of course, it's also not that big of a deal for some people. I am of the opinion that a large percentage of 2016 machines, possibly even all, have some degree of clearcoat issues. Likely some of the issues havent even materialized yet, but will down the road. I have my Premium order on hold for now.

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

So as long as you're getting a good product you're cool with it. Screw the other pinheads. Got it. Don't come here and complain when your clear cracks and your inserts end up in the bottom of your cab. Seriously.

Thanks for your feedback. I think you are being a little over the top regarding my post but I do appreciate your opinion. I've always offered to contribute my services here to be of help an never had the attitude of "screw the pinheads" so I think you are off base. If my clearcoat cracks I'll contact my distributor and will save you the time of my updates since you told me I'm not allowed to do so.

Sorry for getting off topic. I'm looking forward to receiving my Premium. Sorry if that rubs anyone the wrong way.

#169 3 years ago

Day one

#170 3 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Thanks for your feedback. I think you are being a little over the top regarding my post but I do appreciate your opinion. I've always offered to contribute my services here to be of help an never had the attitude of "screw the pinheads" so I think you are off base. If my clearcoat cracks I'll contact my distributor and will save you the time of my updates since you told me I'm not allowed to do so.
Sorry for getting off topic. I'm looking forward to receiving my Premium. Sorry if that rubs anyone the wrong way.

Maybe I am. And if so, I apologize. Maybe I misconstrued your post but Betelgeuse hit the nail on the head on how I took it. In other news I'm hoping your pin is free of defects.

#171 3 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Maybe I am. And if so, I apologize. Maybe I misconstrued your post but Betelgeuse hit the nail on the head on how I took it. In other news I'm hoping your pin is free of defects.

No apology necessary at all. My attitude about playfield quality concern is more hopeful than cavalier. The only way we will will know if playfield issues have been corrected is by obtaining feedback from buyers on new runs of machines (that's me). So I look at it as if I'm up next (been waiting since March) to receive my machine and share feedback on the latest run. I'm not trying to screw anyone by accepting my order. That line of thinking would lead me to believe that anyone that is buying a NIB Stern right now (including the Batman 66 preorders) is also screwing the community. I don't think that's anyone's intentions.

I see where you are coming from. I guess we just have different ways of looking at it and that's OK too. I hope that this next run of pins proves strong and you end up ordering your premium again!

#172 3 years ago

GB Premiums on the line, live feed on Stern's FB page.

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Don't blame you for cancellation I just saw that I have a 1inch Crack in clear in the Pop area also looks like some paint is coming up

Can you post a pic when you get a chance? Just curious.

#174 3 years ago

Anyone hear from their dist for shipping yet? I think some may have started trickling out.

#175 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Can you post a pic when you get a chance? Just curious.

Will post a pic in a few hours probably about 6 give or take.

#176 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone hear from their dist for shipping yet? I think some may have started trickling out.

Strange! I am still waiting on my LE.. I thought the LE's were always run before the premiums??

#177 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Strange! I am still waiting on my LE.. I thought the LE's were always run before the premiums??

Maybe your dist hasn't received it yet. Some pick them up with truck some have them shipped to them and then to you and some I think even direct ship. I'd have to think the LE's are all built.

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Maybe your dist hasn't received it yet. Some pick them up with truck some have them shipped to them and then to you and some I think even direct ship. I'd have to think the LE's are all built.

Melissa at CT told me that she hasn't heard anything from Stern yet on my LE, if it had been built and was sitting on a loading dock somewhere she would know about it.

#179 3 years ago

Well if they ship bad Premium PF, I think that will be the end of Stern

#180 3 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

Single coin slot

#181 3 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Well if they ship bad Premium PF, I think that will be the end of Stern

Highly doubtful that will be the "end" of Stern if that happened, there's plenty of people who don't care or don't know of the issues who will still spend their money.

The reality is that quality problems exist to some degree in every single product across all industries. I'm not worried so much about these quality problems as much as how the company deals with the complaints. I keep hearing everyone complaining about the problems, but haven't heard how they are being resolved - or a definitive post from a pinside member saying "I have 5 ghosted inserts, cracked clear in the shooter lane and paint coming off near the drain and Stern has decided to do this for me: " For those people with crappy playfields, can you post what Stern's solution is? Or is this going to be one of those typical times where there will be dozens of people complaining about it but never bother to post when the situation gets remedied, thus the perception that nothing is being done about it.

If I know (and trust) that the quality problem will be remedied when there is a real solution in hand then it's not as big of a concern. Granted if there is no "free" fix for a crappy playfield then I'll be pretty damn pissed.

#182 3 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

Someone else posted on Stern's facebook regarding this - at about a minute in there's a guy that just smacks away on the top side of the playfield with a mallet driving the lane guides in. On the second smack it looks like the mallet may have slipped off onto the playfield as well. Is this how they are typically assembled??? Now I know why there is so much variability between games on those that have balls that fly over the inlanes and those that do not...

#183 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Someone else posted on Stern's facebook regarding this - at about a minute in there's a guy that just smacks away on the top side of the playfield with a mallet driving the lane guides in. On the second smack it looks like the mallet may have slipped off onto the playfield as well. Is this how they are typically assembled??? Now I know why there is so much variability between games on those that have balls that fly over the inlanes and those that do not...

Yeah, a lot of room for variance in hand made (and hand-whacked) goods, especially in something complicated as a pinball machine. Honestly, it feels like a small miracle we don't encounter more trouble than we do with quality, breakages and variances from game to game.

I'm surprised they even still do these videos and post them and as often as they do. I mean, I'm glad they do but I can see where the responses can go pretty negative pretty quickly as people see how the sausage is made. One of our local guys thought the factory was in Mexico and now it has turned my post on our local fb group into a Made in the USA discussion, instead of an awesome pin discussion.

I'm feeling like the playfield issues will be exercised out in this premium run. But.. that's just my optimism acting up again.

#184 3 years ago

My bonus is paid in December...still planning for a Premium.

Hope this is all resolved by then.

#185 3 years ago

I've had only one playfield issue with Stern with no fix, so I'm trying everything for it not to get worse. I'm hoping this will not be my second. Hoping that if the first issues gets to bad they may help, or I'll have to buy a new playfield.

#186 3 years ago

I saw an LE cabinet in the video so apparently they are still making those too. Looks like the Premiums were export games from what I saw in the video.

#187 3 years ago

wait so did stern show off the premium today or was that facebook mention not true?

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

wait so did stern show off the premium today or was that facebook mention not true?

They showed Premiums on the line today. Playfields on the rack were marked 8/23. Coin door looked to be single slot export models for overseas and a close up of one machine I noticed was clearly marked for Germany. You can go to Stern's facebook page and watch the video in its entirety. Domestic Premiums can't be too far off.

#189 3 years ago

This is more than slightly off topic; but the prior post makes me wonder why do US machines have two coin mechs?

#190 3 years ago

In case one gets jammed...

#191 3 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

In case one gets jammed...

Agreed. Why do the international pins only have one?

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from RJL:

This is more than slightly off topic; but the prior post makes me wonder why do US machines have two coin mechs?

I beleive during the tron run they had some USA machines made with one slot. Peoples complained and didn't like the look of it. So they went back to two slot for tradition.
What I heard. Correct me if I'm wrong. I personally like the two slot look.

#193 3 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I beleive during the tron run they had some USA machines made with one slot. Peoples complained and didn't like the look of it. So they went back to two slot for tradition.

Yes I do as well. I have a Capcom Airborne with a one slot European coin door and I think it looks silly beside all of the domestic games with two slots

#194 3 years ago

Arrives in Sydney Australia in 8 days confirmed then shipped to Perth so I should have it in 12 days time.......woohoo so looking forward to it.

#195 3 years ago

Anyone else think it's odd that they do global sales first than the US? If I was in AUS I would be super pumped b/c that never happens so good on you guys for catching a break but I'm just surprised Stern does it this way. Any specific reason?

#196 3 years ago

Just saw the video. It still amazes me how manual the process is to build these tables and the fact they're all made in the US is just awesome. I love how stern is super old school and trying to make a great product domestically. Glad to support them.

#197 3 years ago

Because it takes a month to get there when shipped. By the time the AUS customers open their games, the US games should be shipping too.

Quoted from delt31:

Anyone else think it's odd that they do global sales first than the US? If I was in AUS I would be super pumped b/c that never happens so good on you guys for catching a break but I'm just surprised Stern does it this way. Any specific reason?

#198 3 years ago

In the FB video. Did anyone notice if the premiums had the wire form fix installed. Also is the slimer detect mech the style with the blade sticking up? I don't mind this as long as it works.

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Because it takes a month to get there when shipped. By the time the AUS customers open their games, the US games should be shipping too.

It would of been here last week but got stuck at a port for 2 weeks, but glad it's on it's way again

#200 3 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

While that is true, there was also another issue with those coin doors in that some of these did go out on route and there was no cut out for a DBV either. It was a cost-cutting mistake and they learned from it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 1815 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 37.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside