IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 37.
#101 7 years ago

I was also told most likely September by my distributor 2 days ago for Premiums.

#102 7 years ago

Ive heard some time in Sept as well from my distributor ! Which sucks, i really wish I was playing mine already hahaha

#103 7 years ago

The Stern memo that leaked out a few days ago said they were going to build Premiums in August. I still think a few will trickle out by the end of the month, but only for those who were first in line with their deposits of course. I'm not one of those, but my friend might be. I'll have to enjoy playing his first.

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

UPDATE: just heard from my Dealer,(Gameroomguys),they are still in production of the LE's,and our premiums won't be out till mid September!

Fuck, I wanted to play LTG's premium, but that just means another trip to the cities. Maybe i'll grab chinese for lunch that day.

#105 7 years ago

I put my deposit down on March 10th and paid in full about a month ago. I'm picking mine up from Stern so hopefully I'm in one of the first batches that get completed. Pretty anxious to play. End of August would be a pleasant surprise but September seems more realistic to me at this point.

#106 7 years ago

Here's your precious. Delivered last week.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Here's your precious. Delivered last week.

Did you get a prem delivered? I am guessing these will really start shipping in September

#108 7 years ago

That looks like Logan Arcade's Premium...

#109 7 years ago

Someone on this thread says their premium shipped..

Thread in context:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tq&tu=bobloblaw

Specific to this user:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/328

Hopefully he gets his pin and all is well. Fingers crossed!

#110 7 years ago

very excited to hear that these might be coming out soon. My first NIB pin.

#111 7 years ago

Been waiting 4 months and Cancelled my Premium today.
Sad, but I think I'll wait till they get a few things straightened out.

#112 7 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Been waiting 4 months and Cancelled my Premium today.
Sad, but I think I'll wait till they get a few things straightened out.

I doubt Stern would be stupid enough to start shipping Premiums with bad playfields. I would assume they have taken care of the issue. But I guess you never know.

#113 7 years ago
Quoted from Major-Havoc:

I doubt Stern would be stupid enough to start shipping Premiums with bad playfields. I would assume they have taken care of the issue. But I guess you never know.

Games are still being shipped with bad playfields.

I played an LE that was built at the beginning of this month (August), and the playfield already had clear cracking around the ghosted inserts as well as multiple other inserts starting to ghost.

#114 7 years ago
#115 7 years ago
#116 7 years ago

W o w. Is the issue fixed?

#117 7 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

I played an LE that was built at the beginning of this month (August), and the playfield already had clear cracking around the ghosted inserts as well as multiple other inserts starting to ghost.

Did you take any pics?

Concerned Stern buyer.

#118 7 years ago

Word i have is premiums hit the line beginning of this last week. Meaning they should start to roll off the dock any min.

I'm still sitting here looking at my LE and wondering what all this ghosting insert talk is about. *knock on wood* I havent seen a single issue with mine. Looking forward to getting the confirmation that my premium has shipped as well.

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Really? No one has posted that yet on Pinside. The few August games that people have got look good so far.

#120 7 years ago

I was told middle of August two weeks ago. I ordered in April, I have been emailing my Sist when my delivery time comes up and keep getting told two weeks. He's a few hours from stern and I'm a few hours from him. I plan on picking mine up from him same day he gets it.
No solid word on delivery. I'm going to give him a week before I email again. This is my first NIB experience and not a completely pleasant one.

#121 7 years ago

I'm surprised nobody has gotten tracking info yet if the premiums are on the line

#122 7 years ago

I don't think the premiums are on the line yet. I ordered an LE March 2nd and still haven't got it. I think August or even September is being generous at this point as far as a time frame on the premiums. There are still quite a few LE buyers that have yet to receive theirs yet

#123 7 years ago

I saw the term Schrödinger's Playfield coined on another thread which I thought was pretty clever concerning someone's LE in a box.

standard_zoltar_close_up_(resized).jpgstandard_zoltar_close_up_(resized).jpg

I think we will see a Facebook video of Premiums on the line, this week.

On those posts, people will comment, "great are the playfields fixed?" and they will either delete those comments, ignore them altogether or post something like: stay tuned... contact your distributor for more information...

and the circle of life continues.

In other news, GB Premium / LE playfield protectors showed up for sale online last week at some of the usual spots for early-release playfield protectors.

PS, I'm not suggesting that a playfield protector will prevent the reported issues, just letting you know if anyone wants one

Looking forward to playing our Premium in September, fingers crossed that it all works out ..

#124 7 years ago

I'm hoping Gary delivers before Santa. At least it's nice out.

#125 7 years ago

my UK dist says September...

#126 7 years ago

My distributor says they are shipping next week.

#127 7 years ago

Talked to my distro today. He said domestic Premiums are going on the line in September. Other have mentioned that an oversees Premium run was done a few weeks ago, and those are arriving off the boat next week. I'm guessing those will have ghosting issues.

Hope to God that Stern has figured out this mess by the time the domestic Premiums are made next month.

#128 7 years ago

I just checked my twinkles, today is their best by date.

#129 7 years ago

The playfield is exactly the same as the LE so it wouldn't surprise me if they start building them this week. I had heard the final LE's were going out this week.

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I just checked my twinkles, today is their best by date.

Twinkies are immortal and can't go bad within normal human time scales.

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The playfield is exactly the same as the LE

And that's not necessarily good, hoping for a new run to try and stop the ghosting

#132 7 years ago

A Twinkie might have a longer shelf life than a GB play field.

You guys stressing over the PF issues being "worked out" with the premiums shouldn't worry at all, Stern would never keep shipping pins that they knew were having issues.

They are coming off of that line no matter what. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Hopefully, your box contains a good one. My LE has held up so far. Aug 2nd build date.

GL fellas!

#133 7 years ago

The only response from my distributor is probably another 3 weeks.

#134 7 years ago

I was thinking about the ghosting issues. I have read that the playfeilds get signed and number. And then recleared for LE'S. Maybe this additional long cure no scuff and re coat is a cause for the majority of ghosting concerns. Premiums are LE playfeilds but short one additional clear.

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

A Twinkie might have a longer shelf life than a GB play field.
You guys stressing over the PF issues being "worked out" with the premiums shouldn't worry at all, Stern would never keep shipping pins that they knew were having issues.
They are coming off of that line no matter what. The good, the bad, and the ugly.
Hopefully, your box contains a good one. My LE has held up so far. Aug 2nd build date.
GL fellas!

2 Weeks and 400 games and other than dimplearama my playfield is still perfect!

#136 7 years ago

I understand. With enough play the dimpling gets hammered down. Or it's stabdard stern.

#137 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

2 Weeks and 400 games and other than dimplearama my playfield is still perfect!

Wow 400 games in 2 weeks. That's a lot of pinball Awesome! Enjoy. I've been toying with the idea of buying one of those playfield protectors for my Ghostbusters Premium so when it arrives I install it before I even play a game on it and hopefully that would help with playfield issues and also the air ball dimples. Anyone else buy one? It's the guy on eBay from Germany selling them.

#138 7 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Wow 400 games in 2 weeks. That's a lot of pinball Awesome! Enjoy. I've been toying with the idea of buying one of those playfield protectors for my Ghostbusters Premium so when it arrives I install it before I even play a game on it and hopefully that would help with playfield issues and also the air ball dimples. Anyone else buy one? It's the guy on eBay from Germany selling them.

A little over 300 games for me. Got mine just after Wacky.

Still only tiny ghosting on Tobin insert.

Dimple city but that never bothers me. I hate metal protectors and i don't want mylar all over my play field either. I hope to wear out the play field from over use and maybe one day replace it.

#139 7 years ago

I'm thinking this game will be in my collection for a long time. I'll give it a year or two and try to get e new playfeild for that someday.

#140 7 years ago

Wow, no updates or speculation on Ghostbusters Premium lately? I was told September and maybe as late as October for me. Has anyone heard if these have hit the assembly line at all yet?

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Wow, no updates or speculation on Ghostbusters Premium lately? I was told September and maybe as late as October for me. Has anyone heard if these have hit the assembly line at all yet?

I was an early pre-order. My distributor told me the Premiums got pushed back again to middle of September, possibly October. I dont really care personally, as long as they have their playfield issues resolved. Get it right, then send it out. I want to play the game, not constantly fix stuff on it because it wasn't tested or poorly designed.

#142 7 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I was an early pre-order. My distributor told me the Premiums got pushed back again to middle of September, possibly October. I dont really care personally, as long as they have their playfield issues resolved. Get it right, then send it out. I want to play the game, not constantly fix stuff on it because it wasn't tested or poorly designed.

I agree, but still frustrated its taking them this long to solve the issues. I ordered mine mid April. I was recently told Sept-Oct as a time frame as well.

#143 7 years ago

wow - now potentially october? That sucks.

#144 7 years ago

If it goes past the Alien reveal at Expo in October, Stern is going to be fucked. Seriously, I've always defended them in the past, but October is bullshit.

#145 7 years ago

I'll gladly wait until October if that means I won't get a shitty playfield.

#146 7 years ago

I was told september, not happy that I was asked to pay already but willing to wait for a good machine.

#147 7 years ago

I want to purchase a Premium, but backed up pre-orders mean I don't even think it would be possible until the end of the year.

Iv got to imagine the play field problems and whatever else is holding up the line has to be disastrous for Stern, and I only have sympathy for the situation. GB was announced in March, and here we are 6 months later and people still don't have those games. Stern should be announcing their next game right now, but they can't do that that either. How can they announce a new game when all of this is going on and they couldn't get it on the line for another 3 months? Id expect an announcement for Expo hopefully...(but its a vault edition?)

Which means 2016 might be a barely 2 game year for Stern. That sucks man. Hope stuff gets worked out as soon as possible and things can get back to normal.

#148 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I was told september, not happy that I was asked to pay already but willing to wait for a good machine.

I'm assuming this is normal right? My distro cashed my check for the full amount (so all of my money is held up) and I won't have one until mid/late Sept based on our last discussion. Never bought a new pin though.

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

If it goes past the Alien reveal at Expo in October, Stern is going to be fucked. Seriously, I've always defended them in the past, but October is bullshit.

October would suck. No one wants these games to be shipping more than Stern does. If it is going to take that long for it to be right, I am willing to wait.

#150 7 years ago

Hosting a tourney Oct 9th.
Would sure love to have my Premium Stern.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 103.00
15,699 (OBO)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info/page/3?hl=steveman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.