By Air_Pinball

7 months ago

Stats

• Started 7 months ago
  • 1,768 posts
  • 243 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 week ago by Fortytwo

Find posts in this topic

Find posts in this topic match certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Topic Gallery

Uploaded by OLDPINGUY
Uploaded by NimblePin
Uploaded by phyreteam
Uploaded by Vino
Uploaded by chucksmith
Uploaded by NJGecko
Uploaded by NJGecko
Uploaded by NJGecko
Uploaded by NJGecko
Uploaded by NJGecko

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1768 posts in topic. You are on page 36 of 36.
#1751 1 month ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Mine came 2 weeks ago,has about a hundred plays on it and the Slimer Mech froze up!! B66LE came Fri.and its so fu...d up.I can't play one ball!! MY last STERN!!!:) BEWARE!!!!

That SUX...... I dont see how anyone can down vote this. Guy spends 18 thousand dollars on two NIB games that he can't play and has to fix himself right out of the box.

Im sure Stern will take care of the issues , but I know I'd be pissed off too.

1 week later
#1752 23 days ago

Hello. Love my GB premium.
Out of all the features i up paid for I beleive the most lackluster is the ecto-goggles. I think there cool but no reason to ever look at during play. Aka I wouldn't notice if it wasn't there.
I had a cool idea to reincorporate the ecto-googles back in. How about a 10 ghost hurry up shot. A very quick count down from 10 to one. A shot that you may never get the chance to make.
Like the spaceship shot on SI pinball.

#1753 21 days ago

How far along is the waiting list on getting a premium machine? I heard February is when more premiums are getting shipping. Who got there's in January and when did they order one?

#1754 21 days ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Out of all the features i up paid for I believe the most lackluster is the ecto-goggles. I think there cool but no reason to ever look at during play. Aka I wouldn't notice if it wasn't there.

It is definitely underutilized in the current code.

#1755 20 days ago
Quoted from bent98:

How far along is the waiting list on getting a premium machine? I heard February is when more premiums are getting shipping. Who got there's in January and when did they order one?

I received mine early January. Ordered in april or may

I love it - great theme, great fun

Have Aerosmith on order

1 week later
#1756 10 days ago

Today is delivery day for mine - I've been in contact with JJ and sounds like they will be getting more in soon. I've got cliffys ordered, but still need to order plastics for the ball hops. This is my first nib Stern so very excited! Are the lane guides higher on the newer runs or do the balls still jump them pretty easily? Pics to follow

#1757 10 days ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Are the lane guides higher on the newer runs or do the balls still jump them pretty easily?

As far a I know, the lane guides are still the same height as they've always been. To be honest, I don't have a problem with them. I never adjusted mine or added any type of fix, and the ball rarely hops over.

#1758 10 days ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Today is delivery day for mine - I've been in contact with JJ and sounds like they will be getting more in soon. I've got cliffys ordered, but still need to order plastics for the ball hops. This is my first nib Stern so very excited! Are the lane guides higher on the newer runs or do the balls still jump them pretty easily? Pics to follow

You can (and should) buy the sling protectors from oldpinguy, that will keep the balls from jumping the lane guides. Buy the air ball deflector also, its a must. You can buy both sets for 45 dollars total. Art does great work also, his protectors look like they came on there from the factory.

Congrats on your first NIB pin, you couldn't have chose a better one imo. If i was you I would set the trough eject to 175 and the left scoop eject to 22.

#1759 10 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

As far a I know, the lane guides are still the same height as they've always been. To be honest, I don't have a problem with them. I never adjusted mine or added any type of fix, and the ball rarely hops over.

I have to agree with that. I think I've had one ball hop the lane since I bought mine at the end of Dec with no mods done. I had planned to tap the guides up but just never did.

#1760 10 days ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I have to agree with that. I think I've had one ball hop the lane since I bought mine at the end of Dec with no mods done. I had planned to tap the guides up but just never did.

Agreed. I did add outlane protectors but only saw it hop a few times. (super annoying when it did)
The airball protector? I cannot imagine playing without it.
I made my own the 2nd week of ownership, then picked up oldpinguy's airball protector. \
I use all the Oldpinguy protectors , Highly recommended.

#1761 8 days ago

In the first 100 games you will get lane hops. This is all part of break in. Once you get some games in it calmed down. I get a couple but it's average with any other weird hop on a game. cliffys on the shooter lane a must. Lower th shooter power and adjust the eject power. Also the airball deflector is a must in my book.

#1762 8 days ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

In the first 100 games you will get lane hops. This is all part of break in. Once you get some games in it calmed down. I get a couple but it's average with any other weird hop on a game. cliffys on the shooter lane a must. Lower th shooter power and adjust the eject power. Also the airball deflector is a must in my book.

Turning down the trough eject power is a must, I cant believe this is not the default in the code. Where do you have your right and left eject scoops set at?

#1763 8 days ago

Ive seen a bunch of Premiums now, and have found a roughly 1-2mm height variation in outlane guide lane height.

I believe this difference would have enough effect on whether a ball destined for your flipper, hops over to the drain lane.
Just watch your own game, and see if this is an issue on yours.

But more so, was a Premium with a Chip in the sling plastic. Apparently, Multi Ball and Magna slings, firing, gets some crazy bounces to the sling plastic, enough to cause a chip.

The Product I make, protects the entire sling plastic as well.

I have tested out, finally, the decals for this, and am awaiting the final batch from Joe, to share.
The decal matches the sling art, and covers for the most part the far metal rail.
Appearance wise, it makes me very happy.

Ill have better pics during the week, and these should be ready soon.

pasted_image (resized).png

#1764 8 days ago

My left is at 36 but not entirely set on that. And the right is at 60. I'm happy with that.
Top of bubble is touching the line.

I appreaciate what you did with those plastics. Just not for me. I will eventually make a set slightly lager than the slings orbget sterns. I don't care for the plastic over the right side. But that's my own preference. If other like them great.
FortyTwo

#1765 8 days ago

Anyone know where I can pick up the raw metal lollipop side Rails ?

#1766 8 days ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ive seen a bunch of Premiums now, and have found a roughly 1-2mm height variation in outlane guide lane height.
I believe this difference would have enough effect on whether a ball destined for your flipper, hops over to the drain lane.
Just watch your own game, and see if this is an issue on yours.
But more so, was a Premium with a Chip in the sling plastic. Apparently, Multi Ball and Magna slings, firing, gets some crazy bounces to the sling plastic, enough to cause a chip.
The Product I make, protects the entire sling plastic as well.
I have tested out, finally, the decals for this, and am awaiting the final batch from Joe, to share.
The decal matches the sling art, and covers for the most part the far metal rail.
Appearance wise, it makes me very happy.
Ill have better pics during the week, and these should be ready soon.

Best protectors out there right now. I put them on my own and two of my customers with GB premium/le's. Love 'em

Scott

#1767 7 days ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

My left is at 36 but not entirely set on that. And the right is at 60. I'm happy with that.
Top of bubble is touching the line.
I appreaciate what you did with those plastics. Just not for me. I will eventually make a set slightly lager than the slings orbget sterns. I don't care for the plastic over the right side. But that's my own preference. If other like them great.
FortyTwo

Try the left one on 22 and see if you like it better.

#1768 7 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Try the left one on 22 and see if you like it better.

Thanks. Ill give that a try. Every thing seem different since the last fw update.

Pinball life has all the metal avalible raw I beleive.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Anamoose, ND
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
$ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Showbiz Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.95
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Plastics
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Playfield - Plastics
Arts Arcade
There are 1768 posts in topic. You are on page 36 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.