IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 37.
#1651 7 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Is that the good old fashioned lollipop side rails used on Sam system Sterns?

I got them from Pinball Life

#1652 7 years ago

I finally got to play a GB Premium yesterday and it was F'ing awesome! The only thing that could stand in my way of getting this pin would be Batman 66. I definitely like the theme of Batman 66 and I would almost consider it my dream theme honestly, but Ghostbusters is so damn good that I highly doubt that Batman is going to be able to win me over from GB. GB is an amazing game and in my opinion is quite possibly Sterns best game.

#1653 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The only thing that could stand in my way of getting this pin would be Batman 66.

Get both, put them "side-by-each", praise them highly in spite of some minor flaws and piss off probably more than 70% of Un-Funside!

That's my plan at least.
Already halfway there too!

#1654 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Get both, put them "side-by-each", praise them highly in spite of some minor flaws and piss off probably more than 70% of Un-Funside!
That's my plan at least.
Already halfway there too!

Lol that would be nice but right now I can only get one. Maybe one this year and the other one next year is possible!

#1655 7 years ago

Nah, just ditch that GOT pro as you won't be playing it much once GB arrives.

I should know.

#1656 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

Is that the good old fashioned lollipop side rails used on Sam system Sterns?
I got them from Pinball Life

I have these as well. Highly recommended!

#1657 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Nah, just ditch that GOT pro as you won't be playing it much once GB arrives.
I should know.

I would say theres some truth to that statement probably, but I still think GOT is still good enough that I want to keep it in my collection. That is a thought though lol.

#1658 7 years ago

Not "probably", more "definitely."
You'll see what I mean if/when you get one.
TWD is more of the keeper in your collection.

I can only push the start button twice on GOT pro in one sitting and for the record, I got the game AFTER I got GBP.
It was my fluffer anyway until B66' showed up.

For your health!

#1659 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Get both, put them "side-by-each", praise them highly in spite of some minor flaws

LOL...minor.

#1660 7 years ago

Yeah, minor...just like the Hobbit.

Besides that sorry-ass DIY kit they sent out, there were plenty of "minor" fixes that needed to be done to that machine for it to play better out of the box.
Go ahead, try and find them all! lol

#1661 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Yeah, minor...just like the Hobbit.
Besides that sorry-ass DIY kit they sent out, there were plenty of "minor" fixes that needed to be done to that machine for it to play better out of the box.
Go ahead, try and find them all! lol

Hey man, if it wasn't for GB being terrible and you needing room for one, I wouldn't have your Hobbit! Thanks, GB!!!

#1662 7 years ago

I've played a Premium and a pro in the last 3 days and Pro feels very bare bones compared to the Premium. I'm not knocking the Pro by any means, it's still a great game but I gotta have the Premium for this pin. If the playfield debacle wouldn't have happened this game would have sold so well it would be unbelievable I bet. GB is a kick as game!

#1663 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If the playfield debacle wouldn't have happened this game would have sold so well it would be unbelievable I bet.

It has sold incredibly well. People
love the theme and art so much, they've ignored the QC, design flaws, and code issues. I jumped ship and know a couple of others that did as well...but we're definitely a minority.

#1664 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It has sold incredibly well. People
love the theme and art so much, they've ignored the QC, design flaws, and code issues. I jumped ship and know a couple of others that did as well...but we're definitely a minority.

I bet it hurt sales more than you think, it made me hold off buying it and I bought a GOT instead. You must not have jumped ship totally if you are still following the GB threads right? You must be still thinking about buying one.

#1665 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I bet it hurt sales more than you think, it made me hold off buying it and I bought a GOT instead. You must not have jumped ship totally if you are still following the GB threads right? You must be still thinking about buying one.

I follow pinball. I find pinball interesting. I don't plan on buying one unless I see evidence that future production runs have taken care of all the physical kinks & the code is finished. If the code merely squashes the bugs and moves on, I'm not interested. If there's a massive update that fundamentally changes how the rules gel & fleshes out the audio package with more humor from the movie - I might be interested again. Based on how Stern rolls, I don't expect any of this to happen. If there's a great code update in a few years, at that point I'll consider a used Pro.

#1666 7 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Mine drops tomorrow from 1-5:00pm. Very excited to quickly get it going!

I have literally played 1 game with my wife and daughter since unboxing it due to other obligations and I just have 3 words.

Best.......Game.............Ever!

#1667 7 years ago

I have a lighting question as I prepare to receive my GB Premium. I hear the voltages for lighting (Spike systems) might be different then the standard 6.3Vdc and 12Vdc. I have so many LED bulbs and strips I'd like to use what I have for mods and stuff.

If GI and inserts still 6.3V?
How about flashers?

For example. Could I still use Comet Pinball's Matrix system LEDs (6.3V) on Ghostbusters?

thanks, appreciate it in advance.

#1668 7 years ago

Yes, I have lit the underside of my city with 3 strips, changed the firehouse to Ice Blue, adding the scoops and undercab, as
well as tie ins for the backbox! All Matrix!

gb purple city (resized).jpggb purple city (resized).jpg

#1669 7 years ago

Out Lane Protectors and Sling Protector in one, will be shipping early next week!

I expect to have the decals in as well!

Approx 12 sets left from first run. Very Pleased with these, and the cost.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1043-arts-arcade

GB Lane and Sling Guard2 (resized).jpgGB Lane and Sling Guard2 (resized).jpg

GB Lane and Sling Guard (resized).jpgGB Lane and Sling Guard (resized).jpg

GB Lane and Sling Guard3 (resized).jpgGB Lane and Sling Guard3 (resized).jpg

#1670 7 years ago

Mine landed tonight...

Delivered, set up, and, well, I only put up one game on it since my gameroom is open, it's late, and I didn't want to wake up the rest of the house.

December 7 build date, Dec 1 PF stamping. Came with 1.12.

IMG_0279 (resized).JPGIMG_0279 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPGIMG_0270 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPGIMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPGIMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPGIMG_0278 (resized).JPG

#1671 7 years ago

Also, someone asked, and I figured it would be worth mentioning...

Came with scoop protectors as shown...

IMG_0284 (resized).JPGIMG_0284 (resized).JPG

IMG_0283 (resized).JPGIMG_0283 (resized).JPG

IMG_0285 (resized).JPGIMG_0285 (resized).JPG

#1672 7 years ago

dumb question but for the speaker kits, I need to buy the speaker kit and the acrylic pair right or does the speaker kit include the acrylic pair already?

#1673 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

dumb question but for the speaker kits, I need to buy the speaker kit and the acrylic pair right or does the speaker kit include the acrylic pair already?

Unless they changed something, I bought both a few months ago.

#1674 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveMan:

Unless they changed something, I bought both a few months ago.

thanks!

btw - anyone know what led strip combo would work to light up the space behind the flippers?

#1675 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks!
btw - anyone know what led strip combo would work to light up the space behind the flippers?

Lermods should work great for that.

#1676 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks!

I find the easiest is Comet Pinball's Matrix system. Buy the length of strip you want (3, 7 or 10 SMD), an extension cable (3, 6 or 12inch) and a wire pack (for the alligator clips). Should cost you about $3 plus shipping. Or buy the kit for $2.95. 8 colors to chose from.

#1677 7 years ago

In before the increase!!! Thank you JJ@game exchange, Can't wait!!

#1678 7 years ago

I'm picking up my premium sometime this week. I want to buy some protectors for the shooter lane and drain hole, but I don't see these on Cliffy's site.

#1679 7 years ago

You gotta email cliffy on his GB protectors.

#1680 7 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

You gotta email cliffy on his GB protectors.

Thanks! Are there any other protectors from him that I'll need? This machine was only built a couple months ago, so I think some of the protectors were already installed at the factory.

#1681 7 years ago

Shooter lane, outhole, switch slots and scoleri bros are his current offering.

For machines that didn't come with factory scoop protectors he may be offering those too.

#1682 7 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Shooter lane, outhole, switch slots and scoleri bros are his current offering.

Will that outhole protector fit other games as well? That seems to be a common place of wear on all recent Sterns.

#1683 7 years ago

Yes, it should.

#1684 7 years ago

For those of you that have installed the Scoleri protectors, would you recommend them? Do they negatively affect gameplay in any way? I've never installed drop target protectors on any of my games in the past, but most games don't have drop targets so close to the flippers. That's the main reason I'm considering them.

#1685 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

For those of you that have installed the Scoleri protectors, would you recommend them? Do they negatively affect gameplay in any way? I've never installed drop target protectors on any of my games in the past, but most games don't have drop targets so close to the flippers. That's the main reason I'm considering them.

I think they are definitely needed. Mine were easy to install and have had zero game play issues with them.

#1686 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Take this as 1 person's experience.

In short, I think they and/or possibly mylar around the Scoleri drops, are essential. I ordered the complete Cliffy kit before I got my GB. I installed everything but left the Scoleri protectors off as I didn't think it was essential in HUO and frankly, wasn't big on the look. After about 300 plays (just this past weekend) I noticed minor chipping on the back side of the drop of the left target. Immediately, I installed the protectors.

Now, I'm not sure if the chipping was from the target (very tight), or airballs hitting the ledge (unlikely), but naturally don't want it to get any worse. I had to sand down the drop target a bit to get the cliffy to fit. My PF, btw, is one of the newer ones, so no other problems (ie, ghosting, etc.) with it.

I can't say for sure if they negatively impact gameplay. I'd have to rig a camera to know for sure -- the problem is, the ball moves so fast and often has so much spin, it's hard to tell if the airball off the ramp was because the cliffy gave the ball a little lift, or if the ball ran over one of the edges -- although the target is tight front/back, there's a gap on either side. So, for now, I'd say no, but anything is possible.

I let my distributor know about the problem just in case it becomes something worse. I may still put mylar around the sides/front. I really don't think it's a playfield issue, although, I've played pros on location that have many thousands of plays and no sign of issues with them, so go figure. I think the speed of the game and airballs are a bad combo, so anything you can do to protect weak spots the better.

#1687 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm picking up my premium sometime this week. I want to buy some protectors for the shooter lane and drain hole, but I don't see these on Cliffy's site.

Just ask for his complete Ghostbusters protector set. It's like ~$90 shipped and has the shooter lane, ball trough, drop targets, and two rollover switch protectors for where the ball drops in.

#1688 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

def get them. Installed them on mine and very happy. No issues and super easy to install. This game def needs them.

#1689 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

My Scoleri protectors do not hinder my game at all. They work rather well. I did a video of the full install of Cliffys on my GB machine.

Also here is the parts list that Cliffy sent to me.

You may want to email him and tell him you talked to me about the Cliffys that are needed.

[email protected]

GB Parts List :
>
> GB-EJ3-Ghost Busters 2pc shooter ejects and Rail GuardT protector set
>
> 1-DROP-Universal single bank drop target slot protector
>
> TZ-GUMBALL-Twilight Zone gumball drop edge protector
>
> Stern-EJRT-LONG-Right side under rail shooter eject strip SPIKE

#1690 7 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

My Scoleri protectors do not hinder my game at all. They work rather well. I did a video of the full install of Cliffys on my GB machine.

I watched your video earlier today. It's very helpful. Thanks for making it!

Quoted from wiggy07:

So the outhole protector is the same as the TZ gumball edge protector? I guess that explains why it has the screw hole.

#1691 7 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Also here is the parts list that Cliffy sent to me.
You may want to email him and tell him you talked to me about the Cliffys that are needed.
[email protected]
GB Parts List :
>
> GB-EJ3-Ghost Busters 2pc shooter ejects and Rail GuardT protector set
>
> 1-DROP-Universal single bank drop target slot protector
>
>
> Stern-EJRT-LONG-Right side under rail shooter eject strip SPIKE
» YouTube video

This video was so helpful. Thank you

#1692 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

I find the easiest is Comet Pinball's Matrix system. Buy the length of strip you want (3, 7 or 10 SMD), an extension cable (3, 6 or 12inch) and a wire pack (for the alligator clips). Should cost you about $3 plus shipping. Or buy the kit for $2.95. 8 colors to chose from.

thanks - I usually do that but this new stern table - I don't think I can just alligator clip onto existing lights? Or can I?

#1693 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I took mine off because I saw that they were causing air balls. They would literally jump over the air ball protector I installed over the left ramp and targets. I told Cliffy and he said he could see how that could happen. I haven't had it happen since I took them off. Either way I am more than happy with Cliffy and his products.

#1694 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks - I usually do that but this new stern table - I don't think I can just alligator clip onto existing lights? Or can I?

Yes, to any socketed light, either GI or Flasher, as they are both 5V.

#1695 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

I took mine off because I saw that they were causing air balls. They would literally jump over the air ball protector I installed over the left ramp and targets. I told Cliffy and he said he could see how that could happen. I haven't had it happen since I took them off. Either way I am more than happy with Cliffy and his products.

I think this is possible... the bigger flaw, I think, is that gap on either side of the drop target itself. The gap is aligned between the ramp and the right flipper, so if shot just right so the ball rolls over the gap area, it's going to get airborn.

#1696 7 years ago

Hey all I just got a storage facility multi ball and over the course of it, it added 2 more balls for a total of 5. Does anyone know how you get balls added to the multi ball? I can't figure out how it's done

#1697 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

I took mine off because I saw that they were causing air balls.

Left mine on and still not doing that. Fingers crossed.

#1698 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Hey all I just got a storage facility multi ball and over the course of it, it added 2 more balls for a total of 5. Does anyone know how you get balls added to the multi ball? I can't figure out how it's done

You hit the "add a ball" from the captive ball that only lights up during multiball OR you got three "add a ball" from the pop bumper slot machine. If you look at the inserts, below the captive ball, you'll notice one is "add a ball".

#1699 7 years ago

Is there a clear description of how PKE Frenzy works?

#1700 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Left mine on and still not doing that. Fingers crossed.

I decided to look closely at this as I had to work on the machine. At 240fps, I was able to capture on my phone a pretty good airball that went straight over the target toward the ramp and got airborn, hit the ramp, and bounced out on the playfield. It did seem that the Cliffy was the cause in this case. I'm going to tinker with the height of the drop target and pitch to make to a bit smoother.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

15,699 (OBO)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.95
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info/page/34?hl=steveman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.