IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 37.
#1601 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ahh, off to the hardware store before tomorrow.
Thanks for the help.
Just curious, I believe you were the one who suggested Oldpinballguy's airball protector. Did your ball clear when installing without washers?

The new design they sent me cleared with no washers. I was also able to get the original design to clear by putting washers below the deflector

#1602 7 years ago

It seems like my right loop sucks. Tons of shots rattle out while shaking crap out of marshmallow man. Some shots hop into shooter lane and here is a rules question: I will get the "gozer" mode flashing on the right loop and make the shot several times and the mode won't start. Is that right??? Thought a flashing mode light meant it was ready to start on next shot. These shots are definitely reaching the rollover switch in back right corner. Anybody else seeing this? If I'm misunderstanding rules please let me know. Thank you!

#1603 7 years ago

Right loop sucks, rattles and doesn't flow smooth and doesn't register shot sometimes.

#1604 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ahh, off to the hardware store before tomorrow.
Thanks for the help.
Just curious, I believe you were the one who suggested Oldpinballguy's airball protector. Did your ball clear when installing without washers?

The ball rubs without washers. I think this is a hazard when crossing over the ramp regardless of who made the thing.
The plastic could have benefited from a half-moon cut around backside for the ramp-up-entry point, but better yet, if it never covered the ramp entry at all which is not likely to happen anytime soon so the best idea at this point is to shim up Oldpinguy's plastic.
I like this one because its flexible enough to take a beating.

If anyone wants to work on a new design...
I'm envisioning a "2 piece version" (Left & right) with 2 mounting points on each piece (L & R) and nothing in the middle where the ramp entry is. I think that would be an improved design.

#1605 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

It seems like my right loop sucks. Tons of shots rattle out while shaking crap out of marshmallow man. Some shots hop into shooter lane and here is a rules question: I will get the "gozer" mode flashing on the right loop and make the shot several times and the mode won't start. Is that right??? Thought a flashing mode light meant it was ready to start on next shot. These shots are definitely reaching the rollover switch in back right corner. Anybody else seeing this? If I'm misunderstanding rules please let me know. Thank you!

Bug in the software

#1606 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Right loop sucks, rattles and doesn't flow smooth and doesn't register shot sometimes.

I can't comment on the switch issues or code glitches (I just had the same issue with Gozer mode 5 minutes ago) but wanted to add that I took about a half an hour the other day to totally level my machine and lower the slope to 6.3 from 6.7 and man what a difference. All shots are smooth as butter. Right ramp is a breeze and right loop screams down to my left flipper. I had a lot of rattling right loop shots and unnecessary Scolari brothers due to leveling issues.

#1607 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Bug in the software

This is definitely not a software bug.
That one way gate behind stay puft man has no wires and is not connected to anything.

#1608 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

This is definitely not a software bug.
That one way gate behind stay puft man has no wires and is not connected to anything.

Agreed. I looked this part over closely. It appears to be there to guide the ball but has not switches or sensors.
(checked in switch test as well)

#1609 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Agreed. I looked this part over closely. It appears to be there to guide the ball but has not switches or sensors.
(checked in switch test as well)

What would be the downside of removing this gate all together? It's clearly doing the opposite of guiding the ball on my game.

#1610 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

What would be the downside of removing this gate all together? It's clearly doing the opposite of guiding the ball on my game.

Watched my video again and I'm not seeing a downside . If you can remove it easily, its free to try it.

I can see that if the bracket works properly, it would keep the ball grounded to ensure it makes the next gate which is important, but I cannot say that it would not have been grounded anyway. ( I know double negative)

#1611 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Watched my video again and I'm not seeing a downside . If you can remove it easily, its free to try it.
I can see that if the bracket works properly, it would keep the ball grounded to ensure it makes the next gate which is important, but I cannot say that it would not have been grounded anyway. ( I know double negative)

I'd need to look at my machine to get it, but I'd think the gate would be to keep ball grounded for right orbits, but then prevent left orbits or the ball dropping down the right side when it's intended for the pops? Without the gate you might get a lot fewer balls in the pops and down the right side?

#1612 7 years ago

^^^^^ Say goodbye to any high values for the PKE if you can't get the ball to the pops to build the jackpot value.

#1613 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

I'd need to look at my machine to get it, but I'd think the gate would be to keep ball grounded for right orbits, but then prevent left orbits or the ball dropping down the right side when it's intended for the pops? Without the gate you might get a lot fewer balls in the pops and down the right side?

Yeah, I think taking out a one way gate would be bad. Be much better off raising the gate a bit if possible (bend it up a bit?), or trimming it as others have done to stop any balls hitting on orbit.

#1614 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Yeah, I think taking out a one way gate would be bad. Be much better off raising the gate a bit if possible (bend it up a bit?), or trimming it as others have done to stop any balls hitting on orbit.

Quoted from T-800:

^^^^^ Say goodbye to any high values for the PKE if you can't get the ball to the pops to build the jackpot value.

Quoted from bhwolf:

Good points and thanks for the feedback. Will setup some video to capture what's going on back there and try to modify/adjust. Thanks gents!

#1615 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I dont have my machine yet but have been paying attention to the issues..

But, would it be possible to move the 1 way gate closer to the exit? This way, the ball could make it around the right orbit and when it straightens out a bit, pass through the 1 way gate?

Not sure its even possible but seems that the problem is that gate being mounted at the curve point.

#1616 7 years ago

Getting My game today.

What setting did someone suggest for the ball trough kick out to be set at instead of the max setting?

Also, can I adjust the brightness level of the those bright A$$ flashers on top of the playfield or even adjust all of the lights on the game?

Thanks

#1617 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Getting My game today.
What setting did someone suggest for the ball trough kick out to be set at instead of the max setting?
Also, can I adjust the brightness level of the those bright A$$ flashers on top of the playfield or even adjust all of the lights on the game?
Thanks

Was like 176 or something. Might be the lowest it goes...

#1618 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Getting My game today.
Thanks

There's a flasher power "low" option in the setup. Unfortunately, I don't think there's an option like JJP has for 4 or 5 levels of insert brightness. All you get is retina-searing mode for the inserts.

#1619 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's a flasher power "low" option in the setup. Unfortunately, I don't think there's an option like JJP has for 4 or 5 levels of insert brightness. All you get is retina-searing mode for the inserts.

Thanks. Set my new game up last night and it still has 1.05 installed. Wonder why they didn't install 1.11

#1620 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Thanks. Set my new game up last night and it still has 1.05 installed. Wonder why they didn't install 1.11

Interesting. Mine comes on Monday. Reading some of the threads on Pinside in regards to GB is like analyzing an illness using google. The more you read, the more you think your going to be dying soon hahaha.

I am hoping that most of the issues I read about have been fixed or are only happening to a small handful of people.

On to my next thought, do I upgrade to 1.11 or wait for 1.12... I hear complaining from all ends it seems.

#1621 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Probably because 1.05 has less issues with weird bugs than 1.11. But go to the 1.12 thread and get the stealth release of 1.12. It solves the main problems with 1.11. The only thing you lose is magna sling adjustment, which they took out after 1.05.

#1622 7 years ago

My brother in law ordered his premium last week and received it last night. 12-8-2016 build date, 11-23 PF date. Holy smokes, the game is f'n beautiful!

The outlane guides are perfect on his, no need to hammer them out like the earlier runs. It came with 1.05 installed but we updated to 1.12 without any problems so far. Only issues are slimer needs to be adjusted to be more sensitive (not sure the best method for that) and the right orbit, unfortunately, seems to be designed like dog poo. Big, stinky, cucka. Solid shots bounce around, fly off StayPuft and often land in the shooter lane. That's really the only part of the game I dislike. The game is set to a 6.6 degree incline and we double checked the level side to side.

We got the airball protector installed, but it didn't really work with the small stand-offs that were included. Took out the standoffs and used a couple of washers instead with far better results.

I know some folks are saying the slings are dialed down in the new code but not what we've experienced at all. they're pretty friggin crazy the longer your game goes and they do some really cool stuff.

#1623 7 years ago

Still a huge fan of the game and had mine since July with a crap ton of plays. Most of these "issues" are quite minor and most pinball have some sorts of issues. Sometimes pinside tends to spread a lot of FUD and make seemingly small things be a major ordeal. I would not hesitate to pull the trigger on this game if you are on the fence.

Eric

#1624 7 years ago

Thanks for yours and others comments. As a PREM fence dweller, the issue thread is pretty active and won't lie, it can be unnerving at times.
Ultimately new game issues and tweaks are common & can be remedied.
Most of all, have more confidence in the distributor that will have my back if something more major arises.
Now I just need the call they have more in stock.

#1625 7 years ago

So it begins, SMH. Replacement PF with 40 plays has started ghosting. Other NIB buyer on same thread has cracked out holes and chipped shooter lanes and was refused a replacement by Stern. Looks like I will not be buying anymore NIB from Stern.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/101#post-3494119

#1626 7 years ago

Played about 5 games and a lot of airballs. I also moved the outlanes up an 1/8 of an inch. They were flush with playfield underneath.

Put mylar about both Scoleri bros and also where the ball feeds the trough.

Adjusted the flashers to Dim, instead of bright and that helps a little bit, but the lights underneath the inserts can be blinding which I hate. JJP's don't blind me and that's where Stern went Cheap instead of using RGB's

The gripe I have is the reflection from the backglass. You can't see the upper part of the playfield that clearly. Wish they would have put invisiglass on games.

Now has anyone put PDI or invisiglass on their game and does it help a lot? I imagine it would but hate the $300 price tag on the glass, wish there was a better low cost option.

#1627 7 years ago

Correction - I also moved the outlanes up an 1/8 of an inch. They were flush with playfield underneath before I made the adjustment.

Have game set at 6.6 degrees.

One thing is that this game is light. I have A penguin dolly and have to stand with both feet to lift all my games, but could use one leg to lift GB. They really stripped the weight out of this thing.

#1628 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Now has anyone put PDI or invisiglass on their game and does it help a lot? I imagine it would but hate the $300 price tag on the glass, wish there was a better low cost option.

I took the sheet of PDI off my TAF and it makes a big difference. PDI glass is one of the best mods available IMO.

#1629 7 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

My brother in law ordered his premium last week and received it last night. 12-8-2016 build date, 11-23 PF date. Holy smokes, the game is f'n beautiful!
The outlane guides are perfect on his, no need to hammer them out like the earlier runs. It came with 1.05 installed but we updated to 1.12 without any problems so far. Only issues are slimer needs to be adjusted to be more sensitive (not sure the best method for that) and the right orbit, unfortunately, seems to be designed like dog poo. Big, stinky, cucka. Solid shots bounce around, fly off StayPuft and often land in the shooter lane. That's really the only part of the game I dislike. The game is set to a 6.6 degree incline and we double checked the level side to side.
We got the airball protector installed, but it didn't really work with the small stand-offs that were included. Took out the standoffs and used a couple of washers instead with far better results.
I know some folks are saying the slings are dialed down in the new code but not what we've experienced at all. they're pretty friggin crazy the longer your game goes and they do some really cool stuff.

Here's instructions on what I did to adjust my slimer. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-slimer-shot-registration-issues-on-gb

#1630 7 years ago

I get my Premium delivered on Thursday. I've waited a long time for the issues to be resolved. Now the challenge will be to get all my mods installed, especially the Cliffy's, before I start playing it.

#1631 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

I get my Premium delivered on Thursday. I've waited a long time for the issues to be resolved. Now the challenge will be to get all my mods installed, especially the Cliffy's, before I start playing it.

Congrats. Not sure what others thought but the ball eject Cliffy was definitely the hardest one for me.

#1632 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Congrats. Not sure what others thought but the ball eject Cliffy was definitely the hardest one for me.

Same here. Although it wasn't really as difficult as I thought it would be. Just waiting for the Scoleri protectors now. All this done before playing even one game.

IMG_0037 (resized).JPGIMG_0037 (resized).JPG

IMG_0038 (resized).JPGIMG_0038 (resized).JPG

IMG_0039 (resized).JPGIMG_0039 (resized).JPG

#1633 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah but didn't Lyman end up doing most of the actual programming and polishing of the game? I could be mistaken but I recall people saying Lyman had taken a Tron home to code and polish because he loved the title. Wouldn't surprise me if Lonnie was lead and sat there twiddling his thumbs while watching Lyman do the actual work

Back in 2010, Stern was trying to make games cheaper to make to accomplish 3 things: More profit per machine, ease of operation for operators, and easier rules for location players to understand. Lonnie and Lyman worked together on Iron Man to create a "formula" that would then be used on a bunch of games - if you look at IM, Avatar, Big Buck Hunter & Rolling Stones...they essentially have the same rules and even somewhat similar design theory. Easy to understand, fast for quick ball times, and some nuance for good players. This allowed them to keep cranking out games with one designer and one in-house programmer. Lyman took the extra step with Iron Man and Tron to give them that extra little polish we all love.

Once George (Transformers) and Steve (ACDC) came back, formula design was out the door again in an attempt to make games deep again...Lonnie and Lyman were on their own and the formula code was out the door.

#1634 7 years ago

True story. And we posted on RGP too.

#1635 7 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

my ultimate topper for my gb ....

How did you make the city scene? The buildings and stuff. I have Stay Puft already.

#1637 7 years ago

HOOKED ON PINBALL’S GHOSTBUSTERS ECTO GOGGLES PROTECTOR INSTALL AND REVIEW VIDEO

Blog Post:
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2016/12/17/mod-install-hooked-on-pinballs-ghostbusters-ecto-goggles-protector-install-and-review-video/

YouTube Video :

#1638 7 years ago

STERN’S GHOSTBUSTERS TOPPER AND SIDE RAILS VIDEO INSTALL

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2016/12/22/mod-install-sterns-ghostbusters-topper-and-side-rails/

YouTube Video :

#1639 7 years ago

My Premium came with an LE pf signed by John Trudeau. The pf has handwritten on the side in sharpie 11-22 and a hand written sticker on the bottom that says Harold L-E 4 and another hand written sticker on the top that says Display Premium.

Anyone think I should put mylar over the signature?

001 (resized).JPG001 (resized).JPG

001 (resized).JPG001 (resized).JPG

#1640 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

My Premium came with an LE pf signed by John Trudeau. The pf has handwritten on the side in sharpie 11-22 and a hand written sticker on the bottom that says Harold L-E 4 and another hand written sticker on the top that says Display Premium.

LOVE those flipper bats they look awesome & work great with the ghost trap on the playfield art, nice touch.

#1641 7 years ago

Yes on the mylar. Your game looks awesome!
In on a Pre as well before the clock strikes midnight 12/31 & formally prices me out.

Ms. Santa confirmed a yes with a wrapped flyer on Christmas!
Helps when all are excited and on board with a theme, am I right?!?

#1642 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

I would certainly think so. There are going to be a lot of balls rolling over that area.

#1643 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

The signatures are under the clear, right? I can't imagine it will wear enough to affect them.

#1644 7 years ago

Those leg light ups look sharp!

#1645 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

The new design they sent me cleared with no washers. I was also able to get the original design to clear by putting washers below the deflector

I have been one of the beta testers for Oldpinguy on the GB premium airball and slingshot protector set and I am very pleased with the ease of install, appearance and performance of the product.

I believe that he now offers them for all three models.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1043-arts-arcade

#1646 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The signatures are under the clear, right? I can't imagine it will wear enough to affect them.

It looks like it's on top. Guess I need to really inspect it but I am too afraid to even touch it.

#1647 7 years ago

Mine drops tomorrow from 1-5:00pm. Very excited to quickly get it going!

#1648 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

It looks like it's on top. Guess I need to really inspect it but I am too afraid to even touch it.

Pretty sure they sign them before they're cleared. If you shine an LED flashlight at an angle, you can see if the ink is on top or underneath the clear. Pretty sure it's under.

#1649 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

Is that the good old fashioned lollipop side rails used on Sam system Sterns?

#1650 7 years ago

I went a different way with the airball protector for GB Premium I'm setting up (i.e. bulletproofing) for a buddy to put on his route. This is my second version, which is a first version trimmed to allow more headroom for the ball heading up the ramp (so the inside cut was by hand and is not pretty). Works really well - no airballs since install. I'll refine it a little more before I make the real one, but if anyone else is trying this, I'm connecting to the post adjacent to the ramp on the right rather than crossing over. I just had to replace the screw in the post with a threaded-top post. Works great.

version1 (resized).jpgversion1 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 49.95
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

15,699 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.