Topic Stats

• 1,815 posts
  • 246 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by capguntrooper
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 328 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5380 (resized).JPG
IMG_5378 (resized).JPG
pic5 (resized).jpg
pic7 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4984 (resized).JPG
IMG_5327 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
drop2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1815 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 37.
#1501 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Just bumped up my rails and wow what a difference! Didn't have one ball jump over, no more cringing when the ball goes towards the inlanes lol
How do I fix the 2x,3x target airballs? Do I need to remove the targets pull out the black foam and put something thicker? Also how do I safely remove the targets?

I would recommend the airball protector from Little Shop of Games. http://littleshopofgames.com/product/ghostbusters-plastic-air-ball-fix/ They have two different versions and one seems to work better on the Premium I think. You may ask them.

#1502 2 years ago

Just bumped up my rails

How is this done? Please elaborate.

#1503 2 years ago

How do I fix the 2x,3x target airballs? Do I need to remove the targets pull out the black foam and put something thicker?

You can do that, but I shimmed the target by lifting the playfield, loosening the two screws that secure the target, and then placing a narrow piece of .020" styrene between the PF and target bracket. This will angle the target forward. The foam was not touched.

#1504 2 years ago
Quoted from PinScott:

You can do that, but I shimmed the target by lifting the playfield, loosening the two screws that secure the target, and then placing a narrow piece of .020" styrene between the PF and target bracket. This will angle the target forward. The foam was not touched.

Can the switch bracket just be bent?

#1505 2 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I did mine with a punch and a hammer from underneath. The wire guides are flush with the bottom of the of. Just tap them back up 1/2 of the playfield thickness. Makes a Hugh difference.

#1506 2 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Just lift playfield and bump them up with a hammer and any kind of drill bit that will fit in there. Was super easy. They are in there really snug so I'm confident they won't go back down. Just bump up the tops by the inlane entrance.

#1507 2 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

I would recommend the airball protector from Little Shop of Games. http://littleshopofgames.com/product/ghostbusters-plastic-air-ball-fix/ They have two different versions and one seems to work better on the Premium I think. You may ask them.

I have this but haven't installed it yet as I've had no air balls from the left ramp. Only air balls are off the multiplier targets.

#1508 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

It's nice to see others in the 6 - 7 month still waiting club. 'Helps me wait a little longer.

I don't understand how people who order a few weeks ago are getting their machines but those who ordered months ago are still waiting??????

#1509 2 years ago

It's called the "JJP Effect."

#1510 2 years ago

I had the same problem with airballs jumping over, and went ahead and tried the bump trick. Then I thought about what might happen.

With regard to bumping the outlane rails: I would advise against it. The playfield is roughly 1/2" thick, and the rails are set the entire depth of the thickness. You will need at least a good 1/4 inch rise over factory location. But. By bumping them even 1/4 inch, you are weakening the hold on the rail and if hit hard enough, run the chance of chipping or damaging the playfield at the drilled hole. Then you're in trouble.

Just my opinion.

#1511 2 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I don't understand how people who order a few weeks ago are getting their machines but those who ordered months ago are still waiting??????

Excellent question.

#1512 2 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

I had the same problem with airballs jumping over, and went ahead and tried the bump trick. Then I thought about what might happen.
With regard to bumping the outlane rails: I would advise against it.

That's what I'm thinking, has to be another way to accomplish this. Would have been so easy for Stern to make them taller to start with.

#1513 2 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

That's what I'm thinking, has to be another way to accomplish this. Would have been so easy for Stern to make them taller to start with.

See post #1454. My solution to the problem.

#1514 2 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Simply some distributors have stock.. while other distributors are waiting on orders to be filled. Distributors can have stock for many reasons.. like ordering their own inventory, order drop-outs, etc.

#1515 2 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Yep, saw it. I like your solution but don't want to drill. Hoping for option 3 next.

#1516 2 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Can the switch bracket just be bent?

Yes, but you have to remove them to do that and the amount of bend is difficult to control. Effect is the same.

#1517 2 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

We have all seen how you decided to handled the problem. I supported you when everyone and their brother were throwing you under the bus. Not sure if you want more criticism or just want to brag that you can drill holes in your playfield.

#1518 2 years ago

But but, he's an engineer! (And likes to build cars and things...)

I was going to ask him what kind of train he drives but I figured that would be a bit forward on my part.

#1519 2 years ago

Actually I just like to bust balls---like this guy ^^

#1520 2 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Yep, saw it. I like your solution but don't want to drill. Hoping for option 3 next.

Instead of the drilling you could try to remove the wire and then weld or JB weld another 'bumper' of the same gauge wire to the front of it. You could then move the post back a notch which would effectively move the outlane opening up a bit. That would accomplish the same thing as the 'drilling the playfield' solution, but without all the drilling. I'm fine with the outlane drains for now though so you will not see that modification on mine.

#1521 2 years ago

I have this but haven't installed it yet as I've had no air balls from the left ramp. Only air balls are off the multiplier targets.

This blocks the airballs from the multiplier targets. I think this is what folks actually mean when they refer to "left ramp airballs"

#1522 2 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

This blocks the airballs from the multiplier targets. I think this is what folks actually mean when they refer to "left ramp airballs"

Oh ffs lol. Ok I'll try and put it on and see if it makes difference.

#1523 2 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

I got one and the ball sometimes gets stuck on the way back down if it does not make it up the ramp. I stops for like 3 -4 seconds then comes out. I will check out the other one!! Otherwise flawless, no ghosting or chipping or anything. CORRECTION. Thats the one I bought. Unfortunately not working well and no more thread to add a washer

#1524 2 years ago

I got a set of Titans and looking over the playfield, it looks like the right side will be a bear to do. Anyone replace the rubbers yet? Seems that the right ramp, subway exit ramp (from under the playfield?), and storage facility, then hex posts, will need to be removed to remove the large plastic.

#1525 2 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

I got one and the ball sometimes gets stuck on the way back down if it does not make it up the ramp. I stops for like 3 -4 seconds then comes out. I will check out the other one!! Otherwise flawless, no ghosting or chipping or anything. CORRECTION. Thats the one I bought. Unfortunately not working well and no more thread to add a washer

They have a modification to the one that is shown on the link that better fits newer Premium games. I actually still have the old one but they are mailing me the new one. I was able to get to old one to work great by using a rubber piece with no nut on top for the top left corner along with washers beneath the deflector on other two nuts (see pics)

IMG_3500 (resized).JPG

IMG_3502 (resized).JPG

#1526 2 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

I got a set of Titans and looking over the playfield, it looks like the right side will be a bear to do. Anyone replace the rubbers yet? Seems that the right ramp, subway exit ramp (from under the playfield?), and storage facility, then hex posts, will need to be removed to remove the large plastic.

Yep replaced everything with the urethane ones from coin taker. Not easy but not to bad either .... Also here is a pick of the new airball. Works like it should. The one I got I still smoothed out some of the lines and polished

IMG_6582 (resized).JPG

#1527 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Yep replaced everything with the urethane ones from coin taker. Not easy but not to bad either .... Also here is a pick of the new airball. Works like it should. The one I got I still smoothed out some of the lines and polished

Great ... Any tips for that right side plastic? Or is it just brute force disassembly of everything?

#1528 2 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

Great ... Any tips for that right side plastic? Or is it just brute force disassembly of everything?

Remove crossover ramp, take nut off R ramp where it connects to subway. Remove all screws from subway and leave in place, remove terror dog sign, now carefully slide R plastic to the left lifting up to pass by posts. Not bad at all and no real force needed

#1530 2 years ago

Is it me, or does it seems like every Stern game needs something extra to make the game play correctly?

#1531 2 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Is it me, or does it seems like every Stern game needs something extra to make the game play correctly?

I think Stern does a pretty good job for the most part but things like fixing the air balls (plastic protector) and maybe raising the lane guides so the ball wont jump them does really bother me. It kind of makes me think that they don't care about their games. I mean how can you have a huge title like Ghost Busters and not address small problems like this? How did it not get addressed before the first game was even ever sold? I am saving up for a GB but I'd like to see things like this fixed so I don't have to when I buy my game.

#1532 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

The one I got I still smoothed out some of the lines and polished

Where did you buy this airball protector from ? What did it look like before you modified it?

#1533 2 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

With regard to bumping the outlane rails: I would advise against it. The playfield is roughly 1/2" thick, and the rails are set the entire depth of the thickness. You will need at least a good 1/4 inch rise over factory location. But. By bumping them even 1/4 inch, you are weakening the hold on the rail and if hit hard enough, run the chance of chipping or damaging the playfield at the drilled hole. Then you're in trouble.
Just my opinion.

Of all the B/W games I've owned and restored, none had lane guides that run all the way through the PF. With as sung as those guides fit into the holes, I wouldn't have any worries whatsoever about this. 1/4" to 3/8" deep is plenty to secure it into the pf in my experience.

#1534 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Where did you buy this airball protector from ? What did it look like before you modified it?

Revised one from LSOG.... had sort of a half moon cut out on the left lower side so I smoothed out the notch

#1535 2 years ago

This is what happens when you just build and ship, with no real world testing.

#1536 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This is what happens when you just build and ship, with no real world testing.

So I guess we want brand new pins both perfect and cheap.

#1537 2 years ago
Quoted from GreatBug:

No reason a game shouldn't work well and play well. Stern used to real world test their games. They'd put them out on location before release and make changes and adjustments based on ball traps, defects, damage, player feedback, etc. they'd make these changes before mass production. Now, they go into production before testing, and owners become the Guinea pigs. That's why Slimer's mech was redesigned after release. That's why the bracket by the captive ball was changed. That's why there's now a new protector for the Ecto Goggles. Not to mention the playfield clearcoat issues! Product testing is essential to any product, especially a complex mechanical one.

#1538 2 years ago

Is there any way to shut off the annoying beeping from all the timers running? I'm only a week in and that sound is like salt in the wound after all the non-stop tweaking and relentless airballs. I'm still on 1.05, so maybe this has changed?

#1539 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Is there any way to shut off the annoying beeping from all the timers running? I'm only a week in and that sound is like salt in the wound after all the non-stop tweaking and relentless airballs. I'm still on 1.05, so maybe this has changed?

I would love to see this option, too, or at least a setting to attenuate. It is annoying.

#1540 2 years ago

Who else is waiting on Cointaker for their GB Prem?

I've "only" been waiting a little over two months, but was initially told it'd be 2-3 weeks for delivery. Curious where others are in the queue.

#1541 2 years ago
Quoted from GreatBug:

BRUH, If you bought a brand new HD 4K TV and the buttons on the remote didn't work and you needed to put a book under the stand for the tv to sit upright you would take that POS back to the store and swap it out, can't really do that with a NIB pin. so imagine buying 5 4k HD TVs all at once and they didn't work. Am I asking for perfection? NO, but it damn well better work and be pretty close to perfection.

#1542 2 years ago

Looking for a code hacker who can edit the code and remove the "OK, who brought the dog" and swap it with "Nice Shot". Top dollar paid. Enquire within.

#1543 2 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Just tried to install, no good, balls rubs on it. I picked and asked for premium too. I guess I need to ask them for the new version.

#1544 2 years ago

BRUH, If you bought a brand new HD 4K TV and the buttons on the remote didn't work and you needed to put a book under the stand for the tv to sit upright you would take that POS back to the store and swap it out, can't really do that with a NIB pin. so imagine buying 5 4k HD TVs all at once and they didn't work. Am I asking for perfection? NO, but it damn well better work and be pretty close to perfection.

Yup. As prices of NIB games have continued to rise so have expectations for quality, value and code support being offered.

#1545 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Has anyone had problems with weak flipper with build dates alter than 9/1 i heard there were some revisions made ( just rumor )

No weak flipper here. Too friggen powerful if anything lol

#1546 2 years ago

I understand the desire, and recognize the reality that the pin customer pool is small, the pin manufacturer pool is small, and pin production volume is small. We are in a specialty toy market, not a crowded consumer electronics marketplace. We are lucky we have the choices that we do.

#1547 2 years ago
Quoted from GreatBug:

I understand the desire, and recognize the reality that the pin customer pool is small, the pin manufacturer pool is small, and pin production volume is small. We are in a specialty toy market, not a crowded consumer electronics marketplace. We are lucky we have the choices that we do.

They're thrilled to have customers like you who will fork over $7k for untested, unfinished games.

They're selling more games and making more money now than ever....yet the quality of their games of yesteryear was way higher - and collectors were complaining about the quality BACK THEN! what's next, games with cardboard cabinets? "oh it's a small market, we should be lucky!"

#1548 2 years ago
Quoted from GreatBug:

Seriously? You only contribute to the problem with that mentality, like Rarehero said Stern LOOOOOOVES you. I am only asking for a working game with the occasional code drop. Taking on the whole attitude of "Oh thank my lucky stars Stern is going to accept my money and allow me to own one of their games" is why they are pumping out flawed machines and DGAF.

#1549 2 years ago

Seriously? You only contribute to the problem with that mentality, like Rarehero said Stern LOOOOOOVES you. I am only asking for a working game with the occasional code drop. Taking on the whole attitude of "Oh thank my lucky stars Stern is going to accept my money and allow me to own one of their games" is why they are pumping out flawed machines and DGAF.

No way this Jackazz is serious, he's just trying to start sh*t. Nobody can be that stupid for real.

#1550 2 years ago

Im in with Cointaker on GB Premium and was told that mine is coming in the next batch ... week if Dec 5th ... hoping for phone call on Monday

Quoted from edowen:

Who else is waiting on Cointaker for their GB Prem?
I've "only" been waiting a little over two months, but was initially told it'd be 2-3 weeks for delivery. Curious where others are in the queue.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Tulsa, OK
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
There are 1815 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 37.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside