Topic Stats

• 1,815 posts
  • 246 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by capguntrooper
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 328 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5380 (resized).JPG
IMG_5378 (resized).JPG
pic5 (resized).jpg
pic7 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4984 (resized).JPG
IMG_5327 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
drop2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1815 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 37.
#1451 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Oh OK. So the more they get hit by the ball the higher likelihood that the lights stay on and when they are on they act even more crazy?

Right. The Magna-sling lights tell you the mags are active and "could do something" If they are off, you wont see any strange ghostly behavior.

#1452 3 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Right. The Magna-sling lights tell you the mags are active and "could do something" If they are off, you wont see any strange ghostly behavior.

OK. A lot of times the lights are completely off but when the ball hits the sling the light
turns on. Are you saying unless the lights are on before the ball enters the slings,
their reaction won't be abnormal?

#1453 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

K. A lot of times the lights are completely off but when the ball hits the sling the light
turns on. Are you saying unless the lights are on before the ball enters the slings,

This is normal. The lights blink on briefly on every hit. They stay on when they are going to do something crazy the next time they are activated.

#1454 3 years ago

I did a little more than "bump" the outlanes, but it works nicely. Getting some grief from other forum members for drilling holes in the playfield though. Owell...

This mod reduces the sucker drains quite a bit, but the ball will still drain when hit directly. Happy player here.
outlane_rails_modification (resized).jpg

#1455 3 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

I did a little more than "bump" the outlanes, but it works nicely. Getting some grief from other forum members for drilling holes in the playfield though. Owell...
This mod reduces the sucker drains quite a bit, but the ball will still drain when hit directly. Happy player here.

You drilled the playfield?!

IMG_5113 (resized).PNG

#1456 3 years ago

Sure did. Hey, when you do it right, there's no downside.

#1457 3 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Sure did. Hey, when you do it right, there's no downside.

I would say there no upside either. Nothing a different fix could have taken care of anyway

#1458 3 years ago

Hope you're not ever planning on selling your game

#1459 3 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

As much as many of us would recommend against it, it is your game and you can do as you wish! As long as you are enjoying it you can mod and change, and stay happy

#1460 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK. A lot of times the lights are completely off but when the ball hits the sling the light

I thought I watched a video a long time ago (may be making this up, I dunno, but sounds good) that the lights flash when active, but if they are lit solidly they are 'haunted' and will do weird things.

Overall I really like the light/sound effect because otherwise, it may seem too quiet...

#1461 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys I'm trying to figure out what in the game causes the magna sling white lights to be on all the time vs when the ball hits the sling area. Maybe it's a bug with 1.11 but sometimes the lights don't go off.
Also with guys that bumped up the outlanes, can you post pics here so I can see what they look like? Thanks

If your lights are on all the time your switch is stuck closed.
This happened on mine on the left side sling.
Just put some more slack on the rubber or bend the switch gap a little larger.

#1462 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

You drilled the playfield?!

Here we go again...

#1463 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Possibly, but there are times it is supposed to be on all the time ... I don't think it ever will be at the start of the game.

#1464 3 years ago

Last call....YES he drilled his playfield...his game, leave him alone. I am desperately seeking a fix as the ball hops / drains are making me want to smash the glass.....if he was near me, I would consider....that being said has anyone bought the clear outlane covers? Do they help?

#1465 3 years ago

The Slimer Rails I designed work very well. They are mounted over 3 set screws over the outlanes and are pretty solid. They are just high enough where the ball cannot skip over the factory guide rail. They come in a few different colors and clear if you like. The cool design matches the oozing slime graphics throughout the playfield art. www.modfatherpinball.com
slimer rails (resized).jpgslimer rails1 (resized).jpg

#1466 3 years ago

It's been said there are 2 ways to fix the inlane/outlane hops without modifying the playfield:
1) buy the protectors that cover the lanes (several choices)
2) -or- tap the bottom of the wireforms from under the playfield to move them up higher.

Quoted from thall17:

Last call....YES he drilled his playfield...his game, leave him alone. I am desperately seeking a fix as the ball hops / drains are making me want to smash the glass.....if he was near me, I would consider....that being said has anyone bought the clear outlane covers? Do they help?

#1467 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

no they're not on all the time. Explanations here explain why they are on though (lit solid) which is helpful.

#1468 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It's been said there are 2 ways to fix the inlane/outlane hops without modifying the playfield:
1) buy the protectors that cover the lanes (several choices)
2) -or- tap the bottom of the wireforms from under the playfield to move them up higher.

I got the LSOG one and it's been good. However, I've observed two effects that drive me crazy. The primary is ball hop over the wire, which this solves and I think what most people observe. The second is that the ball bounces off the inner guide and/or has enough spin that it goes to the outlane. I guess you could argue that's by design, whereas the ball hops over the wire guides are just ridiculous.

#1469 3 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

I bought and installed the clear out lane covers and they fix the "lane hop" drain. However, I still want to smash the glass or tip game over!

#1470 3 years ago

Lane hops are one thing, but the relentless out-lane-ball-drain-game-killer is an entirely different issue. Yes, I drilled my playfield (I'm an engineer and build cars among other things) and I'm not intimidated in modifying anything, especially a pinball machine. It was done with precision and a great deal of forethought.

Drilling my playfield with those four evil 3/16" holes actually helped the ball drain issue considerably. And it certainly won't drop the value by $500 (as one pinsider put it). That's funny.

SO NOW

The game is "funner" to play. Just my two cents worth.

#1471 3 years ago
Quoted from PinScott:

I expected perfection from FedEx as well. Apparently that isn't always the case. Thankfully no damage was done to the machine, but my heart dropped when I saw this.

Thankfully, the packaging is one thing that they haven't cheaped out on yet. Stern's packaging is still the best.

#1472 3 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Thankfully, the packaging is one thing that they haven't cheaped out on yet. Stern's packaging is still the best.

I had my first GB PREM damaged in shipping....I would not say their packaging is the best...for a $7,000 piece of equipment a wood crate would be better....just my .02

#1473 3 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Stern needs to add the tilt/drop indicators like what Dutch pinball use.

IMG_4969 (resized).JPG

#1474 3 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

I had my first GB PREM damaged in shipping....I would not say their packaging is the best...for a $7,000 piece of equipment a wood crate would be better....just my .02

Accidents are gonna happen with shipping and no cost-justified container is going to be indestructible. It is still the best in the industry though. I agree a wood crate would be better, but at what cost? Even a wooden crate will give way to a fork lift. It sucks to receive a damaged game, but at least it's replaceable. Would you really want to pay the extra $$ it would cost to have every game shipped in a wood crate?

I would agree, that would be a good add. I did find DP's packaging inferior to Sterns overall though. Box was much more flimsy.

#1475 3 years ago

Finally got my GB prem! Nov 2nd playfield date and no issues out of the box.

#1476 3 years ago

So who has powdered their GB premiums !? Let's see pics

#1477 3 years ago

Those little snitch-devices on the Dutch Pinball machines are amazing. Would love to see Stern and JJP start using those.

#1478 3 years ago

Well my GBLE finally got built and shipped out early last week, i got the call from Fed Ex last night that it was going to be deliverd today. I took the day off work so i could be sure i would be available to recieve the game, i just got a call from Fed Ex telling me the game isnt even in my state and i should of never been given a delivery appointment for today. Now they are saying sometime next week, I am pretty much over it at this point! I have been waiting 7.5 months paid in full for this game, I am not even excited about it anymore!

#1479 3 years ago

I ordered a Premium from a reputable distributor (at least according to Pinside) back in May. In the last two or three months, I've called them a handful of times (to get an update on when my game will ship). Each time the response is something like "should be in the next one to two weeks". Then they get a batch in, and there aren't enough Premiums to fill all their orders, or they get a batch in that contains everything but GB, or whatever. After 7 months, I still don't have my game and I'm scratching my head as to why my distributor can't give me more concrete information. Apparently, they know they're going to get some games, but they don't know exactly what they're going to get, or when they're going to get it. Is that normal? This is the first time I've ordered a NIB game from a distributor.

#1480 3 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Is that normal? This is the first time I've ordered a NIB game from a distributor.

it's got to be a place in line issue. There were so many pre-orders that stacked them all up. Maybe some distros got less orders then others and you happened to pick a good one that was swamped with orders. Who knows.

#1481 3 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

I ordered a Premium from a reputable distributor (at least according to Pinside) back in May. In the last two or three months, I've called them a handful of times (to get an update on when my game will ship). Each time the response is something like "should be in the next one to two weeks". Then they get a batch in, and there aren't enough Premiums to fill all their orders, or they get a batch in that contains everything but GB, or whatever. After 7 months, I still don't have my game and I'm scratching my head as to why my distributor can't give me more concrete information. Apparently, they know they're going to get some games, but they don't know exactly what they're going to get, or when they're going to get it. Is that normal? This is the first time I've ordered a NIB game from a distributor.

I'd check around with other distributors and you should be able to find one that can fill within 1-3 weeks now. I know of at least one that has stock ready to go. Then call yours and tell him you need it in 7-10 days or you want a refund. Stern is shipping out a bunch more now from what I heard, so all the major dists should be getting more very soon.

What distributor did you buy from?

#1482 3 years ago

OK, for everyone still waiting, here's my take. I paid a down payment in March, I was number 11 in line at FUN! (local distributor). I do have my machine now (2 weeks ago) and think everyone that pre-ordered at Fun! has gotten them (I may be wrong). At least everyone I know that preordered has received them.

Fun! expected to get many more in their first order, but only got a hand full and each time after. FUN! ordered all of them in early March. Stern tells them a shipment is coming and they tell them how many they will actually ship. Stern was apparently sending them out according to how many machines were requested originally (think March), but not necessarily the entire order so they could spread the initial shipments around. Once all those early requests (from distributors) were filled, then they started filling more (in order) and should be mostly caught up. Makes complete sense to me.

Some of you that ordered recently and got machines are very lucky. It's possible those distributors placed a huge order early in March (more than they had sold) and received them all so they had some to sell now.

Those of you still waiting, be patient or see if you can switch distributors. Some seem to have games in stock now. It feels like they are all coming out now so you should have it soon. The game is great. I am so glad I waited (almost backed out because of playfields, etc but really wanted this game). It's hard, but will keep us playing for a very long time.

#1483 3 years ago

Ordered mine on Tuesday the 15th and picked up Friday the 19th..... Call around

#1484 3 years ago

Can someone please send me the 1.05 premium file?

#1485 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Can someone please send me the 1.05 premium file?

Stern link to GB Prem/LE 1.05 isn't on their site, but it still works:
http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/ghostbusters_le-1_05.spk

#1486 3 years ago

Cool txs. I'm gonna switch back tonight. Hopefully 1.12 is imminent.

#1487 3 years ago

I'm considering grabbing one for a family xmas present, now that the playfield issue appears to be resolved, but the game still has me nervous. Are the fixes done going forward, or will stern keep tweaking and maybe change things down the road to prevent airballs, drops, ball hops etc...? I've heard they could build this game for years, so maybe waiting a little longer might get a more "dialed in" (excuse the phrase) pin without having to tweak & mod just to make playable - thoughts?

#1488 3 years ago

yes, this is excellent.

#1489 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Cool txs. I'm gonna switch back tonight. Hopefully 1.12 is imminent.

What's wrong with 1.11?

#1490 3 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

I'm considering grabbing one for a family xmas present, now that the playfield issue appears to be resolved, but the game still has me nervous. Are the fixes done going forward, or will stern keep tweaking and maybe change things down the road to prevent airballs, drops, ball hops etc...? I've heard they could build this game for years, so maybe waiting a little longer might get a more "dialed in" (excuse the phrase) pin without having to tweak & mod just to make playable - thoughts?

I've had my GB Prem for about a month now. I like difficult/fast games that keep you coming back for more. The GB fits the bill. Over Thanksgiving I had relatives over and the machine was played almost nonstop for 3 days. Its a winner. I've had no insert or other playfield issues. Yes it has little frustrating ball drains and things, but that's pinball. Its positives far outweigh any negatives I've experienced. It was the most played machine out of my 9 pins.
Sounds like a fun xmas present.

#1491 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

What's wrong with 1.11?

As soon as I switched from 1.05 to 1.11 I started getting random dead left flippers and many others have reported the same. Having a tournament Saturday so need to switch back.

#1492 3 years ago

So far my playfeild looks great except for the usual dimpling thats starting....build date 11/10.

People said the full sheet playfield covers stop this, but I dont see how. Just thin plastic that lays on top of the wood no different than mylar and i have seen dimpling under mylar.

#1493 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

So far my playfeild looks great except for the usual dimpling thats starting....build date 11/10.
People said the full sheet playfield covers stop this, but I dont see how. Just thin plastic that lays on top of the wood no different than mylar and i have seen dimpling under mylar.

It IS different than mylar however... It's thin STIFF plastic that takes the force of the hit and distributes it in such a way that the wood doesn't dimple.

That said I don't think they are worth it as after all the trouble of putting them in you'll have to replace them fairly soon after... they get scratched and cloudy and make it look like you have a dull PF. But some are quite happy with them so to each his own.

#1494 3 years ago

Just put 1.05 back in , played several games and no more dead left flipper. Annoying playing the old code though but beats a useless flipper I guess

#1495 3 years ago

OK,here's one for ya_ I've also been waiting since May for my GB/PRe! Dealer finally said it was shipped last friday!Got a call yesterday from them to say,they got the pin back from the shippers,cause Stern called and said a board of some kind was faulty,and did they want to reinstall it,or,send it to me to reinstall? SO,I had them do it and they said delivery by the 16 for sure! Well'see!!!

#1496 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

OK,here's one for ya_ I've also been waiting since May for my GB/PRe! Dealer finally said it was shipped last friday!Got a call yesterday from them to say,they got the pin back from the shippers,cause Stern called and said a board of some kind was faulty,and did they want to reinstall it,or,send it to me to reinstall? SO,I had them do it and they said delivery by the 16 for sure! Well'see!!!

That's a weird story. Was this a widespread problem with a board? How would Stern know it was bad enroute to you? Who was the dist?

#1497 3 years ago

my ultimate topper for my gb ....

20161130_224139 (resized).jpg

20161130_224143 (resized).jpg

#1498 3 years ago

Just bumped up my rails and wow what a difference! Didn't have one ball jump over, no more cringing when the ball goes towards the inlanes lol

How do I fix the 2x,3x target airballs? Do I need to remove the targets pull out the black foam and put something thicker? Also how do I safely remove the targets?

#1499 3 years ago

Has anyone had problems with weak flipper with build dates alter than 9/1 i heard there were some revisions made ( just rumor )

#1500 3 years ago

It's nice to see others in the 6 - 7 month still waiting club. 'Helps me wait a little longer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Snohomish, WA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
7,999 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Las Vegas, NV
There are 1815 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 37.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside