IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 37.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

I've been told August or September. So bored of waiting I've bought other games inbetween.

me too, just bought a MET premium to hold me over. dammit. LOL

#52 7 years ago

You guy are going to love your premiums,I have owned about every dmd game ever made and around 15 to 20 nib sterns and gble/ premium is so dam much fun,I have been playing the pro at mbrew and marvins for months and have spent a ton of money so I know the pro quite well,but the premium/le is so much better,the right ramp is super smooth and very fun,the ecto goggles are just way cool to see in action,I wish there were better rules for it and the magna slings are better than you can imagine and with a little adjusting they are plenty sensitive and so cool,do I have to say how much fun the subway ball lock ramp is, along with art and sound package and the moving slimmer with the new switch that works, I will say this is sterns most fun game and one of the most fun game I have ever played by any manufacture,

Hang in there,your games will ship and then you will have nothing to look forward to

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Hang in there,your games will ship and then you will have nothing to look forward to

Patiently waiting for my GB LE and then I'll be looking forward to Alien LE.

#54 7 years ago

"end of july" is the best I heard. I'm expecting September

#55 7 years ago

When we were staring at speculation threads in November / December '15, had someone told me it would be Fall '2016 before the premium of this title landed with customers, I would have bet you nearly anything that you were dead-wrong. In fact, I would have thought GB would have been 'old hat' by now and the mob staring unblinkingly waiting on the next title. Yet, here we are. GB Hype is still Hype, not all of the 500 LE's have been shipped, last factory tour showed Star Treks, Metallica, a few other titles but no GB Premium or 2nd Wave GB Pro.

It seems like 3 weeks from Line to Truck is a fair estimate.
Last estimate I've gotten is "August", which I've been conditioned at this point to think means August 31st, rather than August 1st. (Hopefully sooner!)

I hope Stern is able to get whatever the (supply? quality?) issues are worked out and get that big-ass factory humming, soon.
At least we have a few other games to keep us busy while we wait...

#56 7 years ago

Even September would be fine with me if it meant the insert issues are resolved. I want it right more than I want it fast.

#57 7 years ago

Paid in full over a month ago, no word yet.

#58 7 years ago

Ha hahahhhaa paid 3 mo.ago.no word yet!!

#59 7 years ago

Man.....crickets on the premiumsame shipping. Anyone hear anything?

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Man.....crickets on the premiumsame shipping. Anyone hear anything?

GB LE back on the line this week after parts shortages (I'm assuming playfields), so at least two weeks of that before they get to Premiums, assuming they don't run into more bad playfields again. So probably the end of August for Premiums to start rolling out, at the earliest.

#62 7 years ago

As Stern are refusing to acknowledge the playfield issues with the LE, how many people have or are considering cancelling their premium orders?

I'm getting close....

There's been no guarantee given that these machines wont be from the same batch!

#63 7 years ago

I cancelled, not worth the risk.

#64 7 years ago

Considering as well, hoping I don't have to.

#65 7 years ago

I cancelled my LE.

#66 7 years ago

I just read the Ghosting thread and I am not touching NIB until they fix their issues.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I was golf end of August as well

Touch typist? Golf=told.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

wow LE's getting cancelled?

I was ready to pay extra for an LE to get something special, not something flawed. I ordered a Full Throttle LE from Melissa at CoinTaker instead.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

As Stern are refusing to acknowledge the playfield issues with the LE, how many people have or are considering cancelling their premium orders?
I'm getting close....
There's been no guarantee given that these machines wont be from the same batch!

I don't see how Stern can guarantee or even address anything publicly on this ongoing issue now. I think it will take a long time before they even understand what the root problem is (insert material change? clearcoat change? process change? cure time change? who knows?).

Essentially, if you're buying a GB LE you should be comfortable with the idea of swapping the playfield yourself since when you get the ghosting, you're not getting a populated exchange. Based on what's gone down so far, at best you get a playfield to swap yourself, which is kind of sad for an $8500 machine. I was ticked when I had to do one for a new ~$3500 simpsons back in the day.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I was golf end of August as well

This^ Bahahahahahaha

#73 7 years ago

Where's Vid? Got to be a way to fix ghosting inserts.

#74 7 years ago

I'm definitely interested, but will wait until these issues have been sorted out. Currently, I'm looking at modern games made prior to this change of manufacturing. The way I see it, there is plenty of time to pick up a nice GB premium in the future.

#75 7 years ago

I informed my distributor today that I wanted to cancel or delay until the ghosting was resolved. Enough orders get canceled and dimple gate will have to get a better response.

#76 7 years ago

Today I asked my distributor not to fill my premium order until I say so. I'm just watching for reports of ghosting hopefully to taper off but no luck so far.

#77 7 years ago

I'll wait 2 years and see what's up.

#78 7 years ago

It's sad because this is such an awesome game. I'd really like to know what's actually happened and what the solution is or will be.

#79 7 years ago

What is the change in manufacturing you guys are referring too?

#80 7 years ago

There was a supposed "pause" in LE manufacturing in the later half of July, and that the LE's are being made again this week.

I'm very curious to see if LE's made in August have the ghosting issue or not. That's going to determine whether or not I cancel my Premium order. I'm going to take it right up to the edge before canceling, because I want this so bad.

#81 7 years ago

Bump Air-Pinball,me as well! Also,i kinda hated it when MrBellman sold his LE cause the LEDs blinded him!!

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Bump Air-Pinball,me as well! Also,i kinda hated it when MrBellman sold his LE cause the LEDs blinded him!!

I'd sell an LE too, because that green is God-awful ugly! Thank God the Premium is so nice!

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

I informed my distributor today that I wanted to cancel or delay until the ghosting was resolved. Enough orders get canceled and dimple gate will have to get a better response.

Those poor Twinkies are gonna go stale.

#84 7 years ago

I have a premium on order. Nothing in my previous purchases with Stern leads me believe they won't make it right for those that have already shipped and fix it for those that haven't. Can't wait to get my game and Stern has my confidence on this one.

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

Stern has my confidence on this one.

That's funny, because your avatar looks scared - like it can barely stand to look.

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Those poor Twinkies are gonna go stale.

I know I am so disappointed but crack kills.

#87 7 years ago

I like your confidence, Visi0n. I also have a Premium on order. I'm going to stay excited about its arrival. If the inserts ghost I'll ask Stern for help and take it from there. Hopefully they have a new approach to the current playfields and a solid solution for those that are experiencing issues with their current pin.

#88 7 years ago

I also have on order. I'm a little more bummin about it. I'm still sticking at this point but..... I'm thinking things through. I admit I did look at the sale ads for another pinball.

#89 7 years ago

For now, I am keeping my order. However I will postpone if Stern does not respond to this issue in a positive way, i.e., playfield swaps for affected machines. The size of this problem dictates they announce something soon or they will lose customers, at least this one.

#90 7 years ago

Looks like the captive ball guide has been fixed on newer LE's. This bodes well for other tweaks on our Premiums.

lg_(resized).pnglg_(resized).png

#91 7 years ago

I have a good feeling that the premiums will be fine. I'm sticking with mine.

#93 7 years ago

I'm hearing September now for my Premium.
Distributor was intentionally vague about when in September, So I penciled down Sept 32nd at 24:05:00.

#94 7 years ago

I guess I'm sticking with my order also. There are other pins I want and I have almost pulled my order 3-4 times.

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have a good feeling that the premiums will be fine. I'm sticking with mine.

The premium at Logan arcade has ghosting, so no.

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

The premium at Logan arcade has ghosting, so no.

That was probably made in July or earlier. There was a test one at Rock Mountain over a month ago.

Those aren't indicative of the August run coming up.

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

That was probably made in July or earlier. There was a test one at Rock Mountain over a month ago.
Those aren't indicative of the August run coming up.

Keep telling yourself that.

#98 7 years ago

Msch - I think you're trying to be helpful by alerting us of the potential but your last comment was a little much. Appreciate the input but if you're going to debbie down this entire thread, don't waste your time. We get your point.

#99 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Keep telling yourself that.

Nothing to tell myself.

So, unless you have pics of this "ghosting" Premium, and pics of it's manufacture date and playfield date being in August.......zip it.

#100 7 years ago

UPDATE: just heard from my Dealer,(Gameroomguys),they are still in production of the LE's,and our premiums won't be out till mid September!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info/page/2?hl=steveman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.