IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 37.
#1401 7 years ago

My premium is in and set up. 10/30 playfield and 11/11 build date. Still tweaking, but it's playing almost perfect out of the box.

IMG_3210 (resized).JPGIMG_3210 (resized).JPG

#1402 7 years ago

I have seen the plastic protectors for the slings. Does anyone make them for the rest of the plastics?

#1403 7 years ago

My game got delayed in shipping. Hopefully it will be here in a week or so. Very excited to it.

#1404 7 years ago

Hey everyone,
I put together this simple slideshow-video to help new owners install the Ghostbusters cliffy shooter lane protector (bottom-right).
The video tries to hit the important points such as clamping and alignment. I hope this it helpful to new users.

#1405 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

how does the amor install?

Essentially you take the bolt out of the front and bolt out of back, and two wood screws and then remove the old armor (each side). To get the bolt in back out you will have to tilt the head down and tap it out.

Put the new ones on in reverse order. They come with some extra screws you can install or not (around bottom of armor). I debated a while and decided it wasn't coming back off so put the screws in. I have kids and don't need them pulling up on the bottom edge.

#1406 7 years ago

Just got the call getting delivered tomorrow, wish me luck!

#1407 7 years ago

Just installed Stern Side rails on a le

IMG_6709 (resized).JPGIMG_6709 (resized).JPG

#1408 7 years ago

Just had a kick-ass game. Not sure I'll pull this off again anytime soon, but once you start dialing in the shots, the points really add up!

6FE1A4E9-1DBB-44EC-97F5-EDF6F182BCF3 (resized).JPG6FE1A4E9-1DBB-44EC-97F5-EDF6F182BCF3 (resized).JPG

#1409 7 years ago

And I thought my 2,5m was ok yesterday.
I adjusted the Scolari brothers, adjusted Slimer - which took me about hour to get it right. I updated to 1.11. And went on a tremendous adventure!!! We came, we Saw and kicked Ass.......

#1410 7 years ago

Just got the call, mine will be delivered Monday!

#1411 7 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Just got the call, mine will be delivered Monday!

rock on!!! game is @#$@#$ amazing! Get your protectors and mods ordered up, they take forever to come

#1412 7 years ago

Unfortunately not for another week for me. Bummer!

#1413 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

rock on!!! game is @#$@#$ amazing! Get your protectors and mods ordered up, they take forever to come

I encourage new GB buyers to contact Cliff (Cliffy's) for the full Ghostbusters-Kit.
I ordered my parts in several batches wasting time & shipping as I came to realize how important they are.
If you need to save some money, order the shooter lane and the drain hole protectors 1st.
These 2 spots wear out fastest and will benefit from the protector on day one.
I've seen wear on the Scolari brothers (not mine yet) so that's next.
Lastly the Left & right ball-drop on the premium need the lane-switch protector.

Also: Reach out to OldPinguy for an Airball protector.

#1414 7 years ago

Anyone have a vid or instructions on installing the Scoleri protectors....not much room

#1415 7 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Anyone have a vid or instructions on installing the Scoleri protectors....not much room

I installed mine and I've done quite a few other machines. You need to remove the drop target assembly from the playfield. Then install the protector on the back side of the hole. They just snap in, but put the top part on first (centered) and then snap it in so you don't scratch the playfield. Then when you go to install the drop target assembly, put the drop up and slide it in first and then install the assembly.

It's a tight fit for sure and I was afraid that the drop wouldn't be completely flat, but I think it worked out well on mine. I don't think I see airballs from the protectors (although still see them other places like just hard flipper hits).

Now, the protector for the target on the right side hits a screw from a light board underneath. I just removed the lightboard screw, installed the target protector and then screwed the lightboard back down (it went through the edge of the protector flashing). If I were to do it again, I would cut off that corner of the protector first.

I considered cutting a bit out of the back of the drop targets so they would sit a little flusher, but I don't think it's been a problem. If I eventually break a target, I may make it a little thinner before putting the replacement back in.

#1416 7 years ago

Listen to what Jody has to say at the 12 minute mark. Sounds like if there are issues with the playfield, Stern will take care of it. Am I reading to deep into his words?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-factory-tour-courtesy-johns-arcade

#1417 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Listen to what Jody has to say at the 12 minute mark. Sounds like if there are issues with the playfield, Stern will take care of it. Am I reading to deep into his words?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-factory-tour-courtesy-johns-arcade

Stern will take care of the GB pf issues.

#1418 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

That's sure what it sounds like to me.

#1419 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

Just had a kick-ass game. Not sure I'll pull this off again anytime soon, but once you start dialing in the shots, the points really add up!

My best game was damn close to yours! I learned how to stack the best modes, while hitting the playfeild X skill shot, nailing both multipliers, and starting multiball. 6X playfeild scores were out of control! I'm now averaging over 100M a game with ZERO MODS.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1420 7 years ago

It was a nice Thanksgiving and my friends really enjoyed the free pinball! It is funny to me that people say, "I've played over 100 games!" We've cleared 200 just on this code release 1.11 and that doesn't count the hundreds played on 1.10 and 1.05. This game may be a keeper.

20161124_202600.jpg20161124_202600.jpg

#1421 7 years ago

I installed a playfield protector on my premium today. Not too bad if you take your time. It helps a ton to isolate the hardware with the pieces as much as possible. They made the plastic longer at the ramp and scoops so you can tuck under to prevent stuck balls. My playfield protector on Sorcerer is short at the ramp and creates a lot of stuck balls. I added Mylar to fix. Highly recommend if you route your game or don't want dimples.

IMG_0789 (resized).JPGIMG_0789 (resized).JPG

IMG_0791 (resized).JPGIMG_0791 (resized).JPG

IMG_0790 (resized).JPGIMG_0790 (resized).JPG

#1422 7 years ago

FINALLY! I can't believe it but I finally picked up my Ghostbusters Premium in the 1987 GMC Rally STX G2500 van! And with my new 36" door no more need to take the door off to bring in games. Even if it's still in the box! Now to finish the basement renovations as fast as I can to open up the box and install all the Cliffy's and air ball protector and topper and shooter rod etc. Only thing still on my list to buy is the black Stern accessory side rails. Happy to finally join the club!

20161126_114959 (resized).jpg20161126_114959 (resized).jpg

20161126_115214 (resized).jpg20161126_115214 (resized).jpg

20161126_115111 (resized).jpg20161126_115111 (resized).jpg

IMG_0344 (resized).JPGIMG_0344 (resized).JPG

IMG_0348 (resized).JPGIMG_0348 (resized).JPG

IMG_0351 (resized).JPGIMG_0351 (resized).JPG

IMG_0352 (resized).JPGIMG_0352 (resized).JPG

#1423 7 years ago

oh Saruman is already waiting

#1424 7 years ago

I just picked up a NIB Premium. Production date of Nov 4th, stamped playfield date of Oct 25th. Hoping my patience paid off and I got a good playfield. It looks beautiful so far.

GB_setup (resized).jpgGB_setup (resized).jpg

#1425 7 years ago

I had my Cliffy shooter lane protectors installed day 1, just did the outhole and tried the drop targets, but it won't fit. I've seen them on other machines so I'm guessing just enough tolerances on build. Debating options: leave it for now, when wear becomes obvious, sand the drop hole a bit to widen and install Cliffy; or, sand down drop target a little. Could also do Mylar, but even that would be a tight fit. Any one else do anything for the drops?

#1426 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

I had my Cliffy shooter lane protectors installed day 1, just did the outhole and tried the drop targets, but it won't fit. I've seen them on other machines so I'm guessing just enough tolerances on build. Debating options: leave it for now, when wear becomes obvious, sand the drop hole a bit to widen and install Cliffy; or, sand down drop target a little. Could also do Mylar, but even that would be a tight fit. Any one else do anything for the drops?

Those drops are tight! Mine is in my home so I'm leaving it. If they are flat with the pf you should be ok. You could Mylar around them?

#1427 7 years ago

My game was delivered an hour ago. Will unbox this afternoon while my little monster is napping!

IMG_20161128_102552 (resized).jpgIMG_20161128_102552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20161128_104046 (resized).jpgIMG_20161128_104046 (resized).jpg
IMG_20161128_110204 (resized).jpgIMG_20161128_110204 (resized).jpg

#1428 7 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

My game was delivered an hour ago. Will unbox this afternoon while my little monster is napping!

Nice. Delivered by FedEx. I trust Fed-Ex over UPS every time not to smash things. What was the seller you purchased from?

#1429 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Nice. Delivered by FedEx. I trust Fed-Ex over UPS every time not to smash things. What was the seller you purchased from?

I think CoinTaker sends via FedEx.

#1430 7 years ago

Yep, Cointaker.

#1431 7 years ago

I ordered last May and my dealer is now saying it may not be delivered until after the new year. Is that timeline consistent with what others are hearing?

I'm glad so many games seem to be shipping at this point and no recent talk of playfield problems. Can't wait to join the club!

#1432 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I ordered last May and my dealer is now saying it may not be delivered until after the new year. Is that timeline consistent with what others are hearing?
I'm glad so many games seem to be shipping at this point and no recent talk of playfield problems. Can't wait to join the club!

I ordered in early/mid October, took delivery last Friday, about 6 weeks. I guess it might depend on how many machines/cancellations your dealer has, but that's a bad situation.

#1433 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I ordered back in March/ April and just got November 23 and I was 20th on the list.

#1434 7 years ago

I expected perfection from FedEx as well. Apparently that isn't always the case. Thankfully no damage was done to the machine, but my heart dropped when I saw this.

Box damage (resized).jpgBox damage (resized).jpg

#1435 7 years ago
Quoted from PinScott:

I expected perfection from FedEx as well. Apparently that isn't always the case. Thankfully no damage was done to the machine, but my heart dropped when I saw this.

Oh the irony with all the high value stickers!

#1436 7 years ago
Quoted from PinScott:

Did you make the driver wait while you opened it and inspected for damage?

#1437 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Who was the dealer? That's not normal. Stern is almost completely caught up on GB Premiums, so yours should have come weeks ago.

#1438 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Did you make the driver wait while you opened it and inspected for damage?

You better believe I did.

He moved the box into my garage and then waited while I opened it and inspected. He was a very calm person but also a little too nonchalant about the entire issue. My guess is he has seen plenty of people blow their stack in his day. I did clue him in on the cost of these toys so that he could appreciate my tension.

I documented the issue on the bill of lading in case other problems surfaced and he contacted his office. If there was damage, it would have been a huge letdown but I wasn't concerned about coverage because of FedEx and Cointaker.

The funny thing is that while inspecting the game, I discussed pinball with the driver and I really believe he was hoping I would play a few games in the garage prior to signing off!

#1439 7 years ago
Quoted from PinScott:

I would have went BALLISTIC!!!!!!!

#1440 7 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

It's pretty normal with freight shipping. If you went mental each time it happened, you'd be in a rubber room. Learn to roll with what actually matters.

Looks like in his case something else fell on the box. You wish for perfection, but that's not reality with common freight shipping.

#1441 7 years ago
Quoted from PinScott:

Glad it's ok, I would have never accepted that or even unboxed it.

#1442 7 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Trust me, I was ready to. But I've been there/done that multiple times and it typically makes matters worse. The driver knew I was pissed and was quick to point out he didn't cause the damage or see it happen.

Should I have rejected it upon first sight? Clearly an option. I decided to inspect because it appeared the box damage was not caused by the game falling over and I was prepared to reject if there was any hint of game damage. Risky and unwise perhaps, fortunately it worked in my favor.

#1443 7 years ago
Quoted from PinScott:

Trust me, I was ready to. But I've been there/done that multiple times and it typically makes matters worse. The driver knew I was pissed and was quick to point out he didn't cause the damage or see it happen.
Should I have rejected it upon first sight? Clearly an option. I decided to inspect because it appeared the box damage was not caused by the game falling over and I was prepared to reject if there was any hint of game damage. Risky and unwise perhaps, fortunately it worked in my favor.

My met pro showed up with some box damage and the driver was extremely nice. Just remember they are the last person to touch it, it went through many hands and trucks before your house. He knew the drill and was told me to unbox and verify or he would be pissed as well. Game was untouched inside

#1444 7 years ago

Fingers crossed for a safe delivery. Mine arrives tomorrow. As always with the joys of shipping, excited and nervous.

#1445 7 years ago

I ordered my GB Premium back in August. I haven't heard anything yet. I Stern really caught up with Premiums?

#1446 7 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I ordered my GB Premium back in August. I haven't heard anything yet. I Stern really caught up with Premiums?

I ordered from Game Exchange at the end of October. I would check with your distributor.

#1447 7 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Some distributors are delivering orders that were made only a few weeks ago, so I'd say they're close to caught up with the backorders that are sold, at least.

#1448 7 years ago

Guys I'm trying to figure out what in the game causes the magna sling white lights to be on all the time vs when the ball hits the sling area. Maybe it's a bug with 1.11 but sometimes the lights don't go off.

Also with guys that bumped up the outlanes, can you post pics here so I can see what they look like? Thanks

#1449 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys I'm trying to figure out what in the game causes the magna sling white lights to be on all the time vs when the ball hits the sling area. Maybe it's a bug with 1.11 but sometimes the lights don't go off.
Also with guys that bumped up the outlanes, can you post pics here so I can see what they look like? Thanks

The triangles are supposed to be lit some times. I beleive its number of hits. The more lights the more interesting they react.

#1450 7 years ago

Oh OK. So the more they get hit by the ball the higher likelihood that the lights stay on and when they are on they act even more crazy?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.