IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 37.
#1251 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What number LE did you get and what is the date on the playfield?

I'll grab a shot of those two later. I believe it was 465

#1252 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

i believe the time setup is under the UTIL part of the service menu. check it out. my ghostbusters was doing its hourly chime at 20 minutes past the hour or so. and I think that is where I found it and set the correct time.

you are correct, I was looking around in the menu screens but skipped utilities for some reason. thanks! Still zero issues since first post on setting it up friday night. Played a lot, 5 year old been beating it up relentlessly and now thinks the whole house is haunted. Debating on loading the 1.10 sw, reading it may be a bit more buggy than the 1.05

#1253 7 years ago

Stay with 1.05

#1254 7 years ago

I received mine on Friday ! No issues except Slimmer dragging, ill check out the fix and take care of that, but the manufacture date was Oct27th and the play field date was Oct 10th , I have over 225 games on it already so far no ghosting.

Lots or airballs, but besides that great game.

#1255 7 years ago
Quoted from haunted1:

[Image/post mismatch]
I normally call stern but they are closed and I am hoping for help.
My game has gone into locating pinballs and the flippers are not working. If I press the button the Dmd reacts, so the switchs at the buttons are working. If I tap the button repeatedly, they might flip once every once and again. The lower inserts are not lighting.
I have replaced the node board twice due to the flippers sticking up(fixes by putting tape over theback of LED above the left scout where t was shorting out).
Any help would be apprecited.

My left flipper is sticking up too. I tried to recreate it and when it stuck up, I switched off the power and it stayed up so looks like mines mechanical and not electrical thank Christ. The flipper backstop (if that's what it's called) has wiggle in it and it should be solid so hoping it's that

#1256 7 years ago

Anyone else get one recently. When was shipment date and how was the playfield

#1257 7 years ago

I would bet it's a node board issue. You can test your board in diagnostics. It would be #8 if t is the board that normally seems to go. It is shorted out by the led board above the left scoop. Put a piece of black tape on the back of it to be sure it doesn't ground out.

Also my most recent issue of the flippers and gi going dead seems to be a bad data cable. Will report back once solved. (Waiting on a new cable)

#1258 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Anyone else get one recently. When was shipment date and how was the playfield

I received my Premium on Friday, shipped October 27th. October 14 handwritten on playfield edge. There appears to be a date stamp also but it is smudged and unreadable. Like someone else has previously mentioned in this thread or another, the colors on the playfield look slightly darker and more saturated than the Pros/LEs I've seen on route. Maybe 100 games played, no ghosting on inserts or any wear in the shooter lane. I installed a makrolon playfield protector, OldPinGuy's air ball protector, and Cliffy's for the Scolari Brothers before a single game was played.

#1259 7 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

My left flipper is sticking up too. I tried to recreate it and when it stuck up, I switched off the power and it stayed up so looks like mines mechanical and not electrical thank Christ. The flipper backstop (if that's what it's called) has wiggle in it and it should be solid so hoping it's that

Check inside your cabinet and see if there is "Gold dust" My ST flippers were sticking up and it was the flipper coil stops, good to see Stern has fixed them

#1260 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Check inside your cabinet and see if there is "Gold dust" My ST flippers were sticking up and it was the flipper coil stops, good to see Stern has fixed them

Phil Ward is coming over today to have a look. All part of the NIB service up here

#1261 7 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

I received my Premium on Friday, shipped October 27th. October 14 handwritten on playfield edge. There appears to be a date stamp also but it is smudged and unreadable. Like someone else has previously mentioned in this thread or another, the colors on the playfield look slightly darker and more saturated than the Pros/LEs I've seen on route. Maybe 100 games played, no ghosting on inserts or any wear in the shooter lane. I installed a makrolon playfield protector, OldPinGuy's air ball protector, and Cliffy's for the Scolari Brothers before a single game was played.

Did you use the Cactus Canyon ones from Cliffy's page or does he have new Ghostbusters one not on his site yet? And can you post a pick and tell if they were snug to get in there or not?

#1262 7 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Did you use the Cactus Canyon ones from Cliffy's page or does he have new Ghostbusters one not on his site yet? And can you post a pick and tell if they were snug to get in there or not?

I used the ones for Stern Star Trek, which might be the same as the Cactus Canyon ones. I'll post pics tonight. Installation was fairly simple and they function 100% with the Cliffy's installed. Only issue is the right side Scolari protector needs to be trimmed (bottom side) because a screw from an led pcb board blocks it from clipping in place. I used a dremel tool to do this.

#1263 7 years ago

I got mime last week, I posted playfield date on a previous post. Put about 200 plays on it, and I don't see any playfield issues. I do have a little problem that no one has mentioned. My scores are to low! LOL But I feel I can fix that problem.

#1264 7 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

I used the ones for Stern Star Trek, which might be the same as the Cactus Canyon ones. I'll post pics tonight. Installation was fairly simple and they function 100% with the Cliffy's installed. Only issue is the right side Scolari protector needs to be trimmed (bottom side) because a screw from an led pcb board blocks it from clipping in place. I used a dremel tool to do this.

Can you PLEASE post a pic of this cliffy on the drop target you had to trim.
Cliffy himself has requested this after I mentioned this post .

Thanks .

#1265 7 years ago

I feel like a complete jackass........but gotta ask.

Trying to install the cliffy's on my premium. Just undid the two screws underneath the hooks that the apron is screwed into.

Apron still won't budge. Took a look around, can't see anything.

HELP! LOL

#1266 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I feel like a complete jackass........but gotta ask.
Trying to install the cliffy's on my premium. Just undid the two screws underneath the hooks that the apron is screwed into.
Apron still won't budge. Took a look around, can't see anything.
HELP! LOL

Lift your instruction and price cards off.

#1267 7 years ago

First thing I did............bare metal underneath.

#1268 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

First thing I did............bare metal underneath.

There's usually two tabs that are slid into brackets toward the front of the apron. Slide the apron forward.

#1269 7 years ago

While I'm at it.......I've searched this thread and other GB threads. Not quite sure how/where to install these. I figure the one on the left is gonna go to the left of the shooter lane, where the ball ejects. Other two...not a f'n clue!

cliffy (resized).JPGcliffy (resized).JPG

#1270 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

While I'm at it.......I've searched this thread and other GB threads. Not quite sure how/where to install these. I figure the one on the left is gonna go to the left of the shooter lane, where the ball ejects. Other two...not a f'n clue!

This link might be helpful for both your questions.

#1271 7 years ago

Awesome....thanks SO MUCH!

#1272 7 years ago

I wrote the following steps for Lee who will be doing a video but in the meantime maybe it will help a few here. I would appreciate any additions or corrections from those who've done it as I do not own the game... yet

GB main eject;
This protector uses two mountings- 3M adhesive and the headless studs already on the game. Prep by removing the headless studs, wipe area with alcohol to clean and also because alcohol activates 3M's adhesives. Peel backing film and top film on protector, line up over stud holes and press into place. Rub down with soft cloth to help activate adhesive as it's also pressure sensitive. Install the headless studs and tighten slowly and carefully watch for warping. Stop when that occurs. Just tight enough is good enough.

Right side eject;
This protector also uses two mountings - 3M adhesive dot and mainly clamping force from the rail. Prep by *NEARLY* removing the rail screws from the bottom. The tips of the screws MUST be below the top surface of the playfield. They can be completely removed but it isn't necessary just as long as they are below the surface. Sterns method of threading the screws into both the playfield and the rail creates a problem for us because it creates a "jack screw" instead of a "vice screw". Therefore the use of clamps is absolutely critical to a successful install of the right side eject.
Lift rail enough to slip the protector underneath. Peel both films from protector and slip under rail taking care to align the metal edge along the shooter groove edge AND the pas-through screw hole. Push the rail down by hand at first to check the protector alignment again. Now use Quik-Clamps or C-Clamps to squeeze the rail down onto the protector. Check alignment hasn't moved and if satisfied only then should you install the rail screws from the bottom. Remove clamps when finished. If done properly there is no way the protector can move out of position.

Rail Guard™;
Prep by removing bubble level screws on rail and film from Rail Guard™. Position Rail Guard™ on rail and align the two uppermost screws over the bubble level screw holes. The Rail Guard™ is notched to provide clearance for Sterns bubble levels. Install bubble level with it's screws through the Rail Guard™ and tighten. My design keeps the level at it's proper incline - you're all very welcome I include a #6 x 3/8" truss head screw for the tail end of the Rail Guard™ and people can choose to use it or not. The level screws are sufficient but some (me) prefer a more finished look with the bottom screw added. You can simply drive the screw in or pilot drill using a #40 drill but no bigger than #36.

Outhole Drain;
Prep by loosening the ball chute from the bottom and removing film from the protector. The chute may or may not need to be fully dropped out, I'm not familiar on GB so you're on you're own with this one I imagine it's similar to my Metallica though and loosening to create a gap for the clip tab was enough. Once the chute is loosened simply snap the protector in place from the top and reinstall the chute.

Drop targets;
Prep by dropping the drop target mechs from the bottom and remove the film from the protectors. Once mechs are dropped simply snap the protectors in from the top and reinstall the drop mechanisms.

#1273 7 years ago

I was told by someone that there is a protector being made for the Ecto Goggles. This is coming from stern thru Distributors.
Anyone else hear anything about it?
Magicchiz

#1274 7 years ago

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1275 7 years ago

Play field is perfect with the exception of this. I'm going to Mylar it. Is stern working with those having issues?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1276 7 years ago

Here are pictures of the Cliffy drop target protectors with makrolon playfield protector installed. I had to trim the right protector (no more kink), since an led pcb board screw was located too close. No issues with fitment or looseness, even with the trimming and about 100 games of play.

IMG_1937.JPGIMG_1937.JPG

IMG_1938.JPGIMG_1938.JPG

IMG_1941.JPGIMG_1941.JPG

IMG_1939.JPGIMG_1939.JPG

IMG_1940.JPGIMG_1940.JPG

#1277 7 years ago

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix my problem? My skill shot is taken away when I launch the ball. The rollover I think is not supposed to be active when launching, but is and takes away the skill shot. Thank you for any ideas.

#1278 7 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

I wrote the following steps for Lee who will be doing a video but in the meantime maybe it will help a few here. I would appreciate any additions or corrections from those who've done it as I do not own the game... yet
GB main eject;
This protector uses two mountings- 3M adhesive and the headless studs already on the game. Prep by removing the headless studs, wipe area with alcohol to clean and also because alcohol activates 3M's adhesives. Peel backing film and top film on protector, line up over stud holes and press into place. Rub down with soft cloth to help activate adhesive as it's also pressure sensitive. Install the headless studs and tighten slowly and carefully watch for warping. Stop when that occurs. Just tight enough is good enough.
Right side eject;
This protector also uses two mountings - 3M adhesive dot and mainly clamping force from the rail. Prep by *NEARLY* removing the rail screws from the bottom. The tips of the screws MUST be below the top surface of the playfield. They can be completely removed but it isn't necessary just as long as they are below the surface. Sterns method of threading the screws into both the playfield and the rail creates a problem for us because it creates a "jack screw" instead of a "vice screw". Therefore the use of clamps is absolutely critical to a successful install of the right side eject.
Lift rail enough to slip the protector underneath. Peel both films from protector and slip under rail taking care to align the metal edge along the shooter groove edge AND the pas-through screw hole. Push the rail down by hand at first to check the protector alignment again. Now use Quik-Clamps or C-Clamps to squeeze the rail down onto the protector. Check alignment hasn't moved and if satisfied only then should you install the rail screws from the bottom. Remove clamps when finished. If done properly there is no way the protector can move out of position.
Rail Guard™;
Prep by removing bubble level screws on rail and film from Rail Guard™. Position Rail Guard™ on rail and align the two uppermost screws over the bubble level screw holes. The Rail Guard™ is notched to provide clearance for Sterns bubble levels. Install bubble level with it's screws through the Rail Guard™ and tighten. My design keeps the level at it's proper incline - you're all very welcome I include a #6 x 3/8" truss head screw for the tail end of the Rail Guard™ and people can choose to use it or not. The level screws are sufficient but some (me) prefer a more finished look with the bottom screw added. You can simply drive the screw in or pilot drill using a #40 drill but no bigger than #36.
Outhole Drain;
Prep by loosening the ball chute from the bottom and removing film from the protector. The chute may or may not need to be fully dropped out, I'm not familiar on GB so you're on you're own with this one I imagine it's similar to my Metallica though and loosening to create a gap for the clip tab was enough. Once the chute is loosened simply snap the protector in place from the top and reinstall the chute.
Drop targets;
Prep by dropping the drop target mechs from the bottom and remove the film from the protectors. Once mechs are dropped simply snap the protectors in from the top and reinstall the drop mechanisms.

Thanks very much Cliff! We all appreciate what you do for pinball! I'm wondering if the website is going to be updated as well and add Ghostbusters to the game list with all the updates like using the tZ gum ball protector on the ball drain and the drop target protectors etc? What is the likely hood of wear at the drop targets if left in-protected?

#1279 7 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

Here are pictures of the Cliffy drop target protectors with makrolon playfield protector installed. I had to trim the right protector (no more kink), since an led pcb board screw was located too close. No issues with fitment or looseness, even with the trimming and about 100 games of play.

Awesome pics! Thanks for posting. I'm supposed to be getting my premium this week so I'm paying very close attention. How long did it take to install the playfield protector?

#1280 7 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Awesome pics! Thanks for posting. I'm supposed to be getting my premium this week so I'm paying very close attention. How long did it take to install the playfield protector?

It was a little tougher than MMR. About 5 hours, but well worth it, fits and looks great. I don't really notice any difference in play either between my Premium with protector and the routed LE I've been playing for a couple of months.

#1281 7 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Thanks very much Cliff! We all appreciate what you do for pinball! I'm wondering if the website is going to be updated as well and add Ghostbusters to the game list with all the updates like using the tZ gum ball protector on the ball drain and the drop target protectors etc? What is the likely hood of wear at the drop targets if left in-protected?

I'm planning to, of course, but I'm honestly STILL waiting for a playfield so I can do a full on set. I placed an order on day 1 and nada to date!

#1282 7 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

It was a little tougher than MMR. About 5 hours, but well worth it, fits and looks great. I don't really notice any difference in play either between my Premium with protector and the routed LE I've been playing for a couple of months.

I know this is a GB thread but I'd like to ask you where you got the MMR playfield protector. What tips do you have as well for installing it? Thanks!

#1283 7 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I know this is a GB thread but I'd like to ask you where you got the MMR playfield protector. What tips do you have as well for installing it? Thanks!

I ordered directly from playfield-protectors.com out of Germany. They ship the protector flat, not rolled. On MMR, you will need to remove the flaps for the trolls, as the flaps will sit on top of the protector. No switches needed any adjustments for me. Take your time and take lots of pictures for reassembly. Also, install all your Cliffy's beforehand, since they will go under the playfield protector.

#1284 7 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

I ordered directly from playfield-protectors.com out of Germany. They ship the protector flat, not rolled. On MMR, you will need to remove the flaps for the trolls, as the flaps will sit on top of the protector. No switches needed any adjustments for me. Take your time and take lots of pictures for reassembly. Also, install all your Cliffy's beforehand, since they will go under the playfield protector.

Awesome reply. Thanks!

#1285 7 years ago

Well was just told that my Ghost Busters will most likely be showing up at the distributor next week (local so should be at my place soon after). Put money down in March and looks like I'll at least get an early Christmas gift

Figure I'll take the day off so I can get it setup, protectors installed, add ons etc before the family gets home.

#1286 7 years ago

It's been 2 weeks since I picked up my Premium with playfield date of 10/14 and manufacture date of 10/27. I have ZERO ghosting or chipping anywhere at this point with over 200 plays. I did install Cliffys in shooter lane and the drain before I put one game on it. Very happy with my machine. Just wanted to check in at the 2 week mark with an update.

#1287 7 years ago

Can the old style latch and lockdown still be installed on the new premium machines.

#1288 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Can the old style latch and lockdown still be installed on the new premium machines.

anythings possible but honestly I think the stern solution is much better!

#1289 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I have always took out that clip style and put the latch style on... but Im wondering if anything has changed.

#1290 7 years ago

Anyone know if some are shippping this week ?

#1291 7 years ago

Next week from what I heard.....

#1292 7 years ago

Does any one know if Stern is doing anything to fix the issues that people having with their play fields?

#1293 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Next week from what I heard.....

Darn so much for before thanks giving Guess I shouldn't have waited.

#1294 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if you want the good prices, you have to pick up yourself.

Yeah but even with pick up they are not supposed to sell lower then 6695$ for a premium

#1295 7 years ago

Has anyone gotten a Premiun recently from Cointaker?

#1296 7 years ago

update...beating the crap out of my premium every night...zero issues

#1297 7 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Has anyone gotten a Premiun recently from Cointaker?

Told they are shipping this week...Direct from the lady.
Grain of salt .

#1298 7 years ago

New GB code 1.11 just dropped

#1299 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

New GB code 1.11 just dropped

Nice !

#1300 7 years ago

Unfortunately it was just a bug fix basically ....but hey something is better than nothing ...and will take what we can get lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 49.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

15,699 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.