IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 37.
#1101 7 years ago

Sorry to report that my premium is showing ghosting on Tobin. Two dates on playfield one stamped and one written, both late September. Great game,and very fun though.

#1102 7 years ago

Until Stern explains the background and history to this problem, including PF suppliers, their proposed solutions, and when (specifically) it is safe to buy again, I would not buy Stern ever again. Their quality has become critically poor.

This is in addition to the price 'issue'.

#1103 7 years ago

I just ordered the same kit from cliffy. I have the upgrade kit from pinball life and an air ball protector already. Anything else that's a must have for a new machine? I likely won't have mine until sometime in December.

#1104 7 years ago

How are the scoreli protectors going to fit?! My targets are tight as hell in the pf holes.

#1105 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

How are the scoreli protectors going to fit?! My targets are tight as hell in the pf holes.

with 1 screw

#1106 7 years ago

Have a pic?

#1107 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I am also wondering if these will disrupt the balls travel? I have this same drop target protector on my STLE and it works great, but the drop isn't in the middle of the playfield on ST. I'm not sure how else to protect the scolari targets.

#1108 7 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

I just ordered the same kit from cliffy. I have the upgrade kit from pinball life and an air ball protector already. Anything else that's a must have for a new machine? I likely won't have mine until sometime in December.

What's the upgrade kit? I just checked pinballlife.com and I don't see a kit got GB.

Who has a topper? Worth $500? Maybe worth waiting to black fri...

#1109 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The protectors are thin and should sit very flush. Just got them in the mail from Cliffy yesterday.

IMG_1891.JPGIMG_1891.JPG

IMG_1892.JPGIMG_1892.JPG

#1110 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I was looking at the drops as well. Will be tough to fit a piece of paper in there, let alone a piece of metal. I've been thinking that the area needs something in my opinion(over time there will be issues), but thinking drops will have to changed/modified in order to fit.

Any thoughts on what to do here?

IMG_0455 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_0455 (2) (resized).JPG

#1111 7 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

The protectors are thin and should sit very flush. Just got them in the mail from Cliffy yesterday.

Interested on how they fit, please let us know. Would love to put a set on mine.

#1112 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

I was looking at the drops as well. Will be tough to fit a piece of paper in there, let alone a piece of metal. I've been thinking that the area needs something in my opinion(over time there will be issues), but thinking drops will have to changed/modified in order to fit.
Any thoughts on what to do here?

My Premium has already been shipped and is arriving next week. I'll post if there are any installation or fitting issues with the protector.

#1113 7 years ago

For the guys who have installed or have the new code , did it totally mess up the esp video mode ?

#1114 7 years ago

Following, I want one bad, but think I'm going to fight the urge until we all feel more comfortable about the PF issues being resolved. Seems that FUN was making the bad PFs and Churchill is back on board, but that is just buzz from some other threads. I'm also on the fence between premium and pro, go back and forth in my head everyday!

#1115 7 years ago

Go with the premium.

#1116 7 years ago

I updated to 1.10. I have not had any ESP lockups. Although there are multiple times the it says on dmd that it should light ESP and it doesn't. I do have the PKE (E) flicker. although my Slimer is fine and code seems pretty good and it appears without to much play that it seem the game code is a little better at getting you farther in the game. but still a tough game.
magicchiz

#1117 7 years ago

Our local op put the new code in and it seems the esp video mode doesn't work at all , it's a pro model

#1118 7 years ago

Upgrade kit:
http://pinball-universe.de/ghostbusters-pu-upgrade-kit

Pinball life imports it, they look to be sold out right now.

#1119 7 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

Upgrade kit:
http://pinball-universe.de/ghostbusters-pu-upgrade-kit
Pinball life imports it, they look to be sold out right now.

If anyone in the US wants one now, hit me up. I've got one that I don't need anymore.

#1120 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If anyone in the US wants one now, hit me up. I've got one that I don't need anymore.

Is it because you're not buying a GB now? Lol

#1121 7 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Is it because you're not buying a GB now? Lol

Yup! I'm out.

Seeing two new Premiums with ghosting was the final straw.

#1122 7 years ago

Had a surprise--my Premium was able to be delivered today!

I haven't gone looking at playfield dates yet, but the inserts looked fine out of the box. Looking forward to getting to spend some real time on it!!

IMG_4154 (resized).JPGIMG_4154 (resized).JPG

#1123 7 years ago

Is anyone selling the shooter lane kit they offer? I don't know what their site wants to do checkout. I guess I'm to simple minded to figure it out,and don't want to make a mistake. My premium plays great and is fun. The air ball protector OLDPINGUY made fits,and works great. I have no issues with slimmer,or auto launch. Tobin has some ghosting on both edges,one dent on inside shooter lane but clear still looks good,no spreading, from when shooter was a little more aggressive. My skill shot is taken away each time when ball goes over roll over,still can't figure that one out, maybe bug in code? Running old code on game until more things get worked out. It is a shame that two out of my three nib Sterns have some sort of qc issue with the playfields. My family and I are really enjoying this one. Ps not experiencing any of the other issues with bad drains,or ball hopes. Knock on wood.

#1124 7 years ago

Still waiting for my Premium. I was told almost two weeks ago that it was going to be soon. Hoping for it to be this week on one hand. But the other hand says the longer you wait the more chance of issues being resolved. Not to mention that it would sit in the box for a couple weeks anyway while I finish the basement.

#1125 7 years ago

my chrome Premium

IMG_6503 (resized).jpgIMG_6503 (resized).jpg

IMG_6505 (resized).jpgIMG_6505 (resized).jpg

IMG_6507 (resized).jpgIMG_6507 (resized).jpg

#1126 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

my chrome Premium

Looks good!

#1127 7 years ago

chrome looks nice but where did you get the new york license plate and sticker? That's awesome!

#1128 7 years ago

the license plate is signed by Dan Aykroyd
at a vodka presentation in germany

the coin door decal is my design

#1129 7 years ago

very very nice. Where did you even get that plate though?

#1130 7 years ago

I installed the Pinball Universe center post kit that also has plastics that extend over the rails but they don't stop balls from flying over. Next thing I'm trying is adding the green plastics (which are included) and tapping up the inner rail guides. If that doesn't work I'll remove all of it and try the kit from LSOG. And to think all of these hop overs are indirectly a result of the photon beam kit that was supposed to go in the outlanes, which resulted in having insufficient lane guards.

#1131 7 years ago

Looks like Amazon has them. I like the look of it and it's not $500....thanks for posting.

#1133 7 years ago

I've been waiting for my PRE with the target in September, then October, now November, but I really don't mind, even if I need to wait until after the first of the year, as issues (and software updates) are being addressed.

My logic is, the longer I wait, the better the product. That is, until a new machine gets introduced - then I'll wish I got on board with the latest creation.

Nah, I'll wait.

#1134 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

awesome - just bought this one
amazon.com link »

Looks great. Could you tell if it will fit on the coin door? I didn't see dimensions on Amazon, but thought it might be full license plate size based on the description.

#1135 7 years ago

That one would be for the topper I believe.

#1136 7 years ago

exactly the topper.

#1137 7 years ago

Still got an airball off the lane divider on the left side that went up onto the left side plastic (above the outlane), then rolled out. So for outlane protection, I'd have to think the plastic offered by LSoG is the best solution since it covers those lane dividers. But, the PU kit gives you the center post. Adding the green plastics in the PU kit did help, and it *might* have helped raising the lane divider guides.

Switched to 1.10 code but I do not allow modes to time out, just mode continue. I like Don't Cross the Streams but I seemed to start video mode too many times.

This game sure has an amazing sound package. And you *can* tell that it's in stereo, despite being told by Stern for years that it wasn't necessary because there isn't enough L/R separation. We all knew better.

#1138 7 years ago

Premium at the dock awaiting pick up!!!

#1139 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Still got an airball off the lane divider on the left side that went up onto the left side plastic (above the outlane), then rolled out. So for outlane protection, I'd have to think the plastic offered by LSoG is the best solution since it covers those lane dividers. But, the PU kit gives you the center post. Adding the green plastics in the PU kit did help, and it *might* have helped raising the lane divider guides.

One GB plastic protector from Little Shop of Games has a center post option. I don't how well it works compared with the PBL/Pinball Universe kit, though. Has anyone tried it?

#1140 7 years ago

Hey guys I'm going to post this in a couple GB threads. I'd appreciate the help

So something weird happened yesterday.

On Saturday, I updated to 1.10 and played a bunch of games and noticed quite a few bugs

Last night I had a few games and I noticed the left flipper sometimes when I pressed it would stay up.

Any ideas on what this could be?

#1141 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Switched to 1.10 code but I do not allow modes to time out, just mode continue.

This game sure has an amazing sound package. And you *can* tell that it's in stereo, despite being told by Stern for years that it wasn't necessary because there isn't enough L/R separation. We all knew better.

Agree and agree. I like modes continue only and the sound is really amazing.

#1142 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

One GB plastic protector from Little Shop of Games has a center post option. I don't how well it works compared with the PBL/Pinball Universe kit, though. Has anyone tried it?

How about that? All I had to do was look:
http://littleshopofgames.com/product/ghostbusters-extended-sling-protector-with-center-post/

#1143 7 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Last night I had a few games and I noticed the left flipper sometimes when I pressed it would stay up.

Alert your doctor if condition persists more than 4 hours.

#1145 7 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Hey guys I'm going to post this in a couple GB threads. I'd appreciate the help
So something weird happened yesterday.
On Saturday, I updated to 1.10 and played a bunch of games and noticed quite a few bugs
Any ideas on what this could be?

THe button itself can somtimes stick in, holding the leaf switch. Or you can get the flipper mech binding. You'll need to figure out which or what is causing it.

#1146 7 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Premium at the dock awaiting pick up!!!

48 more hours for me!!!!!

#1147 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

48 more hours for me!!!!!

I'm hoping soon am I the only one that's ordered on announce that doesn't have it yet ? LOL

#1148 7 years ago

I ordered last week and my distributor said two-three weeks. Interested to see how long it really takes

#1149 7 years ago

Sounds like I'm still a couple weeks out on my LE, I am still excited to get the game!

#1150 7 years ago

Thinking of picking up a GB very soon..... That being said what shipping dates should I be looking for on the box so I can be sure im getting a churchill playfield. Is there anyway I can verify without taking the game out of the box ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
15,699 (OBO)
$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info/page/23?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.