IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 37.
#1051 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Man just flat out ask who makes the pfs, for all.of us .

I was told by my distributor that Churchill is making all of the play fields recently, once they discovered the issues. The bad ones were made by someone else.

#1052 7 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

I was told by my distributor that Churchill is making all of the play fields recently, once they discovered the issues. The bad ones were made by someone else.

Good to here but, until Stern confirms this ...

#1053 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Please ask lots of questions ,
Let us know pf date etc .

I was told by my distributor that my Premium was made this week. I'll update tomorrow afternoon or evening.

#1054 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Picking up my Premium tomorrow at Stern!

Glad to hear!

#1055 7 years ago

I've put the 3 piece Cliffy on my shooter lane, but the damage was already done. I would recommend everyone to get them before one ball is played.

#1056 7 years ago

Mine is coming next week too!!!

#1057 7 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

This is correct! The "fixed" playfields are now being produced by Churchill.

#1058 7 years ago

This is killing me...I want to order my Premium in January and am wondering if I should wait even longer...

#1059 7 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

This is killing me...I want to order my Premium in January and am wondering if I should wait even longer...

Supposedly the playfields are now fixed. I'm reading this here and was told that by my distributor, who also confirmed that some of the late September and early October playfields will have issues (all anecdotal, but he has been in the business a long time and is a large Stern distributor). My Premium ships tomorrow. I'll put quite a few games on it next week and if I see or don't see any insert ghosting I'll report back.

#1060 7 years ago

my field says 9.8 on it. Still don't have a speck of ghosting. I think it depends on who made your field.

#1061 7 years ago

I was told the play field issues have been resolved however they would not say who is making the play fields...

#1062 7 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

Supposedly the playfields are now fixed. I'm reading this here and was told that by my distributor, who also confirmed that some of the late September and early October playfields will have issues (all anecdotal, but he has been in the business a long time and is a large Stern distributor). My Premium ships tomorrow. I'll put quite a few games on it next week and if I see or don't see any insert ghosting I'll report back.

Confused, their resolved but will still have issues?

#1063 7 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Confused, their resolved but will still have issues?

Resolved for machines in production now. Some machines produced in September to early October will have the playfield issues. This is all anecdotal from my distributor.

#1064 7 years ago

I am sure I am an idiot. But I just put down a deposit on a premium. The game just looks too cool.

#1065 7 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I am sure I am an idiot. But I just put down a deposit on a premium. The game just looks too cool.

You won't regret it!! I would highly recommend a playfield protector from the guys in Germany. Over 780 plays on my premium without a single dimple in the playfield!

Oh and definitely get the shaker motor! It adds a lot to the game.

20161026_131147 (resized).jpg20161026_131147 (resized).jpg

#1066 7 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

You won't regret it!! I would highly recommend a playfield protector from the guys in Germany. Over 780 plays on my premium without a single dimple in the playfield!
Oh and definitely get the shaker motor! It adds a lot to the game.

Maybe its just me but I don't really care about dimples, after a while all the wood compresses and the dimples are barley noticeable.

#1067 7 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

The game just looks too cool

They key word is "looks"

#1068 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Maybe its just me but I don't really care about dimples, after a while all the wood compresses and the dimples are barley noticeable.

That's how pinball is supposed to work. Those play field protectors play like shit.

#1069 7 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

That's how pinball is supposed to work. Those play field protectors play like shit.

I used the new 0.5mm full playfield protector from Germany. I had it on free play at an expo last weekend where many other owners of Ghostbusters said the same thing "there is little to no difference in play". Again it's all a matter of opinion, for me it makes sense to put on a playfield protector for around $100 Bucks or so and protect my 9k pinball machine.

#1070 7 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

I used the new 0.5mm full playfield protector from Germany. I had it on free play at an expo last weekend where many other owners of Ghostbusters said the same thing "there is little to no difference in play". Again it's all a matter of opinion, for me it makes sense to put on a playfield protector for around $100 Bucks or so and protect my 9k pinball machine.

I've got one of these anxiously waiting to install it. How bad was the install of the pf protector?

#1071 7 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Except being plastic they get dull and cloudy with time. Then you'll have to disassemble everything to remove or replace it. Since yours sadly has all the ghosting (Sept 22 PF right?) then it seems all it will "fix" is the dimpling. I've never liked watching the initial dimpling occur either so I can understand your thinking...

It obviously has some trade offs - good to hear it's working out.

#1072 7 years ago

I am interested in the install of the protector. How hard is it to install. I may give it a shot if it is not too difficult and I can remove it if it does not work out.

#1073 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Please ask lots of questions ,
Let us know pf date etc .

Don't ask that! Ask if it's freaking fixed!,!!

#1074 7 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I am interested in the install of the protector. How hard is it to install. I may give it a shot if it is not too difficult and I can remove it if it does not work out.

Varies machine to machine. If you can do a decent top-side shop job, should be no problem. On MMR, it took me 3 hours total, including cleaning the playfield. It did require removing the castle and both ramps. I'll install the Ghostbusters Premium one next week when the machine arrives and let you know.

#1075 7 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

Varies machine to machine. If you can do a decent top-side shop job, should be no problem. On MMR, it took me 3 hours total, including cleaning the playfield. It did require removing the castle and both ramps. I'll install the Ghostbusters Premium one next week when the machine arrives and let you know.

Please do!

I was told when I ordered two to three weeks away but I have been in this long enough to know that if I get it before Christmas I will be happy.

Thanks, Mike

#1076 7 years ago

I just had knee surgery a few weeks ago so I actually had a friend from portland pinball repair pick the machine up new in box and install the playfield protector for me, he said it took him most of the night "somewhere around 3-4 hours. As far as it getting cloudy, yes it does get cloudy but even after over 780 plays I spent about 5 min cleaning it with novus 2 and it looks new again , again it's just something I wanted to to keep my machine lasting longer.

#1077 7 years ago

Picked up GB today. The machine was born today with playfield date of 10/14. Everything looks great. Not playing until my Cliffy shooter lane pieces arrive.

20161027_164951 (resized).jpg20161027_164951 (resized).jpg
20161027_163316 (resized).jpg20161027_163316 (resized).jpg
20161027_163229 (resized).jpg20161027_163229 (resized).jpg
20161027_163447 (resized).jpg20161027_163447 (resized).jpg
20161027_163450 (resized).jpg20161027_163450 (resized).jpg
20161027_163207 (resized).jpg20161027_163207 (resized).jpg

#1078 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Picked up GB today at Stern. The machine was born today with playfield date of 10/14. Everything looks great. Not playing until my Cliffy shooter lane pieces arrive.

Did you order through a distributor? If so, who?

#1079 7 years ago

guys - do I really need to drill a hole to install the cliffy lane protectors? Never done this before but it seems like a lot of work.

#1080 7 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

Did you order through a distributor? If so, who?

I pre-ordered in March through Trent at Tilt Amusements in Ohio.

#1081 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Picked up GB today at Stern. The machine was born today with playfield date of 10/14. Everything looks great. Not playing until my Cliffy shooter lane pieces arrive.

So what did they say about the playfields ????
Is it true Churchill is back ?
Are they fixed ?

#1082 7 years ago

And why can't we order the cliffy lane protectors online somewhere? It's an email only request to him?

#1083 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

And why can't we order the cliffy lane protectors online somewhere? It's an email only request to him?

Just send Cliff an email tell him what you want and he will send you an invoice .

www.passionforpinball.com

#1084 7 years ago

Is there a cliffy kit for GB? Also does his standard shooter lane protection kit work on GB? I have a bunch of those laying around. Thanks, Mike

#1085 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

guys - do I really need to drill a hole to install the cliffy lane protectors? Never done this before but it seems like a lot of work.

Just remove the bottom screw from the bubble level and use that hole for the cliffy. No need to use the second screw on the cliffy it holds fine with the one screw.

#1086 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Are they fixed ?

I didn't talk to anyone that would know any details about the playfield manufacturing. Sorry I couldn't help there.

#1087 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

I've put the 3 piece Cliffy on my shooter lane, but the damage was already done. I would recommend everyone to get them before one ball is played.

Thanks - My game "should" be here in a week or 2 and you just gave me the push I needed to get them Cliffy's ordered. Cliff is a really great guy. What would we all do without him!!!

#1088 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Picked up GB today. The machine was born today with playfield date of 10/14. Everything looks great. Not playing until my Cliffy shooter lane pieces arrive.

I would just gently place the ball in the shooter lane and get playing!!! How in the heck can you wait??? Good for you - I wouldn't be able to stop myself.

#1089 7 years ago

I ordered today so looking for some info. Are the air ball protectors and sling protectors a must? Where do you get them? I am assuming Cliffy has a kit for the game? Thanks again, Mike

#1090 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I pre-ordered in March through Trent at Tilt Amusements in Ohio.

Cool. I didn't know you could pick it up directly from stern. That may be an option for me in the future.

#1091 7 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I ordered today so looking for some info. Are the air ball protectors and sling protectors a must? Where do you get them? I am assuming Cliffy has a kit for the game? Thanks again, Mike

Cliffy has shooter lane protectors I ordered. It's not on the website but if you email him he will have them ready to put in an invoice for you.

#1092 7 years ago

I am huge proponent of lollipop side rails. Has anyone added these? Did you go with standard rails, upgraded stern rails or powder coded? I want to see the upgraded stern ones on a machine but I guess no one is as crazy as me to consider buying them.

#1093 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Are they fixed ?

First: sorry for my bad english.

I'm interested in the answers on your questions to.
There must have been someone who did send Stern an email with the question:
Dear Stern, I'm planning to buy a Ghostbusters Premium pinball machine.
Can you tell me if the playfields are ok now?
Does Stern do not answer these questions?
Why don't they just do an announcement on their website?
I can not wait to order one if the problems are solved

#1094 7 years ago
Quoted from robbie:

There must have been someone who did send Stern an email with the question:
Dear Stern, I'm planning to buy a Ghostbusters Premium pinball machine.
Can you tell me if the playfields are ok now?
Does Stern do not answer these questions?

I emailed this exact question to Stern a few weeks ago and got no response.

#1095 7 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I am huge proponent of lollipop side rails. Has anyone added these? Did you go with standard rails, upgraded stern rails or powder coded? I want to see the upgraded stern ones on a machine but I guess no one is as crazy as me to consider buying them.

Bought the lollipop rails from Mirco and powder coating locally myself. I'll post pics when it's done.

#1096 7 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I ordered lollipop rails from Pinball Life. I will post pics of those as they are simply black powdercoat but look nice.

#1097 7 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I chatted with Cliff via email over the last few days. He said the Gumball protector for TZ fits the Stern outhole drain exactly. He also sent me some photos.

I asked him to give me everything he's got for GB Premium and this is the package:

Ghost Busters LE/Prem set- 2pc Scoleri drop targets, 2 switch slot, outhole drain, 2pc shooter eject, Rail Guard™ $88.00

Stern-Outhole-TZGum (resized).JPGStern-Outhole-TZGum (resized).JPG

Eric-GB-Eject-final (resized).jpgEric-GB-Eject-final (resized).jpg

GB-eject-set (resized).jpgGB-eject-set (resized).jpg

#1098 7 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

I chatted with Cliff via email over the last few days. He said the Gumball protector for TZ fits the Stern outhole drain exactly. He also sent me some photos.
I asked him to give me everything he's got for GB Premium and this is the package:
Ghost Busters LE/Prem set- 2pc Scoleri drop targets, 2 switch slot, outhole drain, 2pc shooter eject, Rail Guard™ $88.00

There is a picture Above of protectors on the scoop. Is this come stock or something from cliffy?

#1099 7 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

There is a picture Above of protectors on the scoop. Is this come stock or something from cliffy?

Scoop has factory pro .

#1100 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

no drilling required for any of the cliffy shooter lane protectors on the latest sterns. I have them on all of mine. there is one self tapper that you use for the piece that mounts on the top right rail, one hole is there already (bubble level) you simply use the self tapper short screw for the other hole.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.