IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 37.
#951 7 years ago
Quoted from jaystile:

If you can find that post let me know! I've been digging through the site and haven't found it. Oh Google why have you forsaken me?

I am too technologically challenged to provide a link, but I think the post you're looking for re: the auto-plunge spring is #16786 in The Real Ghostbusters thread. The post has info about the part from Marco.

#952 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I am too technologically challenged to provide a link, but I think the post you're looking for re: the auto-plunge spring is #16786 in The Real Ghostbusters thread. The post has info about the part from Marco.

Ferris, you're my hero.

Original post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/336#post-3316814
Link to part: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-437

I've ordered it and I will post back if it helps out. I can see that the coil would have to compress that spring which should limit the energy applied to the kick.

#953 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I know everyone wants every pin to be 100% correct out of the box every time. I agree, it would be awesome, sign me up. That's not the reality. When fixes to issues like this are so minor it is odd to be complaining about it imo. Clear coat issues, big problem. 2 mins adjusting slimer, not so much.

Sorry, the way I saw my buddy's premium unboxed showed a complete disregard for how this mechanism was setup. There is no way possible anyone with half an interest would have passed it... dragging on the left side plastics... the capitive ball area, and all over the city. It was just mms off the playfield. It's not about being fixable or not... its about the process and attention to detail while the company continues to pump prices at an alarming rate.

#954 7 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

I also want to know where you can buy this.

Quoted from nowakster:

Is there a link for the cliffy protectors? I can't find the ghostbusters one there.

http://www.passionforpinball.com

They are not listed on the site yet but email Cliff through the site. He has them. Mine just came today.

#955 7 years ago

And I think....you get the green colored spring for the manual plunger. The orange one that it comes with can be too strong too.

I haven't got mine yet....it comes with orange right?

#956 7 years ago
Quoted from jaystile:

I have had my Ghostbusters Premium since Tuesday and I think I only enjoyed it for the first time this evening. I have been having a lot of trouble getting it dialed in. I'm going to list out of problems/solutions that I've encountered to let you know my status.
1. Slimer was hitting the glass from above and captive ball metal on the bottom. You've seen this a thousand times in this thread, so I will not beat a dead horse. Bend the armature with slow steady pressure and use the the test mode to check his movement. FIXED.
2. I updated the code from 1.05 (factory default) to 1.10. Things seem to work fine. 797million scored in the release. FIXED.
3. The ball was getting stuck in the subway. This was 100% due to the ball moving too fast through the ramp and when it came to the drop it would fall without making contact with rails and roll back and forth. A little electrical tape in the first ring on the right slowed it down to where it hasn't happened yet. FIXED.
4. The hits on the subway ramp for 'Who brought the dog' and 'Superjackpot' were not registering. I spent a lot of time on this because it turned out to be multiple errors. I diagnosed the problem by using the switch test routine and it wasn't registering. I got out my multi-meter and started checking for continuity. I found that one of the wire heads was not firmly seated in the plastic wiring harness. I thought that would fix it, but then I started playing and it still wasn't registering. So, then I started getting frustrated and I took the switch off and tested it with the multi-meter. It checked out. It was my twelve year old daughter who said 'are you sure the ball is hitting the switch'? It turns out she was correct. In a slow rolling test the switch was registering. When the ball was moving fast it would snake around the switch. I just bent the switch armature out a little bit and now it is working. FIXED.
5. Tony Scoleri can kiss my butt. The drop target is firing twice in the diagnostic mode. I've written about this in the 'Ghostbuster Issue Thread'. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/29#post-3399665. I have been unable to fix this and it really wrecks the 'Scoleri Brothers' mode. NEED HELP!
6. The auto launcher fires like a cannon. It smashes into the back of the table and sometimes nearly takes out Mr. Staypuft or flies right back down the shooting lane. I'm considering putting in a compression spring with more coils to see if that slows it down. I have set the coil power to 'soft' in the settings. Let me know if you have any suggestions. NEED HELP!
7. Airballs happen. I've ordered a guard from oldpinguy. IN PROGRESS.
8. I have not had problems with the outlane hopping unless it comes from an airball. But I did tap the wires up 1/8" with my countersink nail spike. FIXED.
9. Last but not least, I have chips in the clearcloat where the ball is ejected. I also have another chip where the balls fall into the trough. Vid wrote and said that Stern is sending out clear nail polish to fix it and not the two part auto clear. I'm going to give the nail polish a try and get some mylar down. IN PROGRESS.
I've been in contact with Trent at Tilt Amusements and he said he is forwarding my info to Stern, but I have not heard back. I also am reaching out to Stern directly but I did that Friday night and it is the weekend after all.
After all that, I did have some fun tonight. The rules are brutal, if you don't start a scene on the skill shot then you have to go through Slimer which can lead to a lot of SDTM shots. The 'Scare' worked really well on some young guests that I had over. Lots of screaming was involved. The magna slings make me laugh every time they come into play. You can totally post pass on this game which is necessary to set up your shots. I can't post pass on my Star Trek. I have my tilt sensor set to easy as you really need to move the machine to avoid many SDTM shots.

Quoted from jaystile:

I'm in the Diag > G.B. > LEFT DROP TARGET TEST, when I activate it the 'up' switch it seems to fire twice and then the 'down' switch doesn't work. If I rapidly test up then down it works fine. I have no answer to this.

I figured out #5 and cross posted this issue in the 'Ghostbuster Issues Thread'. I have a bad opto board Stern part #520-5252-01 Rev A. I figured this out by swapping the boards between Nunzio and Tony Scoleri. The bad non registering behavior switched to Nunzio and the good registering behavior switched to Tony. I'm going to contact Trent to see if he can send me a new board as they are $60 on marcospecalties.com.

#957 7 years ago
Quoted from jaystile:

If you can find that post let me know! I've been digging through the site and haven't found it. Oh Google why have you forsaken me?

Here's a link to my post on what worked for me.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/26#post-3355317

Hope this helps. It cured the problem 100% for me.

I also installed the heavy kicker compression spring on the autolaunch coil. Marco part #10-437. I think this will help slow the force of the ball as it goes up the shooter lane.

#958 7 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Here's a link to my post on what worked for me.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/26#post-3355317
Hope this helps. It cured the problem 100% for me.
I also installed the heavy kicker compression spring on the autolaunch coil. Marco part #10-437. I think this will help slow the force of the ball as it goes up the shooter lane.

I tracked it back a touch further to the step by step https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread?tu=mt45#post-3294635. I think I'll try the spring before anything more invasive.

#959 7 years ago

So with Expo behind us is anyone due for delivery on their GB Premium this week?

#960 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

So with Expo behind us is anyone due for delivery on their GB Premium this week?

I have heard they weren't building anymore Premiums till next week. Would love to be wrong.

#961 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I have heard they weren't building anymore Premiums till next week. Would love to be wrong.

Sounds about right to me. Halloween (October 31st) was my "over/under" that I set months ago. I'm hoping it's "the under". Spoke with my distributor at Expo and he told me "before the end of the month."

#962 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Would love to hear that these are on the line again. Has anyone received a game from cointaker yet? Been waiting on mine forever.

#963 7 years ago

I asked my distributor about it and I told him of the rumors I heard with production stopped and his response is that it's not totally true that production stopped. He followed up with "I know last Monday they were pretty much shut down waiting for parts but the rest of the week they were producing."

I think last Monday that he referenced was the 10th.

#964 7 years ago

I had heard that they start production again next week so I thinking I am gonna miss Halloween but thats ok cause my kids have a Halloween party that weekend and would probably beat the daylights out of it, rather break it in myself before the kids have at it.

#965 7 years ago

I don't know why but mentally "November delivery" depresses me, lol. I'm hoping for end of the month of October.

#966 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I don't know why but mentally "November delivery" depresses me, lol. I'm hoping for end of the month of October.

Me too. Hope could be different than reality... or reality could be better than hope...

#967 7 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Would love to hear that these are on the line again. Has anyone received a game from cointaker yet? Been waiting on mine forever.

Not me, invoice date April 1st.

#968 7 years ago

Premium is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Will be my first NIB. Plan on sharing pics and experiences. The question I have now is do I update the code or not.......leaning towards not.

#969 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Premium is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Will be my first NIB. Plan on sharing pics and experiences. The question I have now is do I update the code or not.......leaning towards not.

You might already have the new code on your game.

#970 7 years ago

Untitled (resized).jpegUntitled (resized).jpeg

#971 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

You might already have the new code on your game.

pretty sure it doesn't as it's been sitting waiting for pickup since 10/7. It accidentally wasn't picked up for delivery so I lost a week but the issue was immediately resolved and sent 1 day transit.

#972 7 years ago

Just a checkup. What power do you have your scoops set to? I seem to be having a hard time getting the subway correct. I'm at about 7 degrees.
Thanks

#973 7 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Tell me about it, I'm still waiting for my LE.

#974 7 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Here is a picture of the cliffy installed

I got notification that my Premium will be shipping in the next week or so. I'm SO excited to get my hands on it. I got to play it A LOT at Expo last week and am ready to bring it in the house and play the crap out of it! My question to you is I see your picture of the Cliffy's installed in the shooter lane. I'm wondering I see in your picture that the right one is not straight and is slightly moved to the left. Is this the proper way it looks and works after install?

#975 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Tell me about it, I'm still waiting for my LE.

I saw an LE on the line when we toured the Stern Factory last Thursday during Expo. With any luck it was yours!

#976 7 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

I got notification that my Premium will be shipping in the next week or so. I'm SO excited to get my hands on it. I got to play it A LOT at Expo last week and am ready to bring it in the house and play the crap out of it! My question to you is I see your picture of the Cliffy's installed in the shooter lane. I'm wondering I see in your picture that the right one is not straight and is slightly moved to the left. Is this the proper way it looks and works after install?

I tend it to the left, so that it covers the wear, yes works perfect

#977 7 years ago

I finally got my Premium today. In the parts bag, there was the usual assortment of replacement plastics and decals, and what looked like two different key fobs. There were also two other plastic pieces - one with the ghostbusters logo and one with the text "Ghostbusters" - with two small slots at the bottom of them. Does anyone know what those pieces are for? They're not replacements for anything already on the playfield.

#978 7 years ago
Quoted from GoDFaDDa:

I finally got my Premium today. In the parts bag, there was the usual assortment of replacement plastics and decals, and what looked like two different key fobs. There were also two other plastic pieces - one with the ghostbusters logo and one with the text "Ghostbusters" - with two small slots at the bottom of them. Does anyone know what those pieces are for? They're not replacements for anything already on the playfield.

It's a make your own cheap topper kit.

#979 7 years ago
Quoted from GoDFaDDa:

Can you post a picture of them?

#980 7 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

it makes a standup presumably for use as a topper. Mine had these pieces too.

#981 7 years ago

Talked to my distro about my GBLE, was told Stern is waiting on a fresh batch of playfield's & my game will be built as soon as they come in.

#982 7 years ago

Talked to my distro about my GBLE, was told Stern is waiting on a fresh batch of playfield's & my game will be built as soon as they come in.

Did your distributor happen to mention when the next batch of playfields are expected to arrive at Stern?

#983 7 years ago

so got my premium and all looks good except for slimer dragging. I know a lot of you have had this issue too. What is the easiest way to fix this?

#984 7 years ago

Loosen set screw. Remove arm and place washers on shaft. Reinstall or test. If arm is stuck. Like mine. Carefully bend up while bracing shaft. Test. Done enjoy.

#985 7 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Here's my home made topper showing those pieces you can use to put together the ghost.

https://i1.pinside.com/9/32/932e0aabffca553ed0d4730b4d58b96de5e3c373/resized/740/932e0aabffca553ed0d4730b4d58b96de5e3c373.jpg

#986 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Loosen set screw. Remove arm and place washers on shaft. Reinstall or test. If arm is stuck. Like mine. Carefully bend up while bracing shaft. Test. Done enjoy.

which set screw are you referring to? If it's the top right before the coil meets (has a circle on top of it) - where do I unscrew? Seems like there is a side opening too.

#987 7 years ago

??
It's a set screw. On the slimer arm where it attaches to the shaft. On the firehouse side. No coils I can think of. Not following you sorry.

#988 7 years ago

Which I find kinda suprprising as in the factory last week there was loads of GB play fields! Maybe waiting on fixed ones!

#989 7 years ago

Last night I added red LEDs to ecto 1a. I thought I read somewhere it fit without slimer hitting it and allows for the spinner to clear.
Has anyone been successful fitting the car here?

In this picture you can see slimers set screw facing the flippers.

IMG_3856 (resized).JPGIMG_3856 (resized).JPG

#990 7 years ago

I have got mine to work, but you need to find the sweet spot in order for it to work

IMG_2823 (resized).JPGIMG_2823 (resized).JPG

#991 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

??
It's a set screw. On the slimer arm where it attaches to the shaft. On the firehouse side. No coils I can think of. Not following you sorry.

I figured it out - the screw on the side of it. I raised a little and it's perfect.

#992 7 years ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

I have got mine to work, but you need to find the sweet spot in order for it to work

Where is that ghost mod from?

#993 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Where is that ghost mod from?

Walmart. Mattel original ghostbuster 6" figures. $ 20 each for each character and includes 1 of 4 pieces that makes a standing ghost with red circle. You want the Winston Ziddmore figure and it includes the ghost head.

#994 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Walmart. Mattel original ghostbuster 6" figures. $ 20 each for each character and includes 1 of 4 pieces that makes a standing ghost with red circle. You want the Winston Ziddmore figure and it includes the ghost head.

How did you mount it?

#995 7 years ago

Set mine up today, playfield looks amazing!! Sept 26 date, so far no tweaking necessary other than the ball launches waaaay too hard!! What's the best fix for that?

#996 7 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Set mine up today, playfield looks amazing!! Sept 26 date, so far no tweaking necessary other than the ball launches waaaay too hard!! What's the best fix for that?

I just posted in the Ghostbuster Issue Thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/29#post-3411241 I hope that helps.

#997 7 years ago

I just read that, thank you!! Shitty thing is I just received a small order from Marco and the shipping up to Canada can be a killer.

#998 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

How did you mount it?

I used peelable glue dots, like these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058FCFOG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_FNycybZEZH7N9

They roll on easily and come off just as easily (without damaging the plastics), and they hold really well. I've used them for mounting several mods.

IMG_2490 (resized).JPGIMG_2490 (resized).JPG

#999 7 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

I just read that, thank you!! Shitty thing is I just received a small order from Marco and the shipping up to Canada can be a killer.

Yes, it can. Until I do another order to fix it properly I have just put a bit of adhesive strip foam on top of the coil stop. Has worked great so far.

#1000 7 years ago

The longer I wait for delivery of my Premium the more expensive this pin is becoming. Since I can't play yet I find myself buying mods every couple weeks to satisfy my craving. On my way to Pinball Life right now for lollipop rails

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 103.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 49.95
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

15,699 (OBO)
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info/page/20?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.