IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 37.
#901 7 years ago

Congrats to all you premium owners I have an LE and have been loving it. It is a keeper for sure such a fantastic game. Glad to see they are finally getting these to those that have waited so long I waited 6 months for my LE but I have to tell you it was worth the wait the modes are so much fun and it has that one more game feeling like no other. Here's to hoping the code continues to develop and really brings this game into classic status. After having the game for a while it is more and more fun each time I play it and get farther. You truly get better at this game with practice

#902 7 years ago

Seven months later it finally arrived Monday!! mG1K98d (resized).jpgmG1K98d (resized).jpgAUQnjrp (resized).jpgAUQnjrp (resized).jpg

#903 7 years ago

well still waiting for mine to be delivered. Told it shipped last Friday and a week and 1 day later still no update from the shippers. so annoying - well the waiting game continues until next week. Def calling on monday as unfort no one there today.

#904 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Just picked up my GBLE last night. Build date is Sept.01.2016. Playfield date is hand written (8-19) AND stamped (AUG 25 2016). Just a few plays but all good so far.
Does anyone know what this pulsing sound is between the 13 sec and 16 sec mark in he video??? I hear it a lot. It can be anywhere from a few to several beeps randomly occurring throughout the game. It seems out of place. There are higher pitched pulsing sounds but I can see where those are linked to a mode timing out.
» YouTube video

and so it begins.....

20161015_183021-1-1 (resized).jpg20161015_183021-1-1 (resized).jpg

#905 7 years ago
Quoted from Flake:

Seven months later it finally arrived Monday!!

Man the Premium side art is so beautiful!

I love the midnight blue tone to it.

#906 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

and so it begins.....

Exact sane place where mine started. I put Mylar on it and it's stopped it from going any further.

Hey my slimer is fine on the left side but drags on the black metal captive ball cover. I've mylared it but just wondering if there's a fix. I don't want to raise him too high else I'm worried he'll be too high for the ball to register a hit?

#907 7 years ago
Quoted from hawke:

Got my delivery today, I'm in LOVE. Everything looks great, the game plays really fast. As soon as I booted it up, I was greeted by this little guy:
» YouTube video

that's Toonces. And we all know why he's a ghost.

#908 7 years ago

does anyone sell a shooter lane protector for this game that's local and not overseas? After seeing these pics, I def want to buy something to protect the shooter lane.

#909 7 years ago

Ask cliffy

#910 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

does anyone sell a shooter lane protector for this game that's local and not overseas? After seeing these pics, I def want to buy something to protect the shooter lane.

I just got one of cliffy's lane protectors for mine. I posted the chipping on my 9/8 premium playfield a while back. as soon as I noticed it I covered the area with 3m automotive stone guard, to help prevent it from spreading. So far it doesn't seem to have spread. On a good note, I still have no ghosting inserts.

#911 7 years ago

Got my game Friday just in time to be busy Saturday.
Got it setup late last night and a few games in. Really fun. I have had to adjust both scoops power. I do have it steep but why make the game easy at home. Cliffys are on order but not here yet. Going to take it easy and or try to protect before they get here. Maybe even tape some plastic down. Only has to hold for a week.
I plan on integrating the topper within a week. Need to order some connectors. I will post a video when that's done.
FortyTwo

IMG_3814 (resized).JPGIMG_3814 (resized).JPG

#912 7 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Hey my slimer is fine on the left side but drags on the black metal captive ball cover. I've mylared it but just wondering if there's a fix. I don't want to raise him too high else I'm worried he'll be too high for the ball to register a hit?

I wouldn't worry about it. I raised mine up a bit and there is no issue with registering hits.

#913 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

I just got one of cliffy's lane protectors for mine. I posted the chipping on my 9/8 premium playfield a while back. as soon as I noticed it I covered the area with 3m automotive stone guard, to help prevent it from spreading. So far it doesn't seem to have spread. On a good note, I still have no ghosting inserts.

You mind linking the product?

#914 7 years ago

No link. Just email him and ask. He told me he was super busy this week cuz of expo so have patience. I think it was $28.

#915 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I wouldn't worry about it. I raised mine up a bit and there is no issue with registering hits.

How did you raise him up mate?

#916 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

No link. Just email him and ask. He told me he was super busy this week cuz of expo so have patience. I think it was $28.

Wasn't taking about cliffy I already emailed him but thanks for checking in

I was referring to the automotive stone. Never heard of it.

#917 7 years ago

I just set mine up this week. A premium. I don't get too excited about a new pinball because I've seen and played them all. I compare it to Ron Jeremy getting excited about going to the strip bar
Anyways I must say the game is great. I last bought NIb AC-DC which I still enjoy.
I highly recommend picking up a Premium if you are able. The theme intergration,music and lights how are fantastic. Will plan on keeping this one.

#918 7 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

How did you raise him up mate?

From earlier in this thread:

Quoted from paul_8788:

1) My slimer was dragging his butt on the captive ball mech. My plan was to just raise him up a bit by undoing the hold screw and moving it up a bit, but I could not get that thing to budge after I removed the screw. Instead I slightly bent the arm Slimer is hanging off of, much better now. Also had to tweak his sensitivity a bit, it was registering too often.

#919 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wasn't taking about cliffy I already emailed him but thanks for checking in
I was referring to the automotive stone. Never heard of it.

I work in a body shop, so I grabbed some of the clear film that we use to prevent rock chips on the hood of cars. I'm sure you can find some at a auto store. I can grap a part number tomorrow.

But I would contact cliffy, his protector will do a much better job of protecting the area.

#920 7 years ago

I am still new to the pinball world, but it seems to me that Ghostbusters Premiums are well worth the upgrade from the pro. Especially opposed to Kiss, for example, which is the same game with a few colored bulbs and no fun gimmicks.

#921 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

I work in a body shop, so I grabbed some of the clear film that we use to prevent rock chips on the hood of cars. I'm sure you can find some at a auto store. I can grap a part number tomorrow.
But I would contact cliffy, his protector will do a much better job of protecting the area.

thanks - I am getting one.

#922 7 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

I am still new to the pinball world, but it seems to me that Ghostbusters Premiums are well worth the upgrade from the pro. Especially opposed to Kiss, for example, which is the same game with a few colored bulbs and no fun gimmicks.

Before buying the Premium, I played the Pro extensively. Loved it! This weekend I finally had a chance to put a few games on the Premium. After doing that I went back and played a Pro... No comparison! If money is an issue, the Pro is a fine choice, but the Premium is definitely a much fuller playing experience!

#923 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

From earlier in this thread:

Cheers for that.

Don't really want to start bending arms about though.

I undid the hex screw to raise him up a bit but there's no way that it will raise him enough to stop dragging on the captive ball metal. He's really low on the right side. Good news is there's no metal nut dragging on the metal, just slimer. Although that might start having paint or whatever start rubbing off him

Does anyone know if there's a switch in adjustments to move him in and out to test it when I try to lift him up?

#924 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Man the Premium side art is so beautiful!
I love the midnight blue tone to it.

I do too! Three local friends got the LEs and as much as I like it, I still think mine is prettier.

#925 7 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Cheers for that.
Don't really want to start bending arms about though.
I undid the hex screw to raise him up a bit but there's no way that it will raise him enough to stop dragging on the captive ball metal. He's really low on the right side. Good news is there's no metal nut dragging on the metal, just slimer. Although that might start having paint or whatever start rubbing off him
Does anyone know if there's a switch in adjustments to move him in and out to test it when I try to lift him up?

If it makes you feel any better, I had to bend the arm on my one. After unscrewing the grub screw, the arm wouldn't budge. No other way around it.

Its not as bad as it sounds. Just be careful and brace the point where the bars join when you bend the Slimer end of the arm upwards. the metal is quite thick, not much chance of breaking it off.

There is a Slimer test in the menu utilities, where you can test the position and swing of the arm. You can also use a pinball and roll it up to Slimer to see if you have the right height.

Mine swings perfectly now and doesn't touch a thing.

Cheers

#926 7 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

If it makes you feel any better, I had to bend the arm on my one. After unscrewing the grub screw, the arm wouldn't budge. No other way around it.
Its not as bad as it sounds. Just be careful and brace the point where the bars join when you bend the Slimer end of the arm upwards. the metal is quite thick, not much chance of breaking it off.
There is a Slimer test in the menu utilities, where you can test the position and swing of the arm. You can also use a pinball and roll it up to Slimer to see if you have the right height.
Mine swings perfectly now and doesn't touch a thing.
Cheers

How's yours looking by the way? All good?

I Might see if I can raise the arm any more. Mine moved all good and hopefully I could go some more from that then re-evaluate

Cheers

#927 7 years ago

My friend got his Monday.....no Slimer dragging.

So weird that this continues to be an inconsistent issue.

#928 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

My friend got his Monday.....no Slimer dragging.
So weird that this continues to be an inconsistent issue.

Not really. It is a matter of mm. Pins are hand assembled there are going to be variations. For example, some people needed to tweak the right ramp guide, mine was fine. My slimer is now fine, just took a bit of tweaking just like any other NIB I have bought.

#929 7 years ago

Hi guys,
I'm expecting my first ever home pinball machine this week, the GB Premium. I've seen lots of comments on ways to protect the machine from damage over time but it's quite difficult trying to decipher some of the lingo and also what's actually genuinely important to minimise wear and tear.
Could someone summarise what, if anything, I should seriously consider getting to protect the machine, what it does, and where to get whatever I need from, please? I'd appreciate any help.
Cheers.

#930 7 years ago

two things:

Airball protector
Shooter lane protector.

Neil.

#931 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Not really. It is a matter of mm. Pins are hand assembled there are going to be variations. For example, some people needed to tweak the right ramp guide, mine was fine. My slimer is now fine, just took a bit of tweaking just like any other NIB I have bought.

A quick test before shipping should be able to catch that.

MM or not.....

#932 7 years ago

Got game Friday late late. Setup Saturday and enjoyed. Made a air ball deflector and have cliffys on order should have them this week.
This evening I temporarily hooked up the topper. Need to get some plugs and make proper taps but my random choice of flashers to tie to for the ones I was unsure of was correct. Here's a quick video but it doesn't do it justice. And I'm only tapping the logic low I have a relay board to take the load of the topper.
FortyTwo

#933 7 years ago

Air is correct, it's called quality control and would take a couple minutes per pin. It is odd that it's inconsistent when it can be checked easily. It's strange.

#934 7 years ago

I have had my Ghostbusters Premium since Tuesday and I think I only enjoyed it for the first time this evening. I have been having a lot of trouble getting it dialed in. I'm going to list out of problems/solutions that I've encountered to let you know my status.

1. Slimer was hitting the glass from above and captive ball metal on the bottom. You've seen this a thousand times in this thread, so I will not beat a dead horse. Bend the armature with slow steady pressure and use the the test mode to check his movement. FIXED.
2. I updated the code from 1.05 (factory default) to 1.10. Things seem to work fine. 797million scored in the release. FIXED.
3. The ball was getting stuck in the subway. This was 100% due to the ball moving too fast through the ramp and when it came to the drop it would fall without making contact with rails and roll back and forth. A little electrical tape in the first ring on the right slowed it down to where it hasn't happened yet. FIXED.
4. The hits on the subway ramp for 'Who brought the dog' and 'Superjackpot' were not registering. I spent a lot of time on this because it turned out to be multiple errors. I diagnosed the problem by using the switch test routine and it wasn't registering. I got out my multi-meter and started checking for continuity. I found that one of the wire heads was not firmly seated in the plastic wiring harness. I thought that would fix it, but then I started playing and it still wasn't registering. So, then I started getting frustrated and I took the switch off and tested it with the multi-meter. It checked out. It was my twelve year old daughter who said 'are you sure the ball is hitting the switch'? It turns out she was correct. In a slow rolling test the switch was registering. When the ball was moving fast it would snake around the switch. I just bent the switch armature out a little bit and now it is working. FIXED.
5. Tony Scoleri can kiss my butt. The drop target is firing twice in the diagnostic mode. I've written about this in the 'Ghostbuster Issue Thread'. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/29#post-3399665. I have been unable to fix this and it really wrecks the 'Scoleri Brothers' mode. NEED HELP!
6. The auto launcher fires like a cannon. It smashes into the back of the table and sometimes nearly takes out Mr. Staypuft or flies right back down the shooting lane. I'm considering putting in a compression spring with more coils to see if that slows it down. I have set the coil power to 'soft' in the settings. Let me know if you have any suggestions. NEED HELP!
7. Airballs happen. I've ordered a guard from oldpinguy. IN PROGRESS.
8. I have not had problems with the outlane hopping unless it comes from an airball. But I did tap the wires up 1/8" with my countersink nail spike. FIXED.
9. Last but not least, I have chips in the clearcloat where the ball is ejected. I also have another chip where the balls fall into the trough. Vid wrote and said that Stern is sending out clear nail polish to fix it and not the two part auto clear. I'm going to give the nail polish a try and get some mylar down. IN PROGRESS.

I've been in contact with Trent at Tilt Amusements and he said he is forwarding my info to Stern, but I have not heard back. I also am reaching out to Stern directly but I did that Friday night and it is the weekend after all.

After all that, I did have some fun tonight. The rules are brutal, if you don't start a scene on the skill shot then you have to go through Slimer which can lead to a lot of SDTM shots. The 'Scare' worked really well on some young guests that I had over. Lots of screaming was involved. The magna slings make me laugh every time they come into play. You can totally post pass on this game which is necessary to set up your shots. I can't post pass on my Star Trek. I have my tilt sensor set to easy as you really need to move the machine to avoid many SDTM shots.

20161013_075349 (resized).jpg20161013_075349 (resized).jpg

#935 7 years ago

^ this is why I think I'll wait for Used Premium in six months

#936 7 years ago
Quoted from jaystile:

6. The auto launcher fires like a cannon. It smashes into the back of the table and sometimes nearly takes out Mr. Staypuft or flies right back down the shooting lane. I'm considering putting in a compression spring with more coils to see if that slows it down. I have set the coil power to 'soft' in the settings. Let me know if you have any suggestions. NEED HELP!

Apparently, you can buy a different Stern spring for the Auto-Launcher (much like you can for the manual plunger) which isn't as powerful.

I wish I could remember what Ghostbusters thread that was in, but the guy showed the part for the Auto-Plunger.

#937 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Air is correct, it's called quality control and would take a couple minutes per pin. It is odd that it's inconsistent when it can be checked easily. It's strange.

I suppose. I guess I have just learned not to sweat the small stuff. I would highly recommend that anyone who gets bent out of shape having to do minor tweaks to a new pinball machine to just not buy NIB. Read the Hobbit and TBL threads, some people going through similar things on those machines. These are hand assembled with tons of parts. People are not perfect, stuff gets missed. <shrug>

#938 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I suppose. I guess I have just learned not to sweat the small stuff. I would highly recommend that anyone who gets bent out of shape having to do minor tweaks to a new pinball machine to just not buy NIB. Read the Hobbit and TBL threads, some people going through similar things on those machines. These are hand assembled with tons of parts. People are not perfect, stuff gets missed. <shrug>

Yes...minor tweaks are fine.

However, this is a issue that shows itself time and time again.

#939 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Yes...minor tweaks are fine.
However, this is a issue that shows itself time and time again.

The fix *is* a minor tweak. Maybe Stern will address it better in future runs, who knows, but for now, if you have the problem, either adjust Slimer up a bit with removing the set screw and moving him up, or bend the arm slightly, and done, play away.

I know everyone wants every pin to be 100% correct out of the box every time. I agree, it would be awesome, sign me up. That's not the reality. When fixes to issues like this are so minor it is odd to be complaining about it imo. Clear coat issues, big problem. 2 mins adjusting slimer, not so much.

#940 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

The fix *is* a minor tweak. Maybe Stern will address it better in future runs, who knows, but for now, if you have the problem, either adjust Slimer up a bit with removing the set screw and moving him up, or bend the arm slightly, and done, play away.
I know everyone wants every pin to be 100% correct out of the box every time. I agree, it would be awesome, sign me up. That's not the reality. When fixes to issues like this are so minor it is odd to be complaining about it imo. Clear coat issues, big problem. 2 mins adjusting slimer, not so much.

Dude. I understand Pinball owners need to tweak things. I am also a big Stern supporter. Everyone on Pinside knows that.

Respect me when I say this, the Slimer drag is an embarrassing flaw that could be easily caught during QC.

#941 7 years ago

I've been reading up on GB as I placed an order for a Premium, and ordered Cliffy's shooter lane protectors after my GoT got a little shooter lane wear even with just mylar alone. This seems like a design flaw -- the ball comes out of the trough hard and at an angle that bashes it right into the groove of the lane (on my GoT, I'm assuming the same on GB). I would think either ejecting softer, or hitting the black rail (easy to protect, letting the ball 'fall' into the lane) would be less damaging given the surface area -- seems inevitable after carefully watching the way the ball ejects that the clear will chip/wear in the lane where the ball lands.

For those who've installed Cliffy protects and specifically the one that goes under the black side rail to protect the far edge of the lane, any pics of how you've stalled it? I know you have to unscrew the rail from the playfield, but seems like you'd want the metal edge of the protector to be right along the edge of lane groove to protect it.

#942 7 years ago

Hey guys,

I have a quick question about Slimer for Premium / LE owners. When Slimer hovers that farther distance LEFT every once in a while (literally floating over the left loop for a brief moment before heading back to the right and mostly staying there) ... can you "bash" him in that position? My Premium Slimer is just a tad high and my ball will roll underneath him if he's hovering above the oulane. All the other positions register just fine.

If this is by design, in other words he is just hovering out of reach to mess with you, then that's fine. But, if I'm losing a possible bash point, I want to make sure and fix that. Ha ha.

Thanks!

#943 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Respect me when I say this, the Slimer drag is an embarrassing flaw that could be easily caught during QC.

It is not about respect. You have an opinion. I have an opinion. They differ. You think it is a big deal, I don't. People disagree sometimes, sorry if that bothers you. My only point in posting my discovered issues and fixes was to help other people that run into the same things. Not looking to change your mind, Stern processes, or the world at large. I'll leave that to people who find that worth their time.

#944 7 years ago

Here is a picture of the cliffy installed

IMG_8752 (resized).JPGIMG_8752 (resized).JPG

#945 7 years ago

Is there a link for the cliffy protectors? I can't find the ghostbusters one there.

#946 7 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

Is there a link for the cliffy protectors? I can't find the ghostbusters one there.

you have to contact him. They are not on his site.

#947 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Apparently, you can buy a different Stern spring for the Auto-Launcher (much like you can for the manual plunger) which isn't as powerful.
I wish I could remember what Ghostbusters thread that was in, but the guy showed the part for the Auto-Plunger.

If you can find that post let me know! I've been digging through the site and haven't found it. Oh Google why have you forsaken me?

#948 7 years ago
Quoted from jaystile:

If you can find that post let me know! I've been digging through the site and haven't found it. Oh Google why have you forsaken me?

I also want to know where you can buy this.

#949 7 years ago

how hard to install the cliffy? Also - I'm assuming since you put it over the shooter, you can see if the damage starts to occur first and then install right? I ask b/c I rather not install and it seems this thing covers the shooter so you wouldn't know if the shooter has damage or not.

Also - found out the tough news that my pin was never picked up for shipment which is why I haven't seen it even though it was expected to be shipped on 10.7. Pin is now shipped so I should get it soon - hopefully!

#950 7 years ago

Install the lane protector day 1 and you wont get any damage...no need to check. They are worth every penny

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

15,699 (OBO)
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info/page/19?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.